Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2021 2:39:01 PM EDT
My buddy, Otmar Moergenthaler, had some stuff shipped to our home while he was between home ownership.  Included in shipments were bullets from Acme Bullets.

A couple of weeks ago, a box for Otmar was delivered to our house.  Otmar was in Vegas so I let him know his package from Acme Bullets had arrived.  He responds, “What bullets?”  I open the box and found a few hundred .44 and about a hundred .30-30 projectiles only.

He never ordered them.  He doesn’t load .44 and doesn’t own a .30-30.  While the label on the outside was for Otmar Moergenthaler, Whitebread McCrackerville, TX, the packing list inside was for Otmar Moergenthaler, Grassburr, CA.

He calls Acme and informs them of their misshipment.

A week later a package arrives with two Priority Mail padded envelopes in it to ship them back.  We are talking plastic, bubble-padded envelopes.  Instructions were to put a box in each one and drop off at the PO.

In case you don’t know, Acme ships in these cut little wooden dove-tailed boxes.  Both of these boxes had some heft to them but were no more than 12 pounds each.  Each one did have a single plastic strap around it.

I can’t imagine that Acme will get anything back other than two bags of loose bullets mixed with broken box pieces.....at best.

The people who sent the return envelopes may not have thought this through very well.

Oh, well, we did our part.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I find it interesting that there are actually two people in the USA named Otmar Moergenthaler that would order bullets from the same place......
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
How did they make it to you if they won't make it back in one piece?

Did you already break up the boxes and you are making a ghost level pressure washer thread?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Technically speaking, you're not on the hook to send them anything back.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Based on the track history of Acme products, I'd be damn leery of using them in any application.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I load .44 with Acme bullets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top