Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2019 12:12:40 PM EDT
I had to get into the local Bring My Wallet dealership for a new battery & was wondering around the showroom floor while waiting. I had a new point-and-shoot camera with me, so I thought, why not?

I'm way too old for crotch rockets but damn if these don't appeal to me. Looks like a Ferrari on two wheels, IMO. Red is their most popular color but I kind of like the matte/charcoal color scheme.

Gotta start buying lottery tickets..............    

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Still using a chain? Not sure why, perhaps someone can clue me in? Wouldn't a belt be more prudent these days?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The Diavel is a surprisingly fun bike.......looks good in the matte, too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The Diavel is a cool bike.  I bet that fucker sticks to the road good with those huge Corsa 2's. Looking a throwing some Diablos on my MT09 this summer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I still want one of these. I'd die in like 32 seconds though.

Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
A new point and shoot camera? I did not know that was still a thing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Cycle Cruza says their warrantee sucks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
not for $20K
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a real Ducati
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a real Ducati
View Quote
If you rode one you would change your mind.

Buy used.  You can grab one with huge discounts.

Regular diavel > XD
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine:

Unfortunately, the only ones I see have been bubba'd into cafe racers by skinny jeans wearing metrosexuals
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not a real Ducati
View Quote
Now I am curious what a "real Ducati" is. In my mind they are mid-60s small displacement singles. Is that what you mean?
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A new point and shoot camera? I did not know that was still a thing.
View Quote
Yes, it is. It weighs about 1/10th of what my adult camera weighs.

But thanks for asking..............  
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Now I am curious what a "real Ducati" is. In my mind they are mid-60s small displacement singles. Is that what you mean?
View Quote
And this is the beauty of Ducati I guess. For some guys it’s the small displacement singles. For me it’s a V-Twin in a trellis frame with a dry clutch.

And I guess one day the Diavel will be what defines a Ducati for guys coming up now. Personally I just don’t like it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#13]
That's old news.

The new 2019 is 1260cc

Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And this is the beauty of Ducati I guess. For some guys it’s the small displacement singles. For me it’s a V-Twin in a trellis frame with a dry clutch.

And I guess one day the Diavel will be what defines a Ducati for guys coming up now. Personally I just don’t like it.
View Quote
I am not that old that I remember the singles I just think they are cool. As for the Diavel, I think it is as ugly as a dog's ass.

I am just yanking your chain a bit to point out a company decides what it's bikes are, not individuals.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is what a real Ducati looks like:

Which inspired this:

Which is the reason why I bought this:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top