Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2024 12:35:15 PM EDT
Got a OTD quote for a new 2023 Ford Escape Active for $26,600 OTD (overseas tax free sale). On upgrade is tech package 1 which give some drivers assists/tech and bigger center screen. FWD

Seems like a good deal for a grocery getter and occasional road trip. Any thoughts on the price or the vehicle itself? Previously had a Mazda CX5 and was very happy with it. This won’t be as sporty but does share some DNA.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:24:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: onthebreeze] [#1]
Have you driven one?

I had an Escape ST line for a rental in the fall, put about 800 miles on it. I didn't really care for anything about it.

I think you'll be disappointed if you go in expecting it to be like a Mazda.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
That bad eh? No CVT so I figured it shouldn’t be a terrible experience. On put a few miles on a the last gen model.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hasty1:
Got a OTD quote for a new 2023 Ford Escape Active for $26,600 OTD (overseas tax free sale). On upgrade is tech package 1 which give some drivers assists/tech and bigger center screen. FWD

Seems like a good deal for a grocery getter and occasional road trip. Any thoughts on the price or the vehicle itself? Previously had a Mazda CX5 and was very happy with it. This won’t be as sporty but does share some DNA.
View Quote

Mazda a Ford have been diverged for 12 years.

They share nothing now.

The Escape motors had issues in the past so buy with caution.

Get another CX5 or a CX50

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:46:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: onthebreeze] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hasty1:
That bad eh? No CVT so I figured it shouldn’t be a terrible experience. On put a few miles on a the last gen model.
View Quote

I wouldn't say it's "bad" by any means, it's just another global Fomoco product that is meh in every way.

It seems the 8 speed should be better than the last Escape's transmission, which they were sued for, at least.

Like any car, you should drive it before you buy it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:13:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chumpmiester] [#5]
I can't speak on the price of the Escape Active.

I have a 2023 Escape ST Select AWD with the 2.0L Ecoboost. I haven't had any issues with it and it drives fine. The ST Line does have better suspension so it handles the curve very well. I really haven't had a chance or need to test out the AWD system yet so can't really comment on that. I have been averaging 30 MPG combined. The lowest has been 28 MPG when I  drive mostly around my small town.
Top Top