Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3289
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll see your TI and raise you an HP 48G, this particular sample will be turning 30 this year

(I know I need to take a brite boy to that carbon steel blade, it hasn't been nearly as shiny since it rode around in my pocket up at Glacier NP in July)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Reubjames:
I'll see your TI and raise you an HP 48G, this particular sample will be turning 30 this year

(I know I need to take a brite boy to that carbon steel blade, it hasn't been nearly as shiny since it rode around in my pocket up at Glacier NP in July)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/Photo_Sep_04_2024__1_52_45_PM_jpg-3313138.JPG
View Quote

Thing looks like a fossil lol

Good looking knife too, I need some variety in my collection
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/Photo_Sep_04_2024__1_52_45_PM_jpg-3313138.JPG
View Quote

That’s awesome!
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:
https://i.ibb.co/h7j2XLs/IMG-1530.jpg

10 out of 10 do not recommend.
View Quote

the ritter?!

ritter is a great knife
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Cajun_Redneck:

https://i.imgur.com/x5iaKrj.jpeg
View Quote

hey Op, sign this guy up for your class on photos and not cutting off parts of the important bits
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Yeah the HP has served me well for many years, still sits front-and-center on my desk and is used almost daily. It is a dinosaur though. I have an even older model HP (but newer production) on my home office desk.

The knife is actually the prototype for my "Model 02" when I was designing it a year or so ago. I worked out the bugs on it, so it's not as refined as the ones I send out. It gets carried fairly regularly though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Are you using an iPad to take notes? I've been looking at something like that for my daily notes and sketches. What app and how do you like it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:14:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#8]

Are you using an iPad to take notes? I've been looking at something like that for my daily notes and sketches. What app and how do you like it?
View Quote

Yes, my iPad has replaced all my class notes/scratch paper for homework. Best school purchase I ever made imo, only other thing close is my Ti-84. And I use an app called Goodnotes, it costs a little bit of money but it’s hands down worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WIC:

the ritter?!

ritter is a great knife
View Quote

I love the Ritter, I don’t love the physics homework.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes, my iPad has replaced all my class notes/scratch paper for homework. Best purchase I ever made imo. And I use an app called Goodnotes, it costs a little bit of money but it’s hands down worth it in my opinion.
View Quote

Thanks for the recommendation... if it works for an engineering student, it'll work for me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#12]
https://i.imgur.com/bJl3dKm.gif
View Quote

That’s me

Don’t be surprised if you start seeing thermodynamics problems in some of my photos over the next 3 months. Teacher recommends spending 2 hours a day on his homework.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks for the recommendation... if it works for an engineering student, it'll work for me.
View Quote

Yeah, I have a sketching app too that’s a bit more artistic, it’s called Sketchbook. I don’t really use it though unless I’m bored. Most of my “drawing” is just free body diagrams which is straight lines for the most part.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By conndcj:
Thank you Magellan, I realize that.  If you consider us strange, they are our poster child.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#15]

No one ever asks to borrow my calculator lol
This one is probably 12 years old
Got me through algebra 1 and 2
I like the auto a lot
I wouldn't get another though. OTF is where it's at in that regard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My dad has one of those, I got the newer one. It's gotten me from Algebra 1 to current and keeps all my physics/statics/dynamics formula cards safe.

I like the auto a lot
Mine from HS - just put batteries back in it. So roughly 45 years old, buttons feel like new though. My dad had the programmable one and a printer for it IIRC.

I can do basic stuff with it, but my career went a different direction and I don't need it and forgot math beyond the basics. Pic was for the mechanical pencil thread that I think cost someone else in here money too.

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#16]

That's about the time I was in algebra 1 and 2 at 40 years old. A average in both.
I loved it. Math is awesome and I regret not taking it as serious in high school.
Cross bar locks are my favorites as well. Though most can't be spoken of even though they are older than the time that business did that thing and gave money to my enemies.
View All Quotes

I like the auto a lot

Fair enough, I have some cheap Chinese OTFs. Definitely need to scrap them for a nice microtech or kershaw.

I think mine is 11 years old, took Algebra 1 back in 2013. Now it's mostly physics work that it gets used for.

That's about the time I was in algebra 1 and 2 at 40 years old. A average in both.
I loved it. Math is awesome and I regret not taking it as serious in high school.
Cross bar locks are my favorites as well. Though most can't be spoken of even though they are older than the time that business did that thing and gave money to my enemies.
I really wish I didn't take calc. in HS. I wasn't a good student then and don't have real fond memories of HS classes, and if I hadn't done it then I wouldn't have resisted learning it correctly at some later point. I crushed statistics at the UG and Grad level though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Mine from HS - just put batteries back in it. So roughly 45 years old, buttons feel like new though. My dad had the programmable one and a printer for it IIRC.

https://i.imgur.com/iJdceOD.jpg

I can do basic stuff with it, but my career went a different direction and I don't need it and forgot math beyond the basics. Pic was for the mechanical pencil thread that I think cost someone else in here money too.
View Quote

What's crazy is that HP still produces that 12C model. They started building them in '81 apparently.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#18]

I love the Ritter, I don't love the physics homework.
View All Quotes

the ritter?!

ritter is a great knife

Undergrad physics they told us the first day we could bring a notecard with any formulas we wanted for the exams. I didn't attend very regularly after that. Wrote really small and included what the terms were. Ended up being my only A-. That homework looks a lot harder.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#19]

What's crazy is that HP still produces that 12C model. They started building them in '81 apparently.
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/iJdceOD.jpg

My dad (EE) was all about that shit, so it was probably the first year. I was in HS then but won't say what grade for PERSEC.

ETA - oh yeah, and if anyone is wondering the top pencil is the one to get.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Undergrad physics they told us the first day we could bring a notecard with any formulas we wanted for the exams. I didn't attend very regularly after that. Wrote really small and included what the terms were. Ended up being my only A-. That homework looks a lot harder.
View Quote

It’s some basic vector math for a statics problem. It’s really not that bad compared to what I’ve done in the past, but I’m like 2 years removed from using this stuff so it’s having to come back to me. I’ll find my groove.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:56:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrSig239] [#21]
Screw that math crap! Glad I'm done with all that stuff!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#22]

That’s me

Don’t be surprised if you start seeing thermodynamics problems in some of my photos over the next 3 months. Teacher recommends spending 2 hours a day on his homework.
View Quote

I didn't mean just you, I meant all the nerds talking about their favorite calculators.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#23]
My great nephew coaches youth football and has won 4 championships! I decide to make him a display for his rings.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

don't encourage that guy

also, I think Christopher Columbus or Juan Ponce de León would have been more appropriate here.

On the other hand, I like the name Ferdinand better.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_9203_jpg-3313229.JPG
View Quote

right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#26]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_9203_jpg-3313229.JPG
View Quote

That looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#27]
My great nephew coaches youth football and has won 4 championships! I decide to make him a display for his rings.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_9193_jpg-3313237.JPG
View Quote

Fun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Thank you.
I really like that picture too.
It was all about the lighting and putting the camera into portrait mode so the background is blurry.
Blurry background (shallow depth of field) makes the power lines and houses in the background disappear.

ETA - original picture in non portrait (shallow depth of field), mode:

https://i.imgur.com/8BUw6yC.jpeg

Shown against the “portrait mode”:

https://i.imgur.com/mnEb2S3.jpeg

PPPS....
On the computer, the knife and coke cup are obviously out of focus in the original photograph. On the phone this was not as apparent.
View Quote

Yeah, the phone can lie to you. I checked the thread on my 36inch gaming monitor and was like oof that Pic could be better
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
Cholula, Tapatio, and Valentina black would be a good combo.
View Quote

Solid taquiera line up
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I really wish I didn't take calc. in HS. I wasn't a good student then and don't have real fond memories of HS classes, and if I hadn't done it then I wouldn't have resisted learning it correctly at some later point. I crushed statistics at the UG and Grad level though.
View Quote

The kids in calc 2 and 3 who did calc 1 in high school did not seem confident in the courses I was in for undergrad. I wouldn’t recommend taking anything past trig unless you’re a genius.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#32]

I am IT manager for our firm.

I am overlord of the ID10t errors. I resolve 95% of our tech issues with restarts, software updates, and pointing out the obvious.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

What do you know of ID10T errors?

I am IT manager for our firm.

I am overlord of the ID10t errors. I resolve 95% of our tech issues with restarts, software updates, and pointing out the obvious.

That’s fair.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

You forgot to carry a 3 and you inverted a vector.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

My last calcualtor was a plain Jane TI in 8th grade. We were supposed to have a graphing calculator in HS but couldn't afford one, so I occasionally got to use one of the teachers. I found it a couple years ago and was going to use for a long range class but it won't turn on even with new batteries.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 80085:

https://i.imgur.com/Iz6zw3p.jpeg
View Quote

Figures, I swear that's all my mentor did during my internship this summer
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Yeah, I have a sketching app too that’s a bit more artistic, it’s called Sketchbook. I don’t really use it though unless I’m bored. Most of my “drawing” is just free body diagrams which is straight lines for the most part.
View All Quotes

Are you going to solve the 3 body problem?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

the ritter?!

ritter is a great knife

Brag post - I had to cheat to pass Spanish...with a D. I was not a very good student, I really should not have graduated.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#39]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote

Jokes on you, the homework program already told me I got that right.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Wait...does that one say "last place"?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#41]

The kids in calc 2 and 3 who did calc 1 in high school did not seem confident in the courses I was in for undergrad. I wouldn’t recommend taking anything past trig unless you’re a genius.
View All Quotes

What kinda math do you need to know to sling weiner?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Well the prof is wrong then.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Definitely possible, I'll DM you the whole problem and you can show me how to fix if it is wrong, if you want. Kinda hard to judge the whole problem with a knife covering all my calcs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Definitely possible, I'll DM you the whole problem and you can show me how to fix if it is wrong, if you want. Kinda hard to judge the whole problem with a knife covering all my calcs.
View All Quotes

Dude, I'm lucky to count to 10 without taking my boots off.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

So you were just fucking with me. Got damn it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Oh yeah. I figured you knew that from the get-go.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#48]

Oh yeah. I figured you knew that from the get-go.
View Quote

Bro I did that problem twice cause I got it wrong initially. I can barely trust my own math. I automatically assume I did something wrong if someone says I did.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

You can’t become the hotdog king without predictive modeling of supply, demand, consumption, and variable pricing structures. Anyone can grab a wiener with the tongs of happiness, not everyone can get rich doing so.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
View Quote

Damn college kids.
Page / 3289
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top