Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What federal agencies do we really need?
View Quote

probably about 1/8th of the ones we actually have.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just don’t get the end game. So fine you replace the police in major cities and screw up the current systems in place that would give you power. Americans already owned a shit ton of guns, and that was 8 months ago. Do they honestly believe the brown shirt shit will fly outside of the major population zones? Do you really think all they have out in the sticks are bird guns and six shooters?

Don’t get me wrong I get what the commies want. But it’s like they’ve spent 100 years getting to the tipping point but then just can’t hold their wad any longer.
View Quote

Order out of chaos. They want your income, lifestyle and security reduced to the point you beg for their intervention.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

DHS isn't even old enough to drink. G-Dubbs created it out of thin air ~19 years ago.
View Quote

DHS is just an umbrella department housing Border Patrol, TSA, Federal Protective Service and other agencies. It also comprises the largest government employee union.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You are good with OPEN BORDERS ?
EVERY border jumper getting citizenship and voting rights?
You want communism in America? This is how you get it.
View Quote

Upsides and Downsides

Getting rid of the ACLU and all it's supporters would be more useful but we're about 70 yrs too late damage done.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't forget Islamic terrorism.

Obama and Brennan had DHS purge all that information and Philip Haney blew the whistle.
View Quote

RIP Phil Haney.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You agree with getting rid of the Coast Guard, ICE, Border Patrol, INS, USSS?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For once I agree with those commie bastards.

Privatize Touch Some Arse.

The mindless autistic screeching of some of these  “dismantle DHS” types is beyond laughable and shows an absolute ignorance as to what DHS does and to even what agencies are in it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#7]
ACLU V. SPLC...Celebrity Death Match

ACLU were hoaxers all along.

Covid deaths dropping off a cliff, must start up new Controversy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can I call for the dismantling of the ACLU?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Lefties trigger the armed response after they take control of the Congress and Presidency. Pass "emergency" gun restrictions and confiscations to stop "armed rebellion." Police and military disarm the country while arresting "rebellion ringleaders and traitors." Use full power of government against non-believers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#10]
It is a monumentally bad idea.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m calling for the dissolution of the ACLU....
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I never liked DHS but it hasn’t seemed as corrupt in leadership as the FBI.  Maybe just dissolve the FBI and absorb the good people into DHS.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#13]
In this thread we learn who understands what DHS is and who does not
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’ve got no issue with border patrol, I’ve got issues with DHS becoming another government hydra
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I’m good with this. Put the LE agencies back where the were pre-DHS, let the FBI absorb ATF and DEA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At least half of government agencies need to be folded up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

DHS is a creation of the Bush after 9/11 along with the Patriot Act.

Break up DHS and put it like it was pre 2002.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#18]
To be replaced by... Megaforce?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just don’t get the end game. So fine you replace the police in major cities and screw up the current systems in place that would give you power. Americans already owned a shit ton of guns, and that was 8 months ago. Do they honestly believe the brown shirt shit will fly outside of the major population zones? Do you really think all they have out in the sticks are bird guns and six shooters?

Don’t get me wrong I get what the commies want. But it’s like they’ve spent 100 years getting to the tipping point but then just can’t hold their wad any longer.
View Quote

I thought that they would back up when Fast and Furious happened and gun control had a major set back, but no they keep moving on with their other parts of their plain and it looks to me that they got the cart before the horse. Then it occurred to me that we a dealing with people that are putting forth insane ideas which leads me to believe that there is a thing called "group insanely". It is most likely brought on by a uncontrollable lust for power and manifest its self in cases like what happened in Germany just before and during WWII. If this is the case it frightens me as insane people are unpredictable and one can not use norms as a indicator of where things may go.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

in 2001 some people did something....

View Quote

@Kbear

And I would let them do it another time if it meant we never got the Patriot Act.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Secret Service back to Treasury, Coast Guard back to Mil/DOJ?

Okay.
View Quote

Customs back under Treasury, too!
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is customs and border patrol under DHS?
View Quote

It’s Customs and Border PROTECTION. Border Patrol is another arm under DHS, but related to CBP.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In this thread we learn who understands what DHS is and who does not
View Quote

Yep.........

the net result of disbanding DHS would mean everyone doing the same thing.....just with the old patches on their uniforms, and without the intra-agency coordination that DHS made possible.

I also find the "abolish the ATF" posters laughable.....as they somehow think that by doing away with the agency all the existing firearms laws would suddenly cease to be enforced.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#24]
The FBI was crooked as all get out under Hoover who was a vassal of Lewis Rosenstiel an ally of Bronfman & Lansky.
Basically the forerunners of Les Wexner Robert & Ghislaine Maxwell and Epstein...IMO
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can't disagree with downsizing the Government. Maybe not completely getting rid of DHS, but a 50% reduction in the size of Government from top to bottom, Fed and State, would be a nice start.
View Quote

This.  You clearly do not understand how many political hacks work in the government.   Not the everyday door knockers but the useless people that go there and literally do nothing....but complain when they are put on vacation when the .gov shuts down only to be paid later.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#26]
If the ACLU is for it, I'm against it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#27]
given the choice, I expect most would prefer dissolution of the ACLU!
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The mindless autistic screeching of some of these  “dismantle DHS” types is beyond laughable and shows an absolute ignorance as to what DHS does and to even what agencies are in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For once I agree with those commie bastards.

Privatize Touch Some Arse.

Most of those agencies existed long before DHS.  All adding DHS did was create thousands of needless SES positions and more Executive Deputy Assistant Directors and other stupid titles to all of the agencies underneath it.  Most of the agencies would just go back to DOJ and Treasury
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
To be replaced by... Megaforce?
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ExaltedPositiveDalmatian.webp
View Quote

I'm 100% behind this. Not even kidding.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#30]
The ACLU is nothing more that a renamed version of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It’s Customs and Border PROTECTION. Border Patrol is another arm under DHS, but related to CBP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is customs and border patrol under DHS?

Border Patrol is UNDER CBP.  USBP reports to CBP who reports to DHS.  CBP consists of Border Patrol (green uniforms), Office of Field Operations (blue uniforms) and Office of Air and Marine (tan uniforms)
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Can we dissolve the ACLU?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm good with it.

View Quote

30 years in a large state LE agency, DHS scares me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#34]
If ACLU gets is successful oh well...much of f what we hate about DHS could have been accomplished by getting rid off f the Patriot Act.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#35]
DHS is literally redundant and pointless. It was a reaction to govt security agencies not coordinating as much as legally possible in the run up to 9/11, but doesn’t include the two main agencies that failed at the time, the FBI and CIA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

RIP Phil Haney.
View Quote

F*ck BathHouse Barry and his ilk.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Okay.
View Quote

The Coast Guard has never been under DOJ.  Was previously under the Department of Transportation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Wait, is the DHS the umbrella agency to the agency that handles immigration enforcement? Or is that two different agencies?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lefties trigger the armed response after they take control of the Congress and Presidency. Pass "emergency" gun restrictions and confiscations to stop "armed rebellion." Police and military disarm the country while arresting "rebellion ringleaders and traitors." Use full power of government against non-believers.
View Quote

Imagine if Herr Hitlery had cheated her way into office and was at the helm?   Frauds (Fauxi, Birx (sp)) have manipulated the Bad Orange Man but with Herr Hitlery she would have gone full blown retard.  

Of course, the leftist uprising and burning and loot'n would not enjoy the support of the media unless it was part of a general plan for Marshall (sp -  deliberate) law and disarmament of the American Citizen.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Okay.
View Quote

USCG was part of DOT (except when under DOD command for deployment purposes)
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The only reason the ACLU wants to disband DHS is to end all border and immigration enforcement.
View Quote

I have a feeling it has something to do with the use of DHS personnel in Portland....
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#42]
I dealt with DHS the first three years of it's existence. Cluster Fuck doesn't even begin to describe that mess. I can tell you one thing, that first and second round of hires for that agency took some of the most incompetent individuals from other agencies and gave them supervisory positions. Most of those folks I knew are fast approaching 20 years service and 60 years old, or are over 60 now and either scheduled or retiring in the next 3 to 4 years. When I saw who was getting the jobs, I decided to go work for the VA, that should tell you something right there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Today, in this thread, I learned that many here are essentially doing the ACLU's job for them.  Congratulations.

ETA: Because as we all well know, they're going to stop at the DHS, that will make them happy.  They're certainly not going to attack the next thing, and the next, and the next.  Their goal is the complete dismantling of the United States as a whole, they're just flying under the radar by proposing to do it piecemeal.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly, DHS has alot under it, Secret Service, Border Patrol/CBP, Coast Guard. Without those, we would have open borders.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wait, is the DHS the umbrella agency to the agency that handles immigration enforcement? Or is that two different agencies?
View Quote

Yes, USCIS, CBP, and ICE are all under DHS.  However, they all existed in some form before DHS was formed
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm conflicted, ACLU are commies but I wouldn't mind getting rid of a few agencies like this and the ATF
View Quote
Any cuts (Dollars or personal) to DHS, should = Double additions to ICE and BP...
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Any cuts (Dollars or personal) to DHS, should = Double additions to ICE and BP...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm conflicted, ACLU are commies but I wouldn't mind getting rid of a few agencies like this and the ATF

Except the cuts to DHS they want to make to DHS is ICE and BP...
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#48]
BREAKING: AeroworksXP is calling for the dissolution of the ACLU
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The ACLU is nothing more that a renamed version of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
View Quote
At this point yes.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#50]
ITT: Absolute fucking walnuts think when the ACLU says "dissolve Dept Homeland Security" they mean organize CBP/ICE/USCG the way it was before instead of getting rid of them completely
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top