Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2022 7:11:38 PM EDT
Saw Psycho (1960) for the first time with nieces and nephew.   ADH has turned into a family tradition with us.

What an awesome movie.   And an awesome theater.  

I had pretty much sworn off movie theaters but ADH converted me back.   I pretty much just won't go to a movie theater unless it's Alamo Drafthouse.   Good food, comfy seats, super friendly staff, great service, BOOOOOZE!, and neat old classics that came out before my time.

I'm glad I got to see Psycho before it was banned for being transphobic or whatever.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yep.

Take the curtain off your shower before you invite GF over to spend the night for the first time.

See if she gets the reference.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Great movie, real life guy it was based on was scary.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
ADH owner and management are good people.  They put on an amazing day of guns, BBQ and beer each year and those attending are all foreigners, many getting to shoot their first firearm ever.  Few years ago my group was from Cuba, and on the second day ever out of Cuba in their entire lives they were shooting guns, eating BBQ and drinking local beer right here in TX. It was such a moving day for me getting to watch their mind being blown all day; such pure, genuine joy I have not ever witnessed in my own life.  We take a lot for granted. This year we got to shoot with Keanu.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ADH owner and management are good people.  They put on an amazing day of guns, BBQ and beer each year and those attending are all foreigners, many getting to shoot their first firearm ever.  Few years ago my group was from Cuba, and on the second day ever out of Cuba in their entire lives they were shooting guns, eating BBQ and drinking local beer right here in TX. It was such a moving day for me getting to watch their mind being blown all day; such pure, genuine joy I have not ever witnessed in my own life.  We take a lot for granted. This year we got to shoot with Keanu.
View Quote

Isn't this the same place that banned men from Wonderwoman or something?

Sounds woke as fuck to me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

They figured only gay dudes would go see wonder woman, so makes sense
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Great movie, real life guy it was based on was scary.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/59/a1/a2/59a1a27aa13c56b7a77b4a7ec3cf1319.jpg
View Quote

I didn't know that and after reading the wikipedia article about him.... holy shit.   The man had quite a collection of "artifacts."  
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Their staff are the same types you’d find waiting tables so many surely are liberal, especially around Austin. There’s no doubt they put off a woke vibe but I can assure you that you’d be surprised after hanging out with many on their management team, including their owner, if you were to talk politics.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't want to see Gal Gadot running around looking sexy AF, thats your problem.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
A little trivia, the blood going down the drain was actually chocolate.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw that a year or two ago with my daughter (17 or 18 at the time).  She's a huge Hitchcock fan.  

For the first few minutes of the movie there were quite a few people in the theater chuckling at how quaint the idea of a woman having an affair outside of marriage being scandalous was, and there was a good deal of tittering and chortling over how far we've come as a society.  I'll tell you what, though.  Once that shower curtain got yanked back, every motherfucker in that theater was completely silent for the remainder of the run time.  

Psycho is an amazing film.  Hitchcock was firing on all cylinders, and all too often Psycho gets tossed away as a horror or slasher movie.  It's every bit as well made as Rear Window, Vertigo, or North By Northwest.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A little trivia, the blood going down the drain was actually chocolate.
View Quote

Scared her that bad, huh?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw that a year or two ago with my daughter (17 or 18 at the time).  She's a huge Hitchcock fan.  

For the first few minutes of the movie there were quite a few people in the theater chuckling at how quaint the idea of a woman having an affair outside of marriage being scandalous was, and there was a good deal of tittering and chortling over how far we've come as a society.  I'll tell you what, though.  Once that shower curtain got yanked back, every motherfucker in that theater was completely silent for the remainder of the run time.  

Psycho is an amazing film.  Hitchcock was firing on all cylinders, and all too often Psycho gets tossed away as a horror or slasher movie.  It's every bit as well made as Rear Window, Vertigo, or North By Northwest.
View Quote

Yep.   Really just starts off as any old crime drama from the 1950s.  

Then it gets... gritty.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Amazon
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#15]
For me, it's the McChicken
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I loved going to the ADH when I was in Austin. Good times.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 1:15:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Saw Psycho (1960) for the first time with nieces and nephew.   ADH has turned into a family tradition with us.

What an awesome movie.   And an awesome theater.  

I had pretty much sworn off movie theaters but ADH converted me back.   I pretty much just won't go to a movie theater unless it's Alamo Drafthouse.   Good food, comfy seats, super friendly staff, great service, BOOOOOZE!, and neat old classics that came out before my time.

View Quote

ADH will Definitely spoil you for the Best movie experience!

And the Cool Old "Cult Classics" they bring back and run !  FANTASTIC!!

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep.

Take the curtain off your shower before you invite GF over to spend the night for the first time.

See if she gets the reference.
View Quote

I ain’t dating anyone that old.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 1:32:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I ain’t dating anyone that old.
View Quote

The older the prune... the bigger the social security check?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top