Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/14/2022 10:28:53 PM EDT
US authorities suspended avocado imports from Mexico just hours before the Super Bowl — a decision made after an American plant safety inspector purportedly received a threatening phone call.

Mexican officials said the US “made the decision after one of their officials, who was carrying out inspections in Uruapan, Michoacán, received a threatening message on his official cellphone.”

“For future situations that result in a security breach, or demonstrate an imminent physical threat to the well-being of APHIS personnel, we will immediately suspend program activities,” the agency said at the time.

The shutdown on imports occurred as avocados surged to their highest price on record ahead of the Super Bowl — traditionally highest single day of demand for guacamole.

The price of a 20-pound box of avocados from the state was $26.23 as of Feb. 3, or about $6.29 more than it was on the same day the previous year.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/14/us-suspends-mexican-avocado-imports-over-threatening-call/
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Peak Guacamole has arrived!
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
That food inspector probably pissed off an ATF or FBI agent, so they called up their cartel buddies to fuck with him.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Nefarious forces are to blame...

US suspension of avocado imports part of conspiracy, Mexican president says

Mexico’s president said Monday the U.S. suspension on avocado imports and recent environmental complaints are part of a conspiracy against his country by political or economic interests.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador put forward the conspiracy theory after the U.S. suspended imports of Mexican avocados on the eve of the Super Bowl following a threat against a U.S. plant safety inspector in Mexico.

( The President of Mexico says the Cartel is not to blame )

https://www.fox4news.com/news/us-suspension-of-avocado-imports-part-of-conspiracy-mexican-president-says?taid=620b09309e8a830001d4d6ee&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe they should do that with fentanyl
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Who will cry for the guacomole?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Imports stopped on super bowl sunday? People already bought their avocados, bad timing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mexico’s president said Monday the U.S. suspension on avocado imports and recent environmental complaints are part of a conspiracy against his country by political or economic interests.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador put forward the conspiracy theory after the U.S. suspended imports of Mexican avocados on the eve of the Super Bowl following a threat against a U.S. plant safety inspector in Mexico.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/us-suspension-of-avocado-imports-part-of-conspiracy-mexican-president-says?taid=620b09309e8a830001d4d6ee&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
View Quote

The president of Mexico is most likely a cartel plant.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only way the Prez know's it wasn't the cartels was if it was from the biggest cartel, the Mexican government.  This guy knows it wasn't cartels as much as those police in NYC know that the black guy who killed the Asian woman wasn't a "hate" crime.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Just force the illegals to each carry a back pack full of avocados across the border. Cartels own both the illegals and avacados.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Fun fact. All avocados are conflict fruit.

The cartels have that entire industry on lockdown. And yes that extends to US growers in California.

One of the most fucking corrupt industries in the world.

Olive oil is similarly controlled by organized crime in Europe.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fentanyl importation is done with no support on the US side.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Could things possibly get any worse for us millennials?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I looked into getting an avocado tree. I don't eat  them but clearly there is a market for them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The cartels have that entire industry on lockdown. And yes that extends to US growers in California.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of my former employees was from Mexico. He went home to check on the house he was having built for his mom and said he saw more cartel activity than normal. Apparently there are a bunch of avocado farms there and a rival cartel had recently taken them over. I had no clue this was a thing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#21]
If you had a hydroponic operation, and the numbers were better for avocado's...

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Did we miss Nancy's husband buying avocado futures?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Millennials can't afford avocado toast anymore anyways, according to GD.

Non-issue.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I wonder how many avocados the average illegal can hump across the border in a knapsack??  or maybe they'll just hide them in the fentanyl shipments
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe they should do that with fentanyl
View Quote
Came to post this.

ETA: Fuck autocorrect
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

One of my former employees was from Mexico. He went home to check on the house he was having built for his mom and said he saw more cartel activity than normal. Apparently there are a bunch of avocado farms there and a rival cartel had recently taken them over. I had no clue this was a thing.
View Quote
I only recently learned about this, via y myoutube feed. Small area in mexico some Avacado farmers formed up their own militia to protect their farms. Control the roads in and out, protect their deliveries etc. Also heard that some vegans/vegetarians refuse to eat avacados like people don't want conflict diamonds.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#27]
And we have members here who want to visit Mexico and take avocado field tours.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I only recently learned about this, via y myoutube feed. Small area in mexico some Avacado farmers formed up their own militia to protect their farms. Control the roads in and out, protect their deliveries etc. Also heard that some vegans/vegetarians refuse to eat avacados like people don't want conflict diamonds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talked to a contractor who is from Mexico last week and he told similar stories to me.  I had no idea.  Also bought some Avacados this past Sunday
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wonder how many avocados the average illegal can hump across the border in a knapsack??  or maybe they'll just hide them in the fentanyl shipments
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Noooooo! What about my hipster toast?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I am disappointed at this. Guess I’ll just be eating salsa and chips for a while.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Talked to a contractor who is from Mexico last week and he told similar stories to me.  I had no idea.  Also bought some Avacados this past Sunday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I learned it first hand as well.

Had another friend who tried to start an olive oil company using olives grown in the Czech Republic.

Had to give up after Italian and Greek mafia families burned his property on multiple occasions, stole his trucks, and tried to kill him twice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I never liked that crap any way . What's wrong with good old grape jelly ? That's the only thing other than butter I want on toast . And the dip sucks . Not an issue for me and never plan to go to Mexico .
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Peak avocado!

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Came to post office his.
View Quote
You came to mail him some fentanyl?
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep. I learned it first hand as well.

Had another friend who tried to start an olive oil company using olives grown in the Czech Republic.

Had to give up after Italian and Greek mafia families burned his property on multiple occasions, stole his trucks, and tried to kill him twice.
View Quote

Ya, there's the famous extralegal Quebec syrup cartel as well... historically, corrupt organizations have controlled all sorts of crop besides drugs.

Tea, sugar, bananas, cocoa, rubber, etc...
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I never liked that crap any way . What's wrong with good old grape jelly ? That's the only thing other than butter I want on toast . And the dip sucks . Not an issue for me and never plan to go to Mexico .
View Quote

Chips, salsa, guacamole  grape jelly??
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#38]
What does a lawyer have for breakfast?

Abogado toast.

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably a few hundred. The avocados I'm seeing these days are runts. Years ago whatever variety stores sold were a hell of a lot larger.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I looked into getting an avocado tree. I don't eat  them but clearly there is a market for them.
View Quote

I just planted several, way ahead of the curve on this one!  

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Bootleg run to Santa Paula, moochoo shekels.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ya, there's the famous extralegal Quebec syrup cartel as well... historically, corrupt organizations have controlled all sorts of crop besides drugs.

Tea, sugar, bananas, cocoa, rubber, etc...
View Quote

Oh yeah forgot about the syrup heists!
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#43]
No more $40 avocado toast from Uber Eats?  The Zoomers are gonna lose their minds…
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:51:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I just planted several, way ahead of the curve on this one!  

View Quote

Hard to grow.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Came to post office his.
Fucking autocorrect.

Came to post this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hard to grow.
View Quote

Yes they are.  I suspect half will die within days or weeks, then half of the ones left in a year or two.  Go big and have low expectations and I might do ok in the long run.

I did far worse with strawberries my first time with them, so I am not deterred by failure.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#47]

I have 20 acres of Avocado trees.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Avos be pricey now, in a few weeks with fruit starting to rot, prices gonna tank.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Meanwhile the Xiden Regime is the de facto northern partner of the Cartels in their human smuggling chain, enriching the cartels while further destabilizing the Mexican Government.

Over 2,500,000 illegal aliens allowed to just walk right in the past year, and those are just the ones we know about.

But one "inspector" gets threatened so they halt imports of a vegetable.  

12 more police officers were shot and wounded over this holiest of holies holiday weekends.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw them growing in the median on the way to Cabo San Lucas.  Not sure how they would grow in our climate.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top