Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2022 8:02:20 PM EDT
A gung-ho Lawndale resident who didn't like having his mail stolen led Chicago police to a trio of men who allegedly told police that they stole mail as documentation to help them get an apartment, prosecutors said Wednesday. But the men have bigger problems now. Prosecutors say all three possessed phony Social Security cards and Green Cards that were rife with misspellings and other red flags.

Chicago police first responded to a 911 call from the homeowner, who said he saw people stealing his mail via a doorbell camera on Tuesday. He got into his car and followed the men as they fled in a blue van, then waved down an officer who was responding to his call for help, a prosecutor said.

The man directed police to a nearby van and told officers the men inside stole his mail. Police determined that the license plate on the van was suspended, so they pulled the vehicle over, prosecutors continued.

Mario Chub Caal, 40, was allegedly behind the wheel without a valid ID or insurance. Rony Chub Caal, 21, and Yoni Chub Caal, 20, were riding along.

Prosecutors said that, while Mario did not have a valid driver's license, he did have two Social Security cards with names and numbers that didn't belong to him, along with two permanent resident cards matching the Social Security information.

According to the allegations, the other two men also had fake Social Security cards with matching Green Cards. Prosecutors said the allegedly fake documents all had misspelled words, discolorations, and formatting that is "not consistent" with genuine Social Security cards and Green Cards.

All three men allegedly told police they needed the mail to get an apartment.

https://cwbchicago.com/2022/12/3-men-found-carrying-phony-ids-after-stealing-mail-so-they-could-get-an-apartment-prosecutors-say.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Dead Kennedys - Stealing People's Mail
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
How does stolen mail help get an apartment?  

steal enough mail until you're able to get a complete identity?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
In before FJB gives them an award for valor?

and FPTNI
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn’t that going to be something you don’t go to jail for in Illinois in the the near future?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
i don't see three men, i see three cockroaches.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Coming to a town near you
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Who names a kid Yoni?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I punched a man in the face for stealing my mail one time.  He just got evicted from the apt below me which he shared with some guy my mom went to college with.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
And vote too, probably.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#10]
We care about phony id and don’t protect our borders….insanity
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who names a kid Yoni?
View Quote

The parents of this badass

Yonatan "Yoni" Netanyahu was an American-born Israel Defense Forces (IDF) officer who commanded the elite commando unit Sayeret Matkal during Operation Entebbe, an operation to rescue hostages held at Entebbe Airport in Uganda in 1976. 102 of the 106 hostages were rescued, but Netanyahu was killed in action—the only IDF fatality during the operation.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#12]
America's future sad to say.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#13]
What would ISIS do?

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Isn’t that going to be something you don’t go to jail for in Illinois in the the near future?
View Quote

They will be eligible for cashless bail starting Sunday.

ETA: just realized it was in Chicago. Odds are they are on the street already. Foxx doesn’t like keeping criminals in jail.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

ETA: just realized it was in Chicago. Odds are they are on the street already. Foxx doesn't like keeping criminals in jail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't that going to be something you don't go to jail for in Illinois in the the near future?

ETA: just realized it was in Chicago. Odds are they are on the street already. Foxx doesn't like keeping criminals in jail.
Judge Navarro released the men on their own recognizance and ordered them to appear in court again on January 4.

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Who names a kid Yoni?
View Quote

Not an indian, I would guess.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#17]
They had a dream.....hell, lets let millions more in.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#18]
This is pretty common. They rent an apartment with a fake identity and then sublease/Airbnb it to people who need a flop house for a week. Month or whatever. They never pay, establish residency, get evicted and leave. Money is all profit and doesn’t ruin their own identity. You always find the weirdest shit inside. Found some hostages once.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They had a dream.....hell, lets let millions more in.....
View Quote

Exactly. The cocksuckers that supposedly “represent” us are hell bent on making our country unrecognizable ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll take they are all here illegally for $500 Alex.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Multiply that by approx another 40 million illegals.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Just stealing the mail and doing identity theft that Americans won't.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on what scam they're running, but utility companies often use mail to confirm identity.

They probably did or intended to steal from the same address in hopes of creating a fake "home" for additional scams
or create what appears to be a legitimate relationship with the real person living at the address.

I had something similar happen when someone stole my trash, about a week later I started getting letters and notices
addressed to a non-existent woman (aka "Karen Seek2'sLastName") but my mail was hard to steal. I suspect the plan
was to fake some kind of connection in hopes of getting credit or stealing accounts or whatever. I was sort of surprised by
this as I shed any important mail, but I guess junk mailers with my name on them were good enough for their plan.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Judge Navaro released the men on their own recognizance and ordered them to appear in court again on January 4.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top