Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sam becoming Captain America is directly from the comics.

Captain America volume 7 #25
View Quote
I thought Bucky followed .. but  it's been many years since I read them
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Don’t know if this has been posted yet but, Google “Thanos” then click the infinity gauntlet
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Gamora was not brought back with the stones. The Gamora in Endgame was from the past. Thanos almost died after using the stones to destroy the stones. That is why he was limping and easy to beat.
View Quote
But Thanos wasn't weakened when he used the stones for the first time (Infinity Wars), or that I could pick up on.  I still enjoyed the movie
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It stuck out like a sore thumb. It was a totally strange girl power social justice warrior nod that broke the 4th wall and took me out of the moment of what was happening in the movie that moment. It was stupid. They were there already kicking ass with everyone else. They were being well represented, then this stupid slow mo stacking and piling of diverse womenz in the middle of an epic battle scene just took a steaming shit in the middle of an otherwise excellent movie.

At that moment those that made the movie decided it was more important to send this virtue signal to the audience than to seamlessly continue the scene to its conclusion and keep the audience in the moment. If you didn't notice it you couldn't have been paying attention IMO.
View Quote
My girls loved it.  Seemed contrived (gratuitous) to me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got back from it.

Thor Lebowski was gold.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But Thanos wasn't weakened when he used the stones for the first time (Infinity Wars), or that I could pick up on.  I still enjoyed the movie
View Quote
The glove was damaged. But he was using them not destroying the stones.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It stuck out like a sore thumb. It was a totally strange girl power social justice warrior nod that broke the 4th wall and took me out of the moment of what was happening in the movie that moment. It was stupid. They were there already kicking ass with everyone else. They were being well represented, then this stupid slow mo stacking and piling of diverse womenz in the middle of an epic battle scene just took a steaming shit in the middle of an otherwise excellent movie.

At that moment those that made the movie decided it was more important to send this virtue signal to the audience than to seamlessly continue the scene to its conclusion and keep the audience in the moment. If you didn't notice it you couldn't have been paying attention IMO.
View Quote
Agreed. Glad Marvel got smacked hard at the end of it
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:17:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did not even notice the girl power stuff you guys are bitching about.  It was what, 30 seconds out of three hours?
I don’t understand why people are bitching about it either.

Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gamora was alive because they went back into the timestream before she got thrown off the cliff in exchange for the soul stone. Black widow couldn't be brought back in the new reality they made because she was who was traded, not Gamora. Its basic cause and effect IMO and not a plot hole... Vision cannot be brought back with a snap because he was part infinity stone. The mind stone cannot be in his head and in the gauntlet simultaneously so he isn't going to be brought back with a snap. Simple continuity issue IMO.

Maybe they could have recreated him again later with the stone after they took it out of the gauntlet but eventually to set right the past streams he would have to die to put the mind stone back.

Thanos in the beginning was seriously injured from destroying the stones. He was half melted and limping. The Thanos they fight later is the same MCU Thanos that beats the brakes off Hulk and Thor with no help from infinity stones so he's stout to put it mildly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being a comic book purist ( which I admit, may not transition well in to movie),  I was a wee bit disappointed, but the ending worked well.  It was an enjoyable movie. and had some unexpected turns which were good.  I didn't like what happened to Vision.  The plot had some holes Gamora could be brought back, but not Black Widow.  The stone usage effect was alittle wonky.  The ease of how they handled Thanos (at the beginning).  Captain America's exit, giving the sheild to falcon, instead of Bucky.. girl power stuff,  smallish stuff like that, that was irritating.
Gamora was alive because they went back into the timestream before she got thrown off the cliff in exchange for the soul stone. Black widow couldn't be brought back in the new reality they made because she was who was traded, not Gamora. Its basic cause and effect IMO and not a plot hole... Vision cannot be brought back with a snap because he was part infinity stone. The mind stone cannot be in his head and in the gauntlet simultaneously so he isn't going to be brought back with a snap. Simple continuity issue IMO.

Maybe they could have recreated him again later with the stone after they took it out of the gauntlet but eventually to set right the past streams he would have to die to put the mind stone back.

Thanos in the beginning was seriously injured from destroying the stones. He was half melted and limping. The Thanos they fight later is the same MCU Thanos that beats the brakes off Hulk and Thor with no help from infinity stones so he's stout to put it mildly.
Thanos started Infinity War with the power stone.

He had it when he beat the shit out of Thor and Hulk.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:27:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I like how Dr. Strange saw all the scenarios in Infinity War, only 1 being successful in 7+ mil., and knew that Stark would be the one to save half of the universe, so he gave up the stone for Thanos to spare Stark.

Then in Endgame Strange gives Stark the “1” sign and Stark knew what he had to do.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Chris Evans wants to move on, RDJ has become too expensive, ScarJo has always had other opportunities.

I know Marvel has future MCU movies planned, but I don't think Marvel ever believed those movies will have the same success the previous ones did. This was what, an 11-year, 20-movie story arc that led to Endgame? Marvel knew this was their culmination point.
View Quote
No he doesn't, but what else is he going to say. He has no backup franchise, and nothing is going to pay him as well as MCU.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:53:40 AM EDT
[#13]
So this after credits scene / sound...

I wonder if Stark from the other timeline is in the cave making the Mark I suit and will somehow replace Tony I (RIP).

Maybe Cap did something...(shrug)... I dunno...
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:08:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So this after credits scene / sound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjdObufQX08

I wonder if Stark from the other timeline is in the cave making the Mark I suit and will somehow replace Tony I (RIP).

Maybe Cap did something...(shrug)... I dunno...
View Quote
That’s the downside to introducing easily accessible time travel.  Nothing really matters anymore.  There are no lasting high stakes.  Anything can  be changed for the sake of the story.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 5:04:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That’s the downside to introducing easily accessible time travel.  Nothing really matters anymore.  There are no lasting high stakes.  Anything can  be changed for the sake of the story.
View Quote
Cough Wolverine Cough
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#16]
How did the Avengers not notice Thanos’s ship busting through the roof of their headquarters?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Taking it is the problem. Putting it back shouldn’t be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
May have already been said but how did Cap put the soul stone back? Soul for a soul?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a83a0112e721443319b458e156bc3394/tenor.gif?itemid=13723093
Why?

And how do you get back into that otherworldly area where they actually got the stone? Red skull going to do that?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How did the Avengers not notice Thanos’s ship busting through the roof of their headquarters?
View Quote
They locked down the facility / “closed all the blinds” right before it happened. I think it compartmentalized the building like a submarine would with a big breach/leak.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why?

And how do you get back into that otherworldly area where they actually got the stone? Red skull going to do that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
May have already been said but how did Cap put the soul stone back? Soul for a soul?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a83a0112e721443319b458e156bc3394/tenor.gif?itemid=13723093
Why?

Just hand it back to the red dude. Really not that difficult. He may laugh at you. He may give you the last soul it took. Who knows.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just hand it back to the red dude. Really not that difficult. He may laugh at you. He may give you the last soul it took. Who knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

When cap pops into existence on the planet he will be met by the keeper of the stone. It’s red skulls curse to be in charge of it. He can’t harness its power but he knows everything about everyone coming for it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Is that Axe body spray?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Captain Cunt with the full on dyke haircut in this movie.

She looked like Hillary

Useless and unnecessary girl power scene that was lame.

Other than that, it was ok.
View Quote
Also went from battle gear to a formal pantsuit with a wide stance at the funeral with the “bird of prey” haircut.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought Bucky followed .. but  it's been many years since I read them
View Quote
Bucky became Cap after Rogers was shot at the end of the Civil War story arc in the comics.

He made more sense anyway since he was augmented and part of a super soldier program.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I was breaking down this same point with my daughter. Past Thor wouldn’t have the hammer anymore against the Dark Elves invading Asgard in Thor 2. Future Thor just took it.
Future Nebula killed past Nebula. Then wouldn’t Future Nebula automatically die too.
View Quote
There was a bit of exposition from Professor Hulk earlier in the movie explaining that time travel doesn't work like everyone thinks it does. You even get Scott replying "so Back to the Future is bullshit?" They basically set their own rules for time travel in the MCU. Kind of lazy writing, IMO but still doesn't take too much away from the movie. (at least for me)
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Iron Man restarted RDJs career. Nobody thought the first Marvel movie would do this great. All the credit goes to RDJ and Jon Favreau. Nobody else could have done Iron Man nearly as well. And it proved that the MCU would be successful.
View Quote
Yep. He was a huge risk. Especially when you consider what actors almost got the role. (Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman, Nicolas Cage, among others)
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
One of thse greatest films of all time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  I enjoyed the movie and thought it was very well done.  You were the one complaining because it had "less action than the first Avengers movie."  Among other things.
It's your fault you are easily entertained.
Enjoy your Transformers though.
http://unfunnynerdtangent.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/giphy-3-1.gif
One of thse greatest films of all time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Half in the Bag Episode 162: Avengers: Endgame
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#29]
$350 million domestic and $1.2 billion worldwide the first weekend.  Holy Shit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I do wish they had paid a little tribute to Black Widow and Vision at the end, along with Tony.  All they had to do was add their pictures or something along side Tony's first reactor.  Similar to what they did for Wash, Shepherd Book, and Mr. Universe at the end of Serenity.  Maybe they just ran out of time, the movie was already long.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There was a bit of exposition from Professor Hulk earlier in the movie explaining that time travel doesn't work like everyone thinks it does. You even get Scott replying "so Back to the Future is bullshit?" They basically set their own rules for time travel in the MCU. Kind of lazy writing, IMO but still doesn't take too much away from the movie. (at least for me)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was breaking down this same point with my daughter. Past Thor wouldn't have the hammer anymore against the Dark Elves invading Asgard in Thor 2. Future Thor just took it.
Future Nebula killed past Nebula. Then wouldn't Future Nebula automatically die too.
Captain America returns Mjolnir when he takes the stones back. That's why he didn't have it at the end.

The whole idea is Captain America goes back in time to return everything they took within seconds of taking them to prevent any change to the timeline.

That's what the bald chick and Bruce/Hulk were talking about on the roof.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Captain America returns Mjolnir when he takes the stones back. That's why he didn't have it at the end.

The whole idea is Captain America goes back in time to return everything they took within seconds of taking them to prevent any change to the timeline.

View Quote
What about the extra Pim particles they took from 1970?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep. He was a huge risk. Especially when you consider what actors almost got the role. (Tom Cruise, Hugh Jackman, Nicolas Cage, among others)
View Quote
It was his first big film after he got out of prison. He had rehabbed himself by playing supporting roles in Gothika, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Fur,  He’d only been sober for a few years. In these other films, he could be dumped and they might be saved. Mel Gibson payed for the insurance on Downey for Gothika. Joel Silver, director of Gothika, held half of his salary to keep him from blowing it on drugs. It was a risk to hire him in 2007.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Meh. Hank says "I could have sworn I had 8 of those, not 4 on this shelf."
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It was his first big film after he got out of prison. He had rehabbed himself by playing supporting roles in Gothika, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Fur,  He’d only been sober for a few years. In these other films, he could be dumped and they might be saved. Mel Gibson payed for the insurance on Downey for Gothika.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was his first big film after he got out of prison. He had rehabbed himself by playing supporting roles in Gothika, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Fur,  He’d only been sober for a few years. In these other films, he could be dumped and they might be saved. Mel Gibson payed for the insurance on Downey for Gothika.
IIRC, RDJ actually came to Mel Gibson's defense when Hollywood was attempting to ostracize Gibson.  Something along the lines of "let him without sin cast the first stone." That may be why Gibson did that.

Joel Silver, director of Gothika, held half of his salary to keep him from blowing it on drugs. It was a risk to hire him in 2007.
I read somewhere that RDJ now insists on a holdback of a certain percent of his salary so that (a) he has an incentive to stay clean and (b) directors/producers have a level of trust in hiring him.

RDJ is a very talented actor.  I remember watching Iron Man 1 and thinking "holy shit, why isn't this guy in more movies? He's great!!!"
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Could be the plot of the spinoff Disney+ show he is getting.  Could prove interesting, and if it gets cancelled all they have to do is get him back to that moment in time for full circle.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really want to know what happened to Loki after he escaped . Will he be in future movies or did that just create a separate timeline and we'll never know?
Could be the plot of the spinoff Disney+ show he is getting.  Could prove interesting, and if it gets cancelled all they have to do is get him back to that moment in time for full circle.  
When Cap goes back and puts the stones back... that moment never happens.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iron Man restarted RDJs career. Nobody thought the first Marvel movie would do this great. All the credit goes to RDJ and Jon Favreau. Nobody else could have done Iron Man nearly as well. And it proved that the MCU would be successful.
Cruise would have been
known as Iron Shrimp
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

RDJ is a very talented actor.  I remember watching Iron Man 1 and thinking "holy shit, why isn't this guy in more movies? He's great!!!"
View Quote
He has a great gift for comedy. Which is something most serious actors can’t do well. Some little known RDJ credits: SNL, Weird Science, and Back to School.

Gibson gave Downey the money before he went nuts at his DUI in 2006.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He has a great gift for comedy. Which is something most serious actors can’t do well. Some little known RDJ credits: SNL, Weird Science, and Back to School.

Gibson gave Downey the money before he went nuts at his DUI in 2006.
View Quote
All the chicks dig him. Almost every woman I flirted with even before Iron Man thought he was cool. I was like, he’s 5’7 150lbs. They were like....cooler than you
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Plenty of time to take care of those.  

Nick
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the problem? Hank can just make more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really want to know what happened to Loki after he escaped . Will he be in future movies or did that just create a separate timeline and we'll never know?
Maybe, maybe not.  Cap and Tony had to go back further in time to retake the space stone since Loki took it and bolted.  It either created an alternate timeline with Loki or he will be explained later.  The events around the space stone (tesseract) still "happened" as only the time and mind stone were taken from that moment and returned to that moment.  Tony/Scott's interactions would have to have been stopped as well for it to flow continuous by the rules of time travel established in the movie.  Cap returned the stone to a different timeline back in the 70's restoring it, Loki still created an alternate timeline/universe in 2012.

According to at least one video review and a written one my speculation may be on the right track.  One thing is consistent in these movies, no detail is left to chance and they have subtle moments that usually mean something bigger later than they seem at the moment.  Probably the same with Harley at the funeral.

Loki Timeline theory
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

All the chicks dig him. Almost every woman I flirted with even before Iron Man thought he was cool. I was like, he’s 5’7 150lbs. They were like....cooler than you
View Quote
Pablo Picasso was never called an asshole
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#46]
So you can’t bring someone back from a previous timeline if they were sacrificed for the stone... except that they bring back Zamora.

Nobody needed glock-grrl anyway... she was useless.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So you can’t bring someone back from a previous timeline if they were sacrificed for the stone... except that they bring back Zamora.

Nobody needed glock-grrl anyway... she was useless.
View Quote
that was Gamora from the past, who time-traveled into the future with bad Nebula and Thanos.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is a Black Widow movie planned.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When Rogers FINALLY said "Avengers Assemble!" that was it for me, so awesome. I knew they were saving it for this movie but man, wow. I could have easily walked right back in and watched it again.
View Quote
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top