Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2022 3:39:10 PM EDT
....Twitter Ban.

Elon Musk has revealed that he would reverse Twitter's permanent ban of Donald Trump after completing his $44 billion acquisition of the social media platform.

Speaking virtually at a conference in London on Tuesday, Musk said that Twitter's move to ban the former US president 'was a morally bad decision and foolish in the extreme'.

'I do think it was not correct to ban Donald Trump,' added Musk, specifically addressing Trump's removal from Twitter for the first time since launching his takeover of the company last month.  

Video

Musk said that he had discussed the subject of permanent bans, or 'permabans' with Twitter, co-founder Jack Dorsey, whom he said shared his opinion.

'He and I are of the same mind, which is that permanent bans should be extremely rare, and really reserved for accounts that are bots, or spam/scam accounts,' said Musk.

'I would reverse the permaban [of Trump]' he said, adding: 'obviously I don't own Twitter yet, so this is not something that will definitely happen.'

'But my opinion, and I want to be clear that Jack Dorsey shares this opinion, is that we should not have permabans,' said Musk.

In his remarks on Tuesday, Musk also said that his acquisition of Twitter, which is still subject to a shareholder approval, could close well before the October deadline.

'Just objectively it is not a done deal,' he said. 'The best case scenario is that it would perhaps be done in two or three months.'

Trump launched his Truth Social app in February, but the service's debut was plagued by technical issues.

Musk previously mocked the Twitter clone, calling Truth Social a 'terrible name' and joking that it should be called Trumpet instead. He has said that Truth Social only exists because Twitter 'censored free speech'.

Trump had previously said that he had no intention of rejoining Twitter even if his account was reinstated, telling Fox News last month that he would instead focus on his own platform, Truth Social.

'I am not going on Twitter. I am going to stay on Truth,' Trump told the network. 'I hope Elon buys Twitter because he'll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth.'

Continued
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent.

The echo chamber is going to change a lot when 1000's of account are restored.

Was James Woods banned? I haven't seen anything from him in a while.

eta:

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
And everyone forgot about Gab.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What's gab?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What's gab?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's gab?

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
He is trying to kill TS.  With Trump on Twitter, Twitter profits.    

With TS, Trump and others profit from Trump's following.  

EM is saying this/may do this to line his pockets.  But, along the way, it will hobble Trump's proposed media empire.   Without a huge user base in TS, the rest of the Trump media plans are little more than sand castles.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
....Twitter Ban.

Elon Musk has revealed that he would reverse Twitter's permanent ban of Donald Trump after completing his $44 billion acquisition of the social media platform.

Speaking virtually at a conference in London on Tuesday, Musk said that Twitter's move to ban the former US president 'was a morally bad decision and foolish in the extreme'.

'I do think it was not correct to ban Donald Trump,' added Musk, specifically addressing Trump's removal from Twitter for the first time since launching his takeover of the company last month.  

Video

Musk said that he had discussed the subject of permanent bans, or 'permabans' with Twitter, co-founder Jack Dorsey, whom he said shared his opinion.

'He and I are of the same mind, which is that permanent bans should be extremely rare, and really reserved for accounts that are bots, or spam/scam accounts,' said Musk.

'I would reverse the permaban [of Trump]' he said, adding: 'obviously I don't own Twitter yet, so this is not something that will definitely happen.'

'But my opinion, and I want to be clear that Jack Dorsey shares this opinion, is that we should not have permabans,' said Musk.

In his remarks on Tuesday, Musk also said that his acquisition of Twitter, which is still subject to a shareholder approval, could close well before the October deadline.

'Just objectively it is not a done deal,' he said. 'The best case scenario is that it would perhaps be done in two or three months.'

Trump launched his Truth Social app in February, but the service's debut was plagued by technical issues.

Musk previously mocked the Twitter clone, calling Truth Social a 'terrible name' and joking that it should be called Trumpet instead. He has said that Truth Social only exists because Twitter 'censored free speech'.

Trump had previously said that he had no intention of rejoining Twitter even if his account was reinstated, telling Fox News last month that he would instead focus on his own platform, Truth Social.

'I am not going on Twitter. I am going to stay on Truth,' Trump told the network. 'I hope Elon buys Twitter because he'll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on Truth.'

Continued
View Quote

And there it is, the new world ruler has spoken.

All he needs is horns and a goatee and he will look the part also.

Trump may one day lose his shit and tap tap. But it will not be until after the election. Trump will concede nothing to the muskrat. He knows what he is, and will not gratify a response.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Trump may one day lose his shit and tap tap. But it will not be until after the election. Trump will concede nothing to the muskrat. He knows what he is, and will not gratify a response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
....Twitter Ban.

Video

Continued

Wat
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

EM is saying this/may do this to line his pockets.  But, along the way, it will hobble Trump's proposed media empire.   Without a huge user base in TS, the rest of the Trump media plans are little more than sand castles.  
View Quote

You have nothing but personal conjecture for your post.  Absolutely nothing to back any of it up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Great and all, but the damage is done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's gab?
View Quote

An echo chamber of religious weirdos and far right conspiracy nutjobs. Mostly.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unbanning Trump doesn't mean Trump has to start tweeting again.  He may stay on TS.  Hell he may be obligated NOT to use Twitter as a fiduciary of TS.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Unbanning Trump doesn't mean Trump has to start tweeting again.  He may stay on TS.  Hell he may be obligated NOT to use Twitter as a fiduciary of TS.
View Quote

Exactly.   Just because he is “unbanned” does not obligate Trump to use the Twitter platform.  

I would like to see Trump use it, only because it will give Trump more exposure.   I say that only looking at the total user base of Truth Social vs Twitter, and past performance.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Just watch.  If the "conservatives" including Trump return to Twitter, TS is F'ed.   It becomes a partisian echo chamber.  

The game here is not the hard core Trump supporters.   Its the middle.   Influencing the middle to turn out and vote R.  The hard core are a given.    

TS is already massively behind the projections in their investor presentations.  And, they still don't even have a system that works across all the major platforms.  

Its an empty party problem.  Round numbers, TS currently has an audience less than 1/100th of that of Twitter.   Thats a ton of ground to make up in a short time, and without "exclusive" stars like Trump, whats the point in selecting it over Twitter for the persuadable voter in the middle?  
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#17]
So Dorsey says it was a bad decision and he didn't like it and Rogan has said this about him too.  Who was making the calls at Twitter then?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So Dorsey says it was a bad decision and he didn't like it and Rogan has said this about him too.  Who was making the calls at Twitter then?
View Quote
As CEO he likely didn't have the kind of power most people typically attribute to CEOs.  Even as a founder.  Without being a majority shareholder, he's just an employee.  He serves at the boards pleasure.  It's perfectly conceivable there was someone in another c-suite office with an agenda who was a darling of the board and in that case, he would have to tread lightly when disagreeing or using his authority to trample that agenda, because the only thing keeping the board from axing him would be whatever the contractual agreement awarded him on separation.  If a majority of the board are true believers, then giving him a couple hundred million dollars or whatever is meaningless if that's the cost of pursuing their agenda.

Now I'm not saying Jack was necessarily in that position, or that he didn't at some point go along with the agenda because he agreed with it then, but has had a change of heart since, or 100 different things.  Just that it's not inconceivable that he basically had his hands tied on a number of issues.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Trump says he will not return to Twitter but I have no interest in going over to Truth. I used Parler until it was killed off by Amazon and by the time it reorganized, they had gotten a new CEO and adopted Twitter like restrictions in order to get back in iPhone and Android. Gab never gave in so there are no apps for them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You have nothing but personal conjecture for your post.  Absolutely nothing to back any of it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but it makes perfect sense that this would be musk's motivation to do this
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Trumps only tweets on twatter when un banned should be.....

Follow me on TS
And a link to TS

That alone will cause many many heads to explode and possibly be construed as the meanest tweets yet.

Ya know trying to steal users from the platform
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, you need to take a break from the internet, and quite possibly the alcohol as well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

honestly, they already killed truth social,  by not supporting android.   that's half your market right there.

but twitter isn't going to be fine till they cart that piece of shit CEO and that piece of shit head lawyer who decided to silence a SITTING US President out the door.

the fact they are already multi millionaires is bad enough

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top