Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
PCU - 1994 Movie Trailer (David Spade, Jeremy Piven)
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 3:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This. 100%
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Dr Seuss' The Sneetches Full Version YouTube
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Threads
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The Departed Official Trailer #1 - (2006) HD

When I first watched The Departed, I thought it had a riduculous hollywood ending.
But then I found out!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Enemy of the State.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in Tokyo last night. Tokyo drift is a documentary.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In the pilot episode of the Lone Gunman, the plot involved a rogue group that hijacked an airliner out of Boston to crash it into the World Trade Center so a terrorist group would be blamed and a new war would start.

It aired March 4, 2001.
View Quote

I'll have to check that out.

I recall there is a pre-2001 Clancy novel with a similar plot, though in that case, IIRC, the antagonists were actually state sponsored terrorists and the target was the White House and/or capitol building.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I recall there is a pre-2001 Clancy novel with a similar plot, though in that case, IIRC, the antagonists were actually state sponsored terrorists and the target was the White House and/or capitol building.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the pilot episode of the Lone Gunman, the plot involved a rogue group that hijacked an airliner out of Boston to crash it into the World Trade Center so a terrorist group would be blamed and a new war would start.

It aired March 4, 2001.

Debt of Honor.  US war with Japan. A Japanese KAL pilot drives a 747 into the Capitol Building during the State Of The Union address, in best kamakaze fashion.  For which Clancy was pillioried by people like Christopher Buckley for the ending being cliched and unrealistic....

He and Clancy had quite the fax feud supposedly going for awhile afterwards.  I never read of Chris issuing a followup, post 9/11...

Not a movie, but Bill Gates's group having their global emergency preparedness exercise on a novel Coronavirus...in 2019, was perhaps a bit too on-point.

I think the Sim Devs just get bored and or lazy, every so often.  Fiction is hard...
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
V for Vendetta is a film by a commie ;p
View Quote

Every time a commie tries to encapsulate the evils of fascism, they wind up describing modern communism.

"They Live" is another excellent example.

I'd argue the evils of communism outweigh that of nationalism or fascism by magnitudes of order.   But they're all still arguments against centralized control (ie powerful governments).
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It aired March 4, 2001.

Debt of Honor. The pilot wasn't state-sponsored. He just wanted revenge on the US for killing his son in a war that his country started, and got the Capitol during a joint session of Congress.

ETA: Wineraner explained it better
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#14]

They showed it recently in the theater for its anniversary.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like a lot of the cautionary tales about a fictitious totalitarian future that were told from the perspective of the left, it turned out to be nothing but a story of projective yearning
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Enemy of the State.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm told "Climate Change is REAL" & I've been told "You Can't Stop What Is Coming".

So I'm already embracing the Change You want to see ...

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It aired March 4, 2001.
View Quote

This. (I'm way too slow. Got to be on ARF-GD 24/7/365!)
Also mentioned controlling cars to make them crash! @ 25:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZ6HXIOmYE
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#19]
HBO's The Wire was a historic documentary.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#20]

I like that one.

I have worked with Sean Patrick Flanery, twice. I really like the guy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the great irony of certain leftist attempts at fiction aimed to instruct: they think they're portraying right-wingers as the bad guys, but the actions of the bad guys are usually the actions of left-wingers. Liberals think the bad guys in V for Vendetta are conservative right wingers setting up their authoritarian system. Conservatives think authoritarianism is a left-wing thing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Napoleon Dynamite, then I moved to Idaho
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:29:57 AM EDT
[#24]
This.  Went and saw it in the theater on a lazy summer evening because there was nothing else to do and had no idea what the movie really was.

Came out going,

Still one of my all time faves.

Fight Club - Theatrical Trailer Remastered in HD

FiGht CluB - A public Service message by Brad Pitt

FiGht CluB - A public Service message by Edward Norton
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top