Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Hurry up Ezekiel we have to finish this pyramid today so it’s on the books for this quarter
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I was a multi billionaire I'd build a concrete pyramid.
View Quote

Ozymandius already tried that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:53:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but can y’all stack ‘em that high?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 2:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:00:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Muslims already tried to destroy the pyramids, and they kept stripping the outer shell for stone to build Cairo until the late 19th century.

n AD 1196, Al-Aziz Uthman, Saladin's son and the Sultan of Egypt, attempted to demolish the pyramids, starting with that of Menkaure. Workmen recruited to demolish the pyramid stayed at their job for eight months, but found it almost as expensive to destroy as to build. They could only remove one or two stones each day. Some used wedges and levers to move the stones, while others used ropes to pull them down. When a stone fell, it would bury itself in the sand, requiring extraordinary efforts to free it. Wedges were used to split the stones into several pieces, and a cart was used to carry it to the foot of the escarpment, where it was left. Despite their efforts, workmen were only able to damage the pyramid to the extent of leaving a large vertical gash at its northern face

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_Menkaure

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"AMAZING VIDEO! Man Lifts 20 Ton Block By Hand?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5pZ7uR6v8c
View Quote

Interesting.
But he does it all on concrete. Still doesn’t explain the cutting, polishing, and moving 50 miles over soft dirt.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting.
But he does it all on concrete. Still doesn’t explain the cutting, polishing, and moving 50 miles over soft dirt.
View Quote

the pyramids are in an area of limestone bedrock, the egyptians built it in that location so they could also quarry the stones for it nearby.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbressan/2017/09/28/papyrus-reveals-from-where-the-rocks-used-to-build-the-great-pyramid-came-from/?sh=509766173a90

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Close to the deadline to finish then the fines kick in.
View Quote

Lol...avoiding LDs
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Interesting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"AMAZING VIDEO! Man Lifts 20 Ton Block By Hand?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5pZ7uR6v8c

Interesting.

LOL.

Friedrich Mohs enters the discussion.

Abrasive material (sand), water and wooden and metal implements are great tools for working with limestone.

Also, have you ever driven on a beach? Is it easier to drive on wet sand or dry sand?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:51:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Slavery gets shit done.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm sure the stones haven't moved in the last 2000+ years.
View Quote

Add another 3,000 years to that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:47:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Or eroded. Then there is all the covering stones for the entire outside that is now gone. OP has the historical knowledge of his 8 year old.

View Quote

Even Then. Its a better excuse than the retards who think it was Alien technology.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do it nearly 500 feet tall and use 2.5 ton bricks and let me know how it works out for you.

No machinery...go!
View Quote

It's fine as long as you have a basic understanding of pullies, levers and a massive amount of disposable slave labor
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@WhiskersTheCat
View Quote

Rome builds giant stadium to have murder contests
Rome builds fresh water transportation

Egyptians stack piles of rocks

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/UFeTweT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XqAFY5F.jpg

Actually awesome, unlike stupid ass piles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rome builds giant stadium to have murder contests
Rome builds fresh water transportation

Egyptians stack piles of rocks

https://i.imgur.com/UFeTweT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XqAFY5F.jpg

Actually awesome, unlike stupid ass piles.

Someone showed me a document where the Greeks figured out automatic doors to open the temple doors.

WTF

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#21]

look at those giant gaps...such shoddy construction
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Obviously non-union construction.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

govt job too, probably to the lowest bidder.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:22:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Muslims already tried to destroy the pyramids, and they kept stripping the outer shell for stone to build Cairo until the late 19th century.

n AD 1196, Al-Aziz Uthman, Saladin's son and the Sultan of Egypt, attempted to demolish the pyramids, starting with that of Menkaure. Workmen recruited to demolish the pyramid stayed at their job for eight months, but found it almost as expensive to destroy as to build. They could only remove one or two stones each day. Some used wedges and levers to move the stones, while others used ropes to pull them down. When a stone fell, it would bury itself in the sand, requiring extraordinary efforts to free it. Wedges were used to split the stones into several pieces, and a cart was used to carry it to the foot of the escarpment, where it was left. Despite their efforts, workmen were only able to damage the pyramid to the extent of leaving a large vertical gash at its northern face

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_Menkaure

https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-splice-spp-674x446/0b/2c/f7/61.jpg
View Quote
That "demolish" story has been disproven.
There is a great video I watched on that subject.
Sorry I don't have a link.
But in a nutshell it states common sense.
If you were going to tear down a pile or stones why start in the middle outside edge of the pile where stones would have to be pried out from beside and under other tightly fitted stones.
You instead would start at the top just pushing stones over and letting them roll down the side.
The whole "demolish" story was cover for treasure hunting, digging into the center of the pyramid.

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:26:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would wager add more like 100,000 years plus.
Just the Sphinx alone has been dated over 250,000 years by geologists just by rain water erosion on the walls surrounding the Sphinx.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:34:20 AM EDT
[#27]
If you want to see something more advanced then take a look at what was found in passageways carved into the bedrock that later civilizations had then built the step pyramid over.
40,000 of these jars most made out of stone harder than granite.
Many as thin as an egg shell.
Obviously not built by the dynastic Egyptians but rather they "inherented" or found them left from a previous more advanced civilization.
This previous civilization built the 3 major pyramids and the Sphinx many hundreds of thousands of years ago and most likely were killed off by the Younger Dryas event some 12,000 plus years ago.
The dynastic Egyptians discovered these major pyramids and built their own "copies" like the bent Pyramid out of respect.
All of the later built pyramids were no where near as precise as the 3 major pyramids.
Incredible Precision Stone Jars, and other unsolved mysteries of Saqqara!

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Probably pretty frickin tired of this shit at that point
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just the Sphinx alone has been dated over 250,000 years by geologists just by rain water erosion on the walls surrounding the Sphinx.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, seriously? Even widely debunked theories only try to date it back to 5,000BC, and I’ve seen an absolutely wildly exaggerated claim of 12,000BC. Where the hell are you getting a quarter million years? Most scholars can acceptably date it to around 2,500BC, which is still very, very old. That dates back to damn near the dawn of civilized man, do we really need ancient alien theories or Atlantian nonsense to explain it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:07:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol, seriously? Even widely debunked theories only try to date it back to 5,000BC, and I've seen an absolutely wildly exaggerated claim of 12,000BC. Where the hell are you getting a quarter million years? Most scholars can acceptably date it to around 2,500BC, which is still very, very old. That dates back to damn near the dawn of civilized man, do we really need ancient alien theories or Atlantian nonsense to explain it?
View Quote
Water erosion on the carved stone bedrock walls around which the Sphinx was constructed dates back 160,000 to 250,000 years.
Not built by aliens but a previous advanced civilization.
Look at the above video I posted for some examples of advanced technology not possible during the dynastic Egyptians time with bronze, copper or even diamond tipped tools.
The dynastic Egyptians didn't even use a lathe and some of these pots would be hard to reproduce today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:15:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lol, seriously? Even widely debunked theories only try to date it back to 5,000BC, and I've seen an absolutely wildly exaggerated claim of 12,000BC. Where the hell are you getting a quarter million years? Most scholars can acceptably date it to around 2,500BC, which is still very, very old. That dates back to damn near the dawn of civilized man, do we really need ancient alien theories or Atlantian nonsense to explain it?
View Quote
This thread led me down a rabbit hole .
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Who-built-the-ancient-megalithic-structures-often-accredited-to-the-Incas/5-2176528/
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I'm more impressed with the photo quality from 5000 years ago
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#33]
So build one, OP. We'll be waiting....
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Foreman probably didn’t bother climbing up there to look for himself.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#35]
 to this post and it’s predessor of “the pyramids is just stacked rocks…”

There are multiple pyramids in Egypt throughout the dynasties but the most famous are the pyramids of Giza which hereunto I’ll just call “the Pyramids.”  Others were built but collapsed, succumbed to the desert etc.

*There are only three areas of desert in the world where something as heavy as the Pyramids could have been built.  They chose one of them.

*The Pyramids are accurate.  They point within .005 inches to North and South.

*Even with cranes, helicopters, tractors and trucks at our disposal, it would be tough to construct the Great Pyramid of Giza today. Its construction 4,500 years ago is so astounding in some people's eyes that they invoke mystical or even alien involvement. But the current theory of the building of the Great Pyramid — the notion that it was assembled from the inside out, via a spiraling internal ramp — is probably still the best construction plan.  https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna46485163

*Around 5.5 million tonnes of limestone, 8,000 tonnes of granite (transported from Aswan, 800km away), and 500,000 tonnes of mortar were used to build the Great Pyramid.
This mighty stone formed part of an outer layer of fine white limestone that would have made the sides completely smooth. It was polished until it shone so that the pyramid would have gleamed in the sun. The limestone casing blocks came from quarries at Tura 15km downriver from Giza.  https://www.nms.ac.uk/explore-our-collections/stories/world-cultures/ancient-egyptian-collection/ancient-egyptian-collection/pyramid-casing-stone/#:~:text=Around%205.5%20million%20tonnes%20of,made%20the%20sides%20completely%20smooth.

Following that plan, we could replicate the Wonder of the Ancient World for a cool $5 billion.

First, let's look at the blueprint: The pyramid is 756 feet long on each side, 481 feet high and composed of 2.3 million stones weighing nearly 3 tons each for a total mass of 6.5 million tons. Legend has it that the structure was erected in just 20 years' time, meaning that a block had to have been moved into place about every 5 minutes of each day and night. That pace would have required the (slave) labor of thousands.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top