BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you disable the cylinder saver crap? Its literally imperceptible.
View Quote
Its been known to make the motor go boom.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Had a loaner 2017 ecoboost for about 2 weeks. Acceleration was impressive and it tows 9k lbs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
can't pass up $11,000 off a $59,000 vehicle

probably driving up to houston on saturday to get me a shiny new expedition (closest fucking place i could find one that was 4wd)
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, 3hr drive to sealy, TX this morning but I did come back with a new expedition

Surprised I didn't get a ticket, every time I looked down I was doing about 85

Shitastic initial mileage, maybe from the whole 85 thing, 14.0
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yep, 3hr drive to sealy, TX this morning but I did come back with a new expedition

Surprised I didn't get a ticket, every time I looked down I was doing about 85

Shitastic initial mileage, maybe from the whole 85 thing, 14.0
View Quote
Nice choice!

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
The ecoboost expedition is fantastic. It's ridiculously fun to drive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice choice!

View Quote
i just hope that twin turboed fucker holds together

this one won't do any work aside from taking a couple little girls to school and events

i like that nothing has changed since '12 and i can reuse my floormats and such and that my wife doesn't have to adjust to it

and also that it's not an '18.  there are undoubtedly uglier vehicles that have driven down a road, but ford put forth a valiant effort in the '18 expedition
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
2018 Expedition with the 3.5 EB and 10 speed
View Quote
this, itis your wifes rig right?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maaaan I thought this was gonna be a Turbo Buick thread........... I am disappoint.

I"ll save you OP,

https://hips.hearstapps.com/roa.h-cdn.co/assets/15/17/1024x512/landscape-1429894916-1987buickregalgnx-medium.jpg?resize=1200:*
View Quote
I could still kick myself for not buying one of those when I had the chance
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
 Solution is obvious:
 Turbocharge the V8
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Expedition is a nicer rig with more interior room. The Ecoboost is impressive, go drive it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tahoe plus Range AFM (disables V4 mode)
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have driven many vehicles with this (BMW, Mini's).  It isn't that bad once you get used to it.
View Quote
a month later i'll respond to this because now i have the insight to do so

i don't drive my wife's car unless it's to warm it up and change the oil

well i drove one 3 hours each way today and thought about the fucking dial shifter

the entire drive i had my hand resting on the shifter, without that shifter it would not have been remotely comfortable for me

maybe that's habit for me from shit that has a third pedal but it's the absolute truth
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do NOT get the Tahoe with the 3.08 gears.  Chevy website shows 3.42 available, 3.73 would be better.  The 3.08 is sweet on the interstate where RPMs are high enough that it gets in the power band.

Wife drives a K1500 Suburban w/ 3.08 and it is terrible around town.  I have to keep it in haul mode to make it shift at higher RPM or it lugs badly.

I have had no problems with the AFM.  Make sure you use a good oil.
View Quote
i think stock gearing is 3.15, buying a 4wd makes it a 3.31 but not posi

some dickhead didn't order the $320 3.73 posi option on the one i bought, no telling how far i'd have had to have gone to get that
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#15]
The modern V8's are awesome.  Hate on cylinder deactivation/economy modes all you want.  Getting to stomp on the the gas and hear a V8 rumble when you want AND get 20+ MPG on the highway = .

My Last truck was a Ford with a 5.4L.  ~230hp, 13 MPG mixed, and 16 MPG on the highway.  My current truck is a Dodge/Ram with a 5.7L.  385hp, 18.5 MPG mixed (with me not being easy on it), and 21 MPG on the highway.  Modern V8 > Old school gas guzzler.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The modern V8's are awesome.  Hate on cylinder deactivation/economy modes all you want.  Getting to stomp on the the gas and hear a V8 rumble when you want AND get 20+ MPG on the highway = .

My Last truck was a Ford with a 5.4L.  ~230hp, 13 MPG mixed, and 16 MPG on the highway.  My current truck is a Dodge/Ram with a 5.7L.  385hp, 18.5 MPG mixed (with me not being easy on it), and 21 MPG on the highway.  Modern V8 > Old school gas guzzler.
View Quote
You sure that's not because of the transmission and gears?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#17]
We just bought a 2017 3.5 Ecoboost Expedition king Ranch two days ago and love it. We traded out 2011 Honda Pilot in on it. For such a large and heavy vehicle, the ecoboost V6 does an amazing job getting it up to speed very quickly and the torque is unreal. I like this set up far more than the 2001 Expedition we had years ago with the 5.4 V8.

The Expedition was probably the last vehicle I thought we would have bought but I'm very happy with it. The ride is far more comfortable than I expected and rolls at 85 mph with no effort at all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You sure that's not because of the transmission and gears?
View Quote
That's true.  My trucks 8 speed transmission is the shit.  Seriously...the f****r shifts about as smoothly as the Allison in my Dad's GMC 2500 w/Duramax.

Shits a Dodge though, so it might just grenade on my way to work on Monday, lol.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We just bought a 2017 3.5 Ecoboost Expedition king Ranch two days ago and love it. We traded out 2011 Honda Pilot in on it. For such a large and heavy vehicle, the ecoboost V6 does an amazing job getting it up to speed very quickly and the torque is unreal. I like this set up far more than the 2001 Expedition we had years ago with the 5.4 V8.

The Expedition was probably the last vehicle I thought we would have bought but I'm very happy with it. The ride is far more comfortable than I expected and rolls at 85 mph with no effort at all.
View Quote
i didn't want to use cruise control for break-in reasons as it rolled off the lot with 11.4 miles on it

i usually try and drive about 76 and that fucker was smooth as silk at 90, ordinarily when i looked down it was at about 84

wasn't passing many people, either.  traffic on 59 was hauling ass today.

did stop at praseks and got a pound of thick peppered though so i've got that going for me

ETA:  don't want to speak jive, praskes is a smokehouse.  their jerky is up to $26/lbs but it's worth it, buy some.  praseks
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
2018 Expedition with the 3.5 EB and 10 speed
View Quote
This is the answer you seek.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i didn't want to use cruise control for break-in reasons as it rolled off the lot with 11.4 miles on it

i usually try and drive about 76 and that fucker was smooth as silk at 90, ordinarily when i looked down it was at about 84

wasn't passing many people, either.  traffic on 59 was hauling ass today.

did stop at praseks and get a pound of thick peppered though so i've got that going for me
View Quote
I haven't used cruise on ours yet either. You're right, this big ol bitch wants to get up and go and right now. I have to really pay attention at how fast I'm going because it just doesn't feel like I'm going anywhere near as fast as I really am. Last night on my way home, I was zipping past traffic hitting 90 several times. Ford has done a damn fine job with this SUV and I couldn't be happier with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tahoe plus Range AFM (disables V4 mode)
View Quote
FPNI

There are lots of handheld tuners that disable the v4 nonsense.

The new 5.3 is no slob.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I haven't used cruise on ours yet either. You're right, this big ol bitch wants to get up and go and right now. I have to really pay attention at how fast I'm going because it just doesn't feel like I'm going anywhere near as fast as I really am. Last night on my way home, I was zipping past traffic hitting 90 several times. Ford has done a damn fine job with this SUV and I couldn't be happier with it.
View Quote
i'm taking the radar detector out of my truck and putting it in this thing for my wife as soon as i can secure some velcro
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I traded a 3.5 EB F150 for a 5.0  and really regret the engine change.  The newer truck is awesome but the 5.0 is so much weaker stoplight to stoplight.  I've gotten used to it now and it's fine but the first few weeks were dreadful.  120,000 miles on the ecoboost in four years with no problems.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i'm taking the radar detector out of my truck and putting it in this thing for my wife as soon as i can secure some velcro
View Quote
Yeah, thats probably not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Maaaan I thought this was gonna be a Turbo Buick thread........... I am disappoint.

I"ll save you OP,

https://hips.hearstapps.com/roa.h-cdn.co/assets/15/17/1024x512/landscape-1429894916-1987buickregalgnx-medium.jpg?resize=1200:*
View Quote
I'll add to help the OP as well....

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top