User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope they enjoy the multi-hour waits for service and every meth head in the area knowing they are in a law enforcement free zone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am thinking the guy who runs the newspaper and his mother died due to the stress of the raid will be wiping his ass with $100.00 bills.

Little po dunk PD and town will be bankrupted soon, they will not be able to afford any insurance.

I hope they enjoy the multi-hour waits for service and every meth head in the area knowing they are in a law enforcement free zone.

What is your purpose of posting this?  Would you prefer that the PD remain in operation, perhaps with the current leadership still at the helm?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Apparently not that there wasn’t a criminal case, that there wasn’t PC for a warrant. My guess is that magistrate is done.
View Quote

Not necessarily. Warrant request contained false information, or so it seems at this point.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The judge? Oh, I have a feeling she is fucked also.

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article278237263.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Marion Count attorney found insufficient evidence for the search warrant and ordered all items seized returned. The Chief of police is done.

https://www.kake.com/story/49437626/prosecutor-finds-insufficient-evidence-in-marion-newspaper-raid-items-to-be-returned

Has he submitted a complaint about the judge that signed a warrant based on insufficient evidence?

What about the officers and supervisors that signed off on the request?

The judge? Oh, I have a feeling she is fucked also.

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article278237263.html

Judge who signed Kansas newspaper search warrant had 2 DUI arrests, reports say

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am thinking the guy who runs the newspaper and his mother died due to the stress of the raid will be wiping his ass with $100.00 bills.

Little po dunk PD and town will be bankrupted soon, they will not be able to afford any insurance.

Lol are you one of the bunch?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not necessarily. Warrant request contained false information, or so it seems at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently not that there wasn’t a criminal case, that there wasn’t PC for a warrant. My guess is that magistrate is done.

She had a criminal record that had been largely hidden and might not have been disclosed as required, and she faces retention elections which for her are going to be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:39:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What is your purpose of posting this?  Would you prefer that the PD remain in operation, perhaps with the current leadership still at the helm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The town picked shitty cops, and now the town may get to live without local law enforcement. I'm saying I hope they enjoy the results of their own decision making.

I've watched it play out.

No, those cops and their leadership need to go, but going without entirely brings its own challenges in modern America.

The county and state agencies won't give a fuck unless some upstanding citizen takes matters into their own hands.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]

If these players are watching the national headlines, why would they think any one would have a problem with what they have done?  

We obviously gave up on rule of law some time ago.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If these players are watching the national headlines, why would they think any one would have a problem with what they have done?  

We obviously gave up on rule of law some time ago.
View Quote

Yeah, their kind(and a surprising percentage of those not connected) prefer "law and order" instead of "rule of law"
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The town picked shitty cops, and now the town may get to live without local law enforcement. I'm saying I hope they enjoy the results of their own decision making.

No, those cops and their leadership need to go, but going without entirely brings its own challenges in modern America.

The county and state agencies won't give a fuck unless some upstanding citizen takes matters into their own hands.
View Quote

I don’t know how it works in Kansas, but I’ve never been consulted on police hiring.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Here is the story as I know it. The congressman was holding a meet and greet at the lady's restruant. The newspaper man who had retired from a Chicago News organization, was doing what the democratic propaganda arm does and the restruant owner had the police remove the reporter from the meet and greet. The congressman was unaware and uninvolved in the removal. The newspaper man dug up dirt on the restruant owner and gave it to the city council who was looking at her liquor license renewal. Newspaper man claims he got it from anonymous source, restruant owner claims he pretended to be her to get her record. The restruant owner's dui and driving without a license charges were from 15 or 18 years ago. (Can't remember exactly. Cops got a warrant to investigate hacking/indenty theft. When this blew up the cops turned the investigation over to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation. Despite what Aimless says we don't have State police. Closest to that would be Kansas Highway Patrol. DA withdrew warrant and return siezed items supposedly unsearched. Newspaper man's mother died few days after raid with only her son (who apparently lives with her) present. Not during raid like Aimless claims. KBI is still investigating. They will charge police if it is warranted, they will also charge the newspaperman if it is warranted. There are no good guys here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't know how it works in Kansas, but I've never been consulted on police hiring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know how it works in Kansas, but I've never been consulted on police hiring.
Sure you have. It just looked a lot like you were voting for the Mayor and your Councilman.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are no good guys here.
View Quote
Rarely are in local politics.

Small towns can be like HOAs with higher stakes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sure you have. It just looked a lot like you were voting for the Mayor and your Councilman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've yet to see a candidate run on "I'll hire a disgraced cop forced to quit because it's all our 1,900 person city can get."

Frankly, you're clutching pearls that a department which never should have existed will cease to be.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've yet to see a candidate run on "I'll hire a disgraced cop forced to quit because it's all our 1,900 person city can get."

Frankly, you're clutching pearls that a department which never should have existed will cease to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're on the same side here.

I'm just saying that your only recourse in local administrative issues is local politics.

I honestly had no idea the size of the town/department we're talking here. I assumed it was a larger place if it could still support a newspaper in 2023.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm just saying that your only recourse in local administrative issues is local politics.

I honestly had no idea the size of the town/department we're talking here. I assumed it was a larger place if it could still support a newspaper in 2023.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The city has a population of about 1,900 and the county 12,000.

Per their web site they have four full-time and one part-time officer.  Once again, a small department that shouldn't exist is doing unconstitutional shit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here is the story as I know it. The congressman was holding a meet and greet at the lady's restruant. The newspaper man who had retired from a Chicago News organization, was doing what the democratic propaganda arm does and the restruant owner had the police remove the reporter from the meet and greet. The congressman was unaware and uninvolved in the removal. The newspaper man dug up dirt on the restruant owner and gave it to the city council who was looking at her liquor license renewal. Newspaper man claims he got it from anonymous source, restruant owner claims he pretended to be her to get her record. The restruant owner's dui and driving without a license charges were from 15 or 18 years ago. (Can't remember exactly. Cops got a warrant to investigate hacking/indenty theft. When this blew up the cops turned the investigation over to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation. Despite what Aimless says we don't have State police. Closest to that would be Kansas Highway Patrol. DA withdrew warrant and return siezed items supposedly unsearched. Newspaper man's mother died few days after raid with only her son (who apparently lives with her) present. Not during raid like Aimless claims. KBI is still investigating. They will charge police if it is warranted, they will also charge the newspaperman if it is warranted. There are no good guys here.
View Quote

Are you a member of the police force there by any chance? That's about the most slanted thing on this I've read.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Per their web site they have four full-time and one part-time officer.  Once again, a small department that shouldn't exist is doing unconstitutional shit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66085/Untitled_jpg-2923812.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does a city of 1900 have the tax base to afford 4.5 cops and to equip them?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would be nice to know the full story if legit raid or total BS and why
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they median household income is less than $50k?  They don't.

Their entire PD budget for 22 was $373k.  For four and half officers, equipment, training, gas etc.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When they median household income is less than $50k?  They don't.

Their entire PD budget for 22 was $373k.  For four and half officers, equipment, training, gas etc.
View Quote

Why did you hire a guy who retired to run away from a sexual harassment investigation?

1. He was the only experienced cop who wanted the job.

2. We didn't know he retired in disgrace, but for what we pay, everybody is either desperate for their first job or carrying baggage.

3. Since the other 3 cops are all men (I'm guessing but I hope so), a creeper is probably a better fit than most of the old guys with baggage.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Kansas newspaper says co-owner, 98, dies from stress after police search
View Quote

Obama Death Panel strikes again.

How long before the J-6ers die of fright?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes there is.  And it's not cody and his henchmen.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your "not state police" have a state website

https://www.kansas.gov/kbi/

I didn't say the little old lady died during the raid.
so since you have the inside line-what did the local newspaper find out about the chief that the newspaper turned over to the city shortly before the raids?
View Quote

And they are law enforcement (aka police).
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

so since you have the inside line-what did the local newspaper find out about the chief that the newspaper turned over to the city shortly before the raids?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget the dui judge.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are you a member of the police force there by any chance? That's about the most slanted thing on this I've read.
View Quote

No I am not and don't live there. Slanted how? Tell me what you know.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are investigators, not a police force and definitely not a state police force. They provide investigation expertise were needed and run the state crime lab. They also have a statewide "swat" team. I used to share office space with the head of their "swat" team.  Like I said, no good guys in the story.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They are investigators, not a police force and definitely not a state police force. They provide investigation expertise were needed and run the state crime lab. They also have a statewide "swat" team. I used to share office space with the head of their "swat" team.  Like I said, no good guys in the story.
View Quote

So where did you get your version of the story, from KBI friends involved with the investigation?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So where did you get your version of the story, from KBI friends involved with the investigation?
View Quote

Nope read all the local articles about the incident and from a local I used to rent pasture from.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nope read all the local articles about the incident and from a local I used to rent pasture from.
View Quote

There’s nothing in the articles to indicate that the paper did anything wrong.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

You haven't read all the articles. I'm not saying they did what was alleged it is being investigated whether or not they obtained the records fraudulently.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You haven't read all the articles. I'm not saying they did what was alleged it is being investigated whether or not they obtained the records fraudulently.
View Quote

I think the outrage is that it doesn't sound like there was enough probable cause for a warrant.   But they were able to get one anyways from a seemingly complicit judge.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think the outrage is that it doesn't sound like there was enough probable cause for a warrant.   But they were able to get one anyways from a seemingly complicit judge.
View Quote

Not arguing against that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I want to know what will happen to the restaurant owner who apparently started all this.
Roy
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they aren't a police force.  They just investigate crime, arrest people, have a swat team, and do other law enforcement things that police forces do.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only people that claim that are the police, the paper says they were tipped off by former coworkers in one case and an ex in another. The county already looked into all of it and said there was no PC for a warrant in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I want to know what will happen to the restaurant owner who apparently started all this.

Roy
View Quote

Well she didn’t want anyone to know her name. I’m halfway across the country and think Kari Newell is a cunt so how’s that working out for her?
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The only people that claim that are the police, the paper says they were tipped off by former coworkers in one case and an ex in another. The county already looked into all of it and said there was no PC for a warrant in the first place.
View Quote

And I included all that info in my very first post in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So they aren't a police force.  They just investigate crime, arrest people, have a swat team, and do other law enforcement things that police forces do.
View Quote

That is correct, they only provide all that as assistance for local police. They don't run patrols the don't do speeding tickets they don't respond to 911 calls unless they are requested by locals. But hey go ahead and tell a resident of Kansas what the KBI is with all your knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That is correct, they only provide all that as assistance for local police. They don't run patrols the don't do speeding tickets they don't respond to 911 calls unless they are requested by locals. But hey go ahead and tell a resident of Kansas what the KBI is with all your knowledge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://policecareers.theiacp.org/profile/kansas-bureau-of-investigation/1120774/

https://  "policecareers"    .theiacp.org/profile/    "kansas-bureau-of-investigation"   /1120774/
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure what you mean by “your version.”

That “version” is the truth and is readily available in the news articles.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#47]
A Raid On A Kansas Newspaper Likely Broke The Law, Experts Say. But Which One?

https://hosted.ap.org/article/bead3f49d323c784d40154067141dc7c/raid-kansas-newspaper-likely-broke-law-experts-say-which
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah bro that’s exactly how state police usually work. You have TWO state police agencies in Kansas.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top