BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
ARFCOM 101 (Page 14 of 25)
Page / 25
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By LoBrau:

Finding mom's skin-flick and the subsequent third-party meltdown hasn't made on here yet?

If you had included a link, it would be here.

Link Posted: 7/8/2011 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By LoBrau:

Finding mom's skin-flick and the subsequent third-party meltdown hasn't made on here yet?

wait- what?

Link Posted: 7/8/2011 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 10:27:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stantonizm] [#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Thanks, I can't do such wizardry from work.
Link Posted: 7/8/2011 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]

I had seen that thread, but never bothered to read it- now I almost want to.... but at the same time, am very, very afraid

Link Posted: 7/8/2011 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By theal:

I had seen that thread, but never bothered to read it- now I almost want to.... but at the same time, am very, very afraid  

It's beautiful!

Here's the spin-off from the guy who thought the swinger thread needed to end with a duel:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1204355
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#8]
There should be a mention of Arfcoms favorite author, Shelly Seal!
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 2:41:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Why isn't this tacked?
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Arfpocalypse Now Part II is missing a few pics at the end
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:42:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rugerlvr] [#11]
I'd love to see something about the driveway that wasn't a driveway thread..
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I just realized that there's not an entry for SYSTEM MESSAGE (aka SYSTEM) in spite of this thread documenting clever comments wrapping up threads.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Laughed the entire read, this has to be read!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
what about the pressure washer I always hear about?
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
BTT.
-SS
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok I'm in
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#17]

That might be the greatest system message ever.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#18]
We need to include "Who the fuck are you?" and "milk-spec."
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm wondering why Crisicane 2011 (or how we all got shitfaced while the Yankees panicked) is not here
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Gatorhunt:
Well the OP of the thread hasn't been on in almost 4 months and hasn't posted in almost 6 months, just sayin.

Maybe some of you guys could start dropping some links to this stuff you speak of in here so the rest of us could enjoy what we have been missing.

I was just about to post the same thing.  Did the OP get the ban hammer or something?

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Well the OP of the thread hasn't been on in almost 4 months and hasn't posted in almost 6 months, just sayin.

Maybe some of you guys could start dropping some links to this stuff you speak of in here so the rest of us could enjoy what we have been missing.

Initial posts

The Pit thread

So is he banned yet?
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 7:29:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GenYRevolverGuy] [#25]

Originally Posted By Grin:

Initial posts

The Pit thread

So is he banned yet?

Don't forget the boiling:

ETA: I'm pretty sure Gatorhunt isn't talking about TT. He's talking about the OP of this thread.

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

Initial posts

The Pit thread

So is he banned yet?

ETA: I'm pretty sure Gatorhunt isn't talking about TT. He's talking about the OP of this thread.

Yes. Gatorhunt wants links to the new terms, like milk-spec and "who the fuck are you"
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#27]

IIRC, he took a job overseas.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
This is important.

No matter what you do in a tech forum, DO NOT read the Resource links at the top, or any of the tacked threads before asking questions.  There's a good chance that questions from noobs have been answered at least 8787 times, and your local moderators are patient, but worn out and bored by the repetition.  

just directed a New Guy to the tacked threads just above his own post that says, Build Your Own Fucking AR!
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I believe the OP is a contractor in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 9:44:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#32]
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 1:15:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Some of the following contains context that might only be understood after reading the first thread.  Many hair brained arguments were presented in that thread.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32967

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32968

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32969

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32970

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32971

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=32972

Holy shit you actually know what that says? I read it and think this is referring to a plane on a treadmill but that is about it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:56:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: resq2106] [#35]
Originally Posted By RWkelly in the Girl in the Library thread on 28 September, 2011. Quoted here for posterity:

UNCLASSIFIED

Copy 1 of 1

GD/ARFCOM

Fort Living Room, VA

280600 SEP 11

OPERATION ORDER 11-01 POONTANG

References:

Maps: DMA, series V785, VIRGINIA, sheets 8787 I, 8787 II, scale 1:50,000.

TASK ORGANIZATION:

TASK ORGANIZATION PH I (281930 SEP 11) [Prepare for Combat]

Team Forward:75thAR Action Element (1/0)

Sustainment: ARFCOM GD

Useful Advice (2/10)

Random Crap (15/18371987134)

Pic Requests (15/276134)

TASK ORGANIZATION PH II (282000 SEP 11) [Make Contact]

Team Forward:75thAR

Action Element (1/0)

Sustainment: On your own buddy

TASK ORGANIZATION PH III (282030 SEP 11) [Seal the Deal]

Action Element (1/0) [2/0?]

Sustainment: Hopefully you won’t need any
TASK ORGANIZATION PH IV (291200 SEP 11) [Consolidate and Reorganize]

Action Element (1/0) [2/0?]

Sustainment: ARFCOM

Pic Requests (15/1000000)

Random Crap (indefinite)
1. SITUATION

a. Enemy.

(1) General: The world is full of swinging dicks, most of them will try and get the same thing you want.

(2) Offense: The enemy’s most likely course of action is to secure a relationship with the target before friendly forces can make contact. The enemy will retain the relationship indefinitely if allowed to proceed. The enemy’s most dangerous course of action is pretty much the same. Time is on the side of the enemy. The more freedom of maneuver given to the enemy, the less likely friendly forces are to succeed.

(3) Defense: Friendly forces have completed some minor reconnaissance efforts indicating that the target is receptive to further contact. This is really the only defense needed, she aint gonna slit your throat or anything.

(4) Rear: HaHa, rear…SIIHPAPP (not really, unless you’re into that sort of thing)

(6) Terrain, Weather and Light.

A. Forecast: check the weather channel. I’m not gonna do everything for you.

B. Terrain and Weather effects

I. Terrain: Library atmosphere is open and unthreatening. By engaging in a safe, public place you are less likely to creep the shit out of the anticipated contact.

II. Weather: None. Unless it’s gonna rain, then bring an umbrella. Could come in handy (hint hint-"let me walk you to your car”)

b. Friendly Forces.

(1) ARFCOM Mission: Enjoy as much humor as possible while assisting a fellow ARFCOMMER score with the "Girl At the Library” (GAL)

(2) BDE Disposition Offense: [ARFCOM] Pretty much everywhere in a not particularly helpful way
(3) ARFCOM Commander’s Intent (offense): We will provide as much advice as we can with only passing interest in your success. Frankly, if this thing goes south, it would probably be more entertaining, but there are some valid suggestions that might just get you laid.

(4) ARFCOM Disposition Defense: Pfft, it’s the internet, anonymity is on our side. Plus, it’s not like we’re ricking our dicks anyway.

2. MISSION: 75thAR conducts movement to contact o/a 282000 SEP 11 in AO Sex Panther to gain contact with and engage in conversation with target female "GAL”

3. EXECUTION.

a. CDRs intent: Decisive to this operation is rapidly moving to contact with the stated female, and hopefully get a coffee or maybe some sweet snacks from a local bakery while engaging in light conversation and maybe exchanging numbers

The endstate for this operation is for 75thAR to have initiated a dialogue between himself and target female "GAL”. If all goes well, he may just get to wet his willy at some point in the future.

b. Concept of the operation: This operation will be conducted in four phases:

I. Prepare for Combat

II. Make Contact

III. Seal the Deal

IV. Consolidate and Reorganize

(1) Manuever

A. PH I: ARFCOM will provide as much assistance as we feel like IOT provide 75thAR with a COA that will maybe get him laid. At the very least, we expect a picture or something.

B. PH II: It’s pretty much on you at this point. After researching the replies thus far, I do this: (copy/paste from Hard_Rock)

"Dude, relax. She's a girl, not a monster. Just say Hi. That's all you have to do. She'll say hi back, smile and then you say My name is ________. Don't think of her as a girl that you find attractive, just think of her as someone that might be cool to hang with. Offer to get her coffee for her if you want. Be a gentleman and don't try to hit it like a retard on a drum set. Just be nice and polite and friendly. She's waiting for you to come to her. She's probably just as shy as you are and can't figure out how to get the conversation rolling. Yeah, it might be awkward at first but you'll both get through it.

It's also okay to blush a bit and be nervous. It's not going to kill you, just don't pee yourself or shit yourself and you'll be fine... Unless you have Stan's syndrome (see South Park).

Take a deep breath and stop worrying about it. Trust me, after an hour of talking, you'll end up laughing about how both of you were too nervous to approach the other.

Think of it this way, by just saying hi, you might be finding the best friend you've ever had.”

C. PH III: Really no need for a phase III, just follow the direction given in PhaseII. I just wanted to add one to make it seem a little more complex.

D. PH IV: ARFCOM MUST be updated!!! I cannot stress this enough. If you don’t come back with an AAR of either glorious success or douche-chill inducing embarrassment you will be ARFCOMS newest pariah. Honestly, we’ll get plenty of enjoyment from either scenario, so long as you have something to report. If you let this disappear, well, we probably won’t notice.

4. SUSTAINMENT

a. ARFCOM SOP is in effect. I’m not gonna go into detail, but we all pretty much know the drill. "Pics”, "SIIHPAPP”, "Troll Thread” etc are all accecptable responses.

b. I can’t believe I’ve written this whole damn thing. I’ve made real OPORDS that didn’t take this long. Someone better get some enjoyment out of this dammit.

c. Resupply:

(1) Bring money, buy coffee.

(2) I’m running out of things to say, just get to it.
d. Casualties and Damaged equipment: SOP

e. Class specific supply:

(1) Class V: Double basic load.

(2) Class VIII: You have a 1st aid kit, right?

d. Transportation: Whatever you do, for the love of God, don’t use public transportation. Nothing says "worthless sack of shit” like taking public trans if there is any sort of option. Skip the bicycle too. Not implying you ride a bike, just felt like pointing that out.

5. COMMAND AND SIGNAL

a. CHAIN OF COMMAND:

(1) PHI: ARFCOM

(2) PHII: 75thAR

(3) PHIII: 75thAR

(4) PHIV: ARFCOM

ETA: Girl in the Library thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1235080_girl_at_library.html&page=1

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 11:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kujoe] [#37]
Yes, please add the Wingnut submission to the "We are 99%" movement.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1237537_Ok__who_is_this_.html
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Thug pistol whips old lady in armed robbery. CCW holder ends thug. Thug's associates create Facebook group demanding justice. ARFCOM trolls the Facebook group as documented by this EPIC THREAD.
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

Initial posts

The Pit thread

So is he banned yet?

I would say the whole Target Target thing, should make Arfcom history,

Mods tack this in GD please
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#40]

/SNIP/

Sometimes, someone asks about the fable of the theoretical ARFcommers; then the wise practical ARFcommers know it is time to gather everyone around to tell the story of conveyor belts and airplanes, and how the world lost 60% of its people because they refused to leave pride behind and drink from the Well of Enlightened, Secure, and Joyous Knowledge. Then, the older children draw balanced free body diagrams of the various and wonderful mechanical devices that help make their everyday lives so wonderful. The younger children practice solving problems of physics, and the other sciences, that are laden with tricks and deceptions designed to confuse the logical application of the Fundamental Truths of science. The practical ARFcommers know they must occasionally dip into the Well and remind their children that F=ma and will until the last star turns dark.

I read this a "Twas the night before Christmas," tone.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Seansworth:

Link Posted: 12/14/2011 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Bump for dupe defeat.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#44]
How can any thread like this not mention Dave_A in the first post?
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#45]
It is time for NoloContendere to be added to the ARFCOM 101 thread.

Nolo was just honored with a Lifetime membership by a large group of members who donated towards the cause.  The Lifetime membership is a small token of our appreciation for his work in starting and maintaining the ATF Gunwalker thread that is now one of the longest, if not THE longest thread in AR15.com history. It details the murder of 2 US Federal Agents, the murder of hundreds of Mexican Nationals, the ongoing investigations into the BATFE, DOJ, IRS, DOS, and the FBI among other alphabet agencies.  It has resulted in national media coverage, and Nolo has been instrumental in assisting the investigations to proceed.

Truly one of our most remarkable members, it is my pleasure to nominate him to this thread.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mhoffman:
Blading at 45 / DISENGAGE! / Massive Adrenaline Dump - Perhaps the most memorable WalMart thread on ARFCOM, where an employee of the store attempted to disarm a member who was purchasing ammo.  The member wrote about his experience, and what he did (blading away at 45 degrees) what was on his mind (DISENGAGE!) and what he was going through (Massive Adrenaline Dump).  It has become recognized as the pinnacle of all WalMart threads, setting the bar for generations to come.

Here is the original thread.  And a re-enactment on YouTube.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:37:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Loe_307] [#47]
Glad this thread is here. I still consider myself pretty new and this thread will hopefully prevent too many stupid questions. Also gave me a great deal of insight to ARFCOM lore. Love it. Will be buying a membership come payday.

EDIT: Annnnnnd bought!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#48]
bump
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 1:37:51 AM EDT
[#49]

where is the OP?
Love this thread.

Link Posted: 2/21/2012 1:39:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By fish223:

It is time for NoloContendere to be added to the ARFCOM 101 thread.

Nolo was just honored with a Lifetime membership by a large group of members who donated towards the cause.  The Lifetime membership is a small token of our appreciation for his work in starting and maintaining the ATF Gunwalker thread that is now one of the longest, if not THE longest thread in AR15.com history. It details the murder of 2 US Federal Agents, the murder of hundreds of Mexican Nationals, the ongoing investigations into the BATFE, DOJ, IRS, DOS, and the FBI among other alphabet agencies.  It has resulted in national media coverage, and Nolo has been instrumental in assisting the investigations to proceed.

Truly one of our most remarkable members, it is my pleasure to nominate him to this thread.

Glad to see this, about to ask in our HTF about the OP.

Page / 25
ARFCOM 101 (Page 14 of 25)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top