Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2023 9:01:08 PM EDT
Netflix has a good documentary on it. Lots of roid rage and contestants getting legitimately hurt. Some of the gladiators were also sent to the hospital.

Muscles & Mayhem: An Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I just finished that tonight. Pretty interesting .
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I met a former gladiator..female... about 10 years ago... she was fucking nuts!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I loved that show.   I liked when the contestants had to clime to the top of the "mountain" and the gladiators kept throwing them down.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I met a former gladiator..female... about 10 years ago... she was fucking nuts!!!
View Quote

A few of them are still in pretty good shape.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Full episodes are on YouTube.

if Ice ever wants to go straight, I'll give her a go
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#6]
My mom was a highly in demand professional photographer for 30+ years, like international awards type well respected portrait photographer.

One of the female gladiators was a local and came to have sexy time artful pics taken.   Some black and white silhouette type picture.   Now mind you my mom used 120mm medium format film with all hassleblad/zeiss lenses.    So we are talking high quality film long before digital.   Said gladiator orders some giant assed print of her naked ass that is like 40×60 and pays for the custom frame suitable for said print.    

Chick is making payments on the shit then suddenly stops/flakes.    That goddamn print sat around at our office for a few years.

Bitch probably did it for her boyfriend/husband only to get a divorce and suddenly decided to not pay her debts.   Self absorbed twat.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My mom was a highly in demand professional photographer for 30+ years, like international awards type well respected portrait photographer.

One of the female gladiators was a local and came to have sexy time artful pics taken.   Some black and white silhouette type picture.   Now mind you my mom used 120mm medium format film with all hassleblad/zeiss lenses.    So we are talking high quality film long before digital.   Said gladiator orders some giant assed print of her naked ass that is like 40×60 and pays for the custom frame suitable for said print.    

Chick is making payments on the shit then suddenly stops/flakes.    That goddamn print sat around at our office for a few years.

Bitch probably did it for her boyfriend/husband only to get a divorce and suddenly decided to not pay her debts.   Self absorbed twat.
View Quote

How much like something like that cost if you have to pay in installments?

Sell it now for profit?

I saw the netflix doc. Want to see the 30 for 30 on it too. I loved it as a kid. Someone on youtube has to have made a faithful reproduction of the tennis ball cannon by now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Pfft! Fake as WWF
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I loved that show.   I liked when the contestants had to clime to the top of the "mountain" and the gladiators kept throwing them down.  
View Quote

"Assault" was clearly the best event.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sell it now for profit?

I saw the netflix doc. Want to see the 30 for 30 on it too. I loved it as a kid. Someone on youtube has to have made a faithful reproduction of the tennis ball cannon by now.
View Quote

This was way back in the 80s but a giant assed print with custom wood frame(which we also cut in custom frame shop) could still be several 1000.   Especially if it was done on canvas which was a trend back then.

Not sure if print was before her time on show or during.

It eventually disappeared after hounding the idiot for long enough.   Business closed in early 2000's but I have memories of seei g that print when I was younger.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Really enjoyed this series.

Also found some of the gladiators are quite intelligent and well spoken.

Had no idea how much of a Wild West that was in the beginning.

Basically playing on concrete floors, minimal padding, no on-site doctor, etc..

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Zap posed nude for playboy. I wouldn't Google "Raye Hollitt Zap nude photos."
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

In before incels start posting F5 F5 F5 ?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Literally halfway through an episode right now

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pfft! Fake as WWF
View Quote
Wrestling was the original "reality show". And how do you fake some 300 lb dude flying off the top rope and landing on another 300 lb dude?  Staged or scripted is the word you are looking for instead of fake.

Unless its the Horsemen and Dusty Rhodes......they hated that sumbitch for real!
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Wasn't Gina Carano "Laser" or something like that?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was the reboot.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#18]
saw the documentary. interesting point. it was picked up during a writers strike. no script, so it was something they could put on cable with no scripts. was picked up a second time during a second strike, then dropped with the writers strike ended and they had more 'product'.

i vaguely remember it. prolly didnt watch. i did enjoy wrestling back in the day. knew it was fake but when you had folks like roddy piper, hulk, adre the giant and so forth it was fun to watch.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Assault was the best game
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I watched the first season. IIRC it was pretty brutal and the gladiators basically dominated every event for a few episodes, until they had one contestant who was a hard hitting SOB and clobbered a couple of the gladiators pretty good.

It was definitely not "fake". I mean, maybe they set up some of the games to be more difficult/more easy for particular contestants (or rather, types of contestants).  But the action was definitely real.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I watched the first season. IIRC it was pretty brutal and the gladiators basically dominated every event for a few episodes, until they had one contestant who was a hard hitting SOB and clobbered a couple of the gladiators pretty good.

It was definitely not "fake". I mean, maybe they set up some of the games to be more difficult/more easy for particular contestants (or rather, types of contestants).  But the action was definitely real.
View Quote

Nitro took a head shot from a contestant playing some ball game and lost consciousness.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I know a guy who was a contender on that show.

He isn’t a huge dude so he wasn’t like manhandling the gladiators. Ended up starting that final event with like 10 second deficit. He destroyed the other contender and won the episode lol

I loved that show when I was a kid so I was pumped to find out someone I knew was on the show. Talked to him about it quite a bit one day and it all sounds pretty just like I expected. About a year ago the episode he was on finally found it’s way to YouTube. It was one of those military episodes. He was stationed nearby and saw an ad around the base about trying out for the show and went for it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I wanted a tennis ball cannon so bad.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Shame there isn't a place to stream the full series or buy the DVD box set or something.  I looked for it recently and came up empty handed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Shame there isn't a place to stream the full series or buy the DVD box set or something.  I looked for it recently and came up empty handed.
View Quote

There’s an American Gladiators YouTube channel that has clips and full episodes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I loved that show back in the day! Just finished watching the documentary. Pretty good and I can't say I'm surprised about the dirty laundry they aired about the show.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There’s an American Gladiators YouTube channel that has clips and full episodes.
View Quote

Well hopefully there's an easy way to get all the shows off it without having to watch on youtube.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Assault was the best game
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Who was the really cute sandy blonde contestant in blue?  I can’t seem to find any pictures, but I sure remember her
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Watched the hell out of that when I was a kid.   Not surprised to hear they were on steroids.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#35]

The "It's MAAM" event must have been rough.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#36]
My friends and I used Nerf guns to set up our own "Assault" courses in our houses, using couch pillows as targets for the "contestant." It was glorious.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did, and was not disappointed.??
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I wouldn't Google "Raye Hollitt Zap nude photos
View Quote
She reminds me a bit of the chick from Under Siege.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#39]
tag
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Loved the show as a kid. I thought Malibu was around a lot long than 1 season.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the reboot.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/.image/t_share/MTg3NzUxMjAyOTg0MTA5NDMz/gina-carano-crushes-on-american-gladiators.jpg

Would snu snu

I offer myself as tribute to her
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember. All the previous contestants had been notably smaller than the gladiators, then they had one big black dude (ex-football player?) who was as big, or bigger than the gladiators. Epic collision!

*** Wow... I actually remembered the contestant's name! Craig Williams.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

She was also nude in a movie with John Ritter (of Three's Company).
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Netflix has a good documentary on it. Lots of roid rage and contestants getting legitimately hurt. Some of the gladiators were also sent to the hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw38WFM4MCg
View Quote

They have an official YT channel that puts up clips and even old full episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/@AmericanGladiators/videos

Season 7 Grand Championship! ?? | American Gladiators | Full Episode | S07E09
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Wasn't it steroid central for all including females?
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 1:56:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wasn't it steroid central for all including females?
View Quote

That was obvious just from watching the show.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:35:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I did, and was not disappointed.??
View Quote

The carpet matches the drapes.  Beautifully.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 2:45:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone remember battle dome?

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 3:28:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sell it now for profit?

View Quote
Mark Rober made a sweet one.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top