BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:17:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZNetEng] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FR8D4WG:
Remember that guy in Ohio that lost his son because a Haitian migrant ran a school bus off the road, then went to the news complaining that he wished it was a rich old guy that caused the fatal accident instead?  Well, that's the kind of guy you all keep quoting in these threads.
View Quote

ETA: Guilty of feeding TLRB. Updated his bubble.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:24:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#2]
Blue State. I don't care. Leftists enabled it, let them feel it
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CMiller:

Yeah I know, that horrible economy that Biden/Harris destroyed just won't stop growing and all those people who are doing so badly financially just won't stop paying all the inflated prices no matter how much cheap labor we throw at the problem! Maybe what will fix it is actually LESS cheap labor!

What we REALLY need is a good hard recession, or maybe even a good depression. Maybe then we can finally get prices to go back down where they ought to be, and all those bad people will just leave because they can't find any jobs here. THEN America will finally be Great Again!

View Quote

As long as you leave with them, that would be very nice.

Link Posted: Yesterday 7:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: optionstrader] [#4]

I didn't respond because that information was already in something I had linked and it's not relevant to the point I'm making.

I was talking about how everybody reacted when it became national news, and nobody was bothering to notice that the problem wasn't new, arrests had already been made, the locals are working on it, etc. But suddenly when everybody heard about it nationally it became Biden's fault and only Trump can fix it and the government wants people to die because something something...

Obviously it's a problem, and obviously it is something for the locals to figure out. It's relevance to the national political conversation is minimal except that Trump & MAGA Media would have you believe that it's the product of some sinister Democrat conspiracy and it's happening in every city in the country.
View Quote

Nope, but nice try.  Just incompetence, mixed in with a little "let's hide the details, because it hurts us politically."  It's not a conspiracy, its a policy, coming from the top.  But when the results of said policy hit mainstream, it is damage control.  keep playing please, we all need some entertainment.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

I first heard about this weeks ago.  What kind of timeline do you think is reasonable in a situation like this?  The property owner is losing rent revenue while accumulating deficits paying utility bills, taxes and insurance for these.properties, and they are being exposed to wear and tear, possible meth lab chemicals and any of a number of other kinds of damage with every passing minute.
View Quote
Plus no one will want to live there for several years after it's fixed
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
sounds to me like everything is going according to plan
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jollyg83:

Except with the border wide the fuck open, they're back next week.  Even if the border gets closed with the right people in office, the dems will open it once they're back in power.  They have their buddies in the right NGOs to get them across and big business can't wait to employ them for that sweet cheap labor.  This requires a more permanent solution.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jollyg83:
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
I could tell you what should be done but it's COC after COC

Doesn't have to be COC.

ICE rolls in with flex cuffs and informs every unruly shitbird squatter violent felon and drug dealer that their protected immigration status has been revoked for engaging in illegal activities and they are being deported back to their country of origin immediately--boom/done/problem solved.

Except with the border wide the fuck open, they're back next week.  Even if the border gets closed with the right people in office, the dems will open it once they're back in power.  They have their buddies in the right NGOs to get them across and big business can't wait to employ them for that sweet cheap labor.  This requires a more permanent solution.  
Thats why you fly them back then throw them out the plane. They wont come back if they are tossed out at 13000ft.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By optionstrader:

Nope, but nice try.  Just incompetence, mixed in with a little "let's hide the details, because it hurts us politically."  It's not a conspiracy, its a policy, coming from the top.  But when the results of said policy hit mainstream, it is damage control.  keep playing please, we all need some entertainment.
View All Quotes

I didn't respond because that information was already in something I had linked and it's not relevant to the point I'm making.

I was talking about how everybody reacted when it became national news, and nobody was bothering to notice that the problem wasn't new, arrests had already been made, the locals are working on it, etc. But suddenly when everybody heard about it nationally it became Biden's fault and only Trump can fix it and the government wants people to die because something something...

Obviously it's a problem, and obviously it is something for the locals to figure out. It's relevance to the national political conversation is minimal except that Trump & MAGA Media would have you believe that it's the product of some sinister Democrat conspiracy and it's happening in every city in the country.

You sound quite confident about that, so you must have some evidence of such a policy. I would really love to see that!
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
I would think that it takes quite a bit of intel to find and apprehend just the gang bangers that are actually doing this without shooting the victims also.  Sort of like Hamas living with the Gaza residents and not being able to tell the difference.
View Quote

El Salvador had a pretty good method that would probably work well here.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:26:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: optionstrader] [#10]

You sound quite confident about that, so you must have some evidence of such a policy. I would really love to see that!
View Quote

Do you get paid extra for ignorant posts?  Are you saying there is no evidence the "top" rolled back executive orders to open up the border, which lead to these situations? This level of stupid really hurts.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#11]
So like New Jack City The take over of the Carter
" />
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Do you get paid extra for ignorant posts?  Are you saying there is no evidence the "top" rolled back executive orders to open up the border, which lead to these situations? This level of stupid really hurts.
View Quote

Quoting them/it really serves no purpose, except to give them what they want. Negative attention. Inexplicably, it is encouraged here, but there is no good outcome possible when they're simply and clearly agenda driven agent provocateurs, not honest "People". Engagement helps to make the shithole they desire.

"Just a different opinion... ®" lol. Riiiiight.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By oulufinn:

Quoting them/it really serves no purpose, except to give them what they want. Negative attention. Inexplicably, it is encouraged here, but there is no good outcome possible when they're simply and clearly agenda driven agent provocateurs, not honest "People". Engagement helps to make the shithole they desire.

"Just a different opinion... ®" lol. Riiiiight.
View Quote

100% agreed.  sometimes I entertain myself with playing with them, like I would a 2 year old.  I am done.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By diesel1:

Technically, a "lie" is an untrue statement told with the intent to deceive. The person may be a liar or just ignorant.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
When are people going to learn that nothing is static? The fact that government and bureaucracies usually do not react quickly in response to new situations does not mean they never will. This feels like Groundhog's Day.

1. Something happens that is outrageous

2. Because the government does not instantly fix it, it goes viral on the internet, with everybody reacting as if the government will never do anything about it and actually wants the problem to continue unaddressed

3. The government eventually figures things out and gets moving to address the problem

4. By the time the problem is resolved, nobody is paying attention anymore or talking about it, and very few people ever hear about the resolution

5. The mob moves on to the next outrage, and the cycle repeats

Call me crazy, but it's almost as if people are more interested in being outraged than seeing problems fixed and understanding how things work in the real world...

You mean like the border?

Like that problem?

How much time do you think is reasonable to address a problem like that?  About half a decade or so?  Can I expect a response soon?

Lies make you sick, Miller.

Technically, a "lie" is an untrue statement told with the intent to deceive. The person may be a liar or just ignorant.

He's a liar.  They all are.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
When are people going to learn that nothing is static? The fact that government and bureaucracies usually do not react quickly in response to new situations does not mean they never will. This feels like Groundhog's Day.

2. Because the government does not instantly fix it, it goes viral on the internet, with everybody reacting as if the government will never do anything about it and actually wants the problem to continue unaddressed

3. The government eventually figures things out and gets moving to address the problem

4. By the time the problem is resolved, nobody is paying attention anymore or talking about it, and very few people ever hear about the resolution

Call me crazy, but it's almost as if people are more interested in being outraged than seeing problems fixed and understanding how things work in the real world...
View Quote

Better step up your game 13ers, you have a challenger.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Coming to a city near you...
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#17]

I think we have done this already, not going to spend my time doing it again.

But for the record, I'm in no way saying that the situation today is perfect and there are no problems. Obviously there are major problems that should have been fixed long ago but every attempt including going back to Bush has been thwarted by Republicans who are maintaining an extreme position that is completely incompatible with the way our political system works. Quite coincidentally that position also is very advantageous for them every campaign cycle. Draw your own conclusions about the true motivation...

Sure, it'll be great if nobody was working on the table and proper taxes being paid etc etc etc so we could agree on a long list of things that ought to be happening that aren't. My only point is that none of that means the only solution is to do what Trump is talking about and shutting down the border and kicking them all out.

You talk about unintended consequences and downstream implications of the current status quo, how about you be honest about what the unintended consequences and downstream implications would be of Trump actually deporting every single illegal and pending status person in the country?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
Originally Posted By DMFOTNM:

Immigrant-friendly = low(er) cost of living

I thought that's what everybody wanted the politicians to create--more affordable housing?

No. We want an American government that works in the interests of Americans, not opening up our country to the rest of the world so they can have a better life.

Lol That's exactly what they are doing by allowing in so many immigrant workers--helping to keep costs of living for all Americans down with cheap labor.

No, it doesn't help americans when you bring in illegals who employers don't have to pay ssi or any of the other taxes on to work.

What that does is cut the bottom of the jobs market off so that americans cannot get starter jobs.

Furthermore, it hides the true cost of SSI and the other costs shovelled onto employers by government.

That helps the government hide what they're doing, so that it can get worse, much worse, and when it finally comes to a breaking point (employers can no longer afford to employ most americans because of government driving hiring costs for us up continually) ... the results are much worse than they ever had to be.

We should print this ( The seen and the unseen ) out on heavy paper and smack people who post stuff like you just posted in the face with it until they either stop being stupid or go unconscious.

Stop being so ignorant of reality already.

ETA:

In the department of economy, an act, a habit, an institution, a law, gives birth not only to an effect, but to a series of effects. Of these effects, the first only is immediate; it manifests itself simultaneously with its cause — it is seen. The others unfold in succession — they are not seen: it is well for us, if they are foreseen. Between a good and a bad economist this constitutes the whole difference — the one takes account of the visible effect; the other takes account both of the effects which are seen, and also of those which it is necessary to foresee. Now this difference is enormous, for it almost always happens that when the immediate consequence is favourable, the ultimate consequences are fatal, and the converse. Hence it follows that the bad economist pursues a small present good, which will be followed by a great evil to come, while the true economist pursues a great good to come, — at the risk of a small present evil.

But for the record, I'm in no way saying that the situation today is perfect and there are no problems. Obviously there are major problems that should have been fixed long ago but every attempt including going back to Bush has been thwarted by Republicans who are maintaining an extreme position that is completely incompatible with the way our political system works. Quite coincidentally that position also is very advantageous for them every campaign cycle. Draw your own conclusions about the true motivation...

Sure, it'll be great if nobody was working on the table and proper taxes being paid etc etc etc so we could agree on a long list of things that ought to be happening that aren't. My only point is that none of that means the only solution is to do what Trump is talking about and shutting down the border and kicking them all out.

You talk about unintended consequences and downstream implications of the current status quo, how about you be honest about what the unintended consequences and downstream implications would be of Trump actually deporting every single illegal and pending status person in the country?

That would be the pain right now. Instead of the even worse later.

Anything picked by federal trespassers in the field would get more expensive.

Tyson chicken would get more expensive.

A large slew of things in the manual labor market would get more expensive.

At which point trump and politicians could quite easily point out exactly what's driving those costs up: the taxes and costs associated with hiring american workers that are unecessary.

The pain should be directed at the underlying cause, instead of "just leave the knife in my lung and give me painkillers."

Getting rid of the minimum wage would be a good start.  Also getting rid of rent controls and zoning would also help on the housing market.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Blue State. I don't care. Leftists enabled it, let them feel it
View Quote

Bad ideas never stay where they are.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

You mean like the border?

Like that problem?

How much time do you think is reasonable to address a problem like that?  About half a decade or so?  Can I expect a response soon?

Lies make you sick, Miller.

You don't need intent to decieve to call something a lie or say that someone has told a lie.

The person telling it may be convinced it is the truth.

In which case they are decieved, telling a lie, and decieving others - with zero ill intent. That may be one of the more dangerous ways that lies get spread.

Calling someone a liar means they are in the habit of telling lies. One who knows things are lies and habitually repeats them is not only a liar but a deciever as well.

#taxonomy-of-wrongdoing.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#20]

At which point trump and politicians could quite easily point out exactly what's driving those costs up: the taxes and costs associated with hiring american workers that are unecessary.

The pain should be directed at the underlying cause, instead of "just leave the knife in my lung and give me painkillers."

Getting rid of the minimum wage would be a good start.  Also getting rid of rent controls and zoning would also help on the housing market.
View All Quotes

I thought that's what everybody wanted the politicians to create--more affordable housing?

No. We want an American government that works in the interests of Americans, not opening up our country to the rest of the world so they can have a better life.

Lol That's exactly what they are doing by allowing in so many immigrant workers--helping to keep costs of living for all Americans down with cheap labor.

No, it doesn't help americans when you bring in illegals who employers don't have to pay ssi or any of the other taxes on to work.

What that does is cut the bottom of the jobs market off so that americans cannot get starter jobs.

Furthermore, it hides the true cost of SSI and the other costs shovelled onto employers by government.

That helps the government hide what they're doing, so that it can get worse, much worse, and when it finally comes to a breaking point (employers can no longer afford to employ most americans because of government driving hiring costs for us up continually) ... the results are much worse than they ever had to be.

We should print this ( The seen and the unseen ) out on heavy paper and smack people who post stuff like you just posted in the face with it until they either stop being stupid or go unconscious.

ETA:

In the department of economy, an act, a habit, an institution, a law, gives birth not only to an effect, but to a series of effects. Of these effects, the first only is immediate; it manifests itself simultaneously with its cause — it is seen. The others unfold in succession — they are not seen: it is well for us, if they are foreseen. Between a good and a bad economist this constitutes the whole difference — the one takes account of the visible effect; the other takes account both of the effects which are seen, and also of those which it is necessary to foresee. Now this difference is enormous, for it almost always happens that when the immediate consequence is favourable, the ultimate consequences are fatal, and the converse. Hence it follows that the bad economist pursues a small present good, which will be followed by a great evil to come, while the true economist pursues a great good to come, — at the risk of a small present evil.

That's a rather incomplete assessment. How about what would happen to the construction/housing industry, at a time when everybody thinks it's too expensive already?

Anyway, I see you live in a fantasy world where you think if we just get the right people in power they will make things better and fix all the problems. I was once there myself, but moved on to reality a decade ago. You will too, eventually...
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ObsoleteMan:
Who is up for a field trip?
View Quote

Seriously someone needs to man up and go handle business. It is really shocking that it hasn’t happened yet.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#22]

That's a rather incomplete assessment. How about what would happen to the construction/housing industry, at a time when everybody thinks it's too expensive already?
View All Quotes

ETA:

You can always say the assessment is incomplete and that will give you a false excuse to avoid the point of the argument.

Anyway, I see you live in a fantasy world where you think if we just get the right people in power they will make things better and fix all the problems. I was once there myself, but moved on to reality a decade ago. You will too, eventually...

Nothing I posted requires this. You're just making it up instead of openly and transparently addressing the point I was making.

I'm curious, were you schooled to psychologize - try and speculate about why people say what they do?  Instead of simply seeing what they say means and interacting with that?

I wonder if you even realize that people can see it when you try these sort of diversionary tactics.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I’d say getting your property taken over by a Venezuelan Gang qualifies as an emergency. That city failed. The state failed. The Feds failed.

It’s just bullshit.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Not crazy.

Just, Lazy, Complacent, and Demoralized.      The very Day the manager got beat up, there should have been arrests made.  
Every illegal within a 5 block radius should have been rounded up.  The guilty parties imprisoned, and the rest deported.
View Quote

That is what would have happened in 99% of other countries. Just not here.

We are absolutely run by imbeciles.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hunter8793:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Not crazy.

Just, Lazy, Complacent, and Demoralized.      The very Day the manager got beat up, there should have been arrests made.  
Every illegal within a 5 block radius should have been rounded up.  The guilty parties imprisoned, and the rest deported.

A consult with bukele might be in order.

Link Posted: Today 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Seriously someone needs to man up and go handle business. It is really shocking that it hasn't happened yet.
View All Quotes

Seriously someone needs to man up and go handle business. It is really shocking that it hasn't happened yet.
But but but... we are the problem!
Link Posted: Today 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Then after that, who's up for being hammered by the Biden-Harris Justice Department for violating the civil rights of these "newcommers?"
Link Posted: Today 12:18:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LordEC911] [#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LordEC911:

You do realize that the Colorado apartment issues with TdA has been happening since 2023, right?
A new property manager started working in Jan 2024... and things escalated throughout April-June when the gang members basically told management they were taking over.

Amazing what you can find with a 5sec google search.
https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/colorado-law-firm-report-claims-venezuelan-gang-stranglehold-apartments-takeover-began-2023/

I'm guessing you might get a response to your well informed post sometime in 2025.  But that seems like a reasonable timeline for the above poster.  IE, don't hold your breath, cause he ain't never gonna respond.

So now you are gaslighting about the gaslighting?
Did you already forget the fact that the "locals" were lying about it and/or covering it up for months?
Even after it hit "national news" they were still lying and saying that the facts are wrong and nothing like that has happened...

You were the one who said people were overreacting because the "government" didn't fix it right away.
By doing so, you imply that +12months of violent crimes by a gang and +6months of a gang takeover is somehow a reasonable timeline for the locals to still be ignoring the issue and acting like it isn't happening...

And yes, this is issue is directly linked to the current administration's policies and is happening in many cities across the country.
Just because they all don't become national news doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Why you always lying [~4 minute loop]
Link Posted: Today 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#29]

You can always say the assessment is incomplete and that will give you a false excuse to avoid the point of the argument.

Nothing I posted requires this. You're just making it up instead of openly and transparently addressing the point I was making.

I'm curious, were you schooled to psychologize - try and speculate about why people say what they do?  Instead of simply seeing what they say means and interacting with that?

I wonder if you even realize that people can see it when you try these sort of diversionary tactics.
View All Quotes

ETA:

My point was that you seem to be grossly understating the potential impact. The simple reality is that very few people out of the total population of the country actually experience the substantial negative effects of the current problem, but Trump's solution would bring great pain directly to every single person. That's why it will never happen, even if Trump wins. A few conversations with business leaders who he respects will shut it down before it even gets started. Anybody who thinks otherwise is simply deluded.

Anyway, you said:

...At which point trump and politicians could quite easily point out exactly what's driving those costs up: the taxes and costs associated with hiring american workers that are unecessary.

I assumed you were implying that there will be more than politicians pointing stuff out, that they would then proceed to actually do something about the "taxes and costs associated with hiring american workers that are unecessary".

Anyway, there's a term I can't remember right now for the idea that we should be very slow to undo things that were done in the past. It is arrogant for us to assume we know better than the people who did it, and there often may be reasons they did things that we don't fully understand today.

A good example is that right now it's popular to say that the government should help address the cost of housing by removing red tape and things like zoning rules and other bureaucratic impediments to building and development. But the implication in all these conversations is that the rules in question are unnecessary and there will be no negative consequences to getting rid of them. That shows a complete lack of understanding for why and how those rules came to exist in the first place.

To hear many talk about these things, you would think that it was just some collection of elites with power forcing their ideas on everybody unilaterally. Yet the reality is that everything that exists today is the product of many decades of election cycles and debates and conversations and planning meetings and all the stuff that happens locally that most people don't pay much attention to. Everybody who complains about these things goes about their daily life enjoying the benefits of them without ever giving it a single thought.

When push comes to shove, there's a reason why NIMBY is the normal way these things go. It's easy to talk about what others should do, it's very different to talk about sacrificing my personal quality of life for the benefit of some faceless nameless theoretical other. Expensive neighborhoods are expensive because everybody wants to live there, cheap neighborhoods are cheap because nobody wants to live there unless they have no other choice. Things like zoning laws are the reasons why nice neighborhoods are nice.

You can apply that to practically everything you want changed about government and laws and rules and regulations. Nothing happened without there being a perceived reason for it happening and some group of people coming together and coming to agreement about making it happening. Now when you come in and say you want it undone, it's a debate about what will be lost when it is undone. All the inertia is against the change, which is why no matter what politician talks a big talk about making big change, it is extremely rare that anything substantial will ever happen, especially on the federal level.

The most the conservative movement could ever hope to achieve was to provide resistance and impediments to big radical changes. It was very successful at doing that. Now that Trump has co-opted it, it has lost its effectiveness in that role and now all the debates center around which big radical changes should be done once power is acquired. The era of Republicans standing for smaller government and cutting spending and regulation (at least in principle) is gone, never to return.

That's why I long ago gave up up on the idea that we should pick our leaders based on what they promise to do once in office. The only thing that really matters is character--put the people with the best character possible in there and forget about all the rest of the nonsense and go live your life to the fullest potential possible.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top