Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2024 3:24:05 PM EDT
I think this is the right spot, I remember a big travel trailer thread and mention of a specific forum but I don't really see any travel trailer posts.  Anybody had a Coachman trailer?  That make a pretty decent looking tiny trailer that would be perfect to pull with my bronco just to screw around with the kids a couple times a year but I know nothing about the brand.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
All trailers are junk. Find one with the features you want and a deal you can live with and go have fun. They are ALL JUNK.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve had a Coachman trailer before, and it was pretty solid. The build quality was good, and it held up well over time. If you're looking for something fun and easy to tow with your Bronco for family trips, it sounds like a great choice. I'd recommend checking out some reviews and maybe visiting a dealer to see one in person before you commit.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The build quality on travel trailers has gone severely downhill since Covid from what I've read. Models from 2016-2019 in good condition are probably going to be a better value. I'd look for a Grand Design from before 2020. My uncle and aunt have one and it's nice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate the responses, like I said i know nothing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Ah, you are the man.  I knew the moved it or did a forum but couldn't find it.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 2017 283rks I’ve had since new April 2016.   Getting ready to sell it actually.

I’ve you are not cable of fixing little things compressor are not for you.

All campers are built as cheaply as possible until you get into 7 figures.

When you are shopping for them look at how the drawers are built. If they build strong drawers the rest will be above par.  From my experience.  

I bought mine from wanna rv.  Paid 19.3k there when they wanted 27k local.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My last trailer was a 1995 Hornet. It served us well for quite a few years for what we paid for it. We then upgraded, and I use that term very loosely, to a 2005 35foot Cedar Creek 5th wheel with all the bells and whistles. The build quality on that high end trailer was shit compared to that old cheap run of the mill Hornet. We looked into trading a few years ago but every trailer we walked into had doors falling off with no screws ever being put in the hinges. One had a ceiling fan that had fallen and broke the kitchen island as it came down. I looked at the wife and said before i spend $100k on a new one I will just start upgrading the one we have and safe $70k.

If you go and look and a bunch of different trailers you will quickly see that they are all pretty much the same. I think they al get their floor plans from the same compay. They al use lipert frames to start off with. They all get their lumber from the same companies, all of the apliaces are all famed out to the same companies. Every component that goes into these trailers all come from the same sources. All these factories do is cut parts to fit and assemble the same shit. The final step is the only difference. That is when they put the stickers on the outside.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
appreciate it guys, now that I know where the forum is actually located i have gone down the rabbit hole pretty deep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top