Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2022 9:28:17 AM EDT
It’s pretty bad in Florida. I went to the doctor because I thought I had an eye infection in both eyes and he said it’s just inflammation from season conjunctivitis. Brutal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm surprised he didn't tell you it was covid.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you get the shot?  Everyone I know who's been complaining for the last 6 months of *the worst allergies they've ever had*......all had the shot.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you get the shot?  Everyone I know who's been complaining for the last 6 months of *the worst allergies they've ever had*......all had the shot.
View Quote

No shots.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Not yet but they are coming.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]
You should move to the Ohio Valley OP...
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Worst year ever for me.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Allergies. Long Covid. Short Covid. Medium Covid. Variant Covid. Flu. Pneumonia. Common Cold. Uncommon Cold.

Who the fuck knows anymore?

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Worst year ever for me.

View Quote

Same, but I've never had seasonal allergies before. Mountains of snot every day for like a month now.
No shot.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting. I'm going to the eye doc this week.

I haven't been able to wear my contacts for more then a couple hours the past couple months. Normally I pretty much live in them, more then I should. Thought it was an eye infection at first and stopped wearing my contacts for a week and got on some antibiotic drops, but usually that clears up in a couple of days... nope.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Interesting. I'm going to the eye doc this week.

I haven't been able to wear my contacts for more then a couple hours the past couple months. Normally I pretty much live in them, more then I should. Thought it was an eye infection at first and stopped wearing my contacts for a week and got on some antibiotic drops, but usually that clears up in a couple of days... nope.
View Quote

He gave me anti-inflammatory eye drops which seem to help a little but they are still itchy and a little red. He said they will clear up over time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#11]
oh yeah

Have a constant tickle in the back of my right nose/sinus cavity for the past few days. Forever sneezing and blowing

Now it’s migrating to my left sinus cavity

AlkaSeltzer Cold at nights helps me sleep
I have a script of Clariton I need to fill for daytime

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I got ‘em bad too, OP.  This year, mine started a lot earlier and seem to be dragging out longer.  I haven’t had to take as many Zyrtecs this year though, and so far no sinus infections.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Flonase, or generic equivalent, once a day.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I have year round and seasonal allergies.  I've suffered for years, tried nearly all the major antihistamines with zero luck.  A couple years ago Dr. gave me some Samples of Xyzal, I'll be damn if they didn't make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Flonase, has never done jack or shit for me.  Had Dr's prescribe it many times.  Yes, I followed the directions and waited for the long term benefits. nada
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#16]
No shots. For me it's been almost two years non-stop allergies.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No shots.
View Quote

Glad to hear it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Allegra and Flonase should be close friends of you.

Flonase opens my sinuses within minutes.  I guess we can't all be that lucky.  I don't even need to use it regularly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not yet but they are coming.
View Quote

It snowed Mon-Tue so not yet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#20]
This has easily been the worst allergy season I've ever experienced.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Not yet.  May and September are my flonase months.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Was sick in November.  No shot. Wasn't as bad as others, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

Except one problem.

After being sick, anytime I have a mixed or straight drink of whiskey, vodka, rum, beer, anything, by the time I'm through with the drink, my nose gets plugged completely up and sinuses are jacked. Lasts the rest of the night and into the morning.
I've taken just about everything that is available 'allergy/decongestant' wise, without much luck.  The only thing that seems to make a big difference is Sinex/Vicks Nasal decongestant spray.

Doc says it's an allergy to something in the fermentation process of the alcohols.  WTF????
I take an Allegra or Claritin daily. Flonase when needed, but I never had this problem before I got sick.

So apparently it seems allergies are worse post-'vid.  June should be a hoot when my normal seasonal allergies flair up.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top