Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2022 10:08:54 PM EDT
Went to election training today (I am an election judge).  We no longer are allowed to use a traditional paper ballot.  Our electronic poll book will print a ballot with a "random" serial number when a voter's eligibility is confirmed.

How many of you think it does not make a database tying the random serial number to the voter?  It already does make a database with which ballot was issued and when - so it is just one more field to add.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Each vote is swabbed for DNA and collated to the national database
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread will go well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
In the past, we used paper ballots that were scanned.  We were specifically instructed to have several ballots available so that we could not tie the preprinted serial number to a voter easily.  When we got this system (against our will), we were "guaranteed" the card stock would be serialized so a database could not be created.  With the current system, they don't even need to tie the serial number to the voter - just encode the randomized serial number to the time it was printed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Only dead voters will be anonymous.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I make sure they are at my precinct.  

I can't tell you how many voters want to sign their ballot.

Of course, a machine counts the paper anyway
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll bet your grammar school English teacher wishes to remain "anonimous".  
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a trained poll watcher, VDR and precinct chair in Collin Co.

I also work in tech. I have not examined the ESS machines TX uses but I do know they share the same Smartmatic software with Dominion. I'm 100% positive they keep an electronic copy of votes. What is interesting is the County election officers couldn't care less if precinct chairs are not confident with the machines and ignore the requests to audit the software.

99.999% corruption. I believe they are all compromised at every level. THAT is why more people need to get involved.

Thanks for getting involved!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I voted for the 5.0 engine in the new truck thread. Should I be worried?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for working the polls.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Y do you say that?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if he takes your advice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Went to election training today (I am an election judge).  We no longer are allowed to use a traditional paper ballot.  Our electronic poll book will print a ballot with a "random" serial number when a voter's eligibility is confirmed.

How many of you think it does not make a database tying the random serial number to the voter?  It already does make a database with which ballot was issued and when - so it is just one more field to add.
View Quote

They are not tracking your votes and the ATF does not have a digital gun registry contrary to US law.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am a trained poll watcher, VDR and precinct chair in Collin Co.

I also work in tech. I have not examined the ESS machines TX uses but I do know they share the same Smartmatic software with Dominion. I'm 100% positive they keep an electronic copy of votes. What is interesting is the County election officers couldn't care less if precinct chairs are not confident with the machines and ignore the requests to audit the software.

99.999% corruption. I believe they are all compromised at every level. THAT is why more people need to get involved.

Thanks for getting involved!
View Quote

Collin Co. voter checking in
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#14]
We are a small county.  The whole purchase of the ES&S equipment was corrupt.  The election commissioner got a job with ES&S (and retired as election commissioner).  She got her crony friends (the county commissioners) on board.  The county judge retired mid term-so the county commissioners got to appoint one of their friends as judge.  We managed to ditch the judge.  But even though we had proof a lot of laws were broken by the commissioners and the interim judge - he refused to prosecute.  Now the whole group of them are on the war path against the existing Republican Executive committee - so the odds are most of the hard core republicans will be replaced by democrats on the republican ticket

For what it's worth, most of the former commissioners were originally elected as democrats then later changed affiliation.  The judge they appointed also had virtually no prior record of even voting in republican primaries (he voted in as many democratic primaries as republican over the last 10 years).  Anyway, the democrats on the republican ticket are outspending the republicans by 10 to 1 this primary.  After the primary runoff elections I will probably no longer be an election judge.  Abet that is iffy, I have been an election judge even for the Democrats since nobody wants to wast a day working an election and there are very few Democrats.  I had a full crew of Republicans working for the Democrats that run-off.  About $500 of payroll and they had 5 voters show up.  Then the bastards failed to pay us - we had to petition the state party to get paid.  Only upside, the state party paid more than our county rate.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Why would I care? Make it public. I tell everyone anyways, and encourage them to vote like me.

Who did you vote for that you're ashamed of? If you're ashamed of voting for them, why did you vote for them?

We need more light shined on voting, not less. Publish everyone's votes.

If we're going to party, let's get this party started!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#16]
lol, data mining thread...
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In the past, we used paper ballots that were scanned.  We were specifically instructed to have several ballots available so that we could not tie the preprinted serial number to a voter easily.  When we got this system (against our will), we were "guaranteed" the card stock would be serialized so a database could not be created.  With the current system, they don't even need to tie the serial number to the voter - just encode the randomized serial number to the time it was printed.
View Quote

Those hanging chads...
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Y do you say that?
View Quote

U no.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

U no.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y do you say that?

U no.

Grammer motherfuckers, do you type it?!...

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#20]
True enough - I am on plenty of lists already.  That said, I don't like being doxed either.  My vote against their judge candidate got published illegally - not long after that I got investigated anonymously by CPS.  I got a cleared on that-but it still took time and effort I could have been using at work that I will never get back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We are a small county.  The whole purchase of the ES&S equipment was corrupt.  The election commissioner got a job with ES&S (and retired as election commissioner).  She got her crony friends (the county commissioners) on board.  The county judge retired mid term-so the county commissioners got to appoint one of their friends as judge.  We managed to ditch the judge.  But even though we had proof a lot of laws were broken by the commissioners and the interim judge - he refused to prosecute.  Now the whole group of them are on the war path against the existing Republican Executive committee - so the odds are most of the hard core republicans will be replaced by democrats on the republican ticket

For what it's worth, most of the former commissioners were originally elected as democrats then later changed affiliation.  The judge they appointed also had virtually no prior record of even voting in republican primaries (he voted in as many democratic primaries as republican over the last 10 years).  Anyway, the democrats on the republican ticket are outspending the republicans by 10 to 1 this primary.  After the primary runoff elections I will probably no longer be an election judge.  Abet that is iffy, I have been an election judge even for the Democrats since nobody wants to wast a day working an election and there are very few Democrats.  I had a full crew of Republicans working for the Democrats that run-off.  About $500 of payroll and they had 5 voters show up.  Then the bastards failed to pay us - we had to petition the state party to get paid.  Only upside, the state party paid more than our county rate.
View Quote

Not sure how the privacy of ballots would have affected this situation. If there was a publicly available list of voters and who they voted for, what would it have changed, assuming the voters knew going in that their votes would be publically available?

I vote how I vote, and I'm not afraid of what anyone thinks about how I cast my ballot. You don't like it, come at me bro!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#22]
BTW, y'all got some great emotes on this site. kthxbye
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's why I spray whale ejaculate over my ballots.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I dont really care.  I'll sign mine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Just like 4473 background checks....

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#27]
[Dominion]  Your votes are not only not anonymous, they're not really your votes  [/Dominion]

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm curious as to any voting procedural changes where I am.  It's only been paper ballots and voting booths here so far.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 3:24:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Absolutely, your vote is as safe as a US$ Dollar. Go America!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Tell them my name, they find my name in the book, I sign book, the number is written down (the number is the number of voters, if I was the 121st person to show up my number is 121) and I go vote. I am guessing that the machine keeps the votes in the order they are received, so it's not a stretch to believe they can match the voter with the vote cast.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
i love this place
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 5:11:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Voting should be public with a publicly searchable database by name and address. Fake people in the database who don't exist should be eliminated from the count.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not sure how the privacy of ballots would have affected this situation. If there was a publicly available list of voters and who they voted for, what would it have changed, assuming the voters knew going in that their votes would be publically available?

I vote how I vote, and I'm not afraid of what anyone thinks about how I cast my ballot. You don't like it, come at me bro!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All political donations are public. Nothing happens. But for some reason people think voting should be anonymous which just makes fraud extremely easy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 5:23:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Are the names on the ballot?  Do you enter the name when you print the ballot?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks for working the polls.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Sure they're anonymous...Democrat voters can't be identified because they're illegals or dead. Republican voters can't be identified because their votes were thrown in the trash.

"Anonymous"
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are the names on the ballot?  Do you enter the name when you print the ballot?
View Quote

They log your id or registration when they print your ballot here, pretty easy to match the two.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd be glad I was anonymous if I thought it was spelled 'anonimous".
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#39]
If you are registered to vote in the primary, unless you are registered IND, its pretty easy to guess who you voted for in the general.  

Voter registration is public information, and if there is a list of people to be targeted it would be easier just to target everyone registered republican than worry about if they actually voted for Trump.

This comes in handy when you don't want to associate or do business with fjb supporters.  Before I do any major business with a company, my wife will look up the owner's voter registration and personal social media.  Registered D or wacky liberal posts; I take my business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
BTW, y'all got some great emotes on this site. kthxbye
View Quote
You seem...... familiar.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Anything is possible in the sick demented minds of the democrats.

The party of corruption.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You didn’t need to tell us how you voted, we already knew.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Even if it is anonymous, they have an extremely effective system to determine how you’ll vote and what it will take to win. Look at 2020, where Brandon won(stole) key areas by tiny fractions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds super screwed up.  I'd say to see if Paxton's office would do anything, but I think we all know the answer to that.  And it's too late for this election any way.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm convinced the fuckery has been going on since bill clinton's elections maybe longer. From brandon's election and  here on out their biggest issue will be selling their results to enough of the public. They can tell us whatever they like as far as who won already because  our election security isn't much more than the honor system . Think they could sell a brandon landslide now? It doesn't seem like it. Of course it lends more to the issue of vote tracking, they may need to quell more opposition. There's dozens of alphabet agencies to fuck with a person who voted wrong even though they didn't even count the votes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you carry the whale around with you?  Or do you satisfy the whale elsewhere and just carry the ejaculate?  Either way, that's got to be more trouble than it's worth...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Doesn't matter

Everyone knows who I support
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Autonomous?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top