Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2020 1:29:59 PM EDT
I just got this game installed and man it runs like crap. I have had to force quit it twice and I dont think im past the very first part of the story. Im not super impressed so far. The installer would not let me change the hard drive I wanted to install the game on so ill have to try and change that later. Good grief.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have it on PC as well.
Its a very taxing game on your system. Drop the settings down or set them to adaptive.
I'm running on high with average of 57FPS
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
it locks up in weird spots. so as far as I got was when you are captured as a slave and escape the boat. All cutscene, you reach down to get the key and boom locked up. that is why i thought maybe a hdd issue or something.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats kind of interesting. If you hit F2 it should pull up a performance screen showing you how the last 30 seconds or so is running. That may give you an idea of whats holding you up.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty typical of an AC game. They all are poorly optimized for PC.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Optimization, Fixing Yet Another Ubisoft PC Port
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had really good results from the recent AC games.  What are the spec's for your PC's?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had really good results from the recent AC games.  What are the spec's for your PC's?
View Quote

I've thought the last 3 were fantastic on PC. When I played on PS4 they were glitchy
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It’s runs great on mine. I’m averaging about 70fps. I’ll list my specs that I can remember

Nvidia 2060 super video card
16gb ram
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI tomahawk mobo
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Just to confirm that you're not crazy, it's not just you. I'm glad it's running great for some people in here but historically the AC games have been extremely buggy for some people on launch. Runs just fine for some and not at all for others, looks like you're one of the others. I skipped this one for now because of past experiences but based off those past experiences I'd say just drop it for a few weeks and come back after the patch it because that's probably what it'll take.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:04:27 AM EDT
[#9]
It's not running as good as it should on my system IMO, but I'm getting decent frame rates (80ish avg) with everything on very high settings.  I did find that there were a lot of ugly frame rate dips though (at times as low as 10-15fps), to the point that I said fuck it and went to adaptive with a 60fps target.  It lowered my max FPS from 120ish down to about 100, but it also greatly reduced the massive random FPS dips.  My 300hz screen isn't getting a work out at all, but at least I'm staying consistently above 60.

ETA:  this is on a laptop with a 150w 2080 Super, a 6 core I7, and 32 gigs of ram, running a 300hz 1080p monitor.  So my hardware is good for a laptop but not the best compared to a lot of desktops.

Make sure your GPU drivers are updated if you haven't already done so too.

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I  have the game maxed out graphics wise and average 67 fps at 1440p.  I've even bumped up the render resolution to 100%, it defaults to 50% on ultra settings.

No issues here.

Enjoying the hell out of it.

i7-6700k with 1080ti.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#11]
sorry for lack of reply, just been busy as hell.
I have a ryzen 5 3600 and a Red Devil 5700xt.
When it runs its fine, smooth no issues but it just randomly locks up. i can still hear the audio but screen is frozen.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Runs great on PS5, the game play is slow as hell though. I feel like I’m just watching most of the time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Runs great on PS5, the game play is slow as hell though. I feel like I’m just watching most of the time.
View Quote

the dialog scenes are a bit much sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm still having fun but it's beginning to get tiring.  I'm at level 190 (meaning I've leveled up what, 95 times?) and there are still maybe 5 or 6 areas left on the map for me to go play through and conquer.  If there were other games out to play right now I'd probably be looking at moving on pretty soon, even though I usually try to finish games.

At least I haven't hit any massive level gating yet that have been forcing me to grind yet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm still having fun but it's beginning to get tiring.  I'm at level 190 (meaning I've leveled up what, 95 times?) and there are still maybe 5 or 6 areas left on the map for me to go play through and conquer.  If there were other games out to play right now I'd probably be looking at moving on pretty soon, even though I usually try to finish games.

At least I haven't hit any massive level gating yet that have been forcing me to grind yet.
View Quote

im way behind, I dont get to play much right now. Game still freezes constantly. It is pissing me off.
I just killed "baby fenrir" i think im level 50 maybe?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Just started playing it Saturday.  Enjoying it muchly.  Funny thing is I always fall back to the stealthy bow kills same as Skyrim.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Playing on Xbox One S, it's definitely making me want a Series X!  

I'm quite impressed with the game.  Taking my time, enjoying the side quests and the scenery.  Looks pretty awesome at 65"!
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:17:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Finished it yesterday, or at least the main story and the killing off the Order questline.  I don't feel like finishing the modern day or Odin stuff.

Overall I liked it enough that I think it was worth the money, but boy did it get to be a drag by the end.  Too long, too repetitive.  I wanted to see where it was going, yet I hated the process of getting there for the last couple of hours.  If there was anything else to play right now I probably would have stopped playing and just watched the ending on youtube.

Also, I found the difficulty curve near the end got pretty easy.  As you get more health packs and arrows and better armor, your real power level is a lot higher than what your skill points would suggest.  I finished at level 300ish, but I had 0 problems taking out the last few missions where guys were supposedly 340 or higher, including the zealots.  Whick honestly is a good thing, because I certainly wasn't going to grind out another 40 levels just to see the end of the story.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#19]
i just got to england. playing on ps5 but the ps4 disk version.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I wish I had delved into the skill tree much sooner.

I pretty much specced into fire damage.  The shield ignites my weapon (Carolingian Pike) when I parry.  I also have two runes that create a ring of fire around me when I parry.  Then several runes that increase fire damage.  In the skill tree I finally found the skill that keeps corpses burning after they die and causes other nearby enemies to catch fire.

So it goes like this.  Pull out the torch and drop it to the ground.  Light an arrow on fire and shoot it at the biggest gathering of enemies  They all die due to the fire and any others who come over to investigate also catch fire and die.  Works the same with the explosive arrow skill.  

Great times!

I also found you can set fire to buildings as a form of crowd control.  The enemies will just stand around and watch the buildings burn rather than actively hunting you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Yesterday’s patch kicked off a Yule Festival in Ravensthorpe!

Well, my wife will be happy to know all it took was a silly video game to finally get my Christmas Spirit flowing for the season!

You know what they say, “it doesn’t matter where you get your appetite.....”
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Watching two boss NPCs fight each other.

Thinking to myself NPC#1 is nuts.  Glad he is on my side and I do not have to fight him.

Five minutes later I have to fight NPC#1.

No spoilers in that but I did give NPC#1 their axe so they could go to Valhalla.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top