Site Notices
“Good” beers (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
I don't like beer. Never had a good one, they all taste terrible.

Why beer became so popular with the way it tastes has always been something I just can't wrap my mind around.
View Quote

Ah yes, another thread to troll and shit in, like the Tiffany Gomas one because she isn't hot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
I've been finding myself seeking out the strongest IPA's
View Quote
You've basically desensitized yourself to lupulin.

Its akin to needing to order the hottest wings on the menu to get a kick, because the regular "hot" stuff just doesn't do it for you anymore.

That's why people who aren't desensitized to it think people who have been are insane.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Why beer became so popular with the way it tastes has always been something I just can't wrap my mind around.
View Quote

Beer is an acquired taste, most boys aquire it when they become a man.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fatalerror113:
Maybe you were just being snobbish, and you didn't actually hate them?

There are probably very few macro-brews I would turn down if they were free. That doesn't mean I would buy them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fatalerror113:
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

That's how I've felt for the last decade +.

Not sure what's changed.  

I'm sure I could drink Chimay all day long.  It's more the stronger beers that I'm turning away from.
Maybe you were just being snobbish, and you didn't actually hate them?

There are probably very few macro-brews I would turn down if they were free. That doesn't mean I would buy them.

Ha, for me it’s more because I’m a 2-3 beer drinker, and not an 6-12 beer drinker, unless I’m actually out with friends.

So if I was just having a couple at home, I’d buy a couple nice ones.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
This is really good.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
After ~15 years of drinking craft beers, I think I'm beginning to like things like Heineken, Steinlager, Guinness, etc more and move back to cheaper mass produced beers.

Anyone else had this happen?

I'm not a huge beer drinker, fwiw.  So when I did drink it, I would normally buy something "good".  But the good stuff isn't tasting good to me anymore.  Dunno why.
View Quote
Yes it's called growing up.

lol but for real, I've returned to the classics as well. Look, they're popular because they're palatable. I don't want a palate wrecker anymore. They fuck with my gut, fill me up and are otherwise not as pleasant.

When I was 23? Sure. Now I'm 33, and I just want a Yuengling/Heineken/Coors Banquet/Whatever. Maybe I'll grab a mainline craft brand like Founders, Sierra or Sam here and there, but 9 times out of ten I stick to the basics. My body thanks me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I always preferred good beer to cheap, but over the years the retard hipsters confused hoppy with good and they over hopped all the IPA bullshit into cat piss.  I'm good with a mellow pale ale, or a cream ale, lager if need be, but the over hopped hipster beard juice can go in the toilet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#9]
Originally Posted By A_G:

Ah yes, another thread to troll and shit in, like the Tiffany Gomas one because she isn't hot.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A_G:

She's still a 6 at best, but only if she didn't have that tattoo, though I don't know what that has to do with this thread? I'm just stating my opinion that I don't like beer (it's nasty), and trying to understand why so many think it's good.

Thankfully I don't drink anymore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cedjunior:

View All Quotes

Yes, that's what I don't get. Why would anyone acquire a taste for something that tastes bad? There's all kinds of hard alcohol out there that actually tastes decent when mixed with something, and another plus is that you can get drunk a lot quicker from it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes, that's what I don't get. Why would anyone acquire a taste for something that tastes bad? There's all kinds of hard alcohol out there that actually tastes decent when mixed with something, and another plus is that you can get drunk a lot quicker from it.
View All Quotes

Kids tend to like sugary sweet stuff.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't drink shit beer anymore.  And have enough money not to worry about cost.
Oktoberfest is my favorite and luckily very few are sub par.
I always liked weiss (wheat) beer for a lighter hot summer day beer. Hacker Pschorr is a good one.
George Killians is my regular but I generally like almost all amber ales.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:40:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#13]

View All Quotes

Oh I know, I have a niece and 3 nephews and they do for sure, but now I'm a little confused... Kids aren't even supposed to be drinking alcohol, so I don't know how that factors into the conversation? Though even me at my age (41) I prefer the taste of anything sweet to mask straight hard alcohol, so I don't really think it's an age dependent thing.

I've asked both of my brothers (who are younger than me) on different occasions why they like beer and they can't really give a good explanation. I'm trying to chalk it up to personal preference, but how is it even possible that the vast majority of guys out there (like 99.9%) like bitter, nasty tasting beer? When peoples' tastes on almost everything else are all so different from each other, the fact that they are all the same when it comes to beer just doesn't make any sense.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
After ~15 years of drinking craft beers, I think I'm beginning to like things like Heineken, Steinlager, Guinness, etc more and move back to cheaper mass produced beers.

I'm not a huge beer drinker, fwiw.  So when I did drink it, I would normally buy something "good".  But the good stuff isn't tasting good to me anymore.  Dunno why.

View Quote
Nope.  Shit beers are still, shit beers.  Something within you has changed.  Palate?  Expectations? Bad experiences?  Budget?  Heineken and other mass produced, macro Euro lagers are trash*--Cheap, flavorless and low alcohol (*Guinness Stout is actually a pretty good Dry Stout).  

So, what's different with you?  

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:06:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Circle_R:
Nope.  Shit beers are still, shit beers.  Something within you has changed.  Palate?  Expectations? Bad experiences?  Budget?  Heineken and other mass produced, macro Euro lagers are trash*--Cheap, flavorless and low alcohol (*Guinness Stout is actually a pretty good Dry Stout).  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circle_R:

Well, yeah.  The beers haven’t changed in taste.  I think im just burned out on IPAs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#16]
My current favorite local craft beer > Automatic for the People

Probably not available outside of GA.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Westvletrin 12 is the answer.  Voted the very best beer WORLDWIDE for like 30 years
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Spaten is my favorite full bodied beer, but I also enjoy a cold Stella after mowing the lawn or when I want something lighter.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
“Good” beers (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top