Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm a client.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#5]
My cousin did in high school, he balded very early.

Went got his head buzzed to fit the piece or whatever it was called, "would stay on for x amount of time without issue".  Was back the next day again having it fitted, and back the day after that.

At the third visit that week he was ok with being bald and they got out of the contract/plan or whatever it was.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#6]

I thought bald was badass? I'm confused now.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I just use clippers with a #2 guard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#8]
40-something guy at work flew to Turkey for treatment.

With airfare and hotel it was still half the price of US doctors.

He didn't have any issues and his hair took well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]
"The babes are back!"

1990's INFOMERCIAL HELL #19: "The Babes Are Back" with Ron Popeil's GLH canned hair, by Ronco!
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#11]
To solve my hair loss I just bought a hat, but I'm cheap.

Or you could become an orthodox Jew and wear an yalmulke all the time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's what I think of EVERY time I hear or read this.
View Quote

I even hear his name in Kate Jackson's voice.

edit: pre-coffee typing
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#15]
You look like you have plenty of hair in your avatar pic.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's an older picture
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I feel bad for my son.  I'm well over 50 with a full head of hair.  One of my sons is 21 and is already thinning out on the top of his head.  He's very self-conscious about it.

Men inherit their hairline from their mother.  Biological fact. Thanks, mom!
View Quote

Get him on the Rogaine now.

It can help slow down the process if started early and used religiously.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Get him on the Rogaine now.

It can help slow down the process if started early and used religiously.
View Quote

Or not? Why risk long term health issues over feeding the ego.

Accept fate, join team bald guy, shave.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Username not really fitting
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Or not? Why risk long term health issues over feeding the ego.

Accept fate, join team bald guy, shave.
View Quote

I agree just get out the clippers and get the fuck over it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Just buzz your hair with a #2 or less and put on some muscle
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My cousin did in high school, he balded very early.

Went got his head buzzed to fit the piece or whatever it was called, "would stay on for x amount of time without issue".  Was back the next day again having it fitted, and back the day after that.

At the third visit that week he was ok with being bald and they got out of the contract/plan or whatever it was.

View Quote
Bosley doesn't do "hair pieces", they do hair transplants; it's surgical redistribution of your hair follicles.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I am soon turning 56 and have very thick, very fast growing hair.  I see the barber about every 3 weeks.  At this point, I wouldnt mind if it stopped and started thinning.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Bosley is a high pressure sales and advertising group that preys on men's self esteem.

Visit the hair loss network message boards and learn about recommended surgeons the world over. North America and the UK will have the highest price, with deals to be found with *reputable* doctors in Thailand, India, and Turkey.

Naturally research the ever living fuck out of any doctor you use and check out their work portfolios. Try and find similar dudes with hair that matches your own. How are their blending techniques? Who actually is doing the graft insertion?

Learn about the differences in Norwood scales of loss, find or be diagnosed with your own.

Determine if your budget is better suited for an FUT procedure or one/multiple FUE sessions at a increased premium.

Surgery is last option, finasteride or dutasteride plus topical minoxidil must be incorporated to stop/slow any additional thinning and potentially regrow some.

If you're a younger man be advised you'll likely need a subsequent surgery in the future as some thinning will progress.

Hasson and Wong in Vancouver are excellent, but you'll pay for them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's an older picture
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an older picture

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Plugs Biden did.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's an older picture
View Quote

Like from 1 Million BC !!
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Joseph Hairplugs Biden
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I am bald and have kept it shaved for twenty years. I am forty-seven now. I am obviously fine with it. But would I like to have hair? Absolutely.

My head gets burnt if I am not extra careful. And yes you can wear a hat but that isn’t always convenient or practical. When you are bald you bust your head on everything. Hair offers a surprising amount of protection. Lastly comes the vanity, or really just the ability to change things up if you so choose. Yes I could grow the sides and back out into a Gallagher but that is kinda creepy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yes I could grow the sides and back out into a Gallagher but that is kinda creepy.
View Quote

Shaved is always better than the ring of sadness.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I agree just get out the clippers and get the fuck over it.
View Quote

I hope I can when my thinning hair gets too thin to keep.  

I'm a cone head with hair, side profile looks like a double humped camel with the back being significantly taller.  Very noticeable without hair.

My youngest caught me with the clippers when I was asleep and had to shave it.  It's bad.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the best response to going bald. It’s not worth it to try fighting it, just embrace it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Honestly, skip the #2 guard and just give it a no guard cut and then shave it. You’re headed that way regardless. Might as well start now
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I had my hair done about 1.5 years ago through Tempus hair restoration.  I went with the option where they cut a strip of scalp off the back of your head, take the follicles off of the strip, and apply them to the top of your head.

Cost was $6 per follicle, I needed 1500

You'll likely require a prescription of both finasteride and minoxidil (Propecia and Rogaine) to stop remaining hair loss on the top of your head, and to try to regrow near the typical male bald spot

Healing took north of 8 months for me.  Each one of those follicles will settle in and begin to grow.  Out of 1500 follicles, I had damn near 1500 zits on top of my head, although not all at once

The scar on the back of my head where they cut the strip is pretty huge.  If I were to cut my hair shorter than a #4  guard on the back it would be pretty visible.  That took a long time to fully heal.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, I look a hell of a lot better than the way I was headed.  I never had a great hairline to begin with.  Also, I wouldn't expect to look like your 21 year old self.  I worked with the doctor to figure out a hairline that would look reasonable for my age.

Feel free to PM with any questions.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is the best response to going bald. It’s not worth it to try fighting it, just embrace it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, this is where I'm at now at 37, I'll be a ball cap wearer before long. Too cheap for transplant and my head would give the Grand Canyon a run for it's money topographically speaking.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I hope I can when my thinning hair gets too thin to keep.  

I'm a cone head with hair, side profile looks like a double humped camel with the back being significantly taller.  Very noticeable without hair.

My youngest caught me with the clippers when I was asleep and had to shave it.  It's bad.
View Quote
Same.  I shaved my head once as a teen just for the lulz and....it wasn't a great look on me.  It's thinning fast though and I am damned if I will look like a dumb ass trying to pretend it's not.  I am guessing I am going to have to just shave it in the next year or so and honestly I am worried it's going to look horrible.  My plan is hats I guess.  Lots of hats.

I already grew the beard and thankfully it's nice and full.  I am not fat, if anything too skinny and I need to put on muscle to help my bald looks.  I should start doing that now...

It would be less bad if I didn't have to wear glasses but I really don't want to fuck with lasers and my eyeballs.  Maybe I can get over the touch my eye thing and switch to contacts.  That would help a lot I think.  I really didn't think about it about just now.  I should start practicing touching my eyeball.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Never went that far. I do no guard buzz and occasionally razor shave. I look good bald. Don't even wear hats. I tried minoxodil when I was 30, no worky. Oh well. Haven't paid for a haircut in over 15 years and that was for my wedding.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Same.  I shaved my head once as a teen just for the lulz and....it wasn't a great look on me.  It's thinning fast though and I am damned if I will look like a dumb ass trying to pretend it's not.  I am guessing I am going to have to just shave it in the next year or so and honestly I am worried it's going to look horrible.  My plan is hats I guess.  Lots of hats.

I already grew the beard and thankfully it's nice and full.  I am not fat, if anything too skinny and I need to put on muscle to help my bald looks.  I should start doing that now...

It would be less bad if I didn't have to wear glasses but I really don't want to fuck with lasers and my eyeballs.  Maybe I can get over the touch my eye thing and switch to contacts.  That would help a lot I think.  I really didn't think about it about just now.  I should start practicing touching my eyeball.
View Quote

Ha.  My beard is patchy so I'm fucked.  Glasses help in my case.    I also didnt get enough tummy time as a baby so I got that flat back of the head.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Amazon Women On The Moon - Hair Looming
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top