User Panel

Page / 3287
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By knoxtnshooter:
Does your nose run 24/7 or something?
View Quote

No. I had sinus surgery couple years ago and that isn't an issue as much.

But I still have two kids and a wife that has sniffles all the time.

Besides that, a cool hank does so much more than just wipe noses. Kids use them all the time for a variety of things, as do I.

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
I was ambitious today:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/bakingdayBL95_JPG-2346798.JPG
View Quote
Man, I love that blue, gets to me every time!
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I was ambitious today:
View Quote

Not a fan of cookies with raisins but I’d eat those. Looks good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:03:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#5]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
My Appalachian is off to Colwell for scales
View Quote

Nice. Post pics.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#6]
Yeah, looks cool, I like it.

I just bought my first aviator watch - arriving Fri. I hope.

View Quote

Nice. Post pics.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WIC:
@inquisitive_spaniard, come on, stop being difficult, how are you adjusting to life here.

View Quote

@wic

I love it here but I’m sick in the head. Kinda hard being without the fam for nearly r months. House hunting has been…..trying.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, that got me too. Can't use a tractor, but stealing is okay
View Quote
He was already rationalizing it when he tried to buy it.  "But you're not even going to use it."

I said sure I am, I'm going to make a mailbox out of it.  That was probably sinful or some shit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Besides that, a cool hank does so much more than just wipe noses. Kids use them all the time for a variety of things, as do I.

https://i.imgur.com/eYrzNKt.jpg
View Quote

Man. That hank with the plague doctor knife would have been the best 2020 commemorative EDC set ever.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]
https://i.imgur.com/GQyYWIf.jpg
View Quote

I think when I switch careers I'm going to match my hank to my bolo tie
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
https://i.imgur.com/THu7gso.jpg
View Quote

Scooby doo
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DFARM:
Really off topic but there was a lot of the same folks.

What happened to the made in the USA thread?  I have something to add
View Quote

It turns out for a bunch of supposed  "muh America" types here at Arf, they really just like buying Chinese stuff.

JABA was doing us a service.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:

I just had no idea they were up that high.
View Quote

It's why I haven’t made the Halal Hattin.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Hear, hear!
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

View Quote

Much more "man of the people" than the whole pocket square matching the necktie thing.

I think the most authentic would be to forego matching entirely, and just carry a thin, white cotton (I assume) handkerchief like my grandpa always had in his back pocket.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]

It turns out for a bunch of supposed  "muh America" types here at Arf, they really just like buying Chinese stuff.

View Quote

Yeah, and then they'll justify it by saying that you're posting from a chinese phone or whatever. Because that's not a false equivalency at all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
He was already rationalizing it when he tried to buy it.  "But you're not even going to use it."

I said sure I am, I'm going to make a mailbox out of it.  That was probably sinful or some shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Yeah, that got me too. Can't use a tractor, but stealing is okay

"Yes, brother Jeremiah, it is a very good thing you did by freeing the plow from its wasteful and unjust enslavement as a yard ornament so it could return to God's work!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#19]
leave my name out of this
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Fucking right he was, but no, the man gotta try to hold him down. He was all like "AMERICA" and they was all like "hush now, we like cheap garbage" and he was like "LET'S SEE THE GOOD STUFF AND SUPPORT OUR PEOPLE" and they was like "fuck the people, we like cheap stuff"---"delete".

Ya know what I'm sayin?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Scooby doo
View Quote

Hell yeah

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes and no.  I mean, from my perspective, I was born and raised here, moved around a bit then came back.  From my view it's not really a problem compared to the way people talk about it in other states on the forum.  Like the guy who can't keep trailers from being stolen or vehicles being constantly broken in to.  Yeah, we have our own drug/thief group of people, but from my perspective it's not really a concern or problem.  There's 2 people I know of who had a vehicle broken in to, and one of them was unlocked.  I've never had a vehicle broken in to.  In fact the only time I've ever had something stolen from me it was an Amish (stole a single bottom horse drawn plow out of my yard after I refused to sell it to him).

Talk to my buddy who's a detective and you'll get a different perspective, but that's probably the same everywhere.

As far as being an "outsider" you could ask @InquisitiveSpaniard what his take is.  From my perception it's not really a thing unless you're from Chicago and are just mystified and aghast that we don't live exactly the way you did in Chicago and levy to turn us in to that.  Those people tend to get the cold shoulder.  But I may be a bad one to ask because I assume people think about it the way I do, which is I don't really give a shit where you're from, what color you are, who you know, who your daddy is/was, what your native language is as long as you speak passable english, who you fuck (as long as it's a consenting adult) - IF you generally align with what I consider makes a "generally good person."  IE you're not about entitlements, leftism, and are more or less live-and-let-live, I'll get along with you just fine.  There's definitely cliquish shit that goes on here, I've just never really participated in it because I think it's stupid.  But while I've been an outsider to those cliques I've never really been the "new guy."

Should our country slide into interesting times I have no intent of bugging "out" anywhere if that says anything.  Far prefer my chances banding together with most of the people here.
View All Quotes

Yes. His place looks pretty cool. Some of the houses I've looked at online aren't too close to there though. The couple of really interesting ones are farther north.

Does rural Wisconsin have methbillys?  I'd hate to be the new guy/outsider in a methbilly community should our country decide to continue it's slide into "interesting times".
Yes and no.  I mean, from my perspective, I was born and raised here, moved around a bit then came back.  From my view it's not really a problem compared to the way people talk about it in other states on the forum.  Like the guy who can't keep trailers from being stolen or vehicles being constantly broken in to.  Yeah, we have our own drug/thief group of people, but from my perspective it's not really a concern or problem.  There's 2 people I know of who had a vehicle broken in to, and one of them was unlocked.  I've never had a vehicle broken in to.  In fact the only time I've ever had something stolen from me it was an Amish (stole a single bottom horse drawn plow out of my yard after I refused to sell it to him).

Talk to my buddy who's a detective and you'll get a different perspective, but that's probably the same everywhere.

As far as being an "outsider" you could ask @InquisitiveSpaniard what his take is.  From my perception it's not really a thing unless you're from Chicago and are just mystified and aghast that we don't live exactly the way you did in Chicago and levy to turn us in to that.  Those people tend to get the cold shoulder.  But I may be a bad one to ask because I assume people think about it the way I do, which is I don't really give a shit where you're from, what color you are, who you know, who your daddy is/was, what your native language is as long as you speak passable english, who you fuck (as long as it's a consenting adult) - IF you generally align with what I consider makes a "generally good person."  IE you're not about entitlements, leftism, and are more or less live-and-let-live, I'll get along with you just fine.  There's definitely cliquish shit that goes on here, I've just never really participated in it because I think it's stupid.  But while I've been an outsider to those cliques I've never really been the "new guy."

Should our country slide into interesting times I have no intent of bugging "out" anywhere if that says anything.  Far prefer my chances banding together with most of the people here.

I totally missed this conversation. I live in a total shithole crack house as I await my family to come join me as soon as I find a house. In the nearly 4 months I’ve lived here I’ve: found meth in my newly rented apartment, watched a druggie take a piss at 4:30 am next to
My  car as I got in it to go to work. Watched another methbilly throw a 20lb chunk of concrete through their car window because they didn’t have the keys. Watched to people walking down the street barely clothed screaming at 0400 when it was -20.

I’m right in the middle of it so I see it a lot. The town is extremely small so these things get rather concentrated rather than being spread out over a big city. So I guess you see it more. I just shake my head like I’m watching Jerry or some shit.

Lol

I mean, I come from Norfolk, VA. That place is a shithole. At least we don’t have a dozen shootings and multiple murders every night. Everyone, even the dopers have been very nice here. for the most part everyone here is super down to earth and I’ve yet to have a hard time carrying a conversation with any of the locals. I think they’re intrigued with my general Eastern seaboard accent.

I love it here. I’d rather deal with the cold than it being hotter than Satan’s taint before 7am every day like southern GA.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Someone on imgur posts pics of "burgers I want inside me" and normally it catches my eye just for the title, but the burgers don't grab my attention.

Until today.

C- Roll Chili Cheese Burger

Two 4oz Beef Smash Patties, Pimento Cheese, Diced Onions, Cooper’s Chili, Stacked On A Cinnamon Roll Bun With Homemade Icing

From Lucy Cooper's Texas Ice House In San Antonio, Texas
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

you are so fucking weird
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Man. That hank with the plague doctor knife would have been the best 2020 commemorative EDC set ever.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By WILSON:
I do that. They're great for cleaning computer screens, and a thousand other things.
View Quote

Right? I have two at my office that are on hand "just in case" and they get used all the time for non nose stuff. They often serve as a spacer bewtween heavy objects and the wall, or just this weekend they served as kitchen towels when my 3yo decided to spill water all over my conference table.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

@wic

I love it here but I’m sick in the head. Kinda hard being without the fam for nearly r months. House hunting has been…..trying.
View Quote

I hear ya. I can count on one hand how many nights my wife and I haven't been together since we got married. Hate it. ANd my kids make my day.

Is there a shortage of trailers? Or trailer parks?

Have you looked at old vans? I believe there are quite a few rivers by you there.

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Those look nice - do they rock too?
View Quote

Yes. Rock and swivel!
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

I totally missed this conversation. I live in a total shithole crack house as I await my family to come join me as soon as I find a house. In the nearly 4 months I’ve lived here I’ve: found meth in my newly rented apartment, watched a druggie take a piss at 4:30 am next to
My  car as I got in it to go to work. Watched another methbilly throw a 20lb chunk of concrete through their car window because they didn’t have the keys. Watched to people walking down the street barely clothed screaming at 0400 when it was -20.

I’m right in the middle of it so I see it a lot. The town is extremely small so these things get rather concentrated rather than being spread out over a big city. So I guess you see it more. I just shake my head like I’m watching Jerry or some shit.

Lol

I mean, I come from Norfolk, VA. That place is a shithole. At least we don’t have a dozen shootings and multiple murders every night. Everyone, even the dopers have been very nice here. for the most part everyone here is super down to earth and I’ve yet to have a hard time carrying a conversation with any of the locals. I think they’re intrigued with my general Eastern seaboard accent.

I love it here. I’d rather deal with the cold than it being hotter than Satan’s taint before 7am every day like southern GA.
View Quote

you're living with Kuraki?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#31]
That f*cking neighbor again...I told him to watch for Schnauzers for us too. Seems we are in a Schnauzer free zone.

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#32]
damn monkeys

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Someone on imgur posts pics of "burgers I want inside me" and normally it catches my eye just for the title, but the burgers don't grab my attention.

Until today.

https://i.imgur.com/2owIhDj.jpg

Two 4oz Beef Smash Patties, Pimento Cheese, Diced Onions, Cooper’s Chili, Stacked On A Cinnamon Roll Bun With Homemade Icing

View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#34]

I hear ya. I can count on one hand how many nights my wife and I haven't been together since we got married. Hate it. ANd my kids make my day.

Is there a shortage of trailers? Or trailer parks?

Have you looked at old vans? I believe there are quite a few rivers by you there.

View Quote

Don't overlook bridges. We apparently had someone living under a bridge (overpass) on the edge of town. They recently caused a fire and the bridge (and highway out of town that direction) had to be closed until the bridge could be inspected by the state.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Until today.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I've seen what your kids serve you.

You could do this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#38]
New York Strip,

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#39]
good color
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Until today.

Two 4oz Beef Smash Patties, Pimento Cheese, Diced Onions, Cooper's Chili, Stacked On A Cinnamon Roll Bun With Homemade Icing

View Quote
Hmmm, have to mull that one over.

Nah, just kidding, I'd kill it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Until today.

View Quote

This reminds me of the Krispy Kreme cheeseburger.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By maleante:

There was a thread last night about junky made in china arfcom clothing.
View Quote

Arf loves junky Chinese stuff
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:

They are pretty cool, I’d still probably blow my nose in it.
View Quote

They are washable
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I was ambitious today:
View Quote

Seems like a solid retirement plan
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#45]
My Appalachian is off to Colwell for scales
View Quote

Same ones?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By knoxtnshooter:
Does your nose run 24/7 or something?

Like magic tricks?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Until today.

WTF.. I'm just wrapping my head around the c-roll deliciousness and then you mention Krispy Kreme burger...
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I've seen what your kids serve you.

You could do this.
View Quote

LMAO fair point.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#49]
good color
View Quote

And you would know how?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

WTF.. I'm just wrapping my head around the c-roll deliciousness and then you mention Krispy Kreme burger...
View Quote

Don’t misunderstand me, I’ve never had one and I definitely shouldn’t. But it is intriguing like all the other unhealthy fair foods. I would totally eat it if it were offered to me, but I’d never go out of my way to eat it.
Page / 3287
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top