BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Medium is a range from 37" to 41". If you fall in that range then you're a Medium if going by chest size alone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5' 7" approx 175 pounds, jacket size is a 40 (if that helps)...medium or large?  (i don't have plates)
Chest size is king here. Everything else is secondary.
I have pretty wide shoulders, what exact measurement would help you out?
Measure the circumference of your chest. Click me. Just like that.
~39"
That makes you a Medium according to U.S. Mil. sizing standards.

If you want to be sure, make a cardboard cutout of the plate and check for fit.

Plate dimensions thread for anyone who needs it.
@CAKEPWNER

I re-measured cause i messed it up the first time, still a Medium?  Should I take into account the fact that I haven't been working out chest as much recently?  (dealing with shoulder injury) so it'll likely get a little bigger here shortly
Medium is a range from 37" to 41". If you fall in that range then you're a Medium if going by chest size alone.
I'm a little over 41", saw someone reviewed that 10x12 plates fit the large carrier perfectly and those are likely what I'll get so I feel good about getting the large.  Plus gives my chest some room to grow.  Appreciate the help!
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
What plates are medium sized
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like Medium - 9.5" x 12.5" sized plates

review posted said 10x12" plates fit perfectly in the large carrier though so I went with Large
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:32:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you're asking what model, that'll depend entirely on your budget and weight limit. Plenty of plates out there that come in the SAPI size range.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#5]
After further review, despite the price, I'm not sure this PC would be any better than the one I already have.  And the price thing kinda goes out the window if you add the side plate pouches on.  Add to that only black left... and reluctant pass.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Sometimes I really hate this place
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sometimes I really hate this place
View Quote
Sometimes I hate myself
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like the Cyber20 is now expired.

I should of FOed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I should of FOed.
View Quote
Nope

Yup

Wonder if it’s still with it at $79 + $4.50 shipping.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope

Yup

Wonder if it’s still with it at $79 + $4.50 shipping.
View Quote
I didn't get to the shipping screen but the $79 is still available except for OD green for some reason ($100 for that color).
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The one I want only comes in black.... Will I still be considered an operator if I don't have camo
View Quote
KRYLON ALL THE THINGS

Here is a picture set I use when I am talking to people about this. Images not mine.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Point is, it doesn't matter what size if you won't wear them correctly. Down at your belly button might be more comfortable to you, but it's not helping...
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nope

Yup

Wonder if it's still with it at $79 + $4.50 shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should of FOed.
Nope

Yup

Wonder if it's still with it at $79 + $4.50 shipping.
It's dead Jim

Still a GREAT price. One of the ones I bought in August was $156
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully this comes back around again.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered mediums but meant to get larges V1 multicam and a V2 gray.  Called Tuesday to see if they could change at least one and they said they may be sold out.  Shipping notice said mediums shipped.

Package showed up and they were larges

Now to find decent budget plates...
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered a Medium. So looks like 10x12's will fit in the Mediums just a bit tight?

Thanks OP for posting.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine came today.

Emphasis on the minus. There's not much to this. I got a large, and my large BulletProofMe plates are a little loose in it. Maybe I should have tried the medium.

This will probably forever be a slick carrier to be used with a belt rig for me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mine came today.

Emphasis on the minus. There's not much to this. I got a large, and my large BulletProofMe plates are a little loose in it. Maybe I should have tried the medium.

This will probably forever be a slick carrier to be used with a belt rig for me.
View Quote
All you need nothing you don't. Great to build on.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I ordered mediums but meant to get larges V1 multicam and a V2 gray.  Called Tuesday to see if they could change at least one and they said they may be sold out.  Shipping notice said mediums shipped.

Package showed up and they were larges

Now to find decent budget plates...
View Quote
@defenderhome I searched like a maniac. Finally decided to start with RMA level IV for $198 a pair. I realize they are heavy. (8 pounds)
I carried newspapers with a double bag as a kid. I can do this.
https://rmadefense.com/product/level-iv-hard-armor-plate-model-1155/
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@defenderhome I searched like a maniac. Finally decided to start with RMA level IV for $198 a pair. I realize they are heavy. (8 pounds)
View Quote
Thank you for that!  I will check them out!
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have thank the guy earlier in the thread who suggested these.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine arrived today.  Much less there than I expected,  I suppose a good thing as long as it holds up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Mine arrived today.  Much less there than I expected,  I suppose a good thing as long as it holds up.
View Quote
Hypalon is tough as fuck
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#23]
DISCOUNTED PRICING IS BACK!
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine arrived today and i had the same thoughts, its definitely minimal. What looked like side panels on the plateminus v2 in the images turned out not to be actual pockets for inserts and are just panels to mount stuff on. It looks like im going to have to sew an additional strip of velcro on the elastic cumberbun strap to keep the front edge of the side panels secured. It seems fairly comfortable but I need to get some plates in it for final verdict. May possibly need shoulder pads too.

I got all black. Can i spray paint this thing?
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 12:58:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Mine arrived today and i had the same thoughts, its definitely minimal. What looked like side panels on the plateminus v2 in the images turned out not to be actual pockets for inserts and are just panels to mount stuff on. It looks like im going to have to sew an additional strip of velcro on the elastic cumberbun strap to keep the front edge of the side panels secured. It seems fairly comfortable but I need to get some plates in it for final verdict. May possibly need shoulder pads too.

I got all black. Can i spray paint this thing?
View Quote
I threw my SKD shoulder pads on one
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know which size best fits the 10x12 .8” botach plates?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anyone know which size best fits the 10x12 .8" botach plates?
View Quote
A carrier with 10x12 plate pockets.

Otherwise, you're stuck with maybe making a SAPI Medium work or filling in space in a Large.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the six pack bandolier and like it very much.  Unfortunately I bought another brand plate carrier that was on sale just a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Otherwise, you're stuck with maybe making a SAPI Medium work or filling in space in a Large.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is about a specific carrier that’s on sale. I’ll rephrase the question. Has anyone tried the 10x12 botach plates in the medium blue force gear minimalist plate carrier?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have the six pack bandolier and like it very much.  Unfortunately I bought another brand plate carrier that was on sale just a couple days ago.
View Quote
I got one of those. Great way to grab and go a bunch of mags
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This thread is about a specific carrier that's on sale. I'll rephrase the question. Has anyone tried the 10x12 botach plates in the medium blue force gear minimalist plate carrier?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is about a specific carrier that's on sale. I'll rephrase the question. Has anyone tried the 10x12 botach plates in the medium blue force gear minimalist plate carrier?
I'm considering a set strongly. I'll let you know if I get them. The IV ones right, not the 3+?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm considering a set strongly. I'll let you know if I get them. The IV ones right, not the 3+?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right. They are between sizes for this carrier. Just wondering if anyone has tried to stuff them into the medium
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah woops. I've got 3 of these threads to keep track of.

Well regardless what I said still applies. Whether or not a Medium will work will depend on how tightly the plate pockets were designed.

ETA: If you have the carrier in hand you could easily rig up a dummy plate with some stiff cardboard and a filler material to get it to the appropriate thickness and check for fit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
someone in the reviews said 10x12 fit perfectly in the large...thickness wasn't mentioned
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
someone in the reviews said 10x12 fit perfectly in the large...thickness wasn't mentioned
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone know if there’s any difference in the sizes of these carriers other than the plate pockets? If all three carriers are the same size, and only the plate pocket dimensions are different, then large would be the obvious choice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Any updates on coupon codes?  The one listed in the OP seems to be invalid now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Any updates on coupon codes?  The one listed in the OP seems to be invalid now.
View Quote
The Black Friday coupon code is done but they're still on deep sale
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top