Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What sort of jet boat needs so many of them ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Some shit for an MRAP type thing
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like either a Cogswell Cog or a Spacely Sprocket.

Seriously though looks like a tail housing for a tranny
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
build date 7/31/2024

to auction in less than 60 days. ???

Link Posted: 9/22/2024 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brahm:
build date 7/31/2024

View Quote

Maybe from a wrecked semi truck, insurance paid load…… off to auction?
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Can you hold a banana next to it for scale ?
View Quote

Or a bus.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By brahm:
build date 7/31/2024

View Quote

Lots of items I see at these auctions are hot off the press.  I'll have to contact BAE and see if they just want them as I don't think there's much value out there for whatever .mil vehicle they fit.  I'd say there's a 99% chance they say to scrap them as they're out of their chain of custody.  Wonder what vehicle these fit and worst case is I'll just have the auction sell them for me on a regular pallet so I'll get to keep the one I need and get 50% of the sale.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#9]
You might contact these guys, they deal in military trucks and parts.

Memphis Equipment
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]
After a couple of phone calls it appears these are for BAE Systems electric motors for large vehicles (busses) and these were indeed lost freight.  He said BAE will definitely be calling me because they need these....Now since I own them what do you think I should sell em back for?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/23/2024 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By walther1978:
After a couple of phone calls it appears these are for BAE Systems electric motors for large vehicles (busses) and these were indeed lost freight.  He said BAE will definitely be calling me because they need these....Now since I own them what do you think I should sell em back for?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165818/bae11_jpg-3330501.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165818/bae8_jpg-3330497.JPG

View Quote
That is very cool! I would probably just ask what they offer and go with that and them arrange all freight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#12]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165818/bae11_jpg-3330501.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/165818/bae8_jpg-3330497.JPG

View Quote

Odds are you took them in right, so you can be flexible.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Would they have insurance for these parts when they shipped them?
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:
Would they have insurance for these parts when they shipped them?
View Quote

They should have.  If it was a super high dollar item they should have hot shot them not send them ground through a common carrier...

Most freight insurance though pays out by weight.  I've had $10,000 restaurant equipment lost and damaged and I only got paid for it by the pound.  About $2/lb.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By OG1:
That is very cool! I would probably just ask what they offer and go with that and them arrange all freight.
View Quote

More than likely this is the case.  Also need to ask if that was all they lost because at these auctions I tend to see the same things twice.  I bought two 1800lb Dana/Spicer telehandler axles a month apart for $500/each and sold them to an outfitter in Canada for $6k to use on an electric off road tour bus.  Unfortunately they don't use these parts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]

They should have.  If it was a super high dollar item they should have hot shot them not send them ground through a common carrier...

Most freight insurance though pays out by weight.  I've had $10,000 restaurant equipment lost and damaged and I only got paid for it by the pound.  About $2/lb.
View Quote

I used to work for one of the big defense contractors and parts of all flavors got moved around by common carriers.

I once got held up on a business trip because FedEx had misplaced one of these(just the optic, we had the yoke)

Link Posted: 9/23/2024 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Hold on man!  Those may be parts from one of those electric school busses that KH expresses so much love for.   You might start a bidding war between BAE and KH and Tampon Tim.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

Odds are you took them in right, so you can be flexible.
View Quote

Of course.  With anything I buy though I try to at least 3x-5x the money on them when I go to sell them.  I'm good with that.  Sending out some requests for pricing today.  I'm sure these are expensive as they are limited run, made in USA and very specific for intended use.  If I can get pricing on them I'd be good to sell them back to the company I contacted for 50% of their cost + freight.  I would guess these would cost 2-3k each to manufacturer so will be more than happy to take half that and get them out of my warehouse.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#19]
 He said BAE will definitely be calling me because they need these....Now since I own them what do you think I should sell em back for?

View Quote

Find out what they sell them for. Ask for 35% of that.

Their build cost is most likely 15% more.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Of course.  With anything I buy though I try to at least 3x-5x the money on them when I go to sell them.  I'm good with that.  Sending out some requests for pricing today.  I'm sure these are expensive as they are limited run, made in USA and very specific for intended use.  If I can get pricing on them I'd be good to sell them back to the company I contacted for 50% of their cost + freight.  I would guess these would cost 2-3k each to manufacturer so will be more than happy to take half that and get them out of my warehouse.
View Quote

I'll bet their manufacturing cost is closer to $5K each.  

Those are a very complex assembly.

But, that's good for you!

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Even $5K sounds light to me. Those probably aren't very high volume parts, castings, tooling, labor, etc. all adds up quick.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Even $5K sounds light to me. Those probably aren't very high volume parts, castings, tooling, labor, etc. all adds up quick.
View Quote

I hope so. Waiting to hear back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

View Quote

I was wrong on my guess.  WAY wrong....  Quote from a company I'm in contact with about the part and price.  This IS the part.  I have 4 of them.

"""Hello,
If our parts team can confirm that the part you’re requesting is indeed N8903054 (BAE - 115E5600G4), we currently have 1 in stock, the price is of $ 34,051.56. In order to process an order, we will need to open an account.

Thank you """

Link Posted: 9/25/2024 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy crap, good score!  Go get that bag
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Holy carp
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#26]

I was wrong on my guess.  WAY wrong....  Quote from a company I'm in contact with about the part and price.  This IS the part.  I have 4 of them.

"""Hello,
If our parts team can confirm that the part you're requesting is indeed N8903054 (BAE - 115E5600G4), we currently have 1 in stock, the price is of $ 34,051.56. In order to process an order, we will need to open an account.

Thank you """

View Quote

I thought even $5K might be low, but not THAT low.

Link Posted: 9/25/2024 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Now find out who buys them and make make an easy 100k
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#28]
MOTHER F@#&ER! I seriously hate you. Not really
Hope it works out.
Please keep us informed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#29]

"""Hello,
If our parts team can confirm that the part you’re requesting is indeed N8903054 (BAE - 115E5600G4), we currently have 1 in stock, the price is of $ 34,051.56. In order to process an order, we will need to open an account.

Thank you """

View Quote

Congratulations

Can I hang with you?
Tagged
Link Posted: 10/10/2024 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#30]
What happened, OP?
How much did you get for them?
Link Posted: 10/11/2024 6:22:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ServiceGun:
What happened, OP?
View Quote

Probably signed an NDA so people don't try to steal them in transit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2024 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ServiceGun:
What happened, OP?
View Quote

Pic of OP?
Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top