User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 48
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Butternut:

There is another gent on YT that's neck deep in this and really seems to do deep research, and months ago he reported Stellantis docs that showed the 6.2 SC Hemi was definitely slated to carry on into 2025 and maybe past. He's a younger black gent that speaks with a lot of slang, so it would not surprise me if many older white guys in the community might not watch his vids - but man he seems to know his shit. Anyway, he's the one I learned more detail about how they are paying absolutely insane gov fees that made all of the gazillion 5.7s and 6.4s (because their production numbers are much greater) to be not even remotely near as revenue generating as most folks might think, even though they were selling em hand over fist.

Personally I don't know if the Hurricane is actually giving them more problems than they initially expected, or if they are finally reconsidering it might be a better business model to stick to making masses of V8s to chase more revenue at slimmer margins, or maybe even if they are thinking the admin might change with the election, and the gov penalty fees might go away in a couple years, but yeah, I've generally heard the same, and hope it's true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shocktrp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJmeSm5_cY

There is another gent on YT that's neck deep in this and really seems to do deep research, and months ago he reported Stellantis docs that showed the 6.2 SC Hemi was definitely slated to carry on into 2025 and maybe past. He's a younger black gent that speaks with a lot of slang, so it would not surprise me if many older white guys in the community might not watch his vids - but man he seems to know his shit. Anyway, he's the one I learned more detail about how they are paying absolutely insane gov fees that made all of the gazillion 5.7s and 6.4s (because their production numbers are much greater) to be not even remotely near as revenue generating as most folks might think, even though they were selling em hand over fist.

Personally I don't know if the Hurricane is actually giving them more problems than they initially expected, or if they are finally reconsidering it might be a better business model to stick to making masses of V8s to chase more revenue at slimmer margins, or maybe even if they are thinking the admin might change with the election, and the gov penalty fees might go away in a couple years, but yeah, I've generally heard the same, and hope it's true.

It has occurred to me that if Trump wins, he'll presumably roll back a lot of those regulations like he did the first time he was elected. IIRC reversing that was one of Biden's day one moves. Perhaps the auto industry, or at least the folks at Stellantis are betting on a Trump victory?
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Butter Da Insider?

He shares info with TK, OC, and a few others.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't messed with it, but from the vids I've watched, it might possibly be a trick of choosing the launch RPM to best jibe with one's tires, the surface, and maybe the temps. I was reading in a HC forum where some of those diehard bros were getting their best times using it. God knows around where I live I can't experiment with all that on our roads.
View Quote

Even when I set my RPM down to 1500, still felt like I was getting wheel spin but likely user error!
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone is by chance chasing a leftover 23 HC, you might wanna check out Koons Jeep/Dodge in Tysons Corner VA - I was surfing the other day and noticed they have a literal fleet of them.

I suspect they must have some kind of pull with Stellantis, or just really aggressive buyers. I recall back when we bought our Charger from them, and they had a fleet of Trackhawks, and the sales dude told us they had secured all of the remaining available ones at that time back then.

View Quote

I'd be willing to bet that they are screwing buyers & that's why they aren't selling any of them...
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flphKm6OBvg
View Quote

I've seen this and, frankly, suspected the same.  My cars dyno has definitely hit 500 before.  I tried it after I saw this video.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#10]
At what percentage do you change your engine oil???

I usually do mine at 15-20%.

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:27:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#11]
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:
At what percentage do you change your engine oil???

I usually do mine at 15-20%.

View Quote

my meter never gets that low, I don't drive the car all that much.  B/c mine was bought new I try to stick pretty close to the requirement to avoid fucking up my warranty.  Warranty gone soon, so then I'll let it go down to something like that.

In our JGC we let it go down to about the same as you.

the resident oil expert (foxtrot I think) has had discussions on this.  While it isn't going to hurt the car to change it more frequently, oils have advanced to a point where, depending on the car, they do not degrade as fast as oil change schedules would imply.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you by chance do a thread in bobistheoilguy on oil intervals for the 6.4 too? I was surfing one night, came across it, and the pic looked kinda like your SP?
View Quote

that wasn't me but I did ask some questions in a relevant arfcom thread about the 6.4 specifically.

general consensus is 6 months is darn early but nobody wants to cock up their warranty lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Page / 48
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top