Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 49
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#1]
I think it might happen his weekend unfortunately.  Wife's car is having a few issues and is 10 years old.  I think it's time to get her into something newer so I'll need to make a sacrifice.  

I'm green on it and should pocket ~20k to have on deck for when I opt for something else.

eta posted up a couple accessories in EE and challenger forumz if anyone interested.  Quad tips will go up soon too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Power dollars just came back today.

Looks like Hellcat is excluded, but $5K off remaining Scat Packs (which is still too high since they raised MSRP over $8K since 2021 & they still had a $3K rebate in 2021).

https://www.dodge.com/challenger.html

https://www.dodge.com/incentives.challenger.2023.html#/model/CUD202303
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
I think it might happen his weekend unfortunately.  Wife's car is having a few issues and is 10 years old.  I think it's time to get her into something newer so I'll need to make a sacrifice.  

I'm green on it and should pocket ~20k to have on deck for when I opt for something else.

eta posted up a couple accessories in EE and challenger forumz if anyone interested.  Quad tips will go up soon too.
View Quote

You're going to regret it...
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

Looks like Hellcat is excluded, but $5K off remaining Scat Packs (which is still too high since they raised MSRP over $8K since 2021 & they still had a $3K rebate in 2021).

View Quote

That's probably too little, too late. I'll be thinking about something in December depending on which way everything swings election and economy wise.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 12:37:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chromekilla] [#5]

View Quote

Man if that was on a hellcat that would be nice.
I just don't feel there is many people out there with cash or credit to burn.

I've witnessed like 10 mills shutting down in my state recently. It tells me nationwide, stuff ain't so good.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]

You're going to regret it...
View Quote

I know I will (already do) but I need to be smart about money right now and I need to ensure my wife isn't driving a car with problems, she sometimes drives home from work very late at night.  I gotta take one for the team as they say.

I'll get back into something fun not too far down the road, when the time is appropriate.  Maybe another challenger, maybe a fast sedan.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 8:49:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#7]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

Man if that was on a hellcat that would be nice.
I just don't feel there is many people out there with cash or credit to burn.

I've witnessed like 10 mills shutting down in my state recently. It tells me nationwide, stuff ain't so good.
View Quote

this is what I've been seeing also.  Kind of feeling it too.  Cost are going up and up, my pay sure isn't.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:18:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chromekilla] [#8]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

I know I will (already do) but I need to be smart about money right now and I need to ensure my wife isn't driving a car with problems, she sometimes drives home from work very late at night.  I gotta take one for the team as they say.

I'll get back into something fun not too far down the road, when the time is appropriate.  Maybe another challenger, maybe a fast sedan.
View Quote

why can you not buy like a 16-19 Ford focus with less than 15k miles for $10k or so. It is basically brand new for her.

I would not get rid of my scatty for that purpose, or fuck it let her drive it to work. These machines are made to be driven not be garage queens. Or why can you not drive to your wifes work and pick her up? So she is not driving alone, at the nighttime ever?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

why can you not buy like a 16-19 Ford focus with less than 15k miles for $10k or so. It is basically brand new for her.

I would not get rid of my scatty for that purpose, or fuck it let her drive it to work. These machines are made to be driven not be garage queens. Or why can you not drive to your wifes work and pick her up? So she is not driving alone, at the nighttime ever?
View Quote

that's partly it also, I don't drive much at all, the car sits quite a bit.  I work from home and I work a lot.

Trust me, I get your perspective here just think I'm going in a different direction for now.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 2:41:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 4:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#11]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Are ya kinda excited about upgrading for your wife? I always enjoying getting and experiencing new vehicles, no matter what role or purpose they plan to fill. Life is short, drive and experience as many as ya can.
View Quote

I am, yeah.  She is pretty frugal and in the past has said she wants to drive the Jeep until the tires fall off.  Buuuut I sensed she was excited by checking the new stuff out and seeing the newer tech.  Her ride doesn't even have carplay.  She's 50 and has never had a new car, the Jeep GC I gave her when we moved and needed a 2nd car is by far the nicest she's ever had.  It's just the two of us also so it would serve as a new "family" car as well.

Trust me when I tell you, in a couple years I'll be a Hellcat or an M3 or something equally exhilarating.  My fun car days arent over but I'm finding my priorities shifting at the moment.  Been selling off a lot of firearm stuff too, just shedding things I'm not using enough.

AAAAND, if the offer isnt good tomorrow, I just simply won't sell it.

ETA - on the topic of try as many as you can, the performance sedan thread I started had a post suggesting a Tesla.  That might be an interesting lease just to goof with for a while since I work from home and my driving is pretty part time these days.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
So I’ve been loving my black Scat pack challenger I bought a few months ago.  I flew down to Miami to buy it cheap.

It’s a fun car and I just drive around with my kids in it.

I have a beater little hatchback that I’ve been driving to work. Great mileage but it’s very small and with drivers getting worse and worse, I kind of wanted a truck or suv.

Well the used truck market is still retarded. $20k-$30k for a 10 year old truck, to me, just is not worth it. SUV’s are somewhat better. Found a few Navigators and Escalades in the $30’s and $40’s and can still buy a decent warranty for them.

Where I’ve found myself is lowballing dealers on scat packs again. There’s so many of them not selling, I think sooner or later I’ll get a dealer to bite.

Wife wants either a Hellraisin or Plum Crazy. It’s gonna come down to what deal pops up first.

Whenever I put my two year old in the challenger she giggles and yells at me to go faster, it never gets old.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 1BMF:
So I’ve been loving my black Scat pack challenger I bought a few months ago.  I flew down to Miami to buy it cheap.

It’s a fun car and I just drive around with my kids in it.

I have a beater little hatchback that I’ve been driving to work. Great mileage but it’s very small and with drivers getting worse and worse, I kind of wanted a truck or suv.

Well the used truck market is still retarded. $20k-$30k for a 10 year old truck, to me, just is not worth it. SUV’s are somewhat better. Found a few Navigators and Escalades in the $30’s and $40’s and can still buy a decent warranty for them.

Where I’ve found myself is lowballing dealers on scat packs again. There’s so many of them not selling, I think sooner or later I’ll get a dealer to bite.

Wife wants either a Hellraisin or Plum Crazy. It’s gonna come down to what deal pops up first.

Whenever I put my two year old in the challenger she giggles and yells at me to go faster, it never gets old.
View Quote

Locally prices are stable, not sure why b/c there does seem to be a lot of them.  Mine was a SPWB in hellraisin.  I sold it a few weeks ago an pocketed a chunk of cash that'll sit in VOO/VGT until I decide what to buy next.  

The buyer turned around and put it up for sale for only like $3k less than I paid fort it in 2020. Wild.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#16]
We're still enjoying the Hemi Durango, and it's honest to God the most enjoyable one we've owned to date. I thank God for our blessings every day.
View Quote

Congrats again man, glad you love it.  I liked those quite a bit but my wife was meh b/c of the size.  It took her years to get used to our 2014 Grand Cherokee, she always thought it was too big.  Now she thinks the GTI is too small b/c she got used to the JGC.  That's how she landed on the Tiguan I guess.  

She's kind of a timid driver so "fun" isn't her thing for the most part when it comes to cars.

Those Durangos are powerful and roomy, what more can you ask for?

Time will tell but I hope her Tiguan proves to be nearly as reliable as our JGC, it was practically flawless.  Other than regular maintenance, we replaced tires and 1 battery since 2014 when I got it new, and it was parked outside in a cold-ish weather state for its first 5 years.  Hope yours proves to be as reliable!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]
We're still enjoying the Hemi Durango, and it's honest to God the most enjoyable one we've owned to date. I thank God for our blessings every day.
View Quote

Which Durango do you have? The R/T or SRT 392? I looked at a really nice black R/T+ and almost pulled the trigger but decided to go low balling.

I would like a Durango SRT but they want a lot for them, almost double what I got my scat pack for.

Had a GMC dealer call me today from one of my offers. Clean title 19 scat pack basically identical to my 23. Low 50’s on the mileage but clean title. 100 days ago they listed it for $40k and it’s already been marked down to $30k. I offered $21,000 and I’d let them low ball me on my trade in (it’s worth maybe $4-$5k) but I’d finance though them so they could make some money from through that.

In my short conversation they came down to $28k-$29k but couldn’t do $21k. If they were that quick to come down on price there’s more at play, and these aren’t flying off the lots anymore.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1BMF] [#19]
We've got the 6.4. We were blessed to have two scat packs previously, so this is our third 392. If I had the money and parking/storage space, I'd still have the two scats. IMHO these are all special, once in a lifetime vehicles.
View Quote

Nice, yeah that’s the Durango I wanted. Not a lot of them available local to me but I can travel for the right deal. I’m also considering a 24 Power Wagon with the 6.4. With the prices on used trucks, it’s not a lot more for a new power wagon.

I also found an 07 Charger SRT8 but that’s a little old for a daily driver. Looks fantastic and first owner out 80,000 miles on it in the first 14 years, but the second owner got it up to 120,000. They want $15k for it which is a little high I think. I always wanted one back when they were new but couldn’t afford it. While I do want it the 19 scat pack for $10k ish more would be a much better deal.

My wife has always been a mopar girl, and I was a ford guy. I’ve got a competition orange Mach 1 I bought new and a Bullitt and just drove those the last 20 years. Kept a Corolla around for driving to work and not get them dinged up.

I have a little hatchback now but with drivers around me I want a tank to drive around, I don’t care about gas mileage. The srt8 would be fun though lol
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#21]
It’s definitely tempting and I’m going to keep an eye on it. The dealer has had it a few months and it’s obviously cash only due to its age. Not a lot of cash buyers I feel like right now but the dealer is a no haggle lot. I sent them a no haggle offer lol.

It’s an hour away but I know if I got my wife out there to see it in person she’d want it, probably for herself.

It’s tough though because for $10-$12k more I could be in another clean title late model scat pack.

I just always wanted this generation.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:30:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#22]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:49:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1BMF] [#23]
That's tough, but good problems to have. If I had the choice and could swing it, I'd definitely go Scat Pack. We had a 19 "regular body" Charger with Dynamics Package, and a 20 Challenger Widebody. I really loved em both, for different reasons. Just awesome machines I fear we may never see the likes of again.

My previous babies.
I feel so very, very blessed to have owned and experienced em. I drove them both very hard, but also babied them to death. Only issue was I oftentimes became too attached, and got too obsessive over them. But man, what magnificent machines.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/smallthumbnail_20180701_183855-1899890.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/20200614_144520-2231998.jpg

View Quote

Great looking rides man. The destroyer grey had to grow on me when I first saw it but now I really like it.

I’m kind of old school I guess you could say, for the first 35 or so years of my life I had owned a total of 3 or 4 cars, two of which I still own. I see it as if it’s paid off I might as well just keep it and if I have a need for a specific vehicle then I’ll just buy it. I’ve bought more than that for my wife as she needed/wanted mini vans or SUV’s.

So I got the go ahead from the wife on the srt8. It’s torred and I always thought the super bee looked best because it had the flat black decals like my Mach 1 has. Lucky for me just last night she wanted the new model of cricut vinyl cutter for making graphics to put on her Rubicon. Apparently it’s much larger and you can make decals large enough for cars and trucks.

Perfect, I get the charger and she can get her new machine to make some custom decals for it lol.

I’m gonna think about it for a week before I go look at it. I haven’t decided yet, but I think the truck/suv market is going to continue to soften and I can get a better deal if I hold off. With how I keep vehicles, I could justify a power wagon as I’d probably drive it for 20 years like I have my other vehicles and the charger would be bigger/safer than my current daily driver until then.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#25]
We’ll see lol. If I get it I’m thinking about making knock off super bee decals with a BFL in the center instead of the bee heh
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#27]
That would be EPIC.
View Quote

hell yeah it would
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Dodge Charger EV Daytona Build Quality Issues Exposed, This Car Is A Disaster ??
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not surprised in the least that this is a possibility.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 11:32:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#30]
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#32]
As usual around my parts, Koons has still got a pretty good inventory of the baddies . Also IMHO their prices are currently pretty good - here's a used 22 Challenger HC WB for 69K  linky

View Quote

i dont always love the red seats in the challenger but it does pop nicely in the black car!
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#34]
6.4L of displacement, no turbo required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8HTxCu38s
View Quote

no replacement for displacement as they say!
Page / 49
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top