Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

ARFCOM 101 (Page 5 of 25)
Page / 25
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Wandering Duck thread: A member had a girlfriend with a female roommate who was overly protective of her stuffed animal: and plush duck that could be bought at any Walgreens in the country. The arfcommer stole it for a weekend and took photos of it doing odd things to make the roommate mad; eventually other arfcommers bought similar ducks and took pictures of it doing things all over the country. Kind of an arfcom Flat Stanley thread emerged. -Summer 2005 to the best of Kalahnikd's oft-wrong memory
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Imbroglio,"All I need is a 10/22 and a .38 or 911 on speed dial"
Styeraug
McUZI
Gecko45

Link Posted: 5/13/2009 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
"The ARFCOM Curse" - A site specific euphamism for Divorce.  Threads with this in the title usually progress into a sort of ARFCOM center for lessons learned tutorial.  Actions recommended usually end up being some combination of drunkenness, promiscuity, prayer, and serious spiritual reflection after completely removing firearms from your place of residence "right fucking now."
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I allowed to nominate "elite handpicked cadet company"?
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Wandering Duck thread: A member had a girlfriend with a female roommate who was overly protective of her stuffed animal: and plush duck that could be bought at any Walgreens in the country. The arfcommer stole it for a weekend and took photos of it doing odd things to make the roommate mad; eventually other arfcommers bought similar ducks and took pictures of it doing things all over the country. Kind of an arfcom Flat Stanley thread emerged. -Summer 2005 to the best of Kalahnikd's oft-wrong memory

That's kinda true.  What he did was steal the duck, then bought one exactly like that and was sending it to members and then some other members bought some as well and we created an entire photo album with the duck and then returned the album and the duck to the room mate after a year.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I think in the Box of Truth, Old Painless or his own mention of Tman.   He was a big part of many experiments that Old Painless did.   He wasnt a big poster here from what I see but if you bounce around many of the BoT pages his name is mention quite often.   The posts he did here where very professional and I bet he had forgotten more about firearms than most people will ever know before his passing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 9:37:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mhoffman] [#7]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

OMG I remember hearing about that!  It's definitely hitting the list - anyone have a link to it in the archive? (Hopefully still with pics?)

_MaH

ETA: Does anyone know/recall what David Olofson's ARFCOM user name is???
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anybody mentioned the best answer to the question: "How do I get rid of *******?

Why, "KILL IT WITH FIRE", of course.

Didn't that response originate here?
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I had no idea the Ryan's story started here. When that thing first started making the rounds, I worked at a software startup that had just under 30 employees - all male, all aged mid-20's to early 30's. That story literally brought work to a complete halt for at least a half an hour.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I was reading through to make sure you got the wandering duck

That was pretty funny for a while
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]
That list is a great idea. On another note I miss ronmann he was fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hd_pancho:
Why the hell isn't this thread tacked?

What about the ARFCOM Fear Factor?

Link to the Arfcom Fear Factor Final featuring Tequila Bobs winning entry

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TimJ:
Naked mag dump- a member chased off theives in his birthday suit. emptying a mag from his AR over their heads as they fled the scene.

THAT REMINDS ME!  What about ALPHAGHOST!?

Chasing the bad guys with his AR!!!
VID LINK!!!  http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/memoryblade/?action=view¤t=incident__.flv
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 3:35:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Libertyhillguy] [#17]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By TheMocoMan:

Originally Posted By TimJ:

Naked mag dump- a member chased off theives in his birthday suit. emptying a mag from his AR over their heads as they fled the scene.

THAT REMINDS ME!  What about ALPHAGHOST!?

Chasing the bad guys with his AR!!!

VID LINK!!!  http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/memoryblade/?action=view&current=incident__.flv

Good one.

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#20]
lmao, I love this site.  Need to add this one:

Keith_J:  bastard knows everything about everything, especially if it is made from metal

In other equally amazing news, I saw a thread of his where it was proven he did not know everything.  My mind was blown and I don't know who I am or where i am at.  But here is the thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=3&t=617850
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:13:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#21]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Threecurl:
I had no idea the Ryan's story started here.

He's a member here; can't remember who.

That wandering duck thread almost made me piss myself.  Didn't the duck get blown up?

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Isn't this for vague references.

No one ever references the wandering duck do they?

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Oh yeah the "Car Wash Draw Down" is still referenced today in threads
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 4:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ghengiskhabb] [#24]

Shoulder thing that goes up

In an interview between Tucker Carlson and Carolyn McCarthy, the following exchange took place:

Carlson: In February you introduced the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007; it would regulate semi-automatic assault weapons including weapons that have pistol-grips or forward grip and something called a "barrel shroud." Weapons with a "barrel shroud" would be regulated. What’s a "barrel shroud" and why should we regulate it?

McCarthy: I think – I think the more important thing is that it also would have banned the large capacity clips that Colin Ferguson had used, and also the killer.

Carlson: I’m sorry – I read the legislation, and it said that it would regulate "barrel shrouds." What’s a "barrel shroud" and why should we regulate them?

McCarthy: The guns that were chosen back in the – in those days were basically the guns that most gangs and criminals were using to kill our police officers. I’m not saying it was the best bill but that was the best bill we could get out at that particular time –

Carlson: Do you know what a "barrel shroud" is?

McCarthy: I actually don’t know what a "barrel shroud" is –

Carlson: Oh, okay, because it’s in your legislation.

McCarthy: I believe it’s the shoulder thing that goes up.

Carlson: No, it’s not.

For the record, a barrel shroud is a piece of metal with holes in it, designed to protect the person firing the firearm from burning his hand on the hot barrel concealed beneath the shield. It has nothing to do with how the weapon operates, but it can make a gun look scary, in an "ooga-booga!" sorta way, if you wear Birkenstocks and wear pleather. (quoted from http://www.mikelief.com/archives/2007_04.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo
More Thrust Per Squeeze

An idiotic comment from an idiotic reporter named Paul Vitello for Newsday March 4, 2004 in which he gave the world the following literary gem:

"Now, the so-called assault weapons ban - weak and evadable as it is - is due to expire. This will make it possible for gunmakers to return their products to their full monty of killing power: more bullets per clip, more thrust per squeeze. The National Rifle Association has made the end of the ban one of its top priorities."

Complete article may be found a member's site whose name I forget: http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2004/03/they-never-ever-stop-and-they-have.html

Mr. Vitello later remarked in his March 9 column about how gun owners had cured his lonliness problem.

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Haven't read the whole thread...

Did anyone cover "Fix Bayonets Forward"?

Or "The shoulder thing that goes up"?

I'm a terrible writer, so maybe one of you more talented guys can write them up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
What????
No Fuckin' Gernades????
Gotta put Covert up there with his Youtube battle with the Gansta rapper dude
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Where's "eject" along with the pilot pic?
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By E-95:
Looks like Wdsman did the groundwork and already compiled a good selection of Piccolo's gut busting stories here:

SEC, Ryan's, Fire on a plane, A-square

E-95

This^^^  The Seeing Eye Cat stories are some of the most hilarious tales I have read, EVAR! Wes
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#30]
You seem to have left the "Squatdog" entry in it's inside joke form. I think that is outside the point of this article.
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#31]
ost
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By fosters:
What????
No Fuckin' Gernades????
Gotta put Covert up there with his Youtube battle with the Gansta rapper dude

You don't fuck with us, cause we're fuckin nuts, and I don't mean cashews!
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Five pages and nothing about "rickroll?"

"You've been rick-rolled!"
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Anybody mention this classic yet?

Sawzalled lower receiver.

Link Posted: 5/14/2009 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#36]
What, no Aardvark?
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Willmar:
What, no Aardvark?

it's an anteater
Link Posted: 5/14/2009 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#38]
TAG!
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 2:52:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By toaster:

http://i39.tinypic.com/1t3g28.jpg

Loved that one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#42]
just now read through this and a whole bunch of stuff got missed......................guess i'll take pen to paper later and see what all i can come up with

BTW, i know you can say MARPAT now but can you still not say T_NK?
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 10:28:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BeetleBailey] [#43]
awesome.  I've been here a while and a lot of that made me chuckle.  Definitely needs a tack somewhere.  Of the things I can think of that you left off:

-Axl for his multiple epic posts, but most importantly, he was the brainchild behind the "send a brick" campaign that another member took and ran with regarding securing our border

-the Ryan's buffet story
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#44]
tag
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By toaster:

http://i39.tinypic.com/1t3g28.jpg

Holy crap?!?!

That guy is insane!! Who in there right mind would chop up there lower?!
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

Not sure that deserves inclusion.  Much like "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU......." that was a meme started by 4chan.

_MaH
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By mhoffman:

Not sure that deserves inclusion.  Much like "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU......." that was a meme started by 4chan.

_MaH

you still need the ammo fort, draw down origin and free pressure washer story.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ScaryBlackGuns:
Gourami
Here toy go
Both should be banned from civilian use!!!!!1
You can't take fire on a plane
SEC

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By krpind:
Originally Posted By mhoffman:

_MaH

you still need the ammo fort, draw down origin and free pressure washer story.

I remember ammo fort, but not how it started.

The rest are completely unknown to me.  Please share and I'll include them.

_MaH
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 2:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhoffman] [#50]
OH MY GOD

I just read the Ryan's Steakhouse story.

I haven't laughed like that in years

Added!

_MaH

ETA:  Fire on a plane added.  Interesting to know we have a modern day Prometheus amongst us
Page / 25
ARFCOM 101 (Page 5 of 25)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top