Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/10/2012 4:17:21 AM EDT
I don't know what it is about this guy but his comics always seem to hit the nail right on the head with these sorts of things.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That's funny.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
He nails the rationalizations down to a "t."
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think that's what makes most of his comics so funny.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:46:38 AM EDT
[#5]
people keep bringing shame on our armed forces with this shit. how could anyone trying to "win hearts and minds" be so fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
people keep bringing shame on our armed forces with this shit. how could anyone trying to "win hearts and minds" be so fucking retarded.

Do you think Afghans know what the fuck SS runes are?  If they did, do you think they would care?

No and No imo.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Considering the arabs sided with Hitler during WW2 you would think these comparisons would help the military in the muslim world.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Considering the arabs sided with Hitler during WW2 you would think these comparisons would help the military in the muslim world.

This.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Why not wear the SS uniforms? Those fuckers were bitchin' and it's not like anybody else is using them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:06:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I can't believe it took this long for the MSM to catch on but I called it in the Marines living up to the highest traditions and values by pissing on dead terrorists thread- these kinds of things have consequences.

OTOH, I remember an idiot at Fort Bragg trying to argue that he didn't know who Kurt Meyer was,that he just had his picture tattooed on his arm because it looked cool.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why not wear the SS uniforms? Those fuckers were bitchin' and it's not like anybody else is using them.

Hugo Boss designed and manufactured them. Gotta hand it to the Nazis: they were snappy dressers.

Good comic.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think Afghans know what the fuck SS runes are?  If they did, do you think they would care?

No and No imo.

Only Afghans can be ashamed of our armed forces?

US units who embrace Nazi-esque symbols are embarrassing, and do bring shame - that fact stands regardless of whether Afghanistan even exits.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:17:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Wouldn't happen if the K-Pot didn't look like a Stahlhelm and with a cammie cover a Waffen SS Stahlhelm.
Everybody is Natzi's Oh teh Noez!
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I cannot believe they were foolish enough to use a flag that looks exactly like an SS flag

Sooner or later it would be spotted by the press and a shitstorm would follow

regardless of the motivation or the reasons, it was virtually guaranteed to eventually explode into a public relations disaster.

pure dumbness

now go ahead and explain how I'm wrong even though the media shitstorm has already happened
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I cannot believe they were foolish enough to use a flag that looks exactly like an SS flag

regardless of the motivation or the reasons, it was virtually guaranteed to eventually explode into a public relations disaster.

pure dumbness

now go ahead and explain how I'm wrong even though the media shitstorm has already happened

This isn't a "Oh my God they just started doing this." That Community has used Sig Runes for decades.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:26:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I read stuff like this it makes me think that all the indoctrination is working.

political correctness will be our downfall.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No and No imo.

Only Afghans can be ashamed of our armed forces?

US units who embrace Nazi-esque symbols are embarrassing, and do bring shame - that fact stands regardless of whether Afghanistan even exits.

I agree with this. It's been a while so we forget what our parents and grandparents taught us. But I can tell you this my 92 year old grandfather hasn't forgotten it was the Nazis that put him and his shipmates in the North Sea.

Bad call on using Nazi symbols.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

pure dumbness

This isn't a "Oh my God they just started doing this." That Community has used Sig Runes for decades.

And it's amazing that it never kaboomed in their faces before

The lack of common sense is staggering

This isn't a matter of the usual retarded Political Correctness

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Andthe Norse used the Sowilo rune for centuries before Herr Himmler did.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No and No imo.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:38:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You Da' Boss...      

( Hugo Boss that is! )
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I read stuff like this it makes me think that all the indoctrination is working.

so, you think we should give them a pass because they're marines? There's a reason some people are so anti-troop / anti-military - because of these asshats who are apparently oblivious to the fact that they're under intense scrutiny by a media and world that generally disapprove of their mission.

Yes, SS runes are no big deal.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1997_Starship_Troopers/997STS_Neil_Patrick_Harris_007.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hThDNp7HVhQ/Tqi5m8hgO8I/AAAAAAAAAvE/IzbdMTkfchc/s1600/st5.jpg

You Da' Boss...      

( Hugo Boss that is! )

he maybe ghey, but he looks snazzy in that uniform.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Damned Nazi Vikings!

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

lol - did you see the comic strip?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, and I have it tattooed on my arm. But not two of them side by side in the exact manner used by the Nazis.

I was a Marine and I am calling it thus...I get what they were after but it was fucking stupid. I wonder what the surviving marines who put Nazis in the ground think about our toops reveling around that symbol.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#30]
It's ok. They're taking them back.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and I have it tattooed on my arm. But not two of them side by side in the exact manner used by the Nazis.

I was a Marine and I am calling it thus...I get what they were after but it was fucking stupid. I wonder what the surviving marines who put Nazis in the ground think about our toops reveling around that symbol.

6th Marines occupied Iceland and of course served in ships' detachments but you'll otherwise look pretty hard to find Marines that fought Nazis.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm not a whole lot of Jarheads in the ETO outside Ships Detachments and OSS Seconded Guys.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No and No imo.
I'd bet you the Polish, French, Hungarian, British, Canadian, Belgians, Danes, Dutch ISAF contingents Soldiers DO know  what it means.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Taliban and Afghans arent Arabs...... thats why we need different Interpreters. Same mistake Obama made....
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and the Nazis put two of them together as the symbol for the organization that ended up running the concentration camps in addition to fighting the war. It doesn't bother me a bit to see Scout Snipers using the SS runes for their own purposes, but it's silly to think that outsiders won't see that and be left with a bad impression, especially when the flag they are using is available from numerous white supremacist websites as the "SS Hausfahne flag".

I'm not going to get all hand wringing and over wrought about S/S using Sig Runes, maybe I saw it so much I'm immune to a bunch of 8541's with Runes and Deaths Heads and attitudes. A good Percentage probably couldn't  even have a conversation about the Runes the Death Heads or what the  WW2 meaning of same. To them it's a cool guy HSLD Scout Sniper thing that will be banned or is being banned in an ALMAR as I type this, I have no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Would it be OK for someone to have a SS avatar and then try to claim it's in support of the scout snipers?  I doubt it.  Something like that, even when attempting to put it in context, is outrageous, and people shouldn't be surprised by the flak they get for it.

But whether they want to continue to represent themselves that way is completely up to them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm not a whole lot of Jarheads in the ETO outside Ships Detachments and OSS Seconded Guys.
Oh well that makes it Ok then. Hey can we use the insignia of the terrs who bombed the Marine Barracks in Beirut? its only a design afterall....

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so, you think we should give them a pass because they're marines? There's a reason some people are so anti-troop / anti-military - because of these asshats who are apparently oblivious to the fact that they're under intense scrutiny by a media and world that generally disapprove of their mission.

You just pointed out why they shouldn't care, the people who promote these bullshit allegations are not doing so based on fact.  Regardless of what they do, they will be vilified.

Whats shameful is that you people would rather take the media spin on this and gobble it up than think about it intelligently.  The funny part, the only reason the media promotes this bullshit is because you watch it.  You are nothing but a member of a giant PC anti-American circle jerk.  Just don't act surprised when it turns into anal train.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6th Marines occupied Iceland and of course served in ships' detachments but you'll otherwise look pretty hard to find Marines that fought Nazis.

Busted, thats what I get for speaking faster than my brain can think. Shit, just replace Marines with soldiers then.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1997_Starship_Troopers/997STS_Neil_Patrick_Harris_007.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hThDNp7HVhQ/Tqi5m8hgO8I/AAAAAAAAAvE/IzbdMTkfchc/s1600/st5.jpg

You Da' Boss...      

( Hugo Boss that is! )

he maybe ghey, but he looks snazzy in that uniform.  

That uniform makes my pants tight.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:25:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Say what you will... Charlie Chaplin is all kinds of funny.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:31:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just pointed out why they shouldn't care, the people who promote these bullshit allegations are not doing so based on fact.  Regardless of what they do, they will be vilified.

Whats shameful is that you people would rather take the media spin on this and gobble it up than think about it intelligently.  The funny part, the only reason the media promotes this bullshit is because you watch it.  You are nothing but a member of a giant PC anti-American circle jerk.  Just don't act surprised when it turns into anal train.

Seriously? You really believe these guys chose that symbol just because it could mean scout sniper? They didn't do it because they thought the symbol looked bad ass and has a hardcore mythos about it?

That Terminal Lance fits your attitude perfectly. Either that or you think that using Nazi propaganda is cool. We exterminated those bastards for a reason. You are quick to point out evryone else being indoctrinated but you don't see that we, as a nation fought and died fighting those fucks.

Maybe in another 20 years it would be cool if a unit adopted black turbans and made their war cry Allah Akbar. I mean it wouldn't have anything to do with those other guys who did that, honest
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damned Nazi Vikings!  

This is how women argue, pretending to misunderstand.

step 1.  marines use flag looking exactly like WWII nazi flag

step 2.  media flips the fuck out and has a field day with it

step 3 . arfcom hardasses pretend that step 1 and step 2 are a shocking development, just amazing i tells ya, who could have forseen it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Former Marine here.

I'm confident that the SS insignia was (informally) adopted by the scout sniper community for exactly one reason: it looks bad ass (which it does). The fact that the SS were elite sure doesn't hurt.
However, it's stupid to adopt a symbol that was so intimately adopted by/stolen by/associated with Nazi Germany.  It's bad for the image.
Symbols, like words, have meaning.
Good enthusiasm, poor judgment.
The Marine Corps, being as conscious of its image as it is, will squash ithe SS rune usage.

ETA:  fucking SNAP!

Quoted:
That Terminal Lance fits your attitude perfectly. Either that or you think that using Nazi propaganda is cool. We exterminated those bastards for a reason. You are quick to point out evryone else being indoctrinated but you don't see that we, as a nation fought and died fighting those fucks.

Maybe in another 20 years it would be cool if a unit adopted black turbans and made their war cry Allah Akbar. I mean it wouldn't have anything to do with those other guys who did that, honest

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Well lets lock up those damn members of KISS who are obviously Nazis as well.  

FYI all four original members are Jewish.

This thread website is full of ignorant idiots.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just pointed out why they shouldn't care, the people who promote these bullshit allegations are not doing so based on fact. Regardless of what they do, they will be vilified.

Whats shameful is that you people would rather take the media spin on this and gobble it up than think about it intelligently. The funny part, the only reason the media promotes this bullshit is because you watch it. You are nothing but a member of a giant PC anti-American circle jerk. Just don't act surprised when it turns into anal train.

Seriously? You really believe these guys chose that symbol just because it could mean scout sniper? They didn't do it because they thought the symbol looked bad ass and has a hardcore mythos about it?

I believe, no I know that Sig Runes were being used in that community as a symbol long before any of those Marines knew what a STA Plt was.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#48]
You are correct, Kiss should indeed be held to the same standards as the United States Marine Corps.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well lets lock up those damn members of KISS who are obviously Nazis as well.  

FYI all four original members are Jewish.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motherfackerrrrrrrr/Kiss.jpg

This thread website is full of ignorant idiots.  

Funny.  So now Kiss is as important as the USMC? Kiss only represents themselves.  If they choose a stupid symbol and it blows up on them, it only hurts them.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well that makes it Ok then. Hey can we use the insignia of the terrs who bombed the Marine Barracks in Beirut? its only a design afterall....

You need a Tissue?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top