Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2024 9:00:54 AM EDT
Hello all,

As many are aware, Smith and Wesson shut down the Thompson Center operation and due to that there is no support for magazines and/or parts. I’m looking to see if anyone is aware of the likelihood/possibility of 3D printing magazines for a Venture/Dimension. Any input or eager folks wanting to try this out would be appreciated - I’d be willing to fund! I’ve seen a few files available online but I truly have no idea if they’re correct for the magazine chambering I’d need.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You might take a momentary pause in that and reassess next year.

TC is now a separate from S&W entity and bought out by former TC management family/ guy.

They got all the old tooling, all the parts stashes at S&W and all the TC gun library.  You may find parts coming available in summer of 2025.  iirc that’s their target.

<—— looking forward to some Encore barrel options.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 9:38:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ozymandiaz] [#2]
I've been printing aftermarket T/C Compass and Venture mags commercially for a while now in various calibers and capacities (you might have seen them already while searching around). the Venture mags are straightforward to design but the Compass was a pain in the butt to get right.

Link Posted: 9/22/2024 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
PM inbound.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Please use the tacked thread, make sure to read the OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top