View Quote
 ^ my friend!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WICOUNSEL:

https://i.imgur.com/zeUZGRi.gif
View Quote

Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Gulso and Weller. The Archer font gets to me.
View Quote

First time I've had the Weller, good but not great.  I'll have to try the Jefferson's tonight if work doesn't get in the way.  I also need to open the Dickel and Blanton's I forgot I tossed those in what has become the whiskey cabinet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:14:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#3]
The more I drink of Buffalo Trace products, they are good, even very good, for their intended price point.

If you can't get them at their intended price point or slightly above, not worth it. Too many other good options.

That is to say, I agree with you. I paid too much for my first bottle of Wellers. It was good, but not worth what I paid.

I do like the Jefferson's Ocean (not a fan of regular Jeffersons), but again, for the price point, I feel like there is better value out there. More novelty with that one.

I like the Jefferson's Ocean wheated...I should drink some of that next to the Woodford Reserve Wheated now that I have it, see if the JO still holds up against the WR that costs less than half as much.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Elroy_Lobo:

I had an accident with the Ace Sonoma you sold me this morning

Getting out of my truck at the post office it was on my lap as I was cutting a box, it fell to the ground popped open as it bounced up landed vertically on the tip and snapped the tip just a tiny bit.

View Quote

I don't really collect, everything I have needs to be eligible for use. If it doesn't do something specific for me or fit a specific role, it is time to move it on.

Now, that being said, anything that comes in my door comes in for a reason and I am a good steward of it until it finds it's proper home. I am passionate about my little hobby and even the ones that are sent on, a piece of me goes with them.

By carelessly tossing my little friend out the door onto the harsh hot pavement, it is as though you slapped me in the face.

I trusted you. I thought you were a reasonable candidate to take care of that piece of my soul. And you sullied it. Such disrespect.

This likely hurts me more than you.

I must go find a handkerchief now...
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Justabulletaway:

Dude, I ain't above whipping out my pocket knife and cutting a steak in a restaurant. A good steak deserves a good knife.
View Quote

Oh I've done it too.

And listened to my knife scrape against ceramic. If only they realized the glory of paper..... If only...
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Justabulletaway:

Man, my butta groove Hinderer could come in handy in that shot.
View Quote

Yep. Nothing like a bacon grease stash for your snack
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
https://i.imgur.com/s8bqNuZ.jpg
View Quote

Fancy. Did you ever render your verdict on the Russels Bourbon?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#8]

I had an accident with the Ace Sonoma you sold me this morning

Getting out of my truck at the post office it was on my lap as I was cutting a box, it fell to the ground popped open as it bounced up landed vertically on the tip and snapped the tip just a tiny bit.

View Quote

Ouch. A Tiny bit should be fixable though.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone make a G10 or equivalent, M4 bladed, axis lock knife other than Benchmade?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
Need to catch back up, I've fallen behind. Damn yard work.

https://i.imgur.com/5jjDr45.jpg
View Quote

I too use a Gulso for yard work.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Same here, I was a bit surprised when I took it out of the box. I really like it so far, though.

After binging on ZT it was pretty easy to pick out a few keepers and let the rest go. It's going to be harder to do that with the Emersons.
View Quote

It's like Survivor but with knives.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1776-1865_RIP:
Anyone make a G10 or equivalent, M4 bladed, axis lock knife other than Benchmade?
View Quote

An interesting question...very specific.

Simple answer, only aware of the Spyderco Manix being offered in M4 with G10 and Axis style lock. And those are sprints/exclusives. Perhaps only from that certain knife seller, who shall not be named here, that opens their doors to people stealing customer financial information.

More complicated answer, why M4?

M4 is fine, but rusts fairly easily. One of the big benefits of M4 is the toughness, but anything folder size, is it really necessary? Most would say no.

S45VN, Elmax and a number of others have similar edge retention and less toughness than M4 but still a healthy amount in a stainless steel. Both would be much easier to find, S45VN in particular on a folding knife these days.  

You might also find 4V or another similar tool steel in a sprint run that would have similar characteristics.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Fancy. Did you ever render your verdict on the Russels Bourbon?
View Quote

Yes, but have not shared. I feel like I should test it against one other before saying anything and I have so many bottles open I don't want to open that other one just now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#14]

The only El Camino I specifically recall is one that belonged to an old farmer from the little town (pop. ~700) where I grew up. Every summer he'd fill the bed with sweet corn most every day and park it on main street. Help yourself.

He eventually stopped, because shitheads started loading up their trunks/truck beds and parking out on the highway selling it to passers-by. Assholes.
View Quote

Only takes a couple of jerks to ruin it for everyone.

Sounds like a cool dude living the El Camino life though. I want to be there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:33:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#15]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
First car I ever bought was a used 70's Ford Ranchero. Same as an El Camino just different brand. New England winter salt and a crazy teen driver (me) killed it rather quickly. Great, fun car though.
Today's carry:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/B955-26-21_JPG-1955829.JPG
View Quote

I can see the back end getting squirrely on slick roads.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 1:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#16]

I can see the back end getting squirrely on slick roads.

View Quote

Yes. It was very light in the turns. Boss 302 engine also. Very fast. Not a good car to learn how to drive with. Although it did teach me how to maneuver in the snow.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 1:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#17]
After 3 hours of prep and 1 hour of ceramic coating. Check out the reflection! (Made it knife related.)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:01:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#18]
Mine looked like this new. I should try to find one again. I grenaded the engine and replaced it with a Boss 351 engine. It was almost as fast as my 71 Corvette!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#20]
After 3 hours of prep and 1 hour of ceramic coating. Check out the reflection! (Made it knife related.)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/ceramicB95_JPG-1956179.JPG
View Quote

Are those sox with sandals?

Looks good. You can do my car next. I’ll pay you in beer after you’re done.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:39:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTR_Warlord] [#21]

I don't really collect, everything I have needs to be eligible for use. If it doesn't do something specific for me or fit a specific role, it is time to move it on.

Now, that being said, anything that comes in my door comes in for a reason and I am a good steward of it until it finds it's proper home. I am passionate about my little hobby and even the ones that are sent on, a piece of me goes with them.

By carelessly tossing my little friend out the door onto the harsh hot pavement, it is as though you slapped me in the face.

I trusted you. I thought you were a reasonable candidate to take care of that piece of my soul. And you sullied it. Such disrespect.

This likely hurts me more than you.

I must go find a handkerchief now...
View Quote

I think it can be saved I did call Ace to attempt the purchase of a replacement blade. They wouldn’t sell me one….

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#22]

I think it can be saved I did call Ace to attempt the purchase of a replacement blade. They wouldn’t sell me one….
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476203/D729A055-E6EF-45FB-9E22-D873A1C650AC-1956239.jpg
View Quote

Oh that's no big deal at all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Miercoles Maxamet

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Nice!! I’ve still got to do mine in the next couple of weeks. I’ve got brake dust all over my damn paint. It’s gonna be hell with the clay bar.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

I won't show you my truck. It's spent two weeks on landscaping duty. 2 full loads of topsoil, and then grass clippings. Just got the last of those emptied out last night. And the right mirror is currently being held in the cowl (or whatever you call it) by blue tape wrapped around the whole assembly.

I learned that a bed full of good quality blended topsoil is probably too much for a half ton pickup. Didn't stop me from doing it again though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sledhead907:

Are those sox with sandals?

Looks good. You can do my car next. I’ll pay you in beer after you’re done.
View Quote

LOL!  No those are two colored sneakers and I am not allowed beer or any type of alcohol due to my meds. I will except coffee and tacos though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I like shiny. nice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#28]

That's one of those where I always liked certain design elements, but knew it wasn't my style and therefore not a keeper.

How are you liking it?

You got two of them right?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#29]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476203/D729A055-E6EF-45FB-9E22-D873A1C650AC-1956239.jpg
View Quote

pfffffttt!

That's nothin.

Drag it on the concrete like your DPX and it should come right out.

Joking aside, I have dropped a few over the years that have slipped threw my hands and I always cringe as I go to pick them up. I feel for ya.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#30]

That's one of those where I always liked certain design elements, but knew it wasn't my style and therefore not a keeper.

How are you liking it?

You got two of them right?
View Quote

had two, ended up selling the all titanium one. just slightly too heavy for my liking, maybe not too heavy, more of a rear heaviness i didnt like.

overall i really like the knife.

its a slicey fucker for how thick the blade is. super deep dish hollow grind helps.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#31]

pfffffttt!

That's nothin.

Joking aside, I have dropped a few over the years that have slipped threw my hands and I always cringe as I go to pick them up. I feel for ya.
View Quote

Haha man my DPX I still cringe when I look at it. So what happened with that knife is I used the lansky sharpener backwards the first time I used it. Should have read the instructions
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I like slicey.

I got a thick slicey one today. Shiny too.

We will see.

For now

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Haha man my DPX I still cringe when I look at it. So what happened with that knife is I used the lansky sharpener backwards the first time I used it. Should have read the instructions
View Quote

I’m trying to visualize this, and can’t.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I inserted the aluminum rod from top rather than the bottom.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#35]
We've done guns on cats, have we done knives on cats?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Had a morning coffee meeting with one of the other members of a nonprofit board and the vent hole on my coffee lid was not venting so I pulled my knife out to ream  it out a bit. The other guy said he'd been getting into knives the last couple of months and really liked my knife, is it a Civivi? Um, no, it's not.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Had a morning coffee meeting with one of the other members of a nonprofit board and the vent hole on my coffee lid was not venting so I pulled my knife out to ream  it out a bit. The other guy said he'd been getting into knives the last couple of months and really liked my knife, is it a Civivi? Um, no, it's not.

https://i.imgur.com/5G5UULsh.jpg
View Quote

You sure that ain't a elementum?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Pretty sure.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#39]

[1296] Slashing Loctote’s “Slash Resistant” Bag
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#40]
My new slicey-dicey is in the maily-whaley.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

pfffffttt!

That's nothin.

How do you use a Lansky backwards? Trying to sharpen the spine?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476203/455C0557-D2D2-46A0-AE0A-04DF3EFC83C4-1956430.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476203/455C0557-D2D2-46A0-AE0A-04DF3EFC83C4-1956430.jpg

Ah
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

still took me a couple minutes, but I think I understand now ( I'm not stupid, just never used that type of set up, well, I might be stupid too)

I wouldn't think that would be the end of the world though, just not getting the intended degrees. Little extra reprofile work.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#45]

https://i.imgur.com/5G5UULsh.jpg
View Quote

Most of these guys won't either unless you tell them/remind them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Most of these guys won't either unless you tell them/remind them.
View Quote

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:

That cat looks pissed AF.
View Quote

He always looks pissed lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53pWTaIcJqQ
View Quote

Him trying not to laugh really was the best part.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#50]
At the park with the kids and another not a Civivi.

Page / 3284
Top Top