Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/17/2024 9:50:34 PM EDT
And it costs $8 a month.

https://www.pepperbox.tv/

They already load their videos with ad revenue. So now you have to pay to see a million ads for Sonoran Desert Institute. Want to support because fuck YouTube, but I think pay to watch is a tough sell for a start up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont a lot of them already post on rumble?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Its all getting old regardless of platform.  Constant endless shilling, dude bro personalities, fake bullshit lifestyles, everything is curated shit when it comes to content creators now so that when i actually do run across a video of someone discussing shit in a down to earth manner without the sponsors or pleading to smash the like button I feel like I just found a goddamn unicorn shitting golden eggs.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:01:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#3]
This has been tried by other youtubers, even Ian did it. I don't think it's worked out for any of them. While I appreciate the work these guys put into these very high quality youtube channels. I kinda miss the old low production value Youtube where it just normal people doing it for fun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't they try that about 10 years ago with something called full30 or whatever it was?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:
This has been tried by other youtubers, even Ian did it. I don't think it's worked out for any of them. While I appreciate the work these guys put into these very high quality youtube channels. I kinda miss the old low production value Youtube where it just normal people doing it for fun.
View Quote

They do it for fun,. Then they get a decent audience.  And then a sponsored product comes through.  Then they realize there's money to be made.  And money is fun.  So they are still doing it for fun.  

Technically, they get more fun with that money, so they are doing it for more fun after they went pro.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wvfarrier:
View Quote

Never read any further into it but do recall them shutting someone down for posting links to buy stuff. I think they’re pretty strict on advertising with out getting paid for it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
They need to pick ONE alternative site and stick with it. Patreon, Utreon, etc.... and now this. I don't think it will last.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:14:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#8]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
They need to pick ONE alternative site and stick with it. Patreon, Utreon, etc.... and now this. I don't think it will last.
View Quote

It’s all in the name. Some guy bought the guntube URL in the early days of YouTube as a financial investment. Then he wanted an astronomical amount for it that no one would even consider so it it just rots. I genuinely think it could have worked with that URL but shit like PepperBox or Full30 is never going to make it to any search engine algorithms.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
Its all getting old regardless of platform.  Constant endless shilling, dude bro personalities, fake bullshit lifestyles, everything is curated shit when it comes to content creators now so that when i actually do run across a video of someone discussing shit in a down to earth manner without the sponsors or pleading to smash the like button I feel like I just found a goddamn unicorn shitting golden eggs.
View Quote

Morgan Freeman meme approves.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

They do it for fun,. Then they get a decent audience.  And then a sponsored product comes through.  Then they realize there's money to be made.  And money is fun.  So they are still doing it for fun.  

Technically, they get more fun with that money, so they are doing it for more fun after they went pro.
View Quote
Oh I'm not mad at them for it, I'm sure it's a blast. But just saying sometimes I miss the simple videos by people who don't have to worry about making it a job.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#11]
The "please like and subscribe", click bait titles, and the 3 minute long plugs for the sponsors suck ass. Sometimes I turn the shit off as soon as that happens.

The same shit happens with shooting matches. I used to like to go to the old field/sniper style matches before PRS sponsor shit got involved. Now it's jersey bro boys and prize table greed instead of casual enjoyment.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to start one and call it.......Gunderdome!!!!!  
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#13]
It looks like several of these guys are already the Leviathan group guys.

Their content doesn't really appeal to me but going up against a behemoth like YouTube is tough.  Best of luck to those guys.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I love the idea. Fuck YouTube and how they screw gun channels however they can gargle my balls if they think I’m going to pay a monthly subscription to watch any of their shit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#15]
does that platform have automatic captioning?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GlockCamper:
The "please like and subscribe", click bait titles, and the 3 minute long plugs for the sponsors suck ass. Sometimes I turn the shit off as soon as that happens.

The same shit happens with shooting matches. I used to like to go to the old field/sniper style matches before PRS sponsor shit got involved. Now it's jersey bro boys and prize table greed instead of casual enjoyment.
View Quote

I run a plugin called sponsorblock that skips those sections automatically.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
Didn't they try that about 10 years ago with something called full30 or whatever it was?
View Quote

Yep. Full30 just never took off. Too niche.

Rumble is mainly political podcasts and branching out from that doesn't work very well unless you're VERY established on YouTube already.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:31:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlockCamper] [#18]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

I run a plugin called sponsorblock that skips those sections automatically.
View Quote

Will that work on a smart TV running the YouTube app? I can only take hearing about the gold and silver companies, Sonoran desert institute, coffee, and concealed carry insurance so many times (1 is too many).

ETA: Also fuck all the channels that make you watch a fancy 5 minute graphical intro, and then 18 minutes of talking intro before conveying 2 minutes of useful content.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I could care less.
Their content is retarded 99% of the time.
I’ll never pay to watch.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I feel like this has been done before.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

This is what I was recalling.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#22]
About the only gun content I watch regularly these days is Forgotten Weapons.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't care what the subject is, the only reason I'd pay is for the ad-free experience.  You can't charge folks and subject them to that crap.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Rumble is mainly political podcasts and branching out from that doesn't work very well unless you're VERY established on YouTube already.
View Quote

Yup. I have a small YouTube gun channel (~1700 subscribers). I’ve been uploading to Rumble for the past few weeks and I have…3 subscribers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#25]
YouTube has saved me many thousands of dollars.  Every vehicle repair or upgrade you can imagine has multiple videos available.  I was a mechanic professionally for 10 years, many years ago, and I have learned more from YouTube than anywhere.  Just today I changed spark plugs, pcv and air filter on our 2019 Grand Cherokee and would have seriously fucked things up without YouTube.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#26]
FPS russia was peak youtube guntube. It is over and never coming back.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Will that work on a smart TV running the YouTube app? I can only take hearing about the gold and silver companies, Sonoran desert institute, coffee, and concealed carry insurance so many times (1 is too many).

ETA: Also fuck all the channels that make you watch a fancy 5 minute graphical intro, and then 18 minutes of talking intro before conveying 2 minutes of useful content.
View Quote

If you have an android based tv and  not fucking stupid ass apple or roku you can sideload apps into it like grayjay or smart tube. These allow you to watch youtube without ads and it automatically skips sponsored segments.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#28]
So all the demoranch bros figured out how to make more money off the gun community by broing out behind a paywall? No thanks
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#29]
$8 a month? That's $7.99 too much.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I've got a better idea. Let's create an onlyfans for the people who are dumb enough to pay a subscription fee for this shit? we could call it gunsimps.com and do paywall live feeds of Andrew fondling a 1911 with his shirt off.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:08:12 AM EDT
[#31]
People have become so accustomed to content being "free" that it's the only viable business model.  Obviously viewers want quality content but they just aren't going to pay for it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

And they'll try again in another 3 years after this one bombs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:39:03 AM EDT
[#33]
The reason it never works out is that they don't abandon Youtube for the new thing.  They don't want to give up those sweet subscription numbers for their principles.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:

If you have an android based tv and  not fucking stupid ass apple or roku you can sideload apps into it like grayjay or smart tube. These allow you to watch youtube without ads and it automatically skips sponsored segments.
View Quote

We have YouTube premium and it’s completely worth it
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Just use Rumble
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
View Quote

Same for all passions.

Big Toyota 4WD fan, I’ve seen the content progression:

Phase 1: good content as they are fixing something in their garage or have good trail footage. Usually with decent camera.

Phase 2: “Like and subscribe”

Phase 3: sponsors.

Finding good content in phase 1 is becoming tricky.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mPisi: The reason it never works out is that they don't abandon Youtube for the new thing.  They don't want to give up those sweet subscription numbers for their principles.
View Quote

Did you eat some of your principles for breakfast?  Add a little sugar, a little milk, very filling and nutritious, aren't they?

Why are soap operas called soap operas?  B/c soap companies sponsored them b/c their daytime audience was housewives that bought soap.

Don't want advertising, pay for the product.  Don't want to pay, eat the advertising or sell your personal information.  TANSTAAFL.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

Yup. I have a small YouTube gun channel (~1700 subscribers). I’ve been uploading to Rumble for the past few weeks and I have…3 subscribers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

4 subscribers now
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#39]
$96 a year to watch ads? Fuck that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#40]
It's not going to work. There simply are not enough sponsors to pay everyone.

As nutty as he comes across, Nutnfancy puts out the best gun/shooting videos on YT.

Even the lapdog Sootch has quality content that's hard to beat.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Skip.... skip.... skip skip skip. Fuck this. Then when the channel pops up in recommendations I block it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Bellows1:
It's not going to work. There simply are not enough sponsors to pay everyone.

As nutty as he comes across, Nutnfancy puts out the best gun/shooting videos on YT.

Even the lapdog Sootch has quality content that's hard to beat.

View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#43]
$100 a year?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RV-1:

4 subscribers now
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:30:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#45]

4 subscribers now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

4 subscribers now

I subbed on Rumble, too.

Rumble needs to branch out and become a free speech version of YouTube. I've been lucky on Rumble myself with 19 subs, but I only livestream video game content there. My regular videos don't do nearly as well as my livestreams.

It's the opposite for me on YouTube, although my streams have been doing okay there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#46]
From the user stand point Rumble.com is the best option at this point. Like mentioned they ALL need to rally together and find one platform and stick with it have AD free option. Kind of hard to do when your YT video gets million's of views with your same video at Rumble.com getting under 100 views.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#47]
It's a simple matter of traffic and branding. Rumble has been branded as right-wing YouTube, so by that it cuts the traffic in half. On top of that, the predominant content is podcast videos and livestreams, so that's what ends up being pushed by the algorithm there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By glock27bill:
I don't care what the subject is, the only reason I'd pay is for the ad-free experience. You can't charge folks and subject them to that crap.
View Quote
This. Ads, on a platform you pay for, is fucking bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Rumble does a terrible job of showing related content. I've subbed to a couple gun channels there, but can't easily find more.

The main home screen is filled with unrelated videos I don't care about.

Terrible platform.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By wvfarrier:
View Quote

And the Odd Sea
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top