Posted: 4/26/2024 10:20:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Dempsey]

ETA: Sad video in the tweet.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#1]
Edit: see you got it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting no suspect information has been released by the police.  Yes, I know.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Sad. If only someone had taught her that a restraining order is just a piece of paper and when seconds count, police are only minutes away.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By noob5000000:
Sad. If only someone had taught her that a restraining order is just a piece of paper and when seconds count, police are only minutes away.
View Quote

This.  Fucking anti-2A Maryland.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Restraining orders are like door locks, they only work on people that don’t need them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:59:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Whelp that was fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Some day people will realize that some little piece of paper doesn't come with magical powers.

Of course, that realization will probably go along with figuring out that being attracted to Bad Boyz comes with a certain price.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:
Some day people will realize that some little piece of paper doesn't come with magical powers.

Of course, that realization will probably go along with figuring out that being attracted to Bad Boyz comes with a certain price.
View Quote

Exactly, sleep with the dog's, wake up with the fleas.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#10]
She liked the "bad boy."
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Absolutely correct. Restraining order won't do shit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:
View Quote

I had to get my MIL to realize that when Suffolk County gave her an OOP, she actually thought it meant something. Even when my SIL violated it right in front of the cops nothing happened.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The hazards of Thugluv.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#14]
You have paperwork. Prepare properly
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#15]
It's cold in the D
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:50:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fishing_cabin:
You have paperwork. Prepare properly
View Quote

The paperwork is preparation for when you have to protect yourself against the person later, at least how I've always heard it.

Unfortunately, many who end up needing them don't actually understand how things work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Did she not try to show him the RO?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:07:04 AM EDT
[#19]
The police haven't named a suspect.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Where is the sad video?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a restraining order on you
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:
She liked the "bad boy."
View Quote

I am NOT victim blaming but American women, in general, often make horrible relationship choices. They are raised being told they are “strong & powerful” (without being taught the skills to back that up) and believe that they live in a consequence-free society.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
This. Hold a restraining order in front of your face. Think if it will stop a fist or a bullet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:52:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#24]
Originally Posted By Pogo55:
This. Hold a restraining order in front of your face. Think if it will stop a fist or a bullet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pogo55:

Racist!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:
She liked the "bad boy."
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Restraining orders don't stop bullets.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Hypothetically, if you were witness to something like this with a rifle nearby and you dropped that shitbag as soon as he pointed the gun at her, do you think you'd face charges?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Paper or Plastic?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By FJB247:
Hypothetically, if you were witness to something like this with a rifle nearby and you dropped that shitbag as soon as he pointed the gun at her, do you think you'd face charges?
View Quote

You would be in jail.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
Interesting no suspect information has been released by the police.  Yes, I know.
View Quote

Ann Coulter Law is NOT to be broken!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Chances are directly related to geography of the area and the demographics of the local constabulary apparatus.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Chances are directly related to geography of the area and the demographics of the local constabulary apparatus.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

That’s a good thing. The public is rarely as helpful as they like to believe.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:29:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StraightShootinGal] [#34]
Yea, I saw a video about it a day or so ago...

Woman tried to leave her toxic relationship and pays the ultimate price

I don't wanna victim blame, but a lot of women need to get serious (i.e. carry, learn self-defense, have a head on a swivel) to avoid shit like this.

Like I've posted on here, I've been video tapped, stalked (to include an attempted break/entry from one of the stalker's friends) and now dealing with a crazy neighbor and his crazy gf - where I'm here speaking to you all because I take that shit seriously.

Like the guy in the video, in these situations I may be scared, but I get angry where I wish a mother fucker would. I'd give them something to put them back under the rock they need to go to.

ETA: The system needs to be better too. The way she was yelling to him about the restraining order, makes me think she sincerely thought that would stop him - where people need to be educated that restraining orders are needed and good to have, but it won't stop an idiot and may make them escalate, so you have to be ready for that. More women need to get over their fear and get angry. They want to put fear into you, where you need to put that fear back onto them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
They must be trying to figure out who she had a restraining order against.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:34:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jon101st] [#36]

You would instantly hear the female victim start crying and screaming my baby why.
Then you would go to jail and she would be in the protest outside your jail demanding justice for mu baby.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:
The paperwork is preparation for when you have to protect yourself against the person later, at least how I've always heard it.
View Quote
When the person who's been harassing you is on their back in your front hallway, with three or four of your bullets in their chest, it's nice to have a paper trail.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By runcible:
When the person who's been harassing you is on their back in your front hallway, with three or four of your bullets in their chest, it's nice to have a paper trail.
View Quote

This, the only thing they are good for is MAYBE insulating you from the cops.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I thought the OP's right hand had finally had enough of it and filed on him.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

Look, I hate to go old fashioned and/or what happens in some Middle Eastern cultures/religions - but this is why women, especially if not married, need to be living with or close to male relatives.

I think a lot of women in Western worlds are subject to abuse and stuff cuz they are out there on their own. With a male figure (i.e. their husband or brother, father, etc.) in the picture, scum like this would think twice about putting their paws on women.

I've been harassed, stalked etc. and I've always lived alone, never had a bf/guy around and/or was married...I think that had a lot to do with me being in those situations. One day I was chatting with a blonde, attractive woman who came to do work at my house and she, out of the blue, was telling me how she was having drama with a neighbor - where it's like we have to deal with the same shit being single women on our own.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jon101st:

You would instantly hear the female victim start crying and screaming my baby why.
Then you would go to jail and she would be in the protest outside your jail demanding justice for mu baby.
View Quote

Yes, that's a topic that was brought up at my last CCW certification.

If you interfere with a situation, you may end up shooting the wrong person....

Me?

I'd probably try to use my weapon to startle the person (i.e. shoot in the air) or aim for a non-fatal shot - which would be pretty hard.

I've been there and done that when I've helped strangers getting attacked (mostly in Atlanta) - where, thankfully there were no guns and others where there to help when I called for help.

I can't just sit there and watch someone get harmed. Idk.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:

Me?

I'd probably try to use my weapon to startle the person (i.e. shoot in the air) or aim for a non-fatal shot - which would be pretty hard.

I've been there and done that when I've helped strangers getting attacked (mostly in Atlanta) - where, thankfully there were no guns and others where there to help when I called for help.

View Quote

Shooting in the air is a TERRIBLE idea. That bullet is coming back down and now you are endangering others. Non-fatal shot? Like where? Arms and leg shots can result in death too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Shooting in the air is a TERRIBLE idea. That bullet is coming back down and now you are endangering others. Non-fatal shot? Like where? Arms and leg shots can result in death too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UV18:
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:

Me?

I know, that's why I said it would be pretty hard to use a gun to deal with this....

IMO, when you take out a gun to use, you have to be ready for it to probably end in a fatality.

Hard to see what would be the best thing to do.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#44]
A restraining order is how you explain that guy with a sucking chest wound lying in your yard.

I had a neighbor that was out of control. He would make threats as he drove by. I finally called the police and as the female officer is taking my statement she went “Oh my god!! You are building a pare trail!”  

“Exactly! He keeps it up he just might need an ambulance. I need to document why.”

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#45]
News article indicates that there was no restraining order since neither one attended the hearing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Pro_Patria_431:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pro_Patria_431:

Also good for gaining leverage during a divorce proceeding and making life miserable for Ned Flanders types.

But in this kind of situation, yeah not so much. Reminds me of a scene in a movie, I think it was Next Friday where someone held up a restraining order and then immediately got pepper sprayed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Depending on location, yes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:

You would be in jail.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:

You would be in jail.

and you would be getting sued by that girl for killing her man
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
News article indicates that there was no restraining order since neither one attended the hearing.
View Quote

Then high probability ex would come after you for killing her boo.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By masterofpew:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By masterofpew:

Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

Just walk away.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top