Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3339
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WIC:

come on Wilson, I thought we had a deal!
View Quote

Mwahaha.

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

QT was founded in 1958

KT was founded in 1965

KT is the imposter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

As soon as I saw Casey's listed ahead of Quick Trip I knew this was a bullshit article.
Author was probably stoned.

here's one listing them as convenience stores instead of just food

https://i.imgur.com/YBwocyN.png

still, fuck your name robbing C-store.

QT was founded in 1958

KT was founded in 1965

KT is the imposter.

Truth
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

It might not stay false
View Quote

it should
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

It does
View Quote

maybe you will get Aldi in your state someday
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Yeah, that didn't work as well as I thought. That's my wife's hand and they are literally child sized. I only wear a wedding band....
View Quote

So, it is a small knife

(that was more jewelry than I was expecting from you, and you were looking kinda delicate)
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Look, if you pick something up and just sit on it, the person that comes later and does something with it can't be called anything other than Mr. Right.
View All Quotes

QT was founded in 1958

KT was founded in 1965

KT is the imposter.

Look, if you pick something up and just sit on it, the person that comes later and does something with it can't be called anything other than Mr. Right.

QT is in more states that KT.
If QT is already doing it with what it started…
Who’s Mr Right?
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]

when we visit you, no home cooked meals from you
View All Quotes

This is the way.

Not interested in bubble gum bacon.

when we visit you, no home cooked meals from you

They will be glorious.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]

QT is in more states that KT.
If QT is already doing it with what it started…
Who’s Mr Right?
View Quote

Kwik Trip

how thick are you?
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#9]
It was a rhetorical question…
I know the answer.
You are wrong.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#10]

So, it is a small knife

(that was more jewelry than I was expecting from you, and you were looking kinda delicate)
View All Quotes
Yeah, that didn't work as well as I thought. That's my wife's hand and they are literally child sized. I only wear a wedding band....

So, it is a small knife

Only slightly larger than the mini-Kephart:

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Came home to find a Venus flytrap gift. How do I care for it?
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:14:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

I had too many, obviously.

This was before I drank the Titos and redbull.... bette focus @WIC?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160658/1000003310_jpg-3348041.JPG

and...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160658/1000003312_jpg-3348042.JPG
View Quote

Great looking knife. I almost snagged the slut ex version that popped up recently but held back.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:18:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Mongolian grill for dinner

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG7553_JPG-3348188.JPG
View Quote

Yum! I bought a hundred pack of those chopsticks for $10 on Amazon. Chopsticks are super useful to have around…
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:19:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Reubjames:
A little more work this weekend on one of the slipjoint functional prototypes I'm working on. Got the handle jig machined and started mocking up some simple handles for it.

The green G10 is in place of metal bolsters for now. Those will be metal bars on the production knives. The black paper micarta represents the scale material that will be inlayed in the integral bolsters/liners. It'll make sense once I get to carve the handle out of the assembly. Decided not to use the red liner on the prototype. Next steps are to heat treat this booger, carve out the handles, and start test fitting. I'll adjust my CAD/CAM as needed during the fitting on this one so the production knives will be fairly well dialed in right off the mill with minimal hand work required to fit everything. Only needing to do the final sanding and polishing by hand is my goal.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/Photo_Oct_06_2024__9_12_15_PM_jpg-3348205.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/Photo_Oct_06_2024__9_12_22_PM_jpg-3348207.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/Photo_Oct_10_2024__7_33_31_PM_jpg-3348209.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/Photo_Oct_10_2024__7_38_58_PM_jpg-3348210.JPG

Also cut the nail nick. Had a boo-boo on the first one so got to do it all again!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/Photo_Oct_12_2024__12_40_37_PM_jpg-3348211.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/Photo_Oct_12_2024__9_15_45_PM_jpg-3348214.JPG
View Quote

I keep seeing all these cool projects you have going on and you suck because you have let us all down with the tuff lite scales…
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:20:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

Hey, nice generator cart.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:22:25 AM EDT
[#17]

it's a furniture cart

it was moving furniture

it wouldn't be able to do that if it was carting around a piece of equipment THAT SHOULD COME WITH WHEELS ALREADY ON IT.
View Quote

Do you intend to move furniture at the same time you’re running a gen set?
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:22:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#18]
Originally Posted By 80085:
https://i.imgur.com/vyUFjT9.jpeg
View Quote
Keep the tray at the bottom full of DI water. Full sun is best. It has to be put in a cold enough location to go dormant for several months every winter (~40 degrees is good). Let the tray dry out between watering during that period, but don't let the substrate dry all the way out ever or it will die. It will take a light frost.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:27:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:

Yech!! Extra crispy is the only way!
View Quote

I also enjoy crispy bacon. Limp bacon is gross.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:33:16 AM EDT
[#20]
OK, since no one asked, interesting things I have learned in this search.

one standard parker (yay Wisconsin) size ballpoint refill will write about 300 pages of legal note pad.

one standard (euro/Pilot G2) size rollerball refill writes about 30 pages of legal note pad.

(I don't know how gel factors into all of this)

Generally all the japanese rollerball size refills like Pilot G2, Pentel Energel, Bic Gelocity (Bic is french, its gel rollerball is japanese), and Sharpie S Gel all write about the same, but really good. The S Gel might be a bit better. The G2 is a bit gloppy and wet (it smears). The others have a tighter line and dry faster (.7 tested in all of them). The Pentel Energel came with noticeably less ink.

https://i.imgur.com/P3R7uRn.jpg

There are proprietary rollerball refills from Montblanc, Sailor, Lamy, Cross etc. but they do not come into play looking for a serviceable refill for daily use at the office due to cost and being more difficult to find. I just picked up a bunch of the sharpie pens in blue and black for about $0.90 each.

In the parker G2 size, as Rob Low noted previously, the Monteverde Ceramic gel ink is a good choice. Schmidt P900 is solid and smooth. Schmidt also makes a Gelion gel rollerball.

Schmidt makes a gel rollerball refill named the P8126 that writes really nice. It is parker length, but just a bit larger diameter. Does not fit in my Saga. One of the pens it fits is the Retro 1951 Tornado. I have one of those coming to check out.

All the parker refills cost more than the rollerballs, but if the write that much longer, maybe a better value?

One of the Schneider P900s just blew up all over me, so not super excited about that.

The only pen that will take all of the above refills that I have is the BigIdea Ti. Seems to work well with everything I have thrown in there.

I have a couple other options coming as hosts. And one style that is an interesting variation on all of this, though I fear it will be too thick to hold. There is another one of the same type that is slimmer, maybe too thin, but it is out of stock.

To be continued...
View Quote

0.7 is for whiny bitches. 0.38 or lower is the sweet spot with gels.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:38:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
Felt like having a beer.

https://i.imgur.com/5pcf4cm.jpg
View Quote

Juicy looking tomatoes and (as usual) a perfectly executed burger.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Kwik Trip

how thick are you?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Keep the tray at the bottom full of DI water. Full sun is best. It has to be put in a cold enough location to go dormant for several months every winter (~40 degrees is good). Let the tray dry out between watering during that period, but don't let the substrate dry all the way out ever or it will die. It will take a light frost.
View Quote

Is the DI water necessary? I have access to it but I might get some strange looks/comments filling water bottles with it… can I get by without it?

To replant to a larger pot do I need to know anything special and will it grow and fill it out?
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 3:03:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Page 3333

Four of a Kind (Quad) is a rare hand in 5-card poker, with a probability of approximately 0.02401% (624 distinct hands out of 52,368 possible 5-card combinations).
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#25]

It might not stay false
View All Quotes

That false edge looks wicked

It might not stay false

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Happy Monday[holiday here] everyone!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Damn dude.

I mean I get it but still
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Local BBQ joint that always sells out if you don't get in early. Had some smoked sides as well, but went all meat

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384430/IMG_6580_jpeg-3348647.JPG

Damn dude.

I mean I get it but still

Is the damn for all the meat?

Or for the coordinated knives?

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Is the DI water necessary? I have access to it but I might get some strange looks/comments filling water bottles with it… can I get by without it?

To replant to a larger pot do I need to know anything special and will it grow and fill it out?
View All Quotes

SY knows more than me, but I read that you don't want any kind of nutrients or chemicals in the water or the soil if possible. There are certain soil mixes good for carnivorous plants. When it gets bigger and ready for a repot, you can split some of the plants. They will multiple for sure. They are really cool plants. Mine is starting to go dormant with the shorter days and cooler nights.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Only slightly larger than the mini-Kephart:

https://i.imgur.com/sEL4CUU.jpg

View Quote

deceiving
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Came home to find a Venus flytrap gift. How do I care for it?
View Quote

toss it before you waste time helping it to its slow demise
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Do you intend to move furniture at the same time you’re running a gen set?
View Quote

irrelevant

wrong wheel type for a generator anyways

these are indoor wheels

generators should not be run indoors
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#32]

0.7 is for whiny bitches. 0.38 or lower is the sweet spot with gels.
View Quote

I prefer a thinner point for notes, much thicker for signatures

have to appease the masses though, .7 is for them
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Still, that could make a hell of a knife.

A kitchen knife in that steel would be tits.
View Quote

Yeah, iirc, blue steel can be used at ~64hrc.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#34]

How did the redonon the nail nick go?

What type of inlays?
View Quote

Went great on the 2nd attempt. I had a bad command in my program which I didn't catch before running in the mill. Top one is the redo; bottom one is the first attempt. The dark spot in the middle of the bottom nick is a giant burr and you can see on the front edge of that nick where it started to cut a nick higher up the blade.

Inlays on the production knives will be micarta or some other composite, maybe even some wood, bone, or antler if I try to get fancy. The first few will be micarta inlayed into the metal liners and bolsters. Hopefully I can have these green and black prototypes milled out this week and I'll post pics.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 10:28:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#35]
The new contestants arrived late yesterday

L-->R Retro 1951 Roosevelt, Ti Click, Monteverde Engage, Sharpie S-Gel Broad point

The Retro writes very nicely, feels good, looks shnazzy, but not sure it is grabbing me

The Ti Click is a variant of what I already had, so figured I would like it

Engage is huge. It takes fountain pen ink either by the included piston or an international standard cartiridge.

The Sharpie S-Gel is just for testing the nib size.

It takes a cartirdge, but the clicker won't work because one alone is not tall enough to engage the mechanism and two is too tall to engage the mechanism. Whole point of buying it was for the clicker. It is a bit thick so it is not likely to stick around, but if it does, guess I will need to use the piston. Although, even when I was playing with it last night, the clicker sometimes misfired. There are other fountain pen ink rollerball options out there, but this is the only clicker I found, the rest are capped. Still, of all the ball type pens I have tried, this write the most like a fountain pen of any I have tried yet. We will see. For now, the tip is stuck out; guess we will be testing how long it takes to dry out.

The S Gel 1.0 went right in the Ti clicker. I am so used to the twist version, the click version felt natural and I like the deployment mechanism better, even if twist is perhaps more refined.

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#36]

I keep seeing all these cool projects you have going on and you suck because you have let us all down with the tuff lite scales…
View Quote

I know I'm a failure

Name your color and I'll get some going for you! If anyone else wants some Tuff Lite scales, send me a PM and I can work up a batch. I need to order a bunch of handle material anyway. Here is what they look like. Converted to tip up carry and utilize standard Spyderco wire clips or compatible aftermarket options.

Dad needed a replacement nut for a rare sight on one of the vintage Winchesters in his collection. They are essentially unobtanium now unless you want to buy the whole sight assembly for $600+. When Dad needs something I can help with, I hop to! Always glad to help him out. Tiny nut machined on the mill and matching "screwdriver". Was a fun little Sunday afternoon project.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#37]

If that chef's knife had a ring, she wouldn't have dropped it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#38]
right?

so practical
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Reubjames:

I know I'm a failure

Name your color and I'll get some going for you! If anyone else wants some Tuff Lite scales, send me a PM and I can work up a batch. I need to order a bunch of handle material anyway. Here is what they look like. Converted to tip up carry and utilize standard Spyderco wire clips or compatible aftermarket options.

Dad needed a replacement nut for a rare sight on one of the vintage Winchesters in his collection. They are essentially unobtanium now unless you want to buy the whole sight assembly for $600+. When Dad needs something I can help with, I hop to! Always glad to help him out. Tiny nut machined on the mill and matching "screwdriver". Was a fun little Sunday afternoon project.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59685/IMG_3505_jpeg-3349261.JPG

View Quote

Did you check McMaster-Carr? That nut has to be on McMaster-Carr.

where's the micarta ODG tuff lite scales?
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Did you check McMaster-Carr? That nut has to be on McMaster-Carr.

where's the micarta ODG tuff lite scales?
View Quote

Oh yeah checked them and a bunch of other places. McMaster has some very similar in metric threads but couldn't find any in 4-40 thread. Checked with Numrich and most I could find from them for firearms are #6 nuts. The other nuts I've found during the search are stainless which would be tough to put a blue finish on to match the old sight.

I'll rustle up some OD micarta.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#41]
You guys keep posting all those carbs put me over the edge!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_9523_jpg-3348746.JPG

The couple we hang around with sometimes are both avid cooks. Trouble is they are now empty nesters but keep cooking the same amount.[Good for us!]. Home made meatball and sausage from scratch sauce!
We've been doing good lately on the free eats! They asked if we wanted bread to go along with it? Ha!

My sister and her husband are coming to visit Thursday and there bringing 4 lbs. of fresh slaughtered beef!
View Quote

I haven't done spaghetti and meatballs in a while.

Or any pasta
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 3xpert:
Felt like having a beer.

https://i.imgur.com/5pcf4cm.jpg
View Quote

Solid beer for a stunning burger.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#43]
+1!

https://i.imgur.com/PhFnn84.jpg

View Quote

Awesome shot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Off the diet deep end now! Might as well throw caution to the wind!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_9525_jpg-3348781.JPG
View Quote

One day isn't bad.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#45]
No problem - mine was the "Perfect Neck Knife" which IIRC is a little larger than the original. It is also too large to be a neck knife IMO. I'm not a fan of that concept anyways though and carry it in a pocket with the lanyard attached to my belt. Glad it isn't any smaller - seems just right. Been meaning to make a belt sheath and or pocket sheath for it for way too long....

This is at the thickest part - the tang and spine taper from that area.
https://i.imgur.com/avGCWxu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EuSVhW0.jpg

ETA - weird perspective, it is 7.5" OAL.

Also that's some oil not pitting on the hammered part.
View Quote

The thing about neck knives is if you're keeping it under your shirt and need it in a hurry there's a non zero change you cut the shit out of your stomach
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By conndcj:
Another round of potato gnocchi last night.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60239/1000002459-3348872.jpg
View Quote

Totally would.

Love a solid fluffy gnocchi
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#47]
wife: I'm going to Costco, need anything?

me: a slice of pizza and a hotdog

wife: ok

wife: here you go

me: that's not a slice, that's a whole pizza

wife: I figured we could have the leftovers for supper

me: but the pieces are cut too small for what I need to do

wife: okay...what do you need to do

me: I needed to do a thing for the guys

wife: oh...(walks away)

me: (all the fixings on there none the less...now it's all sticky...no way I can do a taco...)

https://i.imgur.com/5WBow0n.jpg

There was plenty for supper.

Tried the Cholula again, not bad with proper dosing. kinda like Tabasco sauce, but better. Not a fan of Tabasco, this was OK.

https://i.imgur.com/FWfRZa6.jpg
View Quote

Yay!

Costco hot dog pizza taco!

It's beautiful.

Wait wut?

Cholula is a different league than Tabasco
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Magically, it looks bigger now

https://i.imgur.com/dxfLWMP.jpg

View Quote

Heh.

Heh heh heh
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#49]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG7566_JPG-3349071.JPG

I'm leaning towards the top or bottom ones.
View Quote

I vote middle.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#50]

It might not stay false
View All Quotes

That false edge looks wicked

It might not stay false

Wickeder?
Page / 3339
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top