Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As someone who has owned several "Single Standard Cab" pickups, believe me when I say the extra storage space of the extended cab pickups behind the front seat is worth its weight in gold when you have anything worthy in your truck (especially guns, luggage, computer, ect...)
View Quote
Page two says this. Space behind the front seat is invaluable. Unless you put a canopy on your truck, at which point you should have bought an SUV to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does Toyota still make the regular cab Tacoma? I haven't seen a new one for a long time.
View Quote
I'm sure they do if you search for it. My school system has quite a few extended cab at Ford order tacomas with what looks like an off-road package. I joke to my wife there must be a hidden mountain top School in this flat City somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Local Ford dealer had a F250 4x4 w/gas engine and regular cab.  Think sticker was $43,000 (don't hold me to that), I was looking at the F350 dually next to it with crew cab.  My next truck will come from the commercial group, XL package, white with rubber mat floor boards.  No more moonroof and all the other bells and whistles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the extended cab over the regular cab. It has four doors but you have to open the big doors to access them. You can hide an amazing amount of stuff under those little seats. This is a 13 GMC 2WD but there are a number of 4WD one out there like it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Not gonna happen for $25k unless its got a few years and a whole lotta miles on it

Quoted:
Fag-mobiles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Extended cab should be a little more common.

Everybody wants a car-truck with 4 doors and leather these days.
Fag-mobiles.
I really don't understand this hate arf has for 4 door trucks. Anyone who actually uses their truck for work knows damn well that a full back seat to pile all of your shit into where you have easy access to it and it'll actually stay dry and clean is invaluable. Unless you have boxes like these (which are only practical on flat beds and that automatically places you in a whole other category), 95% of toolboxes are fucking shit for anything that you actually have to use on a daily basis that you can't just pile in there

For just farting around a 2 door is awesome but all the guys I know with 2 door "work trucks" without a service bed just carry around crap like a pair of vice grips, a set of wrenches, and some screwdrivers. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Currently drive a 2005 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 reg cab 8' bed.

Next truck will be a 4 door.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does Ford still have the "extended" regular cab? The one with only two doors but it's a regular cab with an extra 8-10" or so.

Kinda like this only new.
http://image.automotive.com/f/38987296+h280/front_&_driver_side_view.jpg  
View Quote
I wish they did because my 2004 4x4 is starting to show its age (rust issues) and I'm going to have to replace it.  But Ford hasn't had the "long" regular cab since 2009.

I'd consolidate into one truck if I could get a higher trim level 4x4 regular cab like that with the 6.5ft bed.  The extended cab and super crew are too long to fit in our garage with as much room as I'd like in front or behind.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Take advantage of the year end close-outs

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fag-mobiles.

I hate the new touch screens. If I could get a brand new engine in a 2003 pickup, I’d be happy.
View Quote
Check out the Chevy Silverado in W/T trim. I don't know if they still sell the standard cab in the upper trim levels.

ETA: No more standard cabs for Chevy pickups.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Check out the Chevy Silverado in W/T trim. I don't know if they still sell the standard cab in the upper trim levels.
View Quote
Well because of this thread a few hours earlier I did a 2019 build for a Chevy truck and COULD NOT find the standard cab.
Ford still has it and perhaps Ram.
I know you can get a Nissan Titan single cab if you can live with the long bed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I see them at the GM/Chevy dealer here from time to time but finding a used one may prove to be a bit difficult. I bet they sell one for every 100 crew cabs sold.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I want to buy a pickup, either new or low (<25k) miles. Single cab if possible, and must be 4WD. I don't know much about vehicles. Who makes such a thing for 25 grand or so?
View Quote

With the right rebates, sure is.
17 F150 here, XL with some convenience stuff. Reg cab long bed 2.7 EB FX4 stickered for like 39 k got it for 26k.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

With the right rebates, sure is.
17 F150 here, XL with some convenience stuff. Reg cab long bed 2.7 EB FX4 stickered for like 39 k got it for 26k.
View Quote
You did well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm finding that, unfortunately. I'm tired of driving a piece of shit Impala through snowbanks on backroads. I might keep it just for summer road trips; it's not worth much in trade value. I wouldn't mind an extended cab, either.
View Quote
Couple of used f150’s at my local lot.  Both 6’ bed. Are you looking for 6’ or 8’ bed?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#15]
You realize that every manufacturer has a web site where you can see what they make, and dealerships have sales brochures that will give you the same information, right?

Build and price what you want then order it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I want to buy a pickup, either new or low (<25k) miles. Single cab if possible, and must be 4WD. I don't know much about vehicles. Who makes such a thing for 25 grand or so?
View Quote
Ford keeps a few on the fleet side for the weirdos who are prejudiced against back seats.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nissan makes 4x4 base models with single cabs and 8' beds. Still pretty nice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:01:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How usable? Space for a tool box? Or maybe just a gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a 2013 F150 regular cab.  The Fords have usable space behind the seat.
How usable? Space for a tool box? Or maybe just a gun?
I could put suit cases behind the seat.  Rifle cases stacked up well.  With the seats leaned back you couldn't see them from the outside.

The appeal to me was the short wheelbase.  I've had extended cabs, and they offer a lot more storage and the option for passengers, of course.  I just disliked the longer wheelbase, both in town and off road.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:02:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like 2019 silverados won't even be offered in single cab

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/04/outgoing-2019-silverado-1500-to-be-available-only-as-double-cab/
View Quote
I have a feeling this is going to be the trend in anything now days. Companies pleasing share holders by maximizing profits.  Less options = less expenses. You can have any color as long as its black. How many pickup manufacturers offer manual transmissions?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Even if you are serious when you say you want to buy it, as in if we found you one you would actually buy it, the other 99% of people who claim they want the basic bitch truck are full of shit and won't ever buy one, which is why they don't get built.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I could put suit cases behind the seat.  Rifle cases stacked up well.  With the seats leaned back you couldn't see them from the outside.

The appeal to me was the short wheelbase.  I've had extended cabs, and they offer a lot more storage and the option for passengers, of course.  I just disliked the longer wheelbase, both in town and off road.
View Quote
On that note I know a guy that has a short bed 4x4 Chevy that I am pretty sure is a 2016.
He had a Leer topper put on it and uses it a lot for camping and hunting.
He does not want the extra length of the extended cab or even a long bed.
It's pretty neat really.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#22]
They may not be common but that doesn't mean they aren't available although 25K new might be a stretch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:15:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Fag-mobiles sure are nice when you're chasing at the Baja 1000.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Extended cab should be a little more common.

Everybody wants a car-truck with 4 doors and leather these days.
Fag-mobiles.

I hate the new touch screens. If I could get a brand new engine in a 2003 pickup, I’d be happy.
Fag-mobiles sure are nice when you're chasing at the Baja 1000.......
I want to know what he/she is driving right now! haha
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A plague upon 4 door brodozers.

Suburban cowboy fashionmobile for the lumbersexuals 99%of the time.

They really fucked the utility of trucks when they tried to turn them into soccer mom daily drivers
View Quote
All the real deal farmers/ranchers/cattlemen I know are driving around the most loaded truck you can buy, and they are trashing the shit out of them. You can still use it for "Utility," but you just cant be a little bitch about it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not gonna happen for $25k unless its got a few years and a whole lotta miles on it

I really don't understand this hate arf has for 4 door trucks. Anyone who actually uses their truck for work knows damn well that a full back seat to pile all of your shit into where you have easy access to it and it'll actually stay dry and clean is invaluable. Unless you have boxes like these (which are only practical on flat beds and that automatically places you in a whole other category), 95% of toolboxes are fucking shit for anything that you actually have to use on a daily basis that you can't just pile in there

For just farting around a 2 door is awesome but all the guys I know with 2 door "work trucks" without a service bed just carry around crap like a pair of vice grips, a set of wrenches, and some screwdrivers. YMMV.
View Quote
Because GD hates everything. I like my fag mobile bitch truck with heated and cooled leather seats and 4 full doors.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:24:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You do not have a current Colorado regular cab.
View Quote
Yes I do and it's a V-6 4X4 LB.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All the real deal farmers/ranchers/cattlemen I know are driving around the most loaded truck you can buy, and they are trashing the shit out of them. You can still use it for "Utility," but you just cant be a little bitch about it.
View Quote
no to mention that a modern half ton is twice the truck then the trucks 20 years ago.  More power, they can tow more, more payload, electronic locking rear ends, better fuel economy, more comfortable to actually drive.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:28:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fag-mobiles.

View Quote
An engine swap is real easy.

Much less than a new truck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
The current body does not come in a single cab.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The current body does not come in a single cab.
View Quote
He's in Canada. Maybe there's a Canadian version?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do not have a current Colorado regular cab.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:45:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
There does not appear to be.

The current Colorado/Canyon is an extended cab or crew cab.  The previous Colorado had a regular cab version.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They really fucked the utility of trucks when they tried to turn them into soccer mom daily drivers
It usually isn't the guys that really use their trucks who piss and moan about soccer moms etc buying trucks.  It's usually the guys who are pissed that they don't get to build up some fake persona using a truck as a prop.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes there is .

Kind of surprised it's not available in the US.
Must be crash standards or some such bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes there is .

Kind of surprised it's not available in the US.
Must be crash standards or some such bullshit.
View Quote
This is the build site for Canada. 2019

https://www.chevrolet.ca/byo-vc/client/en/CA/chevrolet/colorado/2019/colorado/config

This is the build site for last year in Canada

https://www.chevrolet.ca/byo-vc/client/en/CA/chevrolet/colorado/2018/colorado/config

It is not listed under commercial or chassis either.

I am seriously curious.  Surely if there is such a thing for sale (and I am hoping there is) There has to exist dealer ads....
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#36]
My Sister's boyfriend just bought an '18 F-250, standard cab, 8' bed, 4X4.  He went for the XL trim, and the truck is so basic it has old-school crank handle windows and manual door locks, no remote even.  He went for the 6.2 gas V-8.  He wanted as basic and simple a truck as you can get, though he did have to special order it because nobody has that truck on a lot.  He claims he paid under $35K out the door for it.  He's making it into an Expedition Ride with a pop-up camper and that sort of thing.

In 2014 I had to special order my F-350 because I wanted - gasp - an 8' bed with the SuperCab.  Dealer told me that that's a non-standard configuration.  After my wife passed away and our son went to college, I have no need at all for a crew cab.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:39:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Cheapest Ford F-150 you can buy without special ordering it.

https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/#/config/Config%5B%7CFord%7CF-150%7C2019%7C1%7C1.%7C100A.F1E..YZ...SS8.RCAB.RETAIL.89G.VIN.AWD.XL.%5D

F-150
8 foot bed
Single cab
4x4
White
Vinyl seats and floor
3.73 Non-Limited Slip Axle
3.3L Ti-VCT V6 engine
6 speed transmission
Tilt
Air
Manual door locks and windows
$33,945 (before any rebates and special offers) (excluding delivery charges).
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:55:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cheapest Ford F-150 you can buy without special ordering it.

https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/#/config/Config%5B%7CFord%7CF-150%7C2019%7C1%7C1.%7C100A.F1E..YZ...SS8.RCAB.RETAIL.89G.VIN.AWD.XL.%5D

F-150
8 foot bed
Single cab
4x4
White
Vinyl seats and floor
3.73 Non-Limited Slip Axle
3.3L Ti-VCT V6 engine
6 speed transmission
Tilt
Air
Manual door locks and windows
$33,945 (before any rebates and special offers) (excluding delivery charges).
View Quote
imo its worth the 3k more for the 5.0 and a long box

https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?version=2641b&gmbxtid=fv-2641b-bp-f150-trtd&adobe_mc_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ar15.com%2Fforums%2Fgeneral%2FAre-there-any-single-cab-4WD-pickups-these-days-%2F5-2182995%2F%3Fr%3D-1%26page%3D2%26anc%3D76626597&adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D700BFB57E7B25EEE-17A0F12773625A11%7CMCORGID%3DEFD95E09512D2A8E0A490D4D%2540AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D1547016935#/config/Config%5B%7CFord%7CF-150%7C2019%7C1%7C1.%7C100A.F1E.....SS8.XL6.53A.RCAB.RETAIL.995.AWD.XL.%5D

37k 5.0 long box 3.73 locking rear end and the tow package
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:08:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Nissan Titan S is going to be pretty close.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:23:54 AM EDT
[#40]
You could buy this for around $28,000 not that much more than your price of $25,000 and have a nice new truck 4x4 and you won't ever regret having that bit of extra space behind the seat.

https://www.gatesgmcnorthwindham.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-GMC-Canyon-Extended_Cab_Long_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLE-North_Windham-CT/3151436023
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:28:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Couple of used f150’s at my local lot.  Both 6’ bed. Are you looking for 6’ or 8’ bed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm finding that, unfortunately. I'm tired of driving a piece of shit Impala through snowbanks on backroads. I might keep it just for summer road trips; it's not worth much in trade value. I wouldn't mind an extended cab, either.
Prefer 8, but 6 would do.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Whaaaaaaa?

Wow that makes even me want to get a 1 ton.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford fleet dealers typically have a boat load of them on the lot, pretty bare bones.

But you have to find a fleet dealer.  Should be well under 30k, considering I can get E350 cab and chassis for 25k.
Whaaaaaaa?

Wow that makes even me want to get a 1 ton.
You can get those prices if you're a fleet customer. I saw those prices at a local dealer and inquired, the first thing the dealer asked me was if I was a fleet customer. You could maybe tell them you want to buy one vehicle before you go for a whole fleet.

Quoted:
Quoted:

All the actual work trucks here, construction, landscaping, business use not personally owned, are basic trim models. But maybe it's because they don't get that farm subsidy...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Here’s one with 1300 miles for $22k. They are out there, just have to look hard for new or slightly used.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Don't the manufacturers still sell those plain white bottom end "work trucks"? I am sure they exist in 4wd.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As someone who has owned several "Single Standard Cab" pickups, believe me when I say the extra storage space of the extended cab pickups behind the front seat is worth its weight in gold when you have anything worthy in your truck (especially guns, luggage, computer, ect...)
View Quote
This.  Regular cabs are dying for good reasons.  There is no place to secure things like rifles, they have an uncomfortable seating position, and you can only fit two people comfortably.

But if it works for you O.P., buy one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#46]
See several Nissan Frontiers in the configuration, not a V6 at that budget
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#47]
My 2018 5 liter fx4. Still came with cloth interior, power windows and mirrors, remote start e-locker rear axle a tow package. Sticker was a few hundred shy of 40,000.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#48]
I DD  a 2013 F-250 XL regular can 4wd with the had motor. I'm starting to see more regular cabs around lately. I get a free car trader every week and there is alot of reg cabs for sale in it. My local Ford dealer had a new F-150 XL reg cab short box with the 2.7 and 4wd on there lot for awhile. Last price they had on it was $29k after rebates. It had power everything and cloth seats/floor. If it would have been a long box with the bigger engine I would have bought it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
See several Nissan Frontiers in the configuration, not a V6 at that budget
View Quote
True.
I bought a nice new 2017 King Cab SV for $21088.
They had the same truck in 4x4 that only comes with the V-6 engine for $2500 more.
I should have bought it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My 2018 5 liter fx4. Still came with cloth interior, power windows and mirrors, remote start e-locker rear axle a tow package. Sticker was a few hundred shy of 40,000.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/63356/20181002_151846-1612x1209_jpg-801390.JPG
View Quote
That's purty.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top