Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2023 10:15:35 AM EDT

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/avidity-arms-pd10-pistol/#axzz81Drtga51

The Avidity Arms PD10 is the first defensive handgun designed from the ground up by a defensive shooting instructor, Rob Pincus. After more than two decades’ experience, the Personal Defense Network™ founder developed the concept of a purpose-built carry pistol that addresses the needs of people who actually carry concealed guns for the defense of themselves or others.
What makes a perfect defensive handgun? “It boils down to carryability, shootability, and reliability,” says Pincus. “Most pistols compromise in a way that sacrifices at least one of those three far too much, but not the PD10. I believe that we have balanced out the compromises in the best way possible for the largest number of people.”

Carryability, of course, means that the gun must not be too large or too heavy to comfortably conceal. The PD10 accomplishes this with a surprisingly thin grip, holding a metal single-stack magazine that still boasts a 10+1 capacity for ample firepower.

Shootability means that the pistol makes it easier for a person to hit their target efficiently. A defensive gun must be simple and comfortable to use. It must be large enough to positively grip with all fingers for full gun control, and the controls need to be easy to manipulate safely. The contouring and ergonomics of the PD10’s slim grip ensure all of the above.

The Smooth Strike Trigger increases deviation control on first shots, while allowing rapid follow-ups after a short reset. The sights, also designed by Pincus, are an Ameriglo™ Claw rear with a wide notch, paired with a bright front square sight that includes a tritium insert as a standard feature. Lastly, the 4” barrel creates a weight balance that helps the shooter manage recoil.

Reliability comes standard with the PD10, which is 100% made in America, has no MIM Parts, and is largely manufactured under one roof in North Carolina. The PD10 design has gone through multiple rounds of extensive durability testing and has evolved into a pistol you can rely on to defend yourself or those you care about. This striker-fired self-defense gun has a safety index point on the frame, so your trigger finger knows where to stay. A safety integrated trigger, firing pin block, and loaded chamber indicator round out the package. There is an option for an Optic Cut slide, with a footprint matching the Holosun 507K/EPS Carry and Shield RMSc.
View Quote

Looks like a Glock and a Taurus had a crystal meth-fueled hatefuck, the Taurus smoked and drank during the entire pregnancy because “Tha’s how Mommah di’ it,” went into labor two months early, and the retarded fetus spent the entire 72 hour labor with the umbilical cord wrapped around its neck.

You know how the DWX, Platypus, and 2311 take all of the best parts from a 1911 (SAO hammer-fired trigger, ergonomics, etc) and combine them with super reliable modern duty pistol magazines? This gun is like what was made from all the leftover parts once they were done taking all the good stuff for those 1911-style hybrids.

Also, FRP
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought it would never come out. Late to the game, but glad it finally did. Anyway, why do we hate Rob Pincus?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#2]
So it’s an AREX Delta?
https://www.arex.si/delta
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#3]
No optics cut in 2023?  Good luck with that.

I look forward to seeing them in CDNNs next catalog.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a Bersa clone to me
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like all the cheap pistols falling out of turkey
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I don’t have it saved, but Larry Correia got into it with Rob Pincus over Rob supporting victim disarmament laws.  It was the cruelest, most awesome evisceration via the written word I’ve ever seen. And hilarious too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#7]
He thought it was funny how long he took to bring it to market. When he started there was no micro compact double stacks.

Now no one gives a fuck.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Will not buy, just like I have not bought other pistols it resembles.  Given the maker, that double stamps it for me.  I once thought the dude was ok.  I got over it.   I will end it there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to be a fan of Pincus, as he does have some good and valid ideas. Eventually, though, I got sick of his schtick and stopped following him.

The PD10 was a wonderful idea 10 years ago, when the P365 and Glock 43X didn't exist. Now, it's just another late comer and an also-ran. Some will sell, but it won't be in the numbers it would have sold even 5 years ago.

Oh, and what the fuck is that little thing sticking out from the front of the mag?

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No optics cut in 2023?  Good luck with that.

I look forward to seeing them in CDNNs next catalog.
View Quote

According to the article, "There is an option for an Optic Cut slide, with a footprint matching the Holosun 507K/EPS Carry and Shield RMSc."
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I used to be a fan of Pincus, as he does have some good and valid ideas. Eventually, though, I got sick of his schtick and stopped following him.

The PD10 was a wonderful idea 10 years ago, when the P365 and Glock 43X didn't exist. Now, it's just another late comer and an also-ran. Some will sell, but it won't be in the numbers it would have sold even 5 years ago.

Oh, and what the fuck is that little thing sticking out from the front of the mag?
https://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Avidity-Arms-PD10-Pistol-600x509.jpg
View Quote

This is the boat I am in.

I assume that is a claw on the mag for some sort of one handed, mag won't drop free, you have a malfunction, and and you need to rip the mag out. However, on the front doesn't make much sense, so I may be way off.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Didn't Rob step on his dick recently? I honestly can't remember what he did though.

ETA: Refreshed my memory, the guy who's an advocate for 3D Printed guns wants universal background checks lol.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/guns-in-america-ending-the-culture-war-starting-a-productive-conversation/#axzz6qjGCZTCM
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/rob-pincus-answers-pointed-questions-about-his-support-for-expanded-background-checks/
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't like Picus but since they fully released the CAD and basically intended to have the frame printable I might put one together some day
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Not great.  Not terrible.  I’ll wait for the ARF GD review.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is the boat I am in.

I assume that is a claw on the mag for some sort of one handed, mag won't drop free, you have a malfunction, and and you need to rip the mag out. However, on the front doesn't make much sense, so I may be way off.
View Quote

Yeah, that's what it is. It's the I.C.E. Claw, which is designed for just what you said. Being familiar with Rob, the incorporation of it on the mag plate doesn't surprise me. His design of the Claw sights is one of the things he's done that I liked, as it makes sense. I don't know that this design is any better than a normal base plate with an extended lip, though. But, Rob being Rob, he's got to put his unique little touch on everything.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#16]
More combat Tupperware.  These things do not rustle my jimmies in the slightest
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I’ll stick with my Vickers and Hackathorn HK45.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Another not-a-glock Glock?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I thought it would never come out. Late to the game, but glad it finally did. Anyway, why do we hate Rob Pincus?
View Quote

Default position until we hear different
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Frp
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Universal background checks, red flags, etc.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd rather have an infected boil on my butthole than have anything to do with Pincus. The gun is vaporware. Try to actually find one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't hate Rob Pincus.

He has good points. He can actually be a genuinely intelligent and articulate advocate for the 2nd amendment when he chooses to be.

His training philosophies around using a handgun, however, are terrible.

I've had interaction with dozens of people trained in his CFS system who went to other classes and their performance has been universally terrible. They aren't getting the skills necessary to shoot with accountability and accuracy at speed in his classes.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't hate Rob Pincus.

He has good points. He can actually be a genuinely intelligent and articulate advocate for the 2nd amendment when he chooses to be.

I've had interaction with dozens of people trained in his CFS system who went to other classes and their performance has been universally terrible. They aren't getting the skills necessary to shoot with accountability and accuracy at speed in his classes.  
View Quote

That's because he doesn't teach that. I've taken CFS. It's retarded. He's a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#25]
The Avidity uses a single stack 9mm 1911 magazine.

I have a fair bit of time running a single stack 9mm 1911. Those magazines would not be my choice for building a gun around.

At the time of the original conception that's all that was around...but now we have the S&W Shield and the Sig P365 which means you no longer have to make that compromise to get a compact pistol.

With the other options on the market I don't see any reason to buy a PD10. And given how long and problematic the gestation of the gun has been I have little faith in the customer support after the purchase.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's because he doesn't teach that. I've taken CFS. It's retarded. He's a piece of shit.
View Quote

I was trying to be gentle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for a legit response.

Quoted:
I don't hate Rob Pincus.

That's interesting about performance from people FCS training. My only formal training was from a buddy that was a CFS instructor. That was 11 or 12 years ago at this point. It definitely put me on the right track and I have mostly shot competition since then.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#28]
So it’s an Arex Delta
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Doesn't rob also have a habit of throwing his students guns?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hate is not really the right word.

It’s just that in a world of instructors/techniques/opinion of national/international champion competitive shooters, legit hardcore SOF backgrounds, and battlefield combat experience on hundreds of objectives, etc. many of us tire of dudes with subpar or mediocre at best resumes they overstate and pretty up selling themselves as top notch.

Let’s say you are going to get trauma training.
Do you want it from the guy that was a SF medic or SEAL SOIDC that became an MD from Northwestern, then trauma critical care surgeon residency and fellowship with a ton of time overseas that works at a trauma center and is co-EMS director for the county with an ER doc with a similar background,

Or the guy that was an EMT basic on the volunteer squad in Sleepyville, was a medic in the NG, with a degree from Pikeville Osteopathic then did a family practice residency at a little community hospital?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#31]
How many times can you reinvent the wheel?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone else get this email?

I only clicked on this thread, I didn't open links or anything. Never heard of this shit before I clicked on the thread... And damn sure didn't subscribe to their website.

Wtf is going on here???
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don’t have it saved, but Larry Correia got into it with Rob Pincus over Rob supporting victim disarmament laws.  It was the cruelest, most awesome evisceration via the written word I’ve ever seen. And hilarious too.
View Quote

I’ve been know for a long time as able of delivering verbal eviscerations of high, high quality.  And often surrounded by others of similar capability.  Like D1 travel team starter level. And have appreciation for and are reviewers and critics of such.  Those of us that have seen some of his writings are respectful fans - he is starting NFL quarterback MVP level.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#34]
In 2023, why would anyone use a single stack 9mm 1911 magazine in a pistol? It makes the gun unnecessarily long in the grip.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was trying to be gentle.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In 2023, why would anyone use a single stack 9mm 1911 magazine in a pistol? It makes the gun unnecessarily long in the grip.
View Quote

Because the gun was designed in 2013, Rob Pincus designed it around the 9mm 1911 mag, and Rob Pincus doesn't admit to making errors in judgement, so the PD10 sticks with the original magazine.

And, hell, if they changed the mag it used, it'd be another 10 years before it went into production.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Because the gun was designed in 2013, Rob Pincus designed it around the 9mm 1911 mag, and Rob Pincus doesn't admit to making errors in judgement, so the PD10 sticks with the original magazine.

And, hell, if they changed the mag it used, it'd be another 10 years before it went into production.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, but that still bears the question-

In 2013 WTF would anyone use a 9mm 1911 mag?  
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Snake oil salesman brings trash blaster to market!
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Pincus is a POS of the highest order.  Not only is he a proponent of some gun control measures, he's one of those people that thinks Ashli Babbitt was a looney that got what she deserved.

He posted as much on Facebook.  Michael Bane made a post about Babbitt and Pincus chimed in to say she was a nut job.  He's one of those folks that think there was an "insurrection" on Jan. 6th.  Larry Correia tore him a new one.  He's a muppet and is unable to articulate his position worth a damn.  He's no friend to gun owners.  He's not one of us.  The company that supposedly makes these pistols is somewhere in western NC.  After asking around about the actual manufacturing capabilities...it seems like a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

That dude is a commie POS and should probably join forces with Karl from InRange so all those shitbirds can flock together.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#40]
It has survived rigorous torture tests of Pincus grabbing it from trainees and throwing it in rage across the range.

To me it looks like a Steyr M9 with down syndrome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top