Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2024 10:37:24 PM EDT
Spent five hours at the dealer today to buy a truck and end up walking. What a bunch liars, but I knew that going in. Are any of these car buying websites any good or should I contact dealers directly online?  Is the Costco car buying deal any good?  I appreciate any advice. Also, I have an 800 credit score and a down payment. My credit wasn't the issue. The issue was that after I agreed on price, the finance asshole kept adding shit that wasn't agreed to so I walked.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad I'm not the only one.

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a resource for you if you are in the DFW area, but it is not quite as simple as a site to buy through. Let me know if you’re up here.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks SideCarGT, but I'm a hair north of Houston.  I guess I'll just start hitting the dealer websites. Problem I ran into last time is once they contacted me they wanted me to come in. I've heard good things about Costco's vehicle network, but that was pre 2021. Thanks for the offer.

@SideCarGT
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck with your search and the process.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I just did Costco for a CX5. No bullshit other than the upsell stuff which I declined.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#7]
TLDR
Carmax service is awesome and process is easy.
Used twice, will use again.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:59:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outdoorgb:
I just did Costco for a CX5. No bullshit other than the upsell stuff which I declined.
View Quote
I haven't had a membership there for a couple of years but I will check them out.
Link Posted: Today 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I like these guys:  https://caredge.com/

They also show how long a vehicle has been sitting on a lot.
Link Posted: Today 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a Frontier S crew cab 4x4. Found a good dealer in southwest Houston close to NRG stadium, Central Nissan. It was fairly painless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top