Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3287
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rbb2:

The green was mostly roasted out, and my phone didn't pick up the little bit that was left apparently.

Don't know if that's a great idea, I can't get the raffle tool to work on my new phone so I can't really raffle expensive stuff until I figure that out. I can do $300 and under any time, but over that has to be put in the queue and when you're up you have to be able to run it immediately. Doesn't really work if I can only do it from my desk.
View Quote

Color blind.

So your phone is failing if it’s essential purpose…

86 it
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:

I don't know what is so funny about the Taco's
But at least I'm not afraid to say what State I'm from.
View Quote

Not a dig at you. I read the thread outside the United States as I was eating cabeza tacos. I found your tacos a comical example of the perfect made at home rendition of a taco bell taco. The juxtaposition of your Wisconsin tacos against the mexican cabeza tacos was entertaining.

FWIW I don’t put a state because in the time since registering on arfcom I’ve lived in over 20 areas in 3 countries. Currently I’m in my 6th place in the last 5 years...
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Took WIC's advise on the wall - boy do these new power washers do a nice job!

Before:
https://i.imgur.com/HrwC2yh.jpg

After:
https://i.imgur.com/HEvA5TK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JJP2gue.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif

Lots of good backgrounds for knife pics now - 3" of snow today (was not welcome)

https://i.imgur.com/BUlqd2L.jpg
View Quote

I like the look of the dirty wall. It has character. The power washed wall looks too sterile.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Wait, is that really you?

No Platanos Fritos con Frijoles Negros y Crema?
View Quote

Yes. That’s seriously awesome breakfast food.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WIC:

I just lost whatever respect I might have had for your tastes. Fried plantains are great.
View Quote

Fried plantain is delicious.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]

I remembered how much I liked the look when you posted again recently so found an unsold one from a couple week old post on Reddit and made an offer. It reminds me a lot of the gooseworks in looks, but a bit smaller and a bit better put together. Really excellent precision feel to it.

Going to need to get serious about selling some knives, but I think I'll keep that one. Blew my load today.

No tongue. Roasted poblano peppers stuffed with chorizo, black beans and rotel, then smothered in Hatch enchilada sauce and queso fresco.
View Quote

Hatch. . I was in hatch nm a while back. The damn town closes down at 2pm. I was so excited to eat some food in hatch and I pulled into town at 2:05pm. Imagine my surprise when the only place still open only served hamburgers. I didn’t daydream about hamburgers on the way to hatch nm. I was wanting some chile verde. Only to be sirely dissatisfied.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

Yes. His place looks pretty cool. Some of the houses I've looked at online aren't too close to there though. The couple of really interesting ones are farther north.

Does rural Wisconsin have methbillys?  I'd hate to be the new guy/outsider in a methbilly community should our country decide to continue it's slide into "interesting times".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Did you talk to @Kuraki yet?

Yes. His place looks pretty cool. Some of the houses I've looked at online aren't too close to there though. The couple of really interesting ones are farther north.

Does rural Wisconsin have methbillys?  I'd hate to be the new guy/outsider in a methbilly community should our country decide to continue it's slide into "interesting times".

Kuraki's part of Wisconsin is absolutely beautiful.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:27:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

View Quote

I like the looks of it. I've never really had an opportunity to spend any time in hardwood forests. It's all for trees around here unless you're in a wet area, then it's alders and cottonwood.

I may die in the winter though.

View Quote

That's pretty crazy if that's legit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:06:56 AM EDT
[#10]

I like the looks of it. I've never really had an opportunity to spend any time in hardwood forests. It's all for trees around here unless you're in a wet area, then it's alders and cottonwood.

View All Quotes

A buddy and I drove up....during a blizzard.
Seriously.

It was cold AF....

But absolutely beautiful.

WIC is right about the small town vibe but with plenty of bigger city stuff nearby.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:43:40 AM EDT
[#11]
60 degrees and sun today. Good day to do some food shopping and then hang out on the front porch. WIC's 110 looked so good I decided to take mine today.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

The scenery where he does his outdoor shoots is really nice.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Did this

https://i.imgur.com/ZsApdZEh.jpg

Then this

https://i.imgur.com/D8jBRVXh.jpg

Then this

https://i.imgur.com/W6ph4Luh.jpg

And finally this

https://i.imgur.com/SBV9Sfmh.jpg

It pains me to admit that the cow is right, this knife is fantastic.
View Quote

Would smash.

You skinned the peppers, right?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh, I was going to send you mine to check out when I return yours. Guess I don't need to now.

Tongue?
View Quote

What tongues do you eat that are green?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
60 degrees and sun today. Good day to do some food shopping and then hang out on the front porch. WIC's 110 looked so good I decided to take mine today.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/carry4-11-22_JPG-2345201.JPG
View Quote

Lucky. We had this

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#16]
My MK1 dagger with bayonet grind. This configuration is very popular:

" />
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Would smash.

You skinned the peppers, right?
View Quote

No, have never felt the need to. I guess I could try next time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Yes and no.  I mean, from my perspective, I was born and raised here, moved around a bit then came back.  From my view it's not really a problem compared to the way people talk about it in other states on the forum.  Like the guy who can't keep trailers from being stolen or vehicles being constantly broken in to.  Yeah, we have our own drug/thief group of people, but from my perspective it's not really a concern or problem.  There's 2 people I know of who had a vehicle broken in to, and one of them was unlocked.  I've never had a vehicle broken in to.  In fact the only time I've ever had something stolen from me it was an Amish (stole a single bottom horse drawn plow out of my yard after I refused to sell it to him).

Talk to my buddy who's a detective and you'll get a different perspective, but that's probably the same everywhere.

As far as being an "outsider" you could ask @InquisitiveSpaniard what his take is.  From my perception it's not really a thing unless you're from Chicago and are just mystified and aghast that we don't live exactly the way you did in Chicago and levy to turn us in to that.  Those people tend to get the cold shoulder.  But I may be a bad one to ask because I assume people think about it the way I do, which is I don't really give a shit where you're from, what color you are, who you know, who your daddy is/was, what your native language is as long as you speak passable english, who you fuck (as long as it's a consenting adult) - IF you generally align with what I consider makes a "generally good person."  IE you're not about entitlements, leftism, and are more or less live-and-let-live, I'll get along with you just fine.  There's definitely cliquish shit that goes on here, I've just never really participated in it because I think it's stupid.  But while I've been an outsider to those cliques I've never really been the "new guy."

Should our country slide into interesting times I have no intent of bugging "out" anywhere if that says anything.  Far prefer my chances banding together with most of the people here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
It's funny because I'm sure there's excessive drinking on Lake Winnebago.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Seriously.

It was cold AF....

WIC is right about the small town vibe but with plenty of bigger city stuff nearby.

View All Quotes

Seriously.

It was cold AF....

That was just a spring blizzard
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Kuraki:
It's funny because I'm sure there's excessive drinking on Lake Winnebago.

I was just coming to say this.

Probably more excessive drinking on the lakes than anywhere.

Someone better correct their meme. That's libel.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes and no.  I mean, from my perspective, I was born and raised here, moved around a bit then came back.  From my view it's not really a problem compared to the way people talk about it in other states on the forum.  Like the guy who can't keep trailers from being stolen or vehicles being constantly broken in to.  Yeah, we have our own drug/thief group of people, but from my perspective it's not really a concern or problem.  There's 2 people I know of who had a vehicle broken in to, and one of them was unlocked.  I've never had a vehicle broken in to.  In fact the only time I've ever had something stolen from me it was an Amish (stole a single bottom horse drawn plow out of my yard after I refused to sell it to him).

Talk to my buddy who's a detective and you'll get a different perspective, but that's probably the same everywhere.

As far as being an "outsider" you could ask @InquisitiveSpaniard what his take is.  From my perception it's not really a thing unless you're from Chicago and are just mystified and aghast that we don't live exactly the way you did in Chicago and levy to turn us in to that.  Those people tend to get the cold shoulder.  But I may be a bad one to ask because I assume people think about it the way I do, which is I don't really give a shit where you're from, what color you are, who you know, who your daddy is/was, what your native language is as long as you speak passable english, who you fuck (as long as it's a consenting adult) - IF you generally align with what I consider makes a "generally good person."  IE you're not about entitlements, leftism, and are more or less live-and-let-live, I'll get along with you just fine.  There's definitely cliquish shit that goes on here, I've just never really participated in it because I think it's stupid.  But while I've been an outsider to those cliques I've never really been the "new guy."

Should our country slide into interesting times I have no intent of bugging "out" anywhere if that says anything.  Far prefer my chances banding together with most of the people here.
View Quote

And to be fair, IS is probably an outsider wherever he goes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By maleante:

Not a dig at you. I read the thread outside the United States as I was eating cabeza tacos. I found your tacos a comical example of the perfect made at home rendition of a taco bell taco. The juxtaposition of your Wisconsin tacos against the mexican cabeza tacos was entertaining.

FWIW I don’t put a state because in the time since registering on arfcom I’ve lived in over 20 areas in 3 countries. Currently I’m in my 6th place in the last 5 years...
View Quote

So are you moved now, or just on assignment?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I think a big part of my issue looking at places is that I feel like I only get to do this once and I want it to be perfect. I think both of those are wrong, I just have to work it out in my head.  My wife thinks we should just go ahead and sell the house, buy a trailer and spend a couple of months (and stick to a strict financial budget) traveling to spend time in the places that we think we may be Interested in.  I'd love that kind of vacation but it's not without risks.

Is it wrong that you getting a horse drawn plow stolen by an Amish dude is hilarious to me?  Just seems very unlikely and ironic. Is there a large Amish population there?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#25]
So are you moved now, or just on assignment?
View Quote

Assignments but required to move. Sometimes a move move, other times maintaining two residences depending on the area.  

Latest move was an elective move move and is a much needed lifestyle change.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#26]

I think a big part of my issue looking at places is that I feel like I only get to do this once and I want it to be perfect. I think both of those are wrong, I just have to work it out in my head.  My wife thinks we should just go ahead and sell the house, buy a trailer and spend a couple of months (and stick to a strict financial budget) traveling to spend time in the places that we think we may be Interested in.  I'd love that kind of vacation but it's not without risks.

Is it wrong that you getting a horse drawn plow stolen by an Amish dude is hilarious to me?  Just seems very unlikely and ironic. Is there a large Amish population there?
View Quote

Some insight on having to relocate a ridiculous amount of times: some places I had to move to were horrible but we made it work. There were some places where we moved into the area and after a period of time we realized that the particular locale was not working so we moved again in the general area. This happened when we didn’t have time to research the areas. Since what you’re doing is a permanent relocation then spending some time living in the area seems like a wise idea because you won’t have the luxury of a “redo”. You might not be able to get it perfect but you should want to get it as close to perfect as possible. Last parting thiught is that we moved somewhere that looked perfect. We really thought it was going to be great. On paper it was, but in actuality it was not, not even close. A permanent move to somewhere you’re unfamiliar with is sort of a gamble. Give yourself the advantage of checking it out for an extended period before acting. My .02 suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By maleante:

Some insight on having to relocate a ridiculous amount of times: some places I had to move to were horrible but we made it work. There were some places where we moved into the area and after a period of time we realized that the particular locale was not working so we moved again in the general area. This happened when we didn’t have time to research the areas. Since what you’re doing is a permanent relocation then spending some time living in the area seems like a wise idea because you won’t have the luxury of a “redo”. You might not be able to get it perfect but you should want to get it as close to perfect as possible. Last parting thiught is that we moved somewhere that looked perfect. We really thought it was going to be great. On paper it was, but in actuality it was not, not even close. A permanent move to somewhere you’re unfamiliar with is sort of a gamble. Give yourself the advantage of checking it out for an extended period before acting. My .02 suggestions.
View Quote

This makes a lot of sense.  I'm used to being kind of grounded by knowing where home was when I used to travel for work a lot more.   I think the uncertainty that seems to be in most people's minds right now is a factor on me having the warm/fuzzies about living in an RV for a few months while we try to find out where we want to be. Like we're going to be stuck in the RV as the country turns into a post apocalyptic wasteland. Lol. In reality, with my job history I shouldn't have an issue being able to at least make some money if we decide to stop somewhere for a few months to get a feel for things before moving on or finding more agreeable housing if we want to stay somewhere longer.

Sorry for the derail, here's a picture of Ole' faithful to get us back in track:Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

The Amish are gangsters. Go watch Banshee.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Big enough.  I'll put it this way, I don't agree with GD's canonization of them as model hardworking pure folk as a rule.  They're people like the rest of us and do just as much fucked up shit as the rest of us at the same rate imo.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I believe it. I've never been around any Amish, so I don't really know what to think about them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:

The Amish are gangsters. Go watch Banshee.
View Quote

old school
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#32]

This makes a lot of sense.  I'm used to being kind of grounded by knowing where home was when I used to travel for work a lot more.   I think the uncertainty that seems to be in most people's minds right now is a factor on me having the warm/fuzzies about living in an RV for a few months while we try to find out where we want to be. Like we're going to be stuck in the RV as the country turns into a post apocalyptic wasteland. Lol. In reality, with my job history I shouldn't have an issue being able to at least make some money if we decide to stop somewhere for a few months to get a feel for things before moving on or finding more agreeable housing if we want to stay somewhere longer.

Sorry for the derail, here's a picture of Ole' faithful to get us back in track:https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG3588_JPG-2345593.JPG
View Quote

This is a fake picture, or doctored.

10mm isn't missing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#33]

This is a fake picture, or doctored.

10mm isn't missing.
View Quote

Somewhere along the way I have managed to misplace my entire 1/4" drive, shallow 12pt metric set, so there is a missing 10mm. Lol
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Gentlemen,
What current production Emerson would have the closest handle size and shape to a Hattin?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#35]

I remembered how much I liked the look when you posted again recently so found an unsold one from a couple week old post on Reddit and made an offer. It reminds me a lot of the gooseworks in looks, but a bit smaller and a bit better put together. Really excellent precision feel to it.

Going to need to get serious about selling some knives, but I think I'll keep that one. Blew my load today.

No tongue. Roasted poblano peppers stuffed with chorizo, black beans and rotel, then smothered in Hatch enchilada sauce and queso fresco.
View Quote

Sounds great.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Probably a Hattin? Get your name on the list to be notified when they come back.

The 15 is close. Combat System Fighter too. Both still smaller overall compared to the Hattin, but similar in the grip area.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Can't embed mp4. Cool clip though. That's a fresh meal!
https://i.imgur.com/HtiTh3z.mp4
View Quote

That is cool.

At work we get to see a lot of wildlife, it's lots of fun.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#38]

The green was mostly roasted out, and my phone didn't pick up the little bit that was left apparently.

Don't know if that's a great idea, I can't get the raffle tool to work on my new phone so I can't really raffle expensive stuff until I figure that out. I can do $300 and under any time, but over that has to be put in the queue and when you're up you have to be able to run it immediately. Doesn't really work if I can only do it from my desk.
View Quote

I see the green he's just weird.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

That's real winter.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I see the green he's just weird.
View Quote

Fair point.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/carry4-11-22_JPG-2345201.JPG
View Quote

Porch and porn?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Probably a Hattin? Get your name on the list to be notified when they come back.

The 15 is close. Combat System Fighter too. Both still smaller overall compared to the Hattin, but similar in the grip area.
View Quote

I looked through what was listed on the site and the 15 was the only thing that looked kind of similar, bit still different enough I didn't want to recommend it since I haven't handled one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#43]
I have one.

It's for sale if you want it

(It's still not as awesome as the Hattin)
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#44]
New relaxing outside furniture. 110 is on the table. Grabbed another shot with knife.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I have one.

View Quote

LMAO I'm out of the market for now. But if anyone wants a Tiger, roadhouse, horseman, a fancy pen, or a few other things...
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#46]
carbon fibre

" />
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I have one.

View Quote
How often do they get released? I tried to search and could come up with 2014& 2017. That is about my luck. Been hitting all the blade forums, ebay etc...One popped up on ebay for $650 buy it now. It disappeared in less than a day ( I think it was inside 12 hours Honestly). I just have a fever for Emerson, don't even know why. Just like the way the Kwaiken and the Hattin look! On the list, so I am waiting!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Woodsmen

" />
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By reb0957:
How often do they get released? I tried to search and could come up with 2014& 2017. That is about my luck. Been hitting all the blade forums, ebay etc...One popped up on ebay for $650 buy it now. It disappeared in less than a day ( I think it was inside 12 hours Honestly). I just have a fever for Emerson, don't even know why. Just like the way the Kwaiken and the Hattin look! On the list, so I am waiting!
View Quote

Prior Hattin releases were extremely limited exclusive runs.  Handfuls  released. Those tend to go for more.

The most recent Hattin release was the first “production” run. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when Emerson does new runs, but the fact it is still on the website means it is promising there will be another.

Join The Emerson FB groups. Most traffic for Emersons probably.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Less porch and porny
Page / 3287
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top