Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2022 4:28:56 PM EDT
Ok, I know what you're thinking, so I'll cover this up front. I'm not fat. 6'6", 210 pounds, currently training for a marathon. I also shower daily, because I run daily.

That said, my pits sweat like it's going out of style. I can sweat all the way through a specifically designed sweat absorbing undershirt, dress shirt, and suit coat when wearing a suit sitting still in the air conditioning. That takes maybe an hour in a 70 degree room with zero stress. I can go through my work outfit (t shirt and button up shirt) in 30 minutes at a desk, also in a 70 degree room with low/no stress. Nothing else is excessively sweaty - back, crack, etc. all stays pretty much dry. Obviously heat, exercise, and stress all increase the problem, but this is without any of those being involved. Oddly enough, no major odor problems.

I have tried every brand of deodorant I can find on a store shelf - stick, gel, and spray. I started reading active ingredients and buy the ones with the highest content (20%). I've put on two brands at once. Some claim to be 'prescription strength.' They used to work at first, and then later I would switch brands when one quit, but none of them work anymore. It's to the point I have to change shirts at lunch time.

So, school me up. What do I need to do to stop staining every shirt I own?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
get the suana suits fat people  use to sweat.  
the goal isnt to stop the sweat  but to control the direction which it flows.  

wear the plastic suit  thingy under your work cloths.,  

the at the bottom of the pants insert atube to collect the sweat..  

you can let it run under your desk or insert one leg into a bucket  and empty the buclet  out once an hour.  

sucks..  but your clothes will be dry .  

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I've found spray antiperspirant to be remarkably powerful
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Maxi pads.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

you can let it run under your desk or insert one leg into a bucket  and empty the buclet  out once an hour.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've found spray antiperspirant to be remarkably powerful
View Quote

What's your brand? I have a can in my bathroom right now that doesn't do anything.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Drysol
View Quote

Thanks, I'll check that out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]
FYI. Don’t try shaving your pits, makes the sweating worse.

Friend told me that..
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Antiperspirants always made me sweat more.  I now just use dove Men’s deodorant and call it a day.  I also run a trimmer over my pits every once in a while.  Chopping down the forest helps keep me dry as well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Right Guard Sport antiperspirant spray
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Try deodorant instead of antiperspirant. Sounds counterintuitive but I would try that first
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#13]
You obviously have some deep rooted guilt that needs to be addressed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Title is misleading. Sounds like you just wanted advice from the common man who share your same problems, and not some fucking money-grubbing doctor. Amirite?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Any alcohol or supplements?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck aluminum powder, just put entire chunks of bar-stock under your arms
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Secret.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Some guys just sweat a lot.

I worked with a guy that would sweat while he was eating, and he wasn't out of shape.

Put some pepper or anything spicy into the mix and he would literally have sweat rolling down his face.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Have you tried Certain Dri. That shit cured my hyperhidrosis in about 6 months
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Have you tried using an antiperspirant?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Have you tried using an antiperspirant?
View Quote

That's too easy...
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Are your shirts too tight?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Drysol
View Quote

100% this. Use a couple days a week, cut down on sweat 99%.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Mitchum is the only antiperspirant that uses the maximum 25% allowed for OTC deodorants.

I assume you think you need some prescription strength stuff, but try it out first. I believe Dollar General carries it nationwide.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#27]
OP would be fun to watch in an interrogation.   It was the Kung Pow!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any alcohol or supplements?
View Quote

No supplements. Maybe a six pack of beer per week.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Old Spice Original my entire life

And my cologne….women love it

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Talk to your doctor. Excessive sweating like that isn’t normal and an indicator of very serious problems.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#34]
https://www.nativecos.com/

My wife got me on this stuff a couple years ago.

It works.

I like the charcoal flavor.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Botox!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Check out Sweat Block.  I used it and combined with the aforementioned Mitchum, I stay dry.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#37]
salt crystal. end of story

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Surgery. Sympathectomy
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Certain Dri. I started using it decades ago and my armpits haven't sweat since. I mean zero sweat ever, even when working out or running. You put it on at night before going to sleep. At first I think you're supposed to use it once every few days. Now I will use it maybe once every few months, if I think of it, and still zero sweat.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
https://www.nativecos.com/

My wife got me on this stuff a couple years ago.

It works.

I like the charcoal flavor.

View Quote

You eat your deodorant?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I sweated to much when I used antiperspirant.  I switched to Arm & Hammer Essentials deodorant (citrus...doesn't really have perceptible scent, certainly not perfumey), and rarely have perspiration issues anymore.  I ride a mountain bike in the Florida pine woods in the summer, and yes I perspire on the bike, but have no odor issues.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Secret
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Surgery. Sympathectomy
View Quote
Oof. Going hardcore immediately.

Go see a dermatologist. Here's a list of various things tried by physicians, with varying levels of success:

-Treatment with prescription antiperspirants, such as 20% aluminum chloride hexahydrate or 6.25% aluminum chloride hexahydrate
-Topical glycopyrronium is an anticholinergic drug that inhibits sweating through inhibiting the action of acetylcholine on sweat glands.
-Botulinum toxin  Periodic botulinum toxin injection into affected skin is a safe and effective method for improving axillary hyperhidrosis. However, treatment can be painful and expensive.
-Microwave thermolysis  Microwave energy can be utilized to destroy eccrine glands and relieve hyperhidrosis in the axilla [47-51]. A commercial device designed to focus microwave energy onto the dermal-adipose interface has been approved by the FDA and is commercially available. Limited availability and cost may limit access to this therapy.
-Oral glycopyrrolate
-Oral oxybutynin
-Iontophoresis, a treatment based upon the use of electrical current to inhibit sweating, is most often used for palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis.
-Sympathectomy  The endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS) procedure for upper extremity or cervicofacial involves the interruption of the upper thoracic sympathetic chain through cauterization, cutting, or clipping.

These all come from Uptodate.com, which physicians use to review all kinds of diagnostic and treatment studies and recommendations. Go visit with a doctor, probably a dermatologist.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Certain Dri. I started using it decades ago and my armpits haven't sweat since. I mean zero sweat ever, even when working out or running. You put it on at night before going to sleep. At first I think you're supposed to use it once every few days. Now I will use it maybe once every few months, if I think of it, and still zero sweat.
View Quote

This
I am a heavy sweater, not under arms anymore
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Antiperspirants always made me sweat more.  I now just use dove Men’s deodorant and call it a day.  I also run a trimmer over my pits every once in a while.  Chopping down the forest helps keep me dry as well.
View Quote

This guy is right, in my opinion.

Maybe some gold bond or whatever as needed when you get out shower. Then just plain deodorant.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Have you tried Certain Dri. That shit cured my hyperhidrosis in about 6 months
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top