Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 315
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

I was curious about the question of U.S. exports of natural gas, as that impacts our prices.  After all, that natural gas must come from somewhere.  I know some will come from the Scandinavian countries, and maybe some from South America.  But I think the majority would likely come from us.  The only reference in this article to a source was to a company called Freeport LNG, a Texas based exporter of LNG.  Their site has this that caught my attention.

The daily LNG output from Freeport LNG's three liquefaction trains is enough to power and light a metropolitan area the size of San Antonio for an entire day.

I presume there are other companies exporting LNG, but Freeport appears to be the biggest.

The quoted sentence tells me the amount of LNG being exported is really not all that much.  Sure, San Antonia is a good sized city, but is just one of hundreds that size or bigger.  If that is the majority of our LNG exports, then I don't see why it should impact us all that much.  It probably will, as speculators will drive up the price, but it shouldn't.  Also, I still don't understand how the Spanish terminal plays into this.  Freeport has contracts with Japan, Britain, and (I think) South Africa.  I don't get the unloading of LNG into continental Europe unless they have contracts they have not disclosed on their website.
View Quote

Freeport isn’t the biggest export terminal but it is large.  There is currently 7 operational LNG export terminals.  We export a lot of natural gas.  In a few years we will be exporting a lot more then we do now and that will drive our prices up.  Link below with some maps and info on LNG export terminals.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/default/files/2022-03/FERC%2C%20N.%20American%20LNG%20export%20terminals_0.pdf
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Michael Yon@MichaelYon
2 hours ago
Prepare for the Synthetic Famines, or Prepare to Die
These famines will not arrive by the hand of God, but by tyrants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63331709

The ships full of gas waiting off Europe’s coast

The huge tankers are waiting. Off the coasts of Spain, Portugal, the UK and other European nations lie dozens of giant ships packed full of liquefied natural gas (LNG).

Cooled to roughly -160C for transportation, the fossil fuel is in very high demand. Yet the ships remain at sea with their prized cargo.

After invading Ukraine in February, Russia curtailed gas supplies to Europe, sparking an energy crisis that sent the price of gas soaring. That led to fears of energy shortages and eye-watering bills for consumers.

"It's built up for about, I would say, five to six weeks," says Augustin Prate, vice president of energy and commodity markets at Kayrros, one of many observers who has watched the situation unfold.

He and colleagues track ships via AIS (Automatic Identification System) signals, which are broadcast by vessels to receivers, including on satellites.

"Clearly it's a big story," he says.

LNG tanker traffic is busier than usual at the moment. The red squares show the locations of ships
More at link.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 5:37:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

So sick of Biden admin saying "unacceptable, all options on the table", etc.  I mean, whose fault is it??  Theirs!

Diesel now at $5.33/gallon is up $2 from last year, and it was ONLY $2.39 in Oct 2020!  
It more than DOUBLED since pants shitter was installed. As did gas

Retail prices for gasoline averaged $2.167/gallon. Diesel prices averaged $2.395/gallon (Oct 2020 US report)

It's all well and good for dementia joe to claim he will refill the reserve when oil is $70/bbl, as it is currently $200/bbl.  Shitbird can't make the price fall.
View Quote

Went to fill up my truck last night. Gas price wsn't too bad, but kerosene $8 a gallon
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#4]
German hospitals face bankruptcy

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

Freeport isn’t the biggest export terminal but it is large.  There is currently 7 operational LNG export terminals.  We export a lot of natural gas.  In a few years we will be exporting a lot more then we do now and that will drive our prices up.  Link below with some maps and info on LNG export terminals.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/default/files/2022-03/FERC%2C%20N.%20American%20LNG%20export%20terminals_0.pdf
View Quote

Very interesting.  Thank you.  That's what I like about arfcom.  No matter the subject, there is somebody around who knows more about it than me I can learn from.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Biden warns Russia on using a tactical nuclear weapon but he’s not guaranteeing it’s a false flag operation yet?

Huh?

Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·
NEW - Russia would be making an "incredibly serious mistake" to use tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine, says Biden.

Russia has meanwhile notified the US that its annual "Grom" strategic exercise has begun and that it will include live missile launches starting Wednesday, two US officials told CBS.

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/109230647525917709
View Quote

Still not very many people talking about this.  That’s a heck of a gaff by the king of gaffs.

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
8 hours ago
Significant — OGUS Openly Preparing to Nuke Russia
26 October 2022
Chiang Mai, Thailand

It’s clear that OGUS is creating information battle space to nuke Russia. Evidence grows by the hour.

Galaxy-sized insanity by evil, stupid people.

Biden leaks.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#7]
How Türkiye is turning into a gas hub for Europe

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stevec223:

I started engineering school in fall 1971.  Sliderules were the standard at that time.  By the next year calculators were starting to show up.  

One guy had a HP35, which included sine functions.  I was pretty fast with the slide ruler and log / trig tables but was still at a disadvantage.  January 1973 a local store put their TI2500, a four function calculator, on sale.  Price lowered from $120 to $99.

I bit the bullet and bought it.  $100 was a lot of money to a poor college student at that time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stevec223:

I escaped the era of the slide rule as I had a Texas Instruments digital watch that you had to push the button to make the numbers light up to tell the time and I got a Texas Instruments calculator not too long after that, if I remember correctly.

Calculators were allowed in my college math classes but the HP 11c that I had only solved definite integrals and you had better have showed your work on how you reached that answer or you didn’t get credit.

I started engineering school in fall 1971.  Sliderules were the standard at that time.  By the next year calculators were starting to show up.  

One guy had a HP35, which included sine functions.  I was pretty fast with the slide ruler and log / trig tables but was still at a disadvantage.  January 1973 a local store put their TI2500, a four function calculator, on sale.  Price lowered from $120 to $99.

I bit the bullet and bought it.  $100 was a lot of money to a poor college student at that time.

As I remember, calculators did have a mystique about them back then.  That was really the mass introduction of digital technology to the public.

I miss the simplicity back then.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By zeekh:

Went to fill up my truck last night. Gas price wsn't too bad, but kerosene $8 a gallon
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11353193/New-York-New-England-begin-rationing-heating-oil-winter.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Seems like a very fragile and highly flammable plan for winter in an economic union with practically open borders.    Bottom line is that they're extremely vulnerable,  I cannot even imagine what it would take to protect such infrastructure.  

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
2 hours ago
Prepare for the Synthetic Famines, or Prepare to Die
These famines will not arrive by the hand of God, but by tyrants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63331709

The ships full of gas waiting off Europe’s coast

The huge tankers are waiting. Off the coasts of Spain, Portugal, the UK and other European nations lie dozens of giant ships packed full of liquefied natural gas (LNG).

Cooled to roughly -160C for transportation, the fossil fuel is in very high demand. Yet the ships remain at sea with their prized cargo.

After invading Ukraine in February, Russia curtailed gas supplies to Europe, sparking an energy crisis that sent the price of gas soaring. That led to fears of energy shortages and eye-watering bills for consumers.

"It's built up for about, I would say, five to six weeks," says Augustin Prate, vice president of energy and commodity markets at Kayrros, one of many observers who has watched the situation unfold.

He and colleagues track ships via AIS (Automatic Identification System) signals, which are broadcast by vessels to receivers, including on satellites.

"Clearly it's a big story," he says.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/0F7A/production/_127326930_1e0c2e3e-31a3-4fe2-9b7e-4b23374bbb50.png
LNG tanker traffic is busier than usual at the moment. The red squares show the locations of ships
More at link.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#11]
TommyRobinsonOfficial@TommyRobinsonOfficial
19m
·
It's reported that while Brits are getting a stingy £66 electricity voucher, "asylum seekers" aka illegal economic migrants are getting free electricity on top of everything else.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109234685043780813
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#12]
13m
·
Serco putting out a "calling all landlords" plea to house illegal immigrants, whilst our own are suffering, this is how 'Great Britain' is running.

https://www.serco.com/uk/sites/serco-aasc/landlords

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

I was curious about the question of U.S. exports of natural gas, as that impacts our prices.  After all, that natural gas must come from somewhere.  I know some will come from the Scandinavian countries, and maybe some from South America.  But I think the majority would likely come from us.  The only reference in this article to a source was to a company called Freeport LNG, a Texas based exporter of LNG.  Their site has this that caught my attention.

The daily LNG output from Freeport LNG's three liquefaction trains is enough to power and light a metropolitan area the size of San Antonio for an entire day.

I presume there are other companies exporting LNG, but Freeport appears to be the biggest.

The quoted sentence tells me the amount of LNG being exported is really not all that much.  Sure, San Antonia is a good sized city, but is just one of hundreds that size or bigger.  If that is the majority of our LNG exports, then I don't see why it should impact us all that much.  It probably will, as speculators will drive up the price, but it shouldn't.  Also, I still don't understand how the Spanish terminal plays into this.  Freeport has contracts with Japan, Britain, and (I think) South Africa.  I don't get the unloading of LNG into continental Europe unless they have contracts they have not disclosed on their website.

Thanks for that link! I didn't know there were going to be some big LNG terminals going in the RGV.

I'm not convinced it will drive prices up for us. We flare a lot off currently. If the prices support it, the pipelines will be built to transport it to the terminals. Also, it may encourage drilling to start again. Since the price of a commodity is driven by a lot of factors, one of which is availability, if we can increase availability to Europe, that will drive their prices lower and consequently our own. That's the theory anyway but there's a lot of complexity involved in the system.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Still not very many people talking about this.  That’s a heck of a gaff by the king of gaffs.

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
8 hours ago
26 October 2022
Chiang Mai, Thailand

It’s clear that OGUS is creating information battle space to nuke Russia. Evidence grows by the hour.

Biden leaks.

View All Quotes
Biden warns Russia on using a tactical nuclear weapon but he’s not guaranteeing it’s a false flag operation yet?

Huh?

Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·
NEW - Russia would be making an "incredibly serious mistake" to use tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine, says Biden.

Russia has meanwhile notified the US that its annual "Grom" strategic exercise has begun and that it will include live missile launches starting Wednesday, two US officials told CBS.

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
8 hours ago
26 October 2022
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Biden leaks.

Clear that OGUS is creating information battle space to nuke Russia?  Really?  That's a pretty big leap from not guaranteeing its not a false flag.  Or am I interpreting that wrong?

I have had a pretty high opinion of Michael Yon.  But lately, it seems like he is really cranking up the panic meter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Clear that OGUS is creating information battle space to nuke Russia?  Really?  That's a pretty big leap from not guaranteeing its not a false flag.  Or am I interpreting that wrong?

I have had a pretty high opinion of Michael Yon.  But lately, it seems like he is really cranking up the panic meter.
View All Quotes

Huh?

Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
8 hours ago
26 October 2022
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Biden leaks.

There is serious buzz about a false flag operation that Ukraine will detonate a dirty bomb in Kiev and blame it on Russia.  If it happens, that would bring the US into the conflict.  Biden is threatening a response, potentially nuclear.

When nuclear weapons are the topic, it seems that there’s no talk of deescalation, only more threats of using nuclear weapons.

Are Biden & Putin playing a game of CHICKEN with WAR?!

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By planemaker:
If the prices support it, the pipelines will be built to transport it to the terminals. Also, it may encourage drilling to start again.
View Quote

Assuming the USG permits the new pipelines and drilling.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#17]
13m
·
Serco putting out a "calling all landlords" plea to house illegal immigrants, whilst our own are suffering, this is how 'Great Britain' is running.

https://www.serco.com/uk/sites/serco-aasc/landlords

View Quote

We'll see the same in the US.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#19]

There is serious buzz about a false flag operation that Ukraine will detonate a dirty bomb in Kiev and blame it on Russia.  If it happens, that would bring the US into the conflict.  Biden is threatening a response, potentially nuclear.

When nuclear weapons are the topic, it seems that there’s no talk of deescalation, only more threats of using nuclear weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2UheQN7N0A

View All Quotes

Huh?

Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·

Michael Yon@MichaelYon
8 hours ago
26 October 2022
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Biden leaks.

Something smells very fishy here. a letter signed by 30 of the 100 congressional caucus supposedly signed months ago but it was never sent until now, and then quickly retracted blamed on an office worker?

Why would you publicly retract a letter pleading for peace?

Progressive Democrats retract letter to Biden urging diplomatic end to war in Ukraine

https://news.yahoo.com/progressive-democrats-retract-letter-to-biden-that-urged-diplomatic-end-to-war-in-ukraine-182023845.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Progressive House Democrats rescind letter, signed by Grijalva, urging peace talks with Russia

https://news.yahoo.com/progressive-house-democrats-rescind-letter-130031746.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Saudi blasts release of oil reserves 'to manipulate markets'

Saudi Arabia's energy minister on Tuesday blasted the release of emergency oil stocks as an attempt to "manipulate markets", the latest apparent salvo in a spat with Washington over oil production.

"People are depleting their emergency stocks, had depleted it, used it as a mechanism to manipulate markets while its profound purpose was to mitigate shortage of supply," Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman told an investor conference in the Saudi capital.

"However, it is my profound duty to make it clear to the world that losing emergency stock may become painful in the months to come."

Prince Abdulaziz did not single out the United States in his comments about emergency stocks, but last week US President Joe Biden announced he was putting the final 15 million barrels on the market from a record release of US strategic reserves.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/saudi-blasts-release-of-oil-reserves-to-manipulate-markets/ar-AA13mFFz

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Thank goodness we have that 16 cents FJB saved us on hot dogs 2 years ago on July 4th to help pay for this.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#24]
CBDC

’It’s all about control’ | Eva Vlaardingerbroek on Rishi Sunak’s fondness of CBDCs

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bubbles:
Originally Posted By planemaker:
If the prices support it, the pipelines will be built to transport it to the terminals. Also, it may encourage drilling to start again.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

Bigger question is why you waste your time reading such nonsense?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

Not to be "that guy", but the point about 100% of zinc smelters being shut down simply isn't true. I just checked a few that I know and it's business as usual.

This whole thread is 87% fear porn. Just roll with it.

For the other 13%
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#27]

For the other 13%
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

Not to be "that guy", but the point about 100% of zinc smelters being shut down simply isn't true. I just checked a few that I know and it's business as usual.

This whole thread is 87% fear porn. Just roll with it.

For the other 13%

Today’s “fear porn” is tomorrow’s headlines.  The stuff that was on SW radio and such back in the 1990s was mostly considered off-the-wall-looney-tunes, but now is a reality in some cases.  

CBDC may not be real yet, but people with the power of implementation are talking about in a very favorable way.  If that domino falls, many of the other ones will quickly fall afterwards.

Also, some of what you may consider to be “fear porn”, I consider to be war-gaming.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Things are still crazy in Iran.  

Iran protests: Police open fire as thousands mourn Mahsa Amini • FRANCE 24 English

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 3:43:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#29]
I had a little time on my hands today, so I made an inventory and spreadsheet of my food preps.  I have a very diverse mix of foods.  Some of it is long term like mylar sealed beans and rice and freeze dried stuff in #10 cans.  Some of it is short term canned goods that I rotate out within two or three years, some of it is stuff that I dehydrated myself (mostly fruit) that is good for (depending on who you ask) six months to years.

A year ago, I would have estimated I had enough food for about 2 or 3 months.  I have been adding to it steadily all of this year, but I did not think I had all that much more, hence the inventory.

To my surprise, I have about 6 1/2 months of food at current rates of consumption for the wife and I, and about 10 months at 1200 calorie a day consumption.

ETA:  It is amazing how quickly it adds up if you add a few things each week.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Thank goodness we have that 16 cents FJB saved us on hot dogs 2 years ago on July 4th to help pay for this.
View All Quotes

How about it!!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Things are still crazy in Iran.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSmMJzTeeg

View Quote

Follow up...

Clashes erupt between Iranian security forces and protesters marking Mahsa Amini’s death
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StromBusa:

How about it!!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StromBusa:

How about it!!!!

Meat is bad for the environment now, here, try these bugs instead. They are good for the environment and are OK for you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Huh?

Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·

View Quote

Can you explain this again pls?  Not sure I understand…
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a little time on my hands today, so I made an inventory and spreadsheet of my food preps.  I have a very diverse mix of foods.  Some of it is long term like mylar sealed beans and rice and freeze dried stuff in #10 cans.  Some of it is short term canned goods that I rotate out within two or three years, some of it is stuff that I dehydrated myself (mostly fruit) that is good for (depending on who you ask) six months to years.

A year ago, I would have estimated I had enough food for about 2 or 3 months.  I have been adding to it steadily all of this year, but I did not think I had all that much more, hence the inventory.

To my surprise, I have about 6 1/2 months of food at current rates of consumption for the wife and I, and about 10 months at 1200 calorie a day consumption.

View Quote

Feels good doesn't it?

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By highstepper:

View All Quotes

Huh?

Disclose.tv@disclosetv
1h
·

I went further a few posts later.  Here a repost in case you missed it.  Some are seeing it this way, some aren’t.

Also a link to this topic in GD -

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Joe-Biden-confirms-false-flag-dirty-bomb/5-2596359/

Are Biden & Putin playing a game of CHICKEN with WAR?!

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I went further a few posts later.  Here a repost in case you missed it.  Some are seeing it this way, some aren’t.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Joe-Biden-confirms-false-flag-dirty-bomb/5-2596359/

View Quote

Much thx!

Good grief…are people crazy?
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#37]
19m
·
It's reported that while Brits are getting a stingy £66 electricity voucher, "asylum seekers" aka illegal economic migrants are getting free electricity on top of everything else.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109234685043780813
View Quote

Why haven't they rioted yet?  Or shown up with pitchforks at the MP's offices?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Make sure to prep a backpack with 2+ weeks worth of shelf-stable food, along with 2 emergency go bags.  Even if you live in a bunker or castle in BFE, there could come a time when you absolutely must "Leave Right Effing Now".
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#39]
With war and famine getting all of the attention lately, we haven’t heard much about pestilence in a while...

Government lab in Maryland plans to create a hybrid monkeypox strain that is MORE deadly than one currently spreading in US

- NIAID research will see experts swap genes between two monkeypox strains
- They will attempt to make currently dominant clade more lethal and infect mice
- The aim of the project is to spur the development of better drugs for humans
- But it comes amid growing concern about virus manipulation research in labs
- DailyMail.com exposed last week how a hybrid Covid virus was made in Boston

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11349241/Lab-Maryland-plans-create-hybrid-monkeypox-strain-contagious-lethal.html
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:23:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#40]

View Quote

That is great man. In all likelihood this would be added to what food you can get. I am not one who feels the tap will ever be completely turned off...maybe, but I think there will see at least some food available.

One comment though...1200 calories isnt a good base number to work off of. You would have to be completely sedentary with that calorie count and even then would likely drop weight. Depending on your situation you may be gardening and working to improve your residence which could mean you burn even more calories than now. Just something to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Much thx!

View All Quotes

Much thx!

Lots of stuff on the ‘net.  Make up your own mind to its validity.

Intel Slava Z
🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡The Kiev regime has completed technical preparations for a provocation with a "dirty bomb" - RIA Novosti source

Specialists of the Ukrainian enterprise Yuzhmash have prepared a dummy missile of the Iskander complex, which is planned to be filled with radioactive material, and then allegedly shot down over the exclusion zone of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant by Ukrainian air defense forces and announce the launch of a nuclear charge by the Russian armed forces.

The source clarified that the model of the Iskander missile was made on the basis of a projectile from the Tochka-U missile system.

“After the dummy is knocked down, the Kiev authorities intend to show the Western and Ukrainian media fragments of the mock-up and electronics of the alleged Iskander missile in order to convince the Western public of Russia’s guilt,” the agency’s source claims.
t.me/intelslava
/40049
108.4K views
Oct 26 at 10:58

https://t.me/intelslava/40049

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Eagle_19er:

Feels good doesn't it?

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

Make sure to prep a backpack with 2+ weeks worth of shelf-stable food, along with 2 emergency go bags.  Even if you live in a bunker or castle in BFE, there could come a time when you absolutely must "Leave Right Effing Now".
View Quote

I have 2 bags.  I used big parachute bags.  They are large and contain a lot heavier stuff than a backpackers bag.  The wife is not capable of backpacking.  So if there is a wildfire or something that takes out the neighborhood, we can quickly get all the important stuff into the car for a trip to relatives, hotels, or refugee camp.  It is weak on camping out and strong on camping in supplies.  Meals can be taken in the car or hotel room without impediment.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#45]

The old "us against them" trick to get the population onboard with the government.

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

That is great man. In all likelihood this would be added to what food you can get. I am not one who feels the tap will ever be completely turned off...maybe, but I think there will see at least some food available.

One comment though...1200 calories isnt a good base number to work off of. You would have to be completely sedentary with that calorie count and even then would likely drop weight. Depending on your situation you may be gardening and working to improve your residence which could mean you burn even more calories than now. Just something to keep in mind.
View All Quotes

I would target 3,000 calories per day per person.  That way if you aren't active, you will have extra.

Bad thing is if you are having to do a lot of things manually, then your calorie burn per day may get to around 6,000 calories.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Agreed.  I think it is more likely there will be temporary stoppages.  Like a bridge is down, so truckers have to detour to get groceries in.  Or nearby grocery stores get looted, and there is a run on the ones further off so they are mostly empty.  Or the price of beef skyrockets, so the little available is all getting sent to Tokyo where they can get higher prices.  I am thinking having food for several periods of strife of a week here, two weeks there, 3 weeks later on, with the ability to restock in between is more likely than a complete end to civilization.  I also want variety so I can open a can of chili or pork chops when meat hasn't been in the grocery stores for a couple of months.

If the tap turns off completely, then we are lost.  We will eat our stored food, then quietly starve at home because my garden won't be nearly big enough to feed us and the inevitable thieves who help themselves.  If things ever get that bad, then Michael Yon's 2 years of supplies won't be enough either.

1200 calories a day is considered minimum survival rations for a sedentary lifestyle.  To be honest, the wife and I don't eat a whole lot more than that now unless we are gorging on deserts or something.  If the seasons are suitable for gardening, I will expend more calories, but will have more food available as well.  If the seasons are not suitable, then I will stay sedentary.

I am going to mention water as well.  I have 25 gallons of fresh water in sealed 5 gallon pails, 100 gallons of tap water in a rain barrel on the porch, with a lid.  Plus 210 gallons of water in the hot tub.  The rain barrel and hot tub are treated with chemicals on a regular basis to keep them safe.  But even then, I would treat them before use.  I would 1) filter through coffee filters to remove any particulates, 2) treat with an oxidizer to kill anything that is still alive, then 3) run it through my Berkey Filter to remove anything else.  I could, in an emergency, reroute my rain gutters to pour roof water into the spa, but I don't think things will ever get that bad.  Temporary water shortages if the city pumps quit working?  Maybe.  Permanent stoppages?  Probably time to move to a new city.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#48]
This is a good interview showing that negotiations & peace talks have been circumvented from the beginning in order to perpetuate the war in Ukraine.  Lots of things like Germany’s economic fall, the sabotage of the NordStream Pipelines, European infighting, and America’s backing of the war are also covered.

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Fertilizer Manufacturing Plant Destroyed in Massive Fire

The Wilbur-Ellis facility near Moses Lake, WA was left in ruins after a fire engulfed the facility Sunday.

A massive fire ignited at the Wilbur-Ellis fertilizer manufacturing and blending plant near Moses Lake, WA Sunday, leaving the facility in ruins and forcing some residents living near the location to shelter in place.

Emergency personnel were called to the site around 3:15 p.m., police told the Columbia Basin Herald. The plant was fully engulfed in flames when crews got on scene. Fire officials interviewed by the newspaper said the facility was built completely of wood because fertilizer erodes metal.

County public health officials urged certain groups of people living downwind of the fire – including those with respiratory conditions, children, and the elderly – to remain indoors until the flames were out due to concerns that the smoke may contain toxic chemicals. Occupants of homes within a one-mile radius of the plant were ordered to shelter in place during the incident.

A statement published by the Grant County Sheriff’s Office at 5:15 p.m. detailed that the plant collapsed and that fire crews were expected to remain on scene overnight to monitor the smoldering fire. No injuries were recorded.

The county fire marshal is launching an investigation into the cause of the blaze.

https://www.powderbulksolids.com/chemical/fertilizer-manufacturing-plant-destroyed-massive-fire

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Coal mine demolishes neighboring wind farm to boost country's energy supply, drawing ire of climate activists

The German energy giant RWE admits the situation appears to be 'paradoxical'

A German energy company is dismantling a wind farm to allow for an adjacent coal mine to expand its operations, officials said.

The German coal mine Garzweiler, operated by energy company RWE, admits the situation appears to be "paradoxical" — sacrificing one energy source for another — but defended the decision as necessary to strengthen supplies amid the ongoing energy crisis, Oilprice.com reported.

"We realize this comes across as paradoxical," RWE spokesperson Guido Steffen said in a statement. "But that is as matters stand."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/coal-mine-demolishes-neighboring-wind-farm-boost-countrys-energy-supply-drawing-climate-activists
Page / 315
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top