User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2022 2:20:19 PM EDT
That is all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
weed and whiskey; good stuff!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean like, that ugly stuff they make guitar inlays and purfling out of?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably some weird Asian chick
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

The food.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Japanese Food - GIANT ABALONE Liver Rice Sushi Teruzushi Japan
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, you ever tried geoducks?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
What ever you do, don’t let one of those suckers sneak out of your game bag and crawl up under the seat in your car and die. When it dies it is hard to find and you will never get the stink out of your car. I speak from experience.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]

I haven't yet, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#14]
damn those are some tiny ass abs. Free diving North coast of California the smallest you could pull was 7 inches. Get 2 times the meat on a 9 or 10 inch abalone. I believe it takes approx 30 years to grow a 10 inch abalone in the wild. These are red abalone
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]
The first time my dad and I went abalone diving, he had to call a family friend to get the rundown on how to prep them.
The instructions were:
"Yeah, you jest pop'em out de shell and put dem in an ol' pillacase. You den whack Der backs real firm-like on de ground. De loose up and eat real tenda."
"Uh, yeah, sure. I'll do that, Larry," said my dad. ...and he did. Word for word, without deviation.
I stood in front of my dad to follow the technique and watched closely. He skillfully popped one out of the shell as if he'd done it a million times, slipped it into a pillowcase with all the confidence in the world, and then smashed that delicious snail down on the driveway with a swing that would make John Henry shed a tear.
The result was a shadow of a 11 year-old me left on the side of the house. The aerosoled innards escaped that old pillowcase and covered me from head to toe with that poor ab's briny bowels. The green gust of guts stained our driveway, the side of the house, and left me looking jaundiced for the better part of a week.
My dad made an angry call to old Larry thinking we had been pranked. Larry, meanwhile, thought that there would be enough brains between us to figure out to remove the squishy bits pre-slam
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The first time my dad and I went abalone diving, he had to call a family friend to get the rundown on how to prep them.
The instructions were:
"Yeah, you jest pop'em out de shell and put dem in an ol' pillacase. You den whack Der backs real firm-like on de ground. De loose up and eat real tenda."
"Uh, yeah, sure. I'll do that, Larry," said my dad. ...and he did. Word for word, without deviation.
I stood in front of my dad to follow the technique and watched closely. He skillfully popped one out of the shell as if he'd done it a million times, slipped it into a pillowcase with all the confidence in the world, and then smashed that delicious snail down on the driveway with a swing that would make John Henry shed a tear.
The result was a shadow of a 11 year-old me left on the side of the house. The aerosoled innards escaped that old pillowcase and covered me from head to toe with that poor ab's briny bowels. The green gust of guts stained our driveway, the side of the house, and left me looking jaundiced for the better part of a week.
My dad made an angry call to old Larry thinking we had been pranked. Larry, meanwhile, thought that there would be enough brains between us to figure out to remove the squishy bits pre-slam
View Quote

That's hilarious. If you don't know how to shell and clean them it could be a daunting task. Best ones I've eaten is camping at Ocean cove and diving for dinner. Fresh out the water and right into cast iron pan
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Came to post gooeyducks
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The instructions were:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Found some from back in 2010.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Those fucking things live like a 100 years. Made me almost guilty to have eaten so many of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top