Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Good.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet, I'm interested. Especially for around $1k.
View Quote
This.  I’ve been waiting on the A3...
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Should have made it use scorpion mags. Scorp mags are best mags.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
MAC wasn't that impressed with it, had issues with spent casings getting stuck below the bolt in the frame. Lotta empty space in it looked like.
View Quote
It was updated to eliminate those issues, I believe he got some old parts in his T&E gun accidentally.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was updated to eliminate those issues, I believe he got some old parts in his T&E gun accidentally.
View Quote
Yep. It had a mix of old and new parts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's great.

But honestly, how useful is delayed blowback on a semi-auto SMG?
View Quote
Straight blowback has more recoil. I have 5.56 AR's with less recoil than my PCC's.

Btw these have been used in competition in Europe for a couple of years, what I really want is the A3 carbine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What this be?

Ive been thinking about doing up a AR build but if I do it I want it to take the colt mags atleast
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

US made lowers that will accept different mags and allow use of standard AR FCG's is already in the works. (IIRC, Safety Harbor is on the job.)

While, I have been waiting for something like this for a long time, I will do my best not to be a first adopter. I am also stoked for the MEAN Arms system and want to see how it pans out, as I already have a bunch of Colt style SMG components as well as an SBR'd CMMG MK9 lower.
What this be?

Ive been thinking about doing up a AR build but if I do it I want it to take the colt mags atleast
@chase45

Read here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Poor man's b&t , I'll own one
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I saw the pic above.  That's surprising!  I think the Evo seemed smaller because of the lines and angles, it flows...the Striborg looks like a MAT-49, a .45ACP M-10, and an MP5 had a threeway and this was the baby, very boxy with a lot of right angles!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its slightly smaller than a scorpion evo.
I saw the pic above.  That's surprising!  I think the Evo seemed smaller because of the lines and angles, it flows...the Striborg looks like a MAT-49, a .45ACP M-10, and an MP5 had a threeway and this was the baby, very boxy with a lot of right angles!
Looks like a simplified APC9, to me...
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Height over bore is
going to be a bitch !!!
View Quote
It's better than an HK claw mount, and comb height is the limiting factor anyway.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Oh, compared to a totally different firearm category, with its own pros & cons, got it...

I still see that dude at SHOT popping himself in the jaw with that dumb thing by accident every time someone posts the Flex
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The manual of arms where you have to fire on an empty chamber, oops, drop mag, insert new mag, reach to the front and recock the gun is retarded. Retarded and gay. It is strikingly similar to the G3.

The mounts were the standard German claw type. Those too are retarded and gay. Only fairly recently have they been standard milled/welded.

There are many choices out there that are *FAR* superior options. The Striborg is likely one of them. (I own an MP5, havent handled the striborg yet)

Mp5 has things going for it like stupid low recoil and dedicated fanbois. ETA: Also parts breakage is extraordinarily low. Gotta give credit where due.

When compared side by side with the Scorpion, especially the newer iterations, it is only better than them in the recoil dept, but let's face facts, it is a 9mm, and the cost comparison between the two more than puts the advantage in the scorpion's favor.

Compared to my Kriss or The Sig it is so far behind that it couldn't even be put in the same league. I expect the Striborg to be no different.

ETA: Honestly I would grab my PS90 before the Mp5 in a pinch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP5 is laughably bad.

No option of red dot. No last round hold open. Retarded manual of arms. Magazines are expensive. Parts support is nonexistent or overpriced.

H&K thinks you suck and hate you.

Honestly the only thing it has going for it is cool factor.
Lol wat

There has been mounts for literal decades. Last round bolt hold open is a lame complaint. The manual of arms is striking similar to the SP9A3 in this thread. Mags are 30 bucks unless you have to have German ones. Parts are readily available and reasonable for the parts that will wear
The manual of arms where you have to fire on an empty chamber, oops, drop mag, insert new mag, reach to the front and recock the gun is retarded. Retarded and gay. It is strikingly similar to the G3.

The mounts were the standard German claw type. Those too are retarded and gay. Only fairly recently have they been standard milled/welded.

There are many choices out there that are *FAR* superior options. The Striborg is likely one of them. (I own an MP5, havent handled the striborg yet)

Mp5 has things going for it like stupid low recoil and dedicated fanbois. ETA: Also parts breakage is extraordinarily low. Gotta give credit where due.

When compared side by side with the Scorpion, especially the newer iterations, it is only better than them in the recoil dept, but let's face facts, it is a 9mm, and the cost comparison between the two more than puts the advantage in the scorpion's favor.

Compared to my Kriss or The Sig it is so far behind that it couldn't even be put in the same league. I expect the Striborg to be no different.

ETA: Honestly I would grab my PS90 before the Mp5 in a pinch.
Parts breakage is hardly low; MP5s practically run on extractor springs

Plus they keep changing the roller retainers, presumably because the design keeps sucking.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Should have made it use scorpion mags. Scorp mags are best mags.
View Quote
Or cheaper B&T mags, at least; they're practically identical as is.  Luckily, the aftermarket shall provideth.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
NY legal?
View Quote
*laughs in Liberal

Is there even such a thing?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Kinda related: I shot a mp5 variant for the first time today. Zenith pistol with folding brace and 9mm can. Mix of sub and super ammo

The good: light recoil, iron sights, hk slap
The ok: trigger
The bad: safety is horrible to use. Reloading at speed is hard. No magwell.

Honestly I’d take this sp9 or a tuned AR15 pistol over it. Especially when you factor in the cost.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]
The no magwell thing for MP5's bothers the shit out of me as well.

Don't get me wrong, MP5's are MP5's, they're a blast.  But newer competitors should be looked at.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Or cheaper B&T mags, at least; they're practically identical as is.  Luckily, the aftermarket shall provideth.
View Quote

does it take colt/uzi mags? Cause that looks like a colt mag. I am all over this if it does.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#19]
As I said in the PCC subforum thread, I'd like to see a 3-lug barrel, and shorter than the A1 model.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top