Nailed it!

Tasty
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Mortadella. No tomatos on that one.
View Quote

Mortadella just edges out prosciutto as my favorite sandwich meat.  Nice sub roll, mortadella, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, olive oil and balsamic on the bread and a shake or two of Italian seasoning is in my top three.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
In the bag would save some cleanup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Single serve bag of Fritos w/ chili dumped in. We also called it Frito pie. No idea how that got started, there's nothing pie about it.
I thought Frito pie was layers of Fritos and chili and cheese in a casserole dish.

Maybe in other parts of the country? It was always Frito pie then later on we heard it was called "walking taco".

In middle school, the home ec class sold a shit ton of them in the cooler months.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Working until the wife comes home is the usual plan.  She just called and said she has to stay late to finish a brief for Fed District Court. ( she's having knee replacement surgery on Friday so she needs to button some things up.)

Forever being adaptable, I used my supervisory authority and declared the work day over.  I though I had more left in the bottle than I did but good enough for government work.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Nailed it!

Tasty
View All Quotes

Nailed it!

Tasty

That steak looks delicious.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By conndcj:

Mortadella just edges out prosciutto as my favorite sandwich meat.  Nice sub roll, mortadella, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, olive oil and balsamic on the bread and a shake or two of Italian seasoning is in my top three.
View All Quotes

I could get down on that.

In middle school, the home ec class sold a shit ton of them in the cooler months.
It doesn't agree with my stomach, but I usually make a batch or two every winter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
It doesn't agree with my stomach, but I usually make a batch or two every winter.
View All Quotes

I don't think I've had any since middle school.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Damn, that's some dark wood.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
@MrSig239

Need some Black Walnut? Mount your horse and come get it.

https://i.imgur.com/sQbzpg9.jpg

Damn, that's some dark wood.

I heard you like the dark wood.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#9]
https://i.imgur.com/oEm5Ozf.jpeg

My light came in really handy, I've been trying to track down an intermittent oil leak, I grabbed some UV dye and voila.
View Quote

Where is the leak?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WIC:
Hey, Rob Low, what's a walking taco?
View Quote

Oof
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#11]

My Bolo knife in that pic is 17-1/2" OAL
And I don't think you can ship Wisconsin bugs out of State.
Bugs might not like Mass.
View Quote

No one likes Massachushits, why do the bugs get a choice?

I bet you could cut that shit down further with the bolo and cram a piece into a cardboard box or just Saran wrap it and smack a sticker on there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Reubjames:
Had a guy from the UK request a knife today. Looks like 3" is the max blade length they can carry over there. I need to do some more research on how exactly they measure the blade length but my interpretation at this point is that it's from tip of the blade to the closest part of handle. Measured that way, my model 2s are 2.990"-2.995" at least the sample size of 3 that I have siting on my desk. Anyone familiar with how they measure blade length over on that side of the pond?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/IMG_2777_jpeg-3304896.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/IMG_2776_jpeg-3304897.JPG
View Quote

That is a very serious question, some places is butting edge length others are from the farthest projection of the scales
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#13]

I can't buy a magazine more than 10 rds.  And if I have declared ones, I have to download them to 10 before I leave my property. *runs*
View Quote

The entire east coast from just south of Charlotte on up is going to slide into the abyss at some point and given your proximity to Massachushits, your state will be on the leading edge.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#14]

That is a very serious question, some places is butting edge length others are from the farthest projection of the scales
View Quote

Cutting edge on these is ~2.75” and front edge of bolster to blade tip is 2.95” or so. The buyer is happy with those dimension. I’m going to shoot for exactly 2.9” from tip to bolster by grinding it just a tad shorter to give him just a little more factor of safety.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]

If they're over 15-round handgun mags, they have to be transported empty until you get to the range or back home. Same for rifles, but 10 round limit.
View Quote

oh, that makes sense

said no one, to anyone from Illinois, ever
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]
wasn't that just this last spring?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Working until the wife comes home is the usual plan.  She just called and said she has to stay late to finish a brief for Fed District Court. ( she's having knee replacement surgery on Friday so she needs to button some things up.)

Forever being adaptable, I used my supervisory authority and declared the work day over.  I though I had more left in the bottle than I did but good enough for government work.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/1000002255-3305556.jpg
View Quote

liar, there is no way she gave you supervisory authority over yourself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm going to go with the opposite.  Pineapple on a pizza is just fucking retarded.  Sliced tomato on pizza is actually a small season here when tomatoes are at their best.  Almost always a white pizza.  You can get it anywhere in Italy as well. I've never seen a pineapple pizza anywhere there nor would I ask.
View Quote

How pineapple is dividing the birthplace of pizza
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:

Doing ok. Stopped taking 2 meds. Need to give it awhile to see if it improves. Outing went well! They all loved the hat!
Haven't been in the shop since early last week! That's how you know I'm not feeling well! I actually cut the grass today and changed the seal on the bottom of the wife's garage door. Hers  had 3 baby snakes living in it.(moved em to the stone wall except one that got squished by the door) Was torn from old age. Will do mine tomorrow, I'm done for today. Thanks for wondering!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Was just wondering how you were doing?

Moon Pie Monday could become a thing

Doing ok. Stopped taking 2 meds. Need to give it awhile to see if it improves. Outing went well! They all loved the hat!
Haven't been in the shop since early last week! That's how you know I'm not feeling well! I actually cut the grass today and changed the seal on the bottom of the wife's garage door. Hers  had 3 baby snakes living in it.(moved em to the stone wall except one that got squished by the door) Was torn from old age. Will do mine tomorrow, I'm done for today. Thanks for wondering!
Good to hear. I relocated two little ring neck snakes from the garage door area last night by complete happenstance. It isn't a regular thing... I think they came in through the crack I had left in the people door to let the extension cord pass while I was vacuuming the car. The garage door is only a couple of years old.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 80085:

Let me introduce you to tostilocos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9rkUOidU-c
View Quote

There was a tostiloco cart by my kid's school last week
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought Frito pie was layers of Fritos and chili and cheese in a casserole dish.
View All Quotes

Single serve bag of Fritos w/ chili dumped in. We also called it Frito pie. No idea how that got started, there's nothing pie about it.

I know it as both.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#22]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/1000002254-3305370.jpg

First corn of the season from my hometown.  It never fails to impress.  Sweet as sugar and as always the best medium to transfer unhealthy amounts of butter and salt into my mouth.
View Quote

More fancy swine?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

Looked like way too much corn and rice(?) getting added.
View Quote

Cheese not rice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#24]
@MrSig239

Need some Black Walnut? Mount your horse and come get it.

https://i.imgur.com/sQbzpg9.jpg
View Quote

Oh shit single swings of that bad boy?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:42:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#25]

Cheese not rice.
View Quote

then never enough if it is cheese
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Pork and beef cheek are fantastic.  Once upon a time at Babbo, a very famous Italian restaurant in NYC, the specialty of the house was beef cheek ravioli. My God.  Alas, it is no more as the chef did some stupid shit and lost his restaurant empire. 😒
View Quote

I love guanciale too. There was a place in Seattle that was doing experiments with it that were amazing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#27]
https://i.imgur.com/oEm5Ozf.jpeg

My light came in really handy, I've been trying to track down an intermittent oil leak, I grabbed some UV dye and voila.
View Quote
Apparently they forgot to tell you not to drink it on ice though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Maybe in other parts of the country? It was always Frito pie then later on we heard it was called "walking taco".
View Quote

Nailed it.

My wife and I spent parts of our formulative years in several states most are the same but the states where we differ are OK and KY.

I learned about it as a kid in OK and I call it a Frito Pie

She calls it  walking taco.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sywagon:

View All Quotes

Hey, take it easy there Pops.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#30]

oh, that makes sense

View All Quotes

If they're over 15-round handgun mags, they have to be transported empty until you get to the range or back home. Same for rifles, but 10 round limit.

oh, that makes sense

No one follows the rule, just like no one registered their evil killing machines.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#31]

More fancy swine?
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/1000002254-3305370.jpg

First corn of the season from my hometown.  It never fails to impress.  Sweet as sugar and as always the best medium to transfer unhealthy amounts of butter and salt into my mouth.

More fancy swine?

The last of it.  I'm pretty done with it for a bit.  Incredibly delicious and cheaper still than prime beef but time for a change.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Cheese not rice.
View Quote

Ah well that's acceptable then.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Yeah, they sold them at concession stands as a kid.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#34]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/1000002255-3305556.jpg
View Quote

Seems fair to me.

And a cool Pic
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#35]

I don't think I've had any since middle school.
View Quote

I made some for a knife pic, last year I think
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

Where is the leak?
View Quote

Valve cover gasket in an area that's already busy with intake manifold and hoses.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Reubjames:

Cutting edge on these is ~2.75” and front edge of bolster to blade tip is 2.95” or so. The buyer is happy with those dimension. I’m going to shoot for exactly 2.9” from tip to bolster by grinding it just a tad shorter to give him just a little more factor of safety.
View Quote

Pro move
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Apparently they forgot to tell you not to drink it on ice though.
View Quote

Hahaha. Weird placement.

Although the cold Boba tea was nice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Coffee shop, just a few minutes ago. There she was, gone.
Why the owner felt it was a good idea to go to the toilet, leaving her laptop in a busy room where it could be easily removed is beyond me. It was made worse because when I peeked around the screen, it was also not locked.
With so much hubub going around the security community at the moment around security awareness the lazy conclusion would be that all users are idiots and need their hand held all the time before they hurt themselves with their private data. Of course it is never that simple, even if users are all idiots, but it is no less infuriating to see this kind of attitude in practice. Where do we go from here in trying to avoid this?
I know people that think you should take your devices everywhere, especially the bathroom, call it the shitter surprise. It really does make sense. When in a public place such as a cafe, train, strip club, etc. and you need the toilet or a break, take your equipment with you! It is a simple phrase that sticks in the mind, makes you smile and therefore might actually make someone change their behavior.
On the subject of humour, there was a cartoon very recently that summed this up perfectly. But no time for that mid ramble.
The point is that this individual who left herself logged in could have had untold damage done to her personal and professional reputation if I was so inclined. Facebook posts, Tweets, work emails, Amazon orders, OnlyFans rep ruined etc could all potentially have caused her grief. Sure, after the fact she could probably “tidy up” the mess, but why put yourself in this position? Lost subscribers are hard to get back. The public is fickle.
In the security awareness debates, system design is often touted as the way ahead, and in actual fact I think this may have come to the aid of our hapless coffee drinker, if she was lucky. The laptop itself looks like a new Mac Pro. That would mean FileVault is installed, although not enabled by default. If it was enabled and I ran out of the cafe with her laptop chances are when I sat down at the nearest park bench to check my prize the laptop would have locked and required a password. There is a good chance there that her data would be secure and encrypted. The same would be true if it was a newer windows laptop. The problem here though is that the key phrase above is “not enabled by default”. It’s great these operating systems now come with encryption built in, but there aren’t even annoying prompts a la Microsoft that, for instance, I don’t have an anti virus program installed; it is left entirely to the user to be educated and security savvy enough to enable it. I have joked before that encryption today is at the same level of anti virus of twenty years ago (ahem, Dr Zhivago). Today, I would wager virtually everyone knows about anti-virus, and in fact it is often bundled and enabled by default on new laptops. (I am not going to take this opportunity to talk about the efficacy of anti virus as an endpoint protector, but in sum we are all screwed if we don't practice safe surfing). When will encryption become such a commodity that you are an oddity if you don’t have it? The time is now.
This isn’t a particularly racy topic, but it is one that is played out every day around the world. As every teacher will tell you, when you get the fundamentals right, the rest will follow far more easily. This person really should have known better, but when will we be at a point that she wouldn’t have had to? Is adding enabled encryption just one more step towards the nanny state taking over every aspect of our lives, or is it just best practice.
Feeling a lesson still needed to be taught, rather than stealing the computer, or ruining the person's digital life, I tripped a kid walking by who spilled his triple shot venti caramel oat milk latte all over the keyboard of the lonely computer. Kid looked like as big a moron as the computer owner, so win win win. Just stop Harold, too much fun will ruin you. And that's when we heard the smell.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Valve cover gasket in an area that's already busy with intake manifold and hoses.
View Quote

Nice. The UV dye can be a real game changer sometimes, especially on stuff that's been leaking a while.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I wasn't picking sides, but sorry, that was pretty funny
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#42]
... And that's when we heard the smell.
View Quote

That's enough bourbon for you tonight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Why the owner felt it was a good idea to go to the toilet, leaving her laptop in a busy room where it could be easily removed is beyond me. It was made worse because when I peeked around the screen, it was also not locked.
With so much hubub going around the security community at the moment around security awareness the lazy conclusion would be that all users are idiots and need their hand held all the time before they hurt themselves with their private data. Of course it is never that simple, even if users are all idiots, but it is no less infuriating to see this kind of attitude in practice. Where do we go from here in trying to avoid this?
I know people that think you should take your devices everywhere, especially the bathroom, call it the shitter surprise. It really does make sense. When in a public place such as a cafe, train, strip club, etc. and you need the toilet or a break, take your equipment with you! It is a simple phrase that sticks in the mind, makes you smile and therefore might actually make someone change their behavior.
On the subject of humour, there was a cartoon very recently that summed this up perfectly. But no time for that mid ramble.
The point is that this individual who left herself logged in could have had untold damage done to her personal and professional reputation if I was so inclined. Facebook posts, Tweets, work emails, Amazon orders, OnlyFans rep ruined etc could all potentially have caused her grief. Sure, after the fact she could probably “tidy up” the mess, but why put yourself in this position? Lost subscribers are hard to get back. The public is fickle.
In the security awareness debates, system design is often touted as the way ahead, and in actual fact I think this may have come to the aid of our hapless coffee drinker, if she was lucky. The laptop itself looks like a new Mac Pro. That would mean FileVault is installed, although not enabled by default. If it was enabled and I ran out of the cafe with her laptop chances are when I sat down at the nearest park bench to check my prize the laptop would have locked and required a password. There is a good chance there that her data would be secure and encrypted. The same would be true if it was a newer windows laptop. The problem here though is that the key phrase above is “not enabled by default”. It’s great these operating systems now come with encryption built in, but there aren’t even annoying prompts a la Microsoft that, for instance, I don’t have an anti virus program installed; it is left entirely to the user to be educated and security savvy enough to enable it. I have joked before that encryption today is at the same level of anti virus of twenty years ago (ahem, Dr Zhivago). Today, I would wager virtually everyone knows about anti-virus, and in fact it is often bundled and enabled by default on new laptops. (I am not going to take this opportunity to talk about the efficacy of anti virus as an endpoint protector, but in sum we are all screwed if we don't practice safe surfing). When will encryption become such a commodity that you are an oddity if you don’t have it? The time is now.
This isn’t a particularly racy topic, but it is one that is played out every day around the world. As every teacher will tell you, when you get the fundamentals right, the rest will follow far more easily. This person really should have known better, but when will we be at a point that she wouldn’t have had to? Is adding enabled encryption just one more step towards the nanny state taking over every aspect of our lives, or is it just best practice.
Feeling a lesson still needed to be taught, rather than stealing the computer, or ruining the person's digital life, I tripped a kid walking by who spilled his triple shot venti caramel oat milk latte all over the keyboard of the lonely computer. Kid looked like as big a moron as the computer owner, so win win win. Just stop Harold, too much fun will ruin you. And that's when we heard the smell.
View Quote

TL:DR. Let's get to the only info people here want to know.  WHEN are all of our new Shiros coming?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

They say you're as old as you feel; so you guys aren't far off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#45]

TL:DR. Let's get to the only info people here want to know.  WHEN are all of our new Shiros coming?
View Quote
You should've received a email with tracking.

Mine'll be here Thursday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

View Quote

What'd you guys get?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#47]

What'd you guys get?
View All Quotes

What'd you guys get?

I don't know exactly which model.  WIC found someone slippin' with an unattended and unlocked laptop.  To teach her a lesson on how to better protect one's PII, he took trip through Recon One and bought us gifts.  So generous of him as usual.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:48:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Nice. The UV dye can be a real game changer sometimes, especially on stuff that's been leaking a while.
View All Quotes

We have multiple color dyes so we can dump them in different systems and see which one is actually leaking.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#50]

What'd you guys get?
View Quote
You'll have to wait and see.
Page / 3280
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top