View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Alacran:
ED-209 as a baby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZixnNwwq8

Johnny 5?

Could be Rosie from the Jetson’s before he turned into a tranny robot?

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:24:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#2]

But how will you transfer your bitcoin and into what?

Not sure how many people will be trading tangible assets for unicorn farts
View Quote

Screenshotted for posterity. Should be fun seeing just what happens in the long on unicorn farts.

It's the real money. People just dismiss it for what they already think they know. Projecting today onto tomorrow rather than considering how tomorrow actually alters our life from the present. People already trade "tangible assets" for Bitcoin every day. In the future, they'll just be trading a greater quantity of tangible for less Bitcoin. That's if the masses have the opportunity to hold any Bitcoin at all. Very likely, it will be out of reach for the majority. Even in what are seemingly small amounts of satoshis.

But hey, I'm Admittedly hard biased and riding the unicorn. Everyone do as you please and enjoy watching the financial turd that is the fiat world spiral and descent down the toilet bowl instead. Seems to be working out really well globally.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

Screenshotted for posterity. Should be fun seeing just what happens in the long on unicorn farts.

It's the real money. People just dismiss it for what they already think they know. Projecting today onto tomorrow rather than considering how tomorrow actually alters our life from the present. People already trade "tangible assets" for Bitcoin every day. In the future, they'll just be trading a greater quantity of tangible for less Bitcoin. That's if the masses have the opportunity to hold any Bitcoin at all. Very likely, it will be out of reach for the majority. Even in what are seemingly small amounts of satoshis.

But hey, I'm Admittedly hard biased and riding the unicorn. Everyone do as you please and enjoy watching the financial turd that is the fiat world spiral and descent down the toilet bowl instead. Seems to be working out really well globally.  
View Quote

You kinda remind me of the dude on here who bought a metaverse car for like 3k thinking he could sell it in the future for Lamborghini money.

So the masses might not be able to hold any, but you'll be special and be able to still use it? You do realize .gov has confiscated crypto before and if it got to that point they'd probably take yours too?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]

You kinda remind me of the dude on here who bought a metaverse car for like 3k thinking he could sell it in the future for Lamborghini money.

So the masses might not be able to hold any, but you'll be special and be able to still use it? You do realize .gov has confiscated crypto before and if it got to that point they'd probably take yours too?
View Quote

Hey, Cavedude, I'm just here for the eternal riches and big tittied bitches.

FWIW, I thought the meta car was an absurd purchase and total waste. I think all of the NFTs are nonsense as they are little more than a link to a picture on the internet. Ordinals at least inscribe the image data on to the satoshi itself but I think that's dumb, too. Regardless, doesn't mean people haven't made millions upon millions trading and selling NFTs. In my world they have virtually zero utility. But clearly, you have a similar opinion about Bitcoin and group it in as "crypto".

To each their own.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

Listen to this video of what's being proposed in Minnesota.
Will it pass? Doubtful and Hopefully not. But it's the fact it's even being proposed by a political party in this country.

And not to sound racist but the ethnicity (Chinese?) of the woman in the video is ironic as all hell.

View Quote
This means they want to go public with what they have been doing for years.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Many are saying other shoes are poised to drop, just don’t know when.  Possibly 2nd half of this year.  I’m sure measures being taken to make as controlled as possible.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:
Where are we at with this bank meltdown? Just one or two or will it spread?

Many are saying other shoes are poised to drop, just don’t know when.  Possibly 2nd half of this year.  I’m sure measures being taken to make as controlled as possible.

Thing is, it can't *not* spread. All the media talking heads and economy/finance "experts" are glossing over the fact there are trillions of low-interest bearing paper that lose worth every time the Fed raises interest rates. If the Fed doesn't raise interest rates, then inflation continues to rise unabated and, again, the value of the paper goes down because it buys fewer goods and services. These same so-called experts talk about how SVB didn't "hedge" their paper risk exposure. The problem with "hedging" is that there has to be two sides to the trade. So, somebody makes out and somebody loses. If more outfits are hedging, then more outfits are going to be on the losing end of those trades somewhere along the line. Further, as interest rates increase, people will start to yank money out of the stonk market because they can get more "risk-free" (actually less risky, not risk-free) returns from banks and money markets.

The drastic "we'll cover all losses everywhere" position of the Fed and Treasury is what will ultimately cascade into a full-on financial collapse. You can't print enough money to cover everybody.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:11:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#8]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Thing is, it can't *not* spread. All the media talking heads and economy/finance "experts" are glossing over the fact there are trillions of low-interest bearing paper that lose worth every time the Fed raises interest rates. If the Fed doesn't raise interest rates, then inflation continues to rise unabated and, again, the value of the paper goes down because it buys fewer goods and services. These same so-called experts talk about how SVB didn't "hedge" their paper risk exposure. The problem with "hedging" is that there has to be two sides to the trade. So, somebody makes out and somebody loses. If more outfits are hedging, then more outfits are going to be on the losing end of those trades somewhere along the line. Further, as interest rates increase, people will start to yank money out of the stonk market because they can get more "risk-free" (actually less risky, not risk-free) returns from banks and money markets.

The drastic "we'll cover all losses everywhere" position of the Fed and Treasury is what will ultimately cascade into a full-on financial collapse. You can't print enough money to cover everybody.
View All Quotes

The economy is a very complicated system. You can't manipulate it without affecting all markets involved with unknown consequences until they've already occurred. Indicators are trailing and levers pulled now have implications 18 months down the road....
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#9]

View All Quotes

I’ve heard from several sources that say the major warning sign that the economy is about to collapse is when the Fed begins lowering the interest rate.

Ed Dowd said about a month ago that would happen around June/July timeframe.  Since economics isn’t my forte’, that’s what I’m looking for as a sign.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I can see us heading in this direction…

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#12]

I’ve heard from several sources that say the major warning sign that the economy is about to collapse is when the Fed begins lowering the interest rate.

Ed Dowd said about a month ago that would happen around June/July timeframe.  Since economics isn’t my forte’, that’s what I’m looking for as a sign.  

View All Quotes

My guess is that if the Fed starts lowering interest rates in June/July it will mean they have decided the banksters get to be saved and everybody else gets screwed. Inflation will skyrocket and economic growth will stagnate. Stagflation, here we come if that happens.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#13]

My guess is that if the Fed starts lowering interest rates in June/July it will mean they have decided the banksters get to be saved and everybody else gets screwed. Inflation will skyrocket and economic growth will stagnate. Stagflation, here we come if that happens.
View Quote

Lot of banks will be hurt if rates move downward…. Assets reprice much faster than their deposit base will.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:03:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Coming back to this for being shit on by a caveman in the thread . You have members of this very forum who are gracious enough to enlighten the hive in their involvement of a project where Bitcoin is being mined via excess nuclear power directly on site to a reactor. Next year the BTC mining block reward drops from 6.25 per block to 3.125. 112 years from then your block reward for mining Bitcoin with such a rig will be 1 satoshi. .00000001BTC for being hooked up to a nuclear reactor with multitudes of millions of $ of hardware and auditing/validating the network to possess the computational power required to win out the block reward.

Let that sink in for everyone.

You're still fucking around with seashells and glass beads.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:02:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I still miss Sears, Montgomery Wards, Service Merchandise, and Incredible Universe.

15 OF THE BIGGEST CHAINS IN AMERICA THAT WILL DISAPPEAR IN THE COMING MONTHS

15 Biggest Chains In America That Will Disappear In The Months Ahead

1.  BIG LOTS
2.  RITE AID
3.  BED, BATH AND BEYOND
4.  PARTY CITY
5.  DOLLAR GENERAL
6.  TUESDAY MORNING
7.  CVS
8.  AMAZON GO &AMAZON FRESH
9.  NORDSTROM
10. BEST BUY
11. THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
12. CORNER BAKERY
13. MATTRESS FIRM
14. KIRKLAND’S
15. EXPRESS
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I still miss Sears, Montgomery Wards, Service Merchandise, and Incredible Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFHsVM6360

1.  BIG LOTS
2.  RITE AID
3.  BED, BATH AND BEYOND
4.  PARTY CITY
5.  DOLLAR GENERAL
6.  TUESDAY MORNING
7.  CVS
9.  NORDSTROM
10. BEST BUY
11. THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
12. CORNER BAKERY
13. MATTRESS FIRM
14. KIRKLAND’S
15. EXPRESS
View Quote

So all of these are going to be gone in the next few months, is that the timeline?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Stagflation is already here. Advanced Q1 GDP came in low and Personal Consumption Expenditures came in hot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MyakkaVice:

So all of these are going to be gone in the next few months, is that the timeline?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MyakkaVice:

1.  BIG LOTS
2.  RITE AID
3.  BED, BATH AND BEYOND
4.  PARTY CITY
5.  DOLLAR GENERAL
6.  TUESDAY MORNING
7.  CVS
9.  NORDSTROM
10. BEST BUY
11. THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
12. CORNER BAKERY
13. MATTRESS FIRM
14. KIRKLAND’S
15. EXPRESS

Evidently.  I heard reports that Sears was going to close the doors for I can’t remember how long, before they actually did.

I’ve never heard of some of these chains but Dollar General is the only one that really surprises me.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MrHelper:

Lot of banks will be hurt if rates move downward…. Assets reprice much faster than their deposit base will.
View All Quotes

I just dumped a bunch of $$$ into 5%+ CD's because I really do believe the dumbass feds are going to lower rates and while my stocks/401K aren't losing me anything, they aren't making me anything either. Still losing $$$ due to inflation but WTF can you do?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#22]

1.  BIG LOTS
2.  RITE AID
3.  BED, BATH AND BEYOND
4.  PARTY CITY
5.  DOLLAR GENERAL
6.  TUESDAY MORNING
7.  CVS
9.  NORDSTROM
10. BEST BUY
11. THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
12. CORNER BAKERY
13. MATTRESS FIRM
14. KIRKLAND’S
15. EXPRESS
View Quote

CVS and Rite Aid aren't going anywhere. When they announce they are closing "unprofitable" stores, take that to mean they are closing stores in areas where retail theft is high and there is no likelihood of that changing. This means they are closing stores in deep blue areas with a demographic that engages in that type of activity unfettered by prosecutions. Same with Big Lots.

Best Buy has had stores come and go for a decade. Not sure who there location picking team is but they don't seem to do a great job of it. Further, a lot of consumers (like me) have gotten tired of not seeing products in the stores. If I have to go on-line to get something, why would I use Best Buy vs Amazon?

Dollar General is another that isn't going anywhere. In fact, they've been opening stores like mad in many smaller towns where they have little to no competition. They have some of the same problems in certain "urban" areas that cause stores there to be "unprofitable".

Are we seeing a pattern here?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#23]

CVS and Rite Aid aren't going anywhere. When they announce they are closing "unprofitable" stores, take that to mean they are closing stores in areas where retail theft is high and there is no likelihood of that changing. This means they are closing stores in deep blue areas with a demographic that engages in that type of activity unfettered by prosecutions. Same with Big Lots.

Best Buy has had stores come and go for a decade. Not sure who there location picking team is but they don't seem to do a great job of it. Further, a lot of consumers (like me) have gotten tired of not seeing products in the stores. If I have to go on-line to get something, why would I use Best Buy vs Amazon?

Dollar General is another that isn't going anywhere. In fact, they've been opening stores like mad in many smaller towns where they have little to no competition. They have some of the same problems in certain "urban" areas that cause stores there to be "unprofitable".

View All Quotes

1.  BIG LOTS
2.  RITE AID
3.  BED, BATH AND BEYOND
4.  PARTY CITY
5.  DOLLAR GENERAL
6.  TUESDAY MORNING
7.  CVS
9.  NORDSTROM
10. BEST BUY
11. THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
12. CORNER BAKERY
13. MATTRESS FIRM
14. KIRKLAND’S
15. EXPRESS

Yeah, I couldn’t care less about some of those stores.  I haven’t been in a CVS since all of the covid hoopla.  Best Buy has been rumored to go under for years now, it seems.  I did get a good deal on an iPad there a few months ago but that was the first time I was in their store in a long time.

Dollar General is the Walmart for small towns. They are just as packed some of the Walmarts that are in the larger communities.  I don’t see them going away anytime soon, either.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#24]
On a Friday… ®

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#25]

1.  BIG LOTS
2.  RITE AID
3.  BED, BATH AND BEYOND
4.  PARTY CITY
5.  DOLLAR GENERAL
6.  TUESDAY MORNING
7.  CVS
9.  NORDSTROM
10. BEST BUY
11. THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
12. CORNER BAKERY
13. MATTRESS FIRM
14. KIRKLAND’S
15. EXPRESS
View Quote

Kirklands?

The only Kirkland I’m familiar with is Costcos private label. Surely not the same?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#26]
On a Friday… ®

View Quote

Did First Republic get put into receivership? I thought they were just in trouble.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Did First Republic get put into receivership? I thought they were just in trouble.
View All Quotes
On a Friday… ®

I guess we’ll find out Monday.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Kirklands?

The only Kirkland I’m familiar with is Costcos private label. Surely not the same?
View Quote

No, it is a shit home decorating store filled with overpriced crap. Certainly no loss there other than the economics of it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
On a Friday… ®

There will be a press release on Sunday, I’m betting PNC wins over JPM.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#30]

1.  BIG LOTS
2.  RITE AID
3.  BED, BATH AND BEYOND
4.  PARTY CITY
5.  DOLLAR GENERAL
6.  TUESDAY MORNING
7.  CVS
9.  NORDSTROM
10. BEST BUY
11. THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
12. CORNER BAKERY
13. MATTRESS FIRM
14. KIRKLAND’S
15. EXPRESS
View Quote

Big Lots, and Bed Bath Beyond are already closing in my AO
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#31]
In on 136 just to say I can't believe this isn't a Buck19delta thread
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#32]

1.  BIG LOTS
2.  RITE AID
3.  BED, BATH AND BEYOND
4.  PARTY CITY
5.  DOLLAR GENERAL
6.  TUESDAY MORNING
7.  CVS
9.  NORDSTROM
10. BEST BUY
11. THE CHILDREN’S PLACE
12. CORNER BAKERY
13. MATTRESS FIRM
14. KIRKLAND’S
15. EXPRESS
View Quote

This guy needs a reality check. Dollar General strategically places it's stores where there aren't any close grocery stores.

They also stay open until 10:00 PM. Many people (like myself) are willing to pay a few cents more to shop at a store 3 minutes away vs 15.

Their OTC medicine selection is just as good as a pharmacy. Anyone with small children frequents this place. Oh, and they also cater to

the EBT crowd. Yeah, not going away anytime soon.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Million Man Army

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
On a Friday… ®

FDIC sets Sunday deadline for First Republic Bank bids: Report
A source told FOX Business that JPMorgan Chase & Co., PNC Financial Services, and three others are possibly bidding

https://www.foxbusiness.com/financials/fdic-sets-sunday-deadline-first-republic-bank-bids
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

A source told FOX Business that JPMorgan Chase & Co., PNC Financial Services, and three others are possibly bidding

https://www.foxbusiness.com/financials/fdic-sets-sunday-deadline-first-republic-bank-bids
View Quote

Refresh my memory, didn’t the same Sunday schedule follow the SVB collapse, too?

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Refresh my memory, didn’t the same Sunday schedule follow the SVB collapse, too?

View All Quotes

I believe your memory serves you correct. I think there were meetings all weekend. I’d imagine that’s partially to alleviate fear from the masses that the house of cards is teetering.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#37]

I believe your memory serves you correct. I think there were meetings all weekend. I’d imagine that’s partially to alleviate fear from the masses that the house of cards is teetering.

View All Quotes

SVB was taken over by the FDIC on a Friday and they wanted to have an asset sale on a Sunday and that fell thru.

What this sounds like is the FDIC wants to see if there can be a buyer for FRB prior to the FDIC needing to put the bank in receivership. Very odd. Maybe they think they can sweep the failure under the rug this way without having to actually declare the bank insolvent and causing another bank run.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#38]

SVB was taken over by the FDIC on a Friday and they wanted to have an asset sale on a Sunday and that fell thru.

What this sounds like is the FDIC wants to see if there can be a buyer for FRB prior to the FDIC needing to put the bank in receivership. Very odd. Maybe they think they can sweep the failure under the rug this way without having to actually declare the bank insolvent and causing another bank run.
View All Quotes

And isn’t that a similar path to what happened to Credit Suisse?

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes, it’s a precious metal based platform interview but good points are raised in relation to a global economy.

Bill Holter: It's Coming - Total Global Financial Closure In 72 Hours! Gold to $25k or $25b

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Another interview with Michael Yon.  He’s done a lot of them within the last few days.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

That was complicated by the fact that the Swiss Government basically arranged a shotgun wedding between CS and UBS. Same kind of approach, though. Force a sale so as to prevent having to declare a bank insolvent. This is dumb. All that bad debt and poor decision making needs to be flushed from the system. Dodging doing the needful is just going to paper over the problem, just like they did after the '08 crisis.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Okay we still have food so why is this thread so long

Quick run down?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#43]
It has morphed into a discussion of a wide variety of world wide events that may lead to famine, tyranny, invasion of the U.S., war, etc.  It is generally recognized that Yon’s prediction is either too early, or overstated. No one really knows for sure.  But Yon is putting eyes on things that are very alarming, whether a famine evolves or not.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Quick run down?
View Quote

DOOOOOOOM!
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:
It has morphed into a discussion of a wide variety of world wide events that may lead to famine, tyranny, invasion of the U.S., war, etc.  It is generally recognized that Yon’s prediction is either too early, or overstated. No one really knows for sure.  But Yon is putting eyes on things that are very alarming, whether a famine evolves or not.
View Quote

Got it, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quick run down?
View Quote

I take it you’ve read the original write-up by Michael Yon and familiar with his background.  A two year food supply to handle a potential global famine prediction is out there but afterwards, news article and events started happening that started giving credence to his warnings such as the impact of farming in Ukraine due to the war, the collapse of Sri Lanka, the farmer protests in the Netherlands, France, and eventually other countries due to environmental restrictions place on them by their governments.

As the Fall approached and then turned into Winter, inflation, supply chain problems, the sabotage of the Nordstream pipelines, energy regulations imposed by various European governments due to limited LNG supply all  started putting a strain on Europeans with stories of skipping meals because of inflation of food and heating bills.  The good news is that the European winter and American winter wasn’t nearly as bad as some predicted and feared.

In addition to that, the push by the WEF to do away with meat in favor of eating bugs, the massive influx of migration into both America and Europe, the global economic problems, the push for Digital ID, countries rolling out Central Bank Digital Currency with ties to a social credit system similar to China are a factor.  Of course the elephant in the room that would have the greatest impact towards causing a global famine is war that could expand to a world war as well as environmental events such as weather, volcanic eruptions and solar storms.

You can probably also get a rundown by listening to one of the recent Michael Yon interviews that I’ve posted on this page.

Yon’s timeline is definitely off but he still seems to understand the direction that things on a global scale are going.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Good one.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Good one.

View All Quotes

Good one.

One also has to wonder about 2+ million illegals last fiscal year and likely 3 million this fiscal year will have on the availability/cost of food, shelter, clothing, etc as well as the crime rate. Seems like 5 million unvetted people crossing the border has the potential to be very, very bad for the US if even a fraction of them are nefarious actors.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:38:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#49]

One also has to wonder about 2+ million illegals last fiscal year and likely 3 million this fiscal year will have on the availability/cost of food, shelter, clothing, etc as well as the crime rate. Seems like 5 million unvetted people crossing the border has the potential to be very, very bad for the US if even a fraction of them are nefarious actors.
View All Quotes

Good one.

The gift that will keep on giving for a long time.

I will say that my recent trip to Walmart yesterday had no problem finding plenty of the things I need other than the obvious higher prices.  It did seem that their bakery goods where in noticeably short supply.  I’m a sucker for their chocolate chip cookies but the packaging has gotten much smaller and priced more, too.

That is, when they’re in stock.  They were almost completely out yesterday.

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quick run down?
View Quote

One of these days, the world is gonna end tomorrow
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top