[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

My friend in elementary school could be both oblivious, and a smartass, and once wrote a book report on one of those because it was on the shelves where we could pick books from.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What is that, King's Quest?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#9]

I can hear the cool sound of the shitty accuracy klobb in this pic.

Damn I miss that game. I could probably have won a tournament had I played during that time
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread makes me want to cry. Damn, life was good.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Are you afraid of the dark
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
1986 baby here, this thread is my childhood.

We had no idea how good we had it.
View Quote

'81 here, and same. Some things today are better, but the overall package was better when life was simpler. Technology really hasn't been our friend in the long run.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Born in 1990. I bought this a couple of years ago from eBay. I also watched the entirety of Dragon Ball Z last year(the OG US Cartoon Network dub with Bruce Faulconer soundtrack) It’s still awesome.

https://i.imgur.com/DVuyMzG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5s7bA4i.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TY7d07f.jpg
View Quote

I have a box full of them from my childhood. I started sorting them by packs and taking pics of them a few years ago but haven't finished.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I miss the mall arcades too. 20 bucks used to buy dinner and a movie with a date too.

Arcades is one of the greatest casualties I feel like. It's just not the same. There's no level of excitement in there anymore. Even when you go to the big theme park deals that have them there just kind of meh. Everybody's in there by themselves, nobody's talking or socializing, nobody's gathered around somebody kicking ass on a game. None of it. Just people counting their stupid fucking tickets or their card they got points on to go get garbage at the counter.

Sad.
View Quote

It's so sad.

The games in modern arcades are skiball and fucking APP GAMES. Like, phone app games. I couldn't believe my eyes. They're also straight up lottery games for tickets. You swipe your card and it spins a wheel and you win or you don't.

What the hell even is that?

Where's the games of skill? The games of team building and problem solving? Even multitasking (driving a car and shooting lasers at aliens at the same time). Dude, it's just app games.

And like you said, nobody talks. It's just isolation in public. I remember groups building around machines where a high score was coming up. Hell, idk if they even have fuckin high scores anymore.

I was so sad about it, I just gave my game card to a  kid and sat at the booth.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ever watch the A&E desert storm series?  So good
View Quote

Nope, got something to do while I do homework now! Thanks man!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#19]

I used to sneak staying up late to watch syndicated Tales from the Crypt on one of these:
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

'82 here. Remember just about all of it, except the TV shows, didnt watch a lot of TV. Oregon Trail generation FTW!

And yeah, fuck 9/11, just all of it right to hell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

'82 here. Remember just about all of it, except the TV shows, didnt watch a lot of TV. Oregon Trail generation FTW!

Same.  Lived out in the country, so I didn’t have cable until the 8th grade or so.  

Quoted:
Did y'all play paintball?

I had one of these bad boys. We used to just shoot everything. Like every stop sign in the neighborhood was painted up.

We figured out the M80 firecrackers fit perfectly in the barrel so we would light them and drop them down the barrel like a mortar.

http://i.imgur.com/vFLsGKRl.jpg

Paint ball didn’t come along when I was young enough to really want to get into it.  There were some paintball courses in some larger towns, but they didn’t have guns/balls in stores around me.

We just had BB gun wars in a small town down the road with a lot of abandoned buildings instead of paintball.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Kindergarten we had regular carton milk, 1st-5th we got this bagged shit. Was gross as fuck and would leak all over your tray.
View Quote

we had them for one year as a pilot program. after about the 100th was stomped on they disappeared.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Downloading "progs" from lenshell.com to use on AOL free trial discs

"You've got mail, bitch"
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Coolest thing I got from one of those was a book filled with little card stock you'd punch out individual pieces and assemble the airplane models probably like 20 of them. Might have cost $10 at the time maybe less. At a different one I got these hard plastic airplane models that came on a plastic card the size of an index card and again punch out and assemble. Little fighter jets with missiles and fuel tanks and bombs. Good memories.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Skipped like a bitch.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

"You've got mail, bitch"
View Quote

Mine was a black guy yelling "MAIL MOTHAFUCKA" really fast.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#27]
alt.binaries.whatever.you,want.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I need to go through all of my childhood junk and post pics here. TMNT, Crash Dummies, Jurassic Park, Street Sharks, Primal Rage, Beast Wars, Micro Machines, pogs...

Just a couple of pics of what's on the top.

Nothing says '90s like a "SAVE THE RAINFOREST" bag full of pogs.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#29]
This is my favorite thread on this forum ever. Born in 1984, it’s like a snapshot of the best years of my life.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Smells like cheap burnt popcorn, sweat/bo, whatever cleaner they used (you know what I'm talking about), and cigarette smoke.

They were dark but bright, dirty, and loud.

We'd work extra chores for money, usually 4 to 5 bucks, then meet up at Kevin's house on Saturday (ride our bikes). Then ride to Mountasia, and play all day in the arcade. Never really won tickets or whatever, mostly played multi-player games like Gauntlet.

I miss it with all my soul.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"You've got mail, bitch"

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Born in 84.. so Many good memories in this thread!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Street Fighter 2
Madden
Super Mario Cart

Played my older brother way too much.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Q zar laser tag

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#37]

I had a ninja turtle that swam in the bathtub
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#39]

One Saturday night a friend dared me to put my vac man pump on the middle of my forehead and pump. My mom was pissed when she had to take me to church with a hickie that scabbed over in the middle of my forehead.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw Independence day in the movie theater for my birthday and then I saw Twister a few weeks later with my sister for her birthday. I very, very rarely got to go to the movies when I was young so I was pumped!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Just threw away my radar detector that I found in a box yesterday.

Also Sears catalogs.  A few sections were interesting.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://tools.toywiz.com/_images/_webp/_products/lg/stretchvacman7.webp

One Saturday night a friend dared me to put my vac man pump on the middle of my forehead and pump. My mom was pissed when she had to take me to church with a hickie that scabbed over in the middle of my forehead.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://tools.toywiz.com/_images/_webp/_products/lg/stretchvacman7.webp

https://imgs.search.brave.com/gxQl0OSl-yPTy2s1GgypdcEw8bGEUZisyptlE6lj3ig/rs:fit:500:0:0/g:ce/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cu/dG95c3lvdWhhZC5j/b20vc3RyZXRjaDEu/anBn

My sister gave me a new stretch Armstrong a few years ago. It’s on my bookshelf.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My sister gave me a new stretch Armstrong a few years ago. It’s on my bookshelf.
View Quote

I think the smell of it, and the smell of whatever they filled it with, are engrained into my braincells forever
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#46]

The 07 in my handle is from me and my best bud paging.  When I saw that I knew it was him, so I’d go to a pay phone to call back.

Comes from golden eye. 007. The star trunckated it to 07.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Same.  Lived out in the country, so I didn’t have cable until the 8th grade or so.  

Paint ball didn’t come along when I was young enough to really want to get into it.  There were some paintball courses in some larger towns, but they didn’t have guns/balls in stores around me.

We just had BB gun wars in a small town down the road with a lot of abandoned buildings instead of paintball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Did y'all play paintball?

I had one of these bad boys. We used to just shoot everything. Like every stop sign in the neighborhood was painted up.

We figured out the M80 firecrackers fit perfectly in the barrel so we would light them and drop them down the barrel like a mortar.

http://i.imgur.com/vFLsGKRl.jpg

He’s using pellets and pumping more than twice!  Go for the eyes and neck!  Pump 5 or more!

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I had the Fireball
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This thread got me going deep down the rabbit hole of my childhood

https://wl-brightside.cf.tsp.li/resize/728x/webp/597/dd0/de15ee5b5caaa333b11e951927.jpg
View Quote

Core memory unlocked
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top