Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2023 10:08:12 PM EDT
Honda 250 Recon. Would like a protective plastic case maybe, instead of a rack. Swampy deep woods and brush, lots of tight places, so cross-wise would be asking for trouble. Prefer facing forward on the front, like maybe a Kolpin laying flat at an angle across the front rack with the buttstock to the rear? Any ideas, experience, pics, etc greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
No suggestion, but have a bump for the day crew.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
in for suggestions
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to see some recommendations for this. I want to install a rifle "scabbard" on our ranger. I'd like it to be easily removable for when we take it on booze cruises with a hundred other ATVs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
https://www.kolpin.com/en-us/shop/accessories/gun-transport-carriers/classic-gun-boots/gun-boot-4-3-with-bracket/

I have one of these on one of my Foremans.  The boot is removable, leaving just the bracket when you're not hunting.

Not great, but not bad either.  Mine was free, so I use it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.kolpin.com/en-us/shop/accessories/gun-transport-carriers/classic-gun-boots/gun-boot-4-3-with-bracket/

I have one of these on one of my Foremans.  The boot is removable, leaving just the bracket when you're not hunting.

Not great, but not bad either.  Mine was free, so I use it.
View Quote

Yeah, that's probably the correct solution. I'd really rather have the gun in front of me instead of mounted behind me, but as the pic shows, there is just not a lot of room for anything other than the cross-ways rack-type holders:

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I always liked those Thompson scabbards they put on the WWII WLA's, but I can't see any way of adapting that concept or anything even remotely similar:

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:52:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:51:27 AM EDT
[#9]
sling
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I used a pelican case on my foreman 400, worked great for many years
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, that's probably the correct solution. I'd really rather have the gun in front of me instead of mounted behind me, but as the pic shows, there is just not a lot of room for anything other than the cross-ways rack-type holders:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228605/IMG_2-2794764.jpg
View Quote

More often than not, I go out with a padded case like you have pictured, bungee strapped to the front rack.

I use the boot more during hunting season, when carrying an 870 with 28" barrel, which is much wider sitting across the front rack.

Some people mount the Kolpins on the front, but it makes it awkward getting on and off.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top