BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 311
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flushdraw:

One would think Amazon being such a HUGE company that it's run well. I was a business partner of theirs several years ago. They outright stole from me. EVERYTHING is run overseas and the US partners have no
power whatsoever. It's a clusterfuck. US management would continually apologize to me. Several years ago Amazon took away(from the management) all text and phone privileges to talk to "the big guys" overseas. They can only email them now.
I also worked for them as a delivery driver for exactly one shift. They stole money from me and I fired them. I'm also permanently banned from leaving reviews on Amazon. I called out all the fake reviews for a product and got a
nasty email from them. Lifetime banned the next day. Amazon is not what people think they are. How they stay in business is a miracle.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Video from last Thursday but makes some very good points about shipping and supply chains.  He projects Amazon will do away with free shipping which could signal that something bigger is on the horizon.

My recent amazon orders have had had delays or outright not deliverable with the shipment lost through internal channels to be delivered by amazon.  My only option was to cancel the delivery and reorder at current prices.  Amazon did not offer to resend contents of original order even though they acknowledged the package was lost through their internal shipping process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okRdBnI2Lg8

One would think Amazon being such a HUGE company that it's run well. I was a business partner of theirs several years ago. They outright stole from me. EVERYTHING is run overseas and the US partners have no
power whatsoever. It's a clusterfuck. US management would continually apologize to me. Several years ago Amazon took away(from the management) all text and phone privileges to talk to "the big guys" overseas. They can only email them now.
I also worked for them as a delivery driver for exactly one shift. They stole money from me and I fired them. I'm also permanently banned from leaving reviews on Amazon. I called out all the fake reviews for a product and got a
nasty email from them. Lifetime banned the next day. Amazon is not what people think they are. How they stay in business is a miracle.

They sure seem to have gotten a reputation of peddling fake products from China lately.  I have ordered certain things from from other sources because of this.  

Also, their warehouses making the news for poor work conditions doesn’t make them sound like a good company, either.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:29:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#2]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
China locking down again for COVID. More supply chain disruptions coming.
View Quote

I don't know if the Covid lockdowns are to disrupt American trade and industry or to cover troop movements, but I really have a hard time swallowing it being for covid.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tooter:

That's an amazing story, and I don't doubt what you say is true.

I deal with Amazon just as a regular retail customer and their service has been great. I honestly don't know how I can receive an order in under 24 hours, but they do it frequently.  I'm an electrician and have been relying on Amazon more and more for materials, as Home Depot is becoming more and more like a third world nation with their chronic shortages. As I understand it, Amazon is the storefront and I'm actually buying from a variety of different sellers. Whatever they're doing, it works for me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tooter:

That's an amazing story, and I don't doubt what you say is true.

I deal with Amazon just as a regular retail customer and their service has been great. I honestly don't know how I can receive an order in under 24 hours, but they do it frequently.  I'm an electrician and have been relying on Amazon more and more for materials, as Home Depot is becoming more and more like a third world nation with their chronic shortages. As I understand it, Amazon is the storefront and I'm actually buying from a variety of different sellers. Whatever they're doing, it works for me.

I’ve probably ordered things from amazon and gotten them under 24 hours but the company that first accomplished this and impressed me was LaRue.  Yes, LaRue is within the same state as me but I’m in all the way up in North Texas and so is one of Amazon’s warehouses.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

I don't know if the Covid lockdowns are to disrupt American trade and industry or to cover troop movements, but I really have a hard time swallowing it being for covid.
View All Quotes

Something sure seems to be going on in China.  What it is, is probably a very complicated answer.  

I think exponentialpi is correct that this will affect our supply chains but it could also be a gear-up towards war, too.

Mutiny In China - Youth is giving up on life "Let it Rot", CCP worried

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

In true arfcom fashion, probably both.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve been hesitant to post videos like this as they seem to have more of the doomer, clickbait appearance.  This one does have some good information in it to share so maybe I need to pay more attention to what they are saying.

20 Items That Are Impossible To Find At Grocery Stores Right Now

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#7]
This alone could affect power distribution in the UK -

UK storm alert: Atlantic mega freeze to blitz Britain with torrential rain and 80mph gales

Britain is about to be blitzed by torrential downpours and 80mph winds driven by two mega-freezes on either side of the Atlantic. The UK is sandwiched between a whiteout gripping Canada and parts of North America, and another crippling Russia and Eastern Europe. The interaction of two cold air masses astride milder air over northern Europe will help drive a week-long deluge.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/1699319/Uk-storm-forecast-rain-lightning-winds?utm_source=daily_express_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_evening_newsletter2&utm_medium=email
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Ukraine has become the new Afghanistan, except with a subscription delivery service.  Massive destabilization is coming to Eastern Europe and probably beyond.

90 percent of the weapons supplied by the US to Kyiv cannot be found

Under these circumstances, Europe has slowed down financial aid to Ukraine. The US Republicans do not want the US to take care of Ukraine alone and certainly not in such an uncontrolled manner: “President Joe Biden has asked Congress for more than $37 billion in emergency aid for Ukraine.

According to previous reports, Congress was working on a $50 billion stimulus package for the remaining two years of the "lame duck" presidency ahead of the next presidential election. Congress has already allocated approximately $66 billion for military, economic and humanitarian assistance to Ukraine. The Conservative coalition says the $50 billion in aid to Ukraine totals a staggering $116 billion.”

Another tool that is back in Trump's hands is Twitter. In January 2021 he was finally thrown out after the Capitol was stormed. It was feared that the politician would call his supporters to the barricades after the election defeat. At that time he lost 90 million followers. The social network's new owner, Elon Musk, asked users if they wanted Trump back on the platform. Within the first few hours, the account had more than ten million followers.

However, Trump has said on more than one occasion that he will not return to Twitter. With this social network, however, it would be easier to get into the White House. The only thing standing in the way would be the party leadership. There are enough people who don't want the 45th President to be the 47th President.

https://www-anti--spiegel-ru.translate.goog/2022/90-prozent-der-von-den-usa-an-kiew-gelieferten-waffen-sind-nicht-auffindbar/?doing_wp_cron=1669077453.8503909111022949218750&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Ukraine has become the new Afghanistan, except with a subscription delivery service.  Massive destabilization is coming to Eastern Europe and probably beyond.

Under these circumstances, Europe has slowed down financial aid to Ukraine. The US Republicans do not want the US to take care of Ukraine alone and certainly not in such an uncontrolled manner: “President Joe Biden has asked Congress for more than $37 billion in emergency aid for Ukraine.

According to previous reports, Congress was working on a $50 billion stimulus package for the remaining two years of the "lame duck" presidency ahead of the next presidential election. Congress has already allocated approximately $66 billion for military, economic and humanitarian assistance to Ukraine. The Conservative coalition says the $50 billion in aid to Ukraine totals a staggering $116 billion.”

Another tool that is back in Trump's hands is Twitter. In January 2021 he was finally thrown out after the Capitol was stormed. It was feared that the politician would call his supporters to the barricades after the election defeat. At that time he lost 90 million followers. The social network's new owner, Elon Musk, asked users if they wanted Trump back on the platform. Within the first few hours, the account had more than ten million followers.

However, Trump has said on more than one occasion that he will not return to Twitter. With this social network, however, it would be easier to get into the White House. The only thing standing in the way would be the party leadership. There are enough people who don't want the 45th President to be the 47th President.

https://www-anti--spiegel-ru.translate.goog/2022/90-prozent-der-von-den-usa-an-kiew-gelieferten-waffen-sind-nicht-auffindbar/?doing_wp_cron=1669077453.8503909111022949218750&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp
View Quote

Would need to know more before freaking out
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View Quote

Yeah.  The source looks. ..questionable... but also, it might not be a good ideajto publish details about weapons stockpiles and where they might be during an active conflict.

I personally think it is part of the Biden money laundry company... but still, common sense would dictate telling people about your weapons and such would be a really poor idea.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

No need to freak out as this has become the new normal.

I‘ll reserve freaking out when the democrats start supplying arms to the cartels again.  You know that’s coming back at some point.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#13]
melissa ciummei
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

The headline is just complete and utter nonsense. Just looking at FIRMS data shows how much shooting the US supplied weapons are doing. Further, the fact that they pushed the rooskies out of Kherson and continue to hold Bakmut puts the headline in the clickbait BS category.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Pretty revealing conversation that the dirty bomb, nuke thread from Russia is mostly thought of as BS.

Also, Macron seems to have an obvious Russian accent.

TommyRobinsonOfficial@TommyRobinsonOfficial
27m
·
Polish President Andrzej Duda in a conversation with Russian pranksters, who introduced themselves as President Emmanuel Macron on the day of the fatal missile incident:

"Believe me, I am very careful...

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109388113118468393
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I’ve been hesitant to post videos like this as they seem to have more of the doomer, clickbait appearance.  This one does have some good information in it to share so maybe I need to pay more attention to what they are saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ydijLuareY
View Quote

I only watched the first 7 of the 20 items that were supposed to be missing.  But I am not seeing shortages of those things in my area.  Canned goods, soft drinks, juice boxes & lunchables, over the counter meds, water bottles, avocados, olive oil.  There was a temporary shortage of avocados a few weeks ago.  But they were back in stock within a week.  Some of this stuff I really don't look at closely as I don't shop for such things.  But canned goods, avocados, and olive oil are in great supply, all of which I purchase every trip to the store.

Yesterday at the grocery store, it was a mad house with people getting ready for Thanksgiving.  They had so many canned goods, pecan pies, pumpkin, mince, giant bins of frozen turkeys, hams, stuffing mixes, baking goods, everything you can imagine. I didn't shop the soft drinks and lunchables areas.

I still expect there to be shortages at some point.  But they aren't affecting my area right now.  Perhaps that is due in part to our location.  Oklahoma City is a hub for many trucking companies, and we are surrounded by farm land and ranches.  So supply line issues may not be affecting us as much as other areas.

I'm still not seeing plain old Fritos, so there's that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgsTGToMxhw

View Quote

LoL!  I like the guy imitating the NPC face.  Funny stuff.

But the real snort point was when he said "Add some flour, preferably sustainable" to the bugs.  What other kind of flour is there?  It's not mined or pumped out of igneous rock a couple of miles deep.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

I only watched the first 7 of the 20 items that were supposed to be missing.  But I am not seeing shortages of those things in my area.  Canned goods, soft drinks, juice boxes & lunchables, over the counter meds, water bottles, avocados, olive oil.  There was a temporary shortage of avocados a few weeks ago.  But they were back in stock within a week.  Some of this stuff I really don't look at closely as I don't shop for such things.  But canned goods, avocados, and olive oil are in great supply, all of which I purchase every trip to the store.

Yesterday at the grocery store, it was a mad house with people getting ready for Thanksgiving.  They had so many canned goods, pecan pies, pumpkin, mince, giant bins of frozen turkeys, hams, stuffing mixes, baking goods, everything you can imagine. I didn't shop the soft drinks and lunchables areas.

I still expect there to be shortages at some point.  But they aren't affecting my area right now.  Perhaps that is due in part to our location.  Oklahoma City is a hub for many trucking companies, and we are surrounded by farm land and ranches.  So supply line issues may not be affecting us as much as other areas.

View Quote

I have seen shortages in most of those things. I am not saying there is nothing but definitely slim pickings and being forced into brands I have never bought or have often never heard of before. The soda prices are sky rocketing here. I can also tell you first hand that there is a glass shortage and has been for awhile. I struggled to find bottles last time and some were backordered for 7-8 months.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#20]
As far as Covid in China:  I've always secretly thought/hoped
it was CIA punishment for releasing it in the world.
They would just keep infecting them, maybe with different
strains.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]

I have seen shortages in most of those things. I am not saying there is nothing but definitely slim pickings and being forced into brands I have never bought or have often never heard of before. The soda prices are sky rocketing here. I can also tell you first hand that there is a glass shortage and has been for awhile. I struggled to find bottles last time and some were backordered for 7-8 months.

View All Quotes

I have noticed a trend over the years that things that affect the coasts eventually got to Oklahoma.  Cultural trends used to take two years to reach Oklahoma from California.   You may be seeing shortages weeks or months before I do.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Haven’t they been locking down cities and provinces on and off ever since this Covid bs started?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#23]

I have noticed a trend over the years that things that affect the coasts eventually got to Oklahoma.  Cultural trends used to take two years to reach Oklahoma from California.   You may be seeing shortages weeks or months before I do.
View Quote

Maybe, or it could in fairness be that I am off the beaten path myself and other places may have a tad more priority. But obviously I know it isn't isolated to just my rural area as I hear others discussing it.

In my business I feel like it is a yo-yo of not finding an item and then it's there and then it's gone again. Most of my issues now are parts for repair and materials for manufacturing. I was barely able to get a crane truck fixed as it needed a replacement hydraulic pump...two in the country. I have had an Icemaker down for a simple water pump for six months now. I live in constant fear or a widget or bushing or whatever failing and me being screwed. This is a concern for most of the manufacturers I know. A delivery delayed months for a saw being down and waiting on parts. Another delivery of barrels delayed by a month because the engraving machine was, you guessed it, waiting for a part.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

Haven’t they been locking down cities and provinces on and off ever since this Covid bs started?
View Quote

yes, they have, and we have noticed a big troop build up along coastal cities. At least that is the reporting I have been reading.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#25]

I‘ll reserve freaking out when the democrats start supplying arms to the cartels again.  You know that’s coming back at some point.

View All Quotes

Where do you think all those missing weapons in Ukraine are going? They’re going to arm the hundreds of thousands of middle eastern military age males that have migrated to Europe.

I’m kidding.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#26]

yes, they have, and we have noticed a big troop build up along coastal cities. At least that is the reporting I have been reading.
View All Quotes

Dang I hadn’t heard about the coastal troop buildups. That’s a pretty good indication they may be preparing to move on Taiwan.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Yes, I guess that may be the difference in the definition of a “shortage”.  I went to WalMart for may strategic Monday-fully-stocked-afrter-the-weekend visit and boy, was it ever crowded.  . One of my main objectives was to get some canned vegetables from my favorite Green Giant brand, which I saw so very little on the shelf that I ended up compromising with Del Monte.  For me, this was a shortage as I will be going to a local grocery store chain later today to see if they have Green Giant in stock.

The comment about aluminum is downright scary if long-term storable canned food becomes hard to find on shelves.  Get what you can now, I guess.

Soft drink brands have been hit and miss for some time now.  I’ve gone from store to store to find Dr Pepper Zero, which I actually like better than the regular Dr Pepper.  I have family that prefers Coke products and have even had to visit multiple stores to get that, too. The threat of a CO2 shortage won’t help any, either.

A few weeks ago, I did break down and got a bank loan to buy a couple of bags of Cool Ranch Doritos.
I was pretty disappointed as it didn’t have near the spices and flavor as I remembered it having before. I don’t think I be buying any more anytime soon.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#28]
This thread man...

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 3:13:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#29]

Dang I hadn’t heard about the coastal troop buildups. That’s a pretty good indication they may be preparing to move on Taiwan.
View Quote

In fairness I don't know if they are still there or not. Some of it was "training" as I recall and some of it was to enforce "covid restrictions". The pipeline attack, ongoing war that we arent even a part of(lol), and elections seems to have purged a lot of the suspicious china activity reporting off the headlines.

ETA: They also have build up along the India border.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#30]
The propaganda machine is getting fired up again in preparation for something...

9m
·
Fauci: "The real danger is in the people who have not been vaccinated. If we're going to see a problem this winter, it's going to be among those people."

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109389024699589381

6m
·
White House Covid Response Director:

"Get your Covid shot, get your flu shot....that's why God gave you two arms."

These people are relentless, and insane.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109389042180037844

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 5:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dispatch55126] [#31]
The propaganda machine is getting fired up again in preparation for something...

9m
·
Fauci: "The real danger is in the people who have not been vaccinated. If we're going to see a problem this winter, it's going to be among those people."

6m
·

View Quote

Meanwhile...
"Grade-A Gaslighting": FDA Says Anti-Ivermectin Campaign Was 'Just A Recommendation'
www.zerohedge.com/political/grade-gaslighting-fda-says-anti-ivermectin-campaign-was-just-recommendation

They just can't let go of their narrative, can they?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Finally finished the write-up on CBDC and Vax passports for my site.  Think it's an easy to follow 3-minute read, and contains all the info people need to understand the threat they represent to America, freedom and our way of life.  Couldnt have done it without all the info you folks posted here.

http://viralinsurgency.com/cbdc-vaccination-passports/

Check it out and let me know if I missed anything, and feel free to copy and share it, in whole or in part.  I will be adding references and lots of hyperlinks so people can do their own research over the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Bolsonaro’s Party Questions Lula’s Victory in Brazil Runoff Election

Party seeks to annul votes that gave Lula a tight runoff win Electoral court says same machines used in both rounds of vote

President Jair Bolsonaro’s party is questioning the result of Brazil’s runoff election, seeking to annul votes that gave leftist leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva a tight victory on Oct. 30.

Bolsonaro’s Liberal Party claimed on Tuesday that older models of Brazil’s electronic ballots had problems that make it impossible to properly identify the machines, and requested that votes cast through them be annulled. If only new models of the machines are deemed reliable, the conservative president would be reelected with 51.05% of the votes, the party said.

Brazilian assets extended losses after the allegations. The real fell as much as 1.7%, while the benchmark Ibovespa stock index closed 0.65% lower as traders worried about the risk of a contested vote.

Yet the electoral court said the same machines were used in both rounds of election. Therefore, the allegations will only be considered if the first round of the vote is also reviewed, the court’s president, Justice Alexandre de Moraes, wrote in a decision published on Tuesday.

Moraes gave 24 hours for Bolsonaro’s party to decide how to proceed. His ruling puts the party in a tough spot because a move to question first-round results would likely affect the election of many of its members in congress.

Bolsonaro has been mostly away from the public eye since losing the election to Lula over three weeks ago. Yet his most loyal supporters have blocked highways across Brazil in the first few days following his defeat and continue to stage protests making unproven claims of election fraud and demanding military intervention. While Tuesday’s request by the Liberal Party is unlikely to advance in courts, it adds to a narrative that will keep the president’s base engaged.

What Bloomberg Economics Says

“We think the Liberal Party’s move asking the Electoral Court to annul some votes is more about energizing Bolsonaro’s supporters than anything else. Some of them have protested in the streets since Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva was declared the winner on Oct. 30. It’s unlikely this challenge will go far.”

-- Adriana Dupita, Brazil economist

Speaking before Moraes’s decision, Liberal Party’s head Valdemar da Costa Neto said the report about electronic voting machines doesn’t reflect the party’s opinion, but is the result of studies carried out by specialists.

“I was elected through electronic voting machines, lawmakers from the Liberal Party were elected through electronic voting machines,” he told journalists on Tuesday, describing the report as a specialist work that needs to be addressed by the electoral court to dispel any doubts about the electoral process.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-22/bolsonaro-s-party-questions-lula-s-victory-in-brazil-election?leadSource=uverify%20wall
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Maybe, or it could in fairness be that I am off the beaten path myself and other places may have a tad more priority. But obviously I know it isn't isolated to just my rural area as I hear others discussing it.

In my business I feel like it is a yo-yo of not finding an item and then it's there and then it's gone again. Most of my issues now are parts for repair and materials for manufacturing. I was barely able to get a crane truck fixed as it needed a replacement hydraulic pump...two in the country. I have had an Icemaker down for a simple water pump for six months now. I live in constant fear or a widget or bushing or whatever failing and me being screwed. This is a concern for most of the manufacturers I know. A delivery delayed months for a saw being down and waiting on parts. Another delivery of barrels delayed by a month because the engraving machine was, you guessed it, waiting for a part.
View Quote

In AZ we have seen prices skyrocket, shortages and shrinkflation.  Eggs, deodorant, frozen meals, certain fruits all doubled or more in price.  Other items up 50% or more, and the brand you want is just gone.

As for parts, yeah, huge issue.  Especially for AC and refrigeration.

If 3D printing can advance a bit more, waiting on an impossible to find part will become a thing of the past.  I can't wait till printers can run plastic, rubber, metal and more, all in the same machine.  Of course, lots of people will try to delay that from ever happening and being accessible to the common man, as it'd put tons of businesses out of business.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By dispatch55126:

Meanwhile...
"Grade-A Gaslighting": FDA Says Anti-Ivermectin Campaign Was 'Just A Recommendation'
www.zerohedge.com/political/grade-gaslighting-fda-says-anti-ivermectin-campaign-was-just-recommendation

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dispatch55126:

9m
·

6m
·

Meanwhile...

I wonder what percentage of twitter bans were because of even typing that word into the tweet?

Just imaging how bad the next witch hunt will be?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:46:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#36]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:
Finally finished the write-up on CBDC and Vax passports for my site.  Think it's an easy to follow 3-minute read, and contains all the info people need to understand the threat they represent to America, freedom and our way of life.  Couldnt have done it without all the info you folks posted here.

Check it out and let me know if I missed anything, and feel free to copy and share it, in whole or in part.  I will be adding references and lots of hyperlinks so people can do their own research over the next few weeks.
View Quote

I think it looks pretty good.  I like how you documented the beginning of it and its progression so far.  I don’t think a lot of people realize how early this concept started in the US.

ETA - I also like the format of your website, very sleek and clean.  You got a lot of info just waiting for me to explore.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gitarmac] [#37]

The only reason this thread hasn't been archived is because I and others continue to find stories that warn of food shortages and potential famine that give credence to the original post.   Other events such as wars, coups, natural disasters, and government policies are also exasperating that possibility.

Anyone with half a brain can see tough times are ahead,  but to what extent?

View Quote

I appreciate your thread and updates. Knowledge is power. Pollyanna's be damned. Just today I was subjected to the wailings of a disillusioned Pollyanna. Too fucking bad bitch, pay your bills with your happy thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lumper] [#38]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ydijLuareY
View Quote

I own and run a rural grocery store.  We are an unbranded store.  What this means is I have a number of sources to purchase from.  What it also means is that as a small customer to my suppliers - I do not have leverage to force my suppliers to sell to me if items are scarce.  I do not have three of the items in the video.  Pharmacy meds - I have never stocked, we have not the population to support a pharmacist's salary, and with a 45 minute police response time, it seems like a bad idea anyways.  Alcohol - have never stocked, and could not sell due to state regulations even if i wanted to.  Baby formula - have never stocked due to cost & theft issues.

Everything else I have in stock.  At a little store in the middle of nowhere USA.

This video is full of crap.

Edited to add: costs are overall continuing to rise as the added costs of inflation are continuing to make their way through the supply chain.  This may slow down, but the inflation is no where ready to stop.

There are still bargains available for those willing to switch brands or items.  People just have to be flexible enough to make the choices.  For example, earlier this year boneless skinless chicken breast was selling for $ 4.00 a pound and above.  However, last week I sold about 400 cases of 40 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast for $ 1.29 a lb.  It was cheap, and the customers willing to switch from beef or pork to chicken got a great bargain.  It can not stay at this price, the production cost is higher than this.  There is simply currently an overabundance of chicken that must be slaughtered due to the size restrictions of the automated equipment.

Simply being willing to be flexible in your needs and desires will help greatly as inflation continues to increase.  That and grabbing the bargains when you can find them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By lumper:

I own and run a rural grocery store.  We are an unbranded store.  What this means is I have a number of sources to purchase from.  What it also means is that as a small customer to my suppliers - I do not have leverage to force my suppliers to sell to me if items are scarce.  I do not have three of the items in the video.  Pharmacy meds - I have never stocked, we have not the population to support a pharmacist's salary, and with a 45 minute police response time, it seems like a bad idea anyways.  Alcohol - have never stocked, and could not sell due to state regulations even if i wanted to.  Baby formula - have never stocked due to cost & theft issues.

Everything else I have in stock.  At a little store in the middle of nowhere USA.

This video is full of crap.
View Quote

Yea, and everyone in this thread talking about the shortages they are seeing are full of shit as well I guess?

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Doesn't matter, the covid optic worked so well it's going to be used until it doesn't work anymore, by that time something better and more effective will come into play.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
How much did it cost?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:45:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lumper] [#42]

Yea, and everyone in this thread talking about the shortages they are seeing are full of shit as well I guess?

View Quote

I am certainly willing to admit there are shortages of some items.  However, from what I see and experience everyday the video is greatly exaggerating the shortages of food.  We are seeing more shortages of supplies on the hardware side then we are currently seeing in the food supply.  Other areas may see things differently, but I am not seeing it where I live and work.  How about you, You are a state or two south from where I live in PA, Are your grocery store shelves empty?

Edited to add: I do expect things to continue to get worse overall in the country.  Shortages will worsen, and prices will continue to increase as the purchasing power of the dollar continues to decrease.  However I value honesty, and I did not see in that video.  What I believe I saw was the spewing of fear and an exaggeration of the current situation to generate views.  Perhaps it serves a purpose to convince some people to stock up.  That would be wise of them.  However most of the people convinced by this video will loose their conviction quickly if things do not immediately get worse.  I don't expect it to.  I believe there will be a slow decent into poverty for the majority of Americans, and I do not believe this video will help anyone prepare for that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By gitarmac:

I appreciate your thread and updates. Knowledge is power. Pollyanna's be damned. Just today I was subjected to the wailings of a disillusioned Pollyanna. Too fucking bad bitch, pay your bills with your happy thoughts.
View All Quotes

The only reason this thread hasn't been archived is because I and others continue to find stories that warn of food shortages and potential famine that give credence to the original post.   Other events such as wars, coups, natural disasters, and government policies are also exasperating that possibility.

Anyone with half a brain can see tough times are ahead,  but to what extent?

Thanks, gitarmac.

Yes, it does get tiresome in this thread and others, too.  This site is way too infested with trolls, both of the professional and amateur variety.

In the real world, I find a lot of these people either can’t or just don’t want to face bad news.  That requires responsibility & accountability for having the foreknowledge of what may come.  To them, ignorance bares no responsibility or accountability other than “I didn’t know.”  

“I did’t know” won’t pay the bills either.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#44]

I am certainly willing to admit there are shortages of some items.  However, from what I see and experience everyday the video is greatly exaggerating the shortages of food.  We are seeing more shortages of supplies on the hardware side then we are currently seeing in the food supply.  Other areas may see things differently, but I am not seeing it where I live and work.  How about you, You are a state or two south from where I live in PA, Are your grocery store shelves empty?

Edited to add: I do expect things to continue to get worse overall in the country.  Shortages will worsen, and prices will continue to increase as the purchasing power of the dollar continues to decrease.  However I value honesty, and I did not see in that video.  What I believe I saw was the spewing of fear and an exaggeration of the current situation to generate views.  Perhaps it serves a purpose to convince some people to stock up.  That would be wise of them.  However most of the people convinced by this video will loose their conviction quickly if things do not immediately get worse.  I don't expect it to.  I believe there will be a slow decent into poverty for the majority of Americans, and I do not believe this video will help anyone prepare for that.
View Quote

Just to quote a couple of my posts from earlier because I am lazy and don’t want to type it again…

“I have seen shortages in most of those things. I am not saying there is nothing but definitely slim pickings and being forced into brands I have never bought or have often never heard of before. The soda prices are sky rocketing here. I can also tell you first hand that there is a glass shortage and has been for awhile. I struggled to find bottles last time and some were backordered for 7-8 months.”

“In my business I feel like it is a yo-yo of not finding an item and then it's there and then it's gone again. Most of my issues now are parts for repair and materials for manufacturing. I was barely able to get a crane truck fixed as it needed a replacement hydraulic pump...two in the country. I have had an Icemaker down for a simple water pump for six months now. I live in constant fear or a widget or bushing or whatever failing and me being screwed. This is a concern for most of the manufacturers I know. A delivery delayed months for a saw being down and waiting on parts. Another delivery of barrels delayed by a month because the engraving machine was, you guessed it, waiting for a part.”
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#45]
The battle is coming...

2h
·
Canadian banks preparing to roll out CBDCs.

It's a slippery slope, remember how banks clamped down on people donating to the truck protesters?

Imagine what they could do if they have your money like this?

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109390215455971797

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#46]

I think it looks pretty good.  I like how you documented the beginning of it and its progression so far.  I don’t think a lot of people realize how early this concept started in the US.

ETA - I also like the format of your website, very sleek and clean.  You got a lot of info just waiting for me to explore.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

Thanks, 'appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:40:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: viralinsurgency] [#47]
The battle is coming...

2h
·
Canadian banks preparing to roll out CBDCs.

It's a slippery slope, remember how banks clamped down on people donating to the truck protesters?

Imagine what they could do if they have your money like this?

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/109390215455971797

View Quote

Speaking of Canada, eh,
Canadians just proposed a ban on all centerfire rifles that have a detachable magazine, as an amendment to another bill.  On top of the earlier bans on "assault" rifles, and on pistols, when they promised you could keep "your deer rifle, and what's not banned now, just register it."  

Now banned.  

And rumor is Dems are pushing another AWB. Also as an amendment,

HEADS UP: Back Door, Last-Ditch Effort To Ban Rifles Underway

The progressive anti-freedom democrats are gunning to take away your guns again, by adding an Assault Weapon Ban to the LGBTQ-alphabet soup bill they deceptively and hypocritically titled “Respect for Marriage Act”. They want to sneak this through the lame duck session. Call congress and suggest the following:

“Republicans must submit an amendment to the bill, to substitute their own bill, that states ‘We respect Marriage, and hereby immediately decriminalize marijuana, abolish the BATFE, and overturn the Gun Control Act, the National Firearms Act, and the Hughes Amendment.‘ Let Democrats be the mean ones who vote down a combination legalized pot and true respect for marriage act.”
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#48]
How much did it cost?
View Quote

Good point. Prices are higher in general. Some meats are actually pretty low right now.  But lots of things are higher, some a lot higher. Produce in particular seems noticeably higher, with less quantity.  I suppose that is indicative of scarcity. Not exactly famine yet, but heading in that direction.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks for your response.  I would agree that soda prices have increased quite a bit.  I am not currently seeing glass shortages, but the glass I buy is empty canning jars, and glass jars filled with food - usually the style commonly called mayo jars.  At this time common and found in standard sizes.  There was a shortage for the last 18 months or so, but that has passed for now.  You are perhaps looking for a more specialized choice of glass container that you chose for your trademark brand.  In that case I would not be surprised that you are experiencing difficulty in finding that particular item.  You do not wish to change your trademark look and that limits your options.

I know nothing of the regulations affecting the production, branding & selling of spirits, so perhaps this is a stupid question.  Would it be possible for you to create another brand and use another container to get around this (hopefully) temporary shortage you are dealing with?

There is a meat company I deal with.  They have two brands.  The name brand which has excellent quality control, not just of the food they are selling but of the presentation of that food.  Everything is sliced exactly the same for example.  They also have a second brand.  They sell the imperfect food.  The food quality is the same, but the food presentation is not as strict.  Perhaps the ham steak slice is uneven, perhaps the slice is close to the shank bone and does not fall within the percentage of meat to bone ratio they demand for their premium brand.  They reduce their profit per item by selling this for less, but also reduce their losses by having a second brand to sell the lower quality product through - instead of their other option of blowing it out to a discount dealer at a loss.  Some customers care about the name brand, some care about the cost.  They are able to sell to both.

I do remember reading about the value of premium spirit bottles during the Weimar republic.  The value was in the bottle, not the contents that it was refilled with.  Perhaps you are better off waiting.  You would know better than I.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 10:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#50]
Thanks for your response.  I would agree that soda prices have increased quite a bit.  I am not currently seeing glass shortages, but the glass I buy is empty canning jars, and glass jars filled with food - usually the style commonly called mayo jars.  At this time common and found in standard sizes.  There was a shortage for the last 18 months or so, but that has passed for now.  You are perhaps looking for a more specialized choice of glass container that you chose for your trademark brand.  In that case I would not be surprised that you are experiencing difficulty in finding that particular item.  You do not wish to change your trademark look and that limits your options.

I know nothing of the regulations affecting the production, branding & selling of spirits, so perhaps this is a stupid question.  Would it be possible for you to create another brand and use another container to get around this (hopefully) temporary shortage you are dealing with?

There is a meat company I deal with.  They have two brands.  The name brand which has excellent quality control, not just of the food they are selling but of the presentation of that food.  Everything is sliced exactly the same for example.  They also have a second brand.  They sell the imperfect food.  The food quality is the same, but the food presentationis not as strict.  Perhaps the ham steak slice is uneven, perhaps the slice is close to the shank bone and does not fall within the percentage of meat to bone ratio they demand for their premium brand.  They reduce their profit per item by selling this for less, but also reduce their losses by having a second brand to sell the lower quality product through - instead of their other option of blowing it out to a discount dealer at a loss.  Some customers care about the name brand, some care about the cost.  They are able to sell to both.

I do remember reading about the value of premium spirit bottles during the Weimar republic.  The value was in the bottle, not the contents that it was refilled with.  Perhaps you are better off waiting.  You would know better than I.
View Quote

I use mass produced bottles specifically because of availability. I have had to switch designs just to have bottles. Then I had to accept that I could no longer source American made as almost all production has shifted to India for bottles.

ETA: as well apparently I talk too much about what I do.
Page / 311
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top