Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2023 2:00:18 PM EDT
Just got my open water cert. looking for a good setup to last awhile and won’t break the bank. Used the Aqualung Axiom in class. I liked it except for the shoulder room so was looking to go a little nicer for my own setup.

How do y’all like the i3 setup? Is it a gimmic? Stick with a traditional inflator? Any advice on setups would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Just don’t. I’ve got a buddy who got one in 2017. He loves it. The thing is that it’s non-standard. You break that little lever and it’s going to not be quick to fast. Other people have reported online that it took their dive shops a while to get parts.

The inflator for manual inflation of the B/C is coiled up on your left shoulder. If you have an issue and a buddy has to inflate your BC at the surface, they’re probably going to end up fumbling for that. Plus the inflator is on the side, not a hose coming over your shoulder.

It’s a gimmick. I thought I read AL had discontinued it. Also, AL is in some financial trouble. I wouldn’t buy anything like this from them, It breaks, they go out of business, and you’re SOL because of the non-standard parts.

Just say no!

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife and I have i3 BCs, and we've had them for 10 years. They get quite a lot of use. We always have them checked annually by our LDS - we've never heard of an issue getting parts quickly, and the few things that have needed replaced AquaLung has done so under warranty. They flown all around the world with us - zero issues. We really like them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a scuba pro glide I've had for ever and I will use till it dies.

We use aqua lung pro HD for rentals, they are bullet proof and people love them.

Most of the staff like zeagles,
I'm a dealer for just about everything except for scubapro.

If your in FL I may be able to help you out
Page General » SCUBA
Top Top