Page / 40
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
^
A tanker wearing old school reeboks?
View Quote

Quoted:

Nothing quite like ”peacekeeping” with Grads.
View Quote

Honestly these 2 posts made me lol. Those pics are just so....Russian.

Could have been taken 40 years ago. Nothing has changed.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^
View Quote

Well they recently learned about socks
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Rocket artillery is not one of the first things I think of when thinking of peace keeping.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wonder how long till the Azeris and Russians get into it.
View Quote
If Russia wants that to happen they will manufacture it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Indeed. Had they not had state of the art weapons and personnel and intelligence assistance vs 30 year old and older Soviet era junk (for the most part) I wonder how this would have played out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What that map says, more than anything else's, is how much of a trouncing Azerbaijan dished out. I don't think there is single region that was predominantly Azeri in 1991 that is not now on the Azerbaijan side of that solid line.

[snipped rest of post]

Indeed. Had they not had state of the art weapons and personnel and intelligence assistance vs 30 year old and older Soviet era junk (for the most part) I wonder how this would have played out.

Azerbaijan clearly had this whole thing very well planned out - probably years in advance.  And it is obvious Turkey had a major role here.

Turkey probably more than offset its Syrian losses.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One half of my family is Armenian. Makes me sad to see this war. I don't really keep up on what is going on in Armenia so I have no context here. But it's sad to see people wanting Armenia to be wiped out.
View Quote

Christianity has been under constant attack.  We just lost another battle.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One half of my family is Armenian. Makes me sad to see this war. I don't really keep up on what is going on in Armenia so I have no context here. But it's sad to see people wanting Armenia to be wiped out.

Uh oh, the guy jacking off at the muslims winning this will be along to mock you shortly.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Azerbaijan clearly had this whole thing very well planned out - probably years in advance.  And it is obvious Turkey had a major role here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What that map says, more than anything else's, is how much of a trouncing Azerbaijan dished out. I don't think there is single region that was predominantly Azeri in 1991 that is not now on the Azerbaijan side of that solid line.

[snipped rest of post]

Not sure about years, but attacking right before our elections was not an accident. They knew it would be a shit show and distract everyone, not just the US. Turkey lit the fire and fanned the flames, as I've always said. Azerbaijan can be as "secular" and "moderate" as everyone here says, that doesn't mean things don't change and they won't ally themselves with a (now) extremist muslim nation to achieve their objectives. It will be interesting to see how turkey plays this in the months and years to come. Had they not had the materiel, personnel, and intelligence support of turkey this would have at best been a draw. Israel's help is not to be discounted either, and it wouldn't surprise me if their reason for providing so much weapons isn't just oil, but also because Armenia is allied with Iran. The reasons for this alliance I brought up earlier.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, that would be great.

And a terrible idea for Russia.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not sure about years, but attacking right before our elections was not an accident. They knew it would be a shit show and distract everyone, not just the US. Turkey lit the fire and fanned the flames, as I've always said. Azerbaijan can be as "secular" and "moderate" as everyone here says, that doesn't mean things don't change and they won't ally themselves with a (now) extremist muslim nation to achieve their objectives. It will be interesting to see how turkey plays this in the months and years to come. Had they not had the materiel, personnel, and intelligence support of turkey this would have at best been a draw. Israel's help is not to be discounted either, and it wouldn't surprise me if their reason for providing so much weapons isn't just oil, but also because Armenia is allied with Iran. The reasons for this alliance I brought up earlier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[snipped rest of post]

The reality is that anyone who is looking at this as simply a Muslim v. Christian conflict is engaged in very simplistic thought.  The reality is much more complicated than that, and that should be evident to anyone giving the history of this so much as cursory examination.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The reality is that anyone who is looking at this as simply a Muslim v. Christian conflict is engaged in very simplistic thought.  The reality is much more complicated than that, and that should be evident to anyone giving the history of this so much as cursory examination.
View Quote

It appears water was the biggest strategic goal of this engagement.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

If those maps are right, I don't see why they would.

Azerbaijan seems to have gotten everything it really wanted.

Near flawless victory, and they had their revenge. Also, the N-K crowd can't argue they need a buffer zone, as they now have Russians to reassure them.

The Russian get it have a huge presence and be seen as security guarantors for Armenians, a land corridor into Armenia, and a chance to completely undermine the Minsk Group.

Win-Win-Win, from the looks of it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's been one of be biggest goals of civilization for more or less ever
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sounded like the water issue was a pretty big one before the war began.  I think I saw something that said that they had captured what they needed in order to regain control over their water resources.

It also sounds like in some areas, Azeri captures of Armenian equipment not only may have offset their losses, but also even expanded their inventory beyond what it was before the war.  

It also sounds like the Armenian government trying to make it sound like they were winning this whole time didn't pay off for them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It sounded like the water issue was a pretty big one before the war began.  I think I saw something that said that they had captured what they needed in order to regain control over their water resources.

It also sounds like in some areas, Azeri captures of Armenian equipment not only may have offset their losses, but also even expanded their inventory beyond what it was before the war.  

It also sounds like the Armenian government trying to make it sound like they were winning this whole time didn't pay off for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think the main motivator for this war was religion, I think religion was a part of it, especially for turkey to gleefully offer weapons, men, intel, and probably money to Azerbaijan.

As for the Armenian government's propaganda backfiring, well of course it would, any time a government lies then loses a war/battle. It was stupid of them to do that, and the fact is with all the information available out there the public should have known better. Too much of the Soviet system/mentality remains there.

I'm curious to know how many were killed on each side. That's a figure that will be a little more difficult to get out of the governments.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well they recently learned about socks
View Quote

He's no more a Tanker then a Bradley crew. Motorized/Mechanized Infantry.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Shocking images captured by a photographer for Reuters in a convoy of Russian peacekeepers show heavy casualties in the fighting between Azerbaijani and ethnic Armenian forces in the battle for Shushi/Susa.

Graphic pics in link

None graphic below, rest at the link(bodies everywhere)

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nothing quite like ”peacekeeping” with Grads.
View All Quotes

LOL
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
^
View Quote

Russia stronk!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Armenians don't seem to trust the Russians either.

Armenian media has already accused the CO of the Russian contingent of being ethnically Azeri. He held an interview where he stated he's actually Dagestani.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Armenian media has already accused the CO of the Russian contingent of being ethnically Azeri. He held an interview where he stated he's actually Dagestani.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is going to be great.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the Grads were a good idea
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not possible. Certain experts in GD have told me Russia is ethnically homogeneous.

But, I think the whole thing is hilarious, and really underscores how the Armenians are and think... and to a lesser extent, the reality of Caucasus nationalities in general.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Not possible. Certain experts in GD have told me Russia is ethnically homogeneous.

But, I think the whole thing is hilarious, and really underscores how the Armenians are and think... and to a lesser extent, the reality of Caucasus nationalities in general.
View Quote

Fucking Caucasians.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

Probably why they sent a bunch of RE troops with outdated equipment.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Fucking Caucasians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking Caucasians.

I had to deliberately avoid that word, due to how it is used here. Getting GD out of the 19th Century in anthropology is as hopeless as getting them out of the mid 17th Century in political science.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I had to deliberately avoid that word, due to how it is used here. Getting GD out of the 19th Century in anthropology is as hopeless as getting them out of the mid 17th Century in political science.
View Quote

Fucking Warrant Officers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was going to be my comment
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mix a hell of a  Caucasian, Jackie.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The reality is no one gives a fuck what happens between Azerbaijan and Armenia.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet even here, on a site where even prior knowledge of the countries in question is grounds for suspicion of "globalist" thought, we have a 37 page thread and growing.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Russian peacekeepers in Dadivank, Kelbajar district. Their mission: to protect the Armenian monastery there ahead of the district being handed back to Azerbaijan
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Interesting video by a Russian War correspondent.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Thats an old ass AK74, AND a AG4/bakelite magazine. Also a soviet era mag pouch.

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#36]

In flight over the US now, SAM113, on it's way back from Azerbaijan.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Armenian soldier

Azeri soldier

Trying to identify friend and foe
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like Armenia got it ass kicked.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Requoring this after some research.

Dagestani is overwhelmingly Muslim, so apparently the good Christian nation of Russia sent a Muslim to guard the Armenians. From Muslims.

The Turks are coming, the Turks are coming!
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Dagestani is overwhelmingly Muslim, so apparently the good Christian nation of Russia sent a Muslim to guard the Armenians. From Muslims.

View Quote

That was basically how the Soviets policed the Central Asian Republics, back in the day.

Now, will it work for the Near Abroad? I'd say signs point to yes.

As the South American FAO told me...the first rule of geography is that stuff or people that is closer to one another effects each other more than stuff that is further away. There is no second rule.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hahaha. Yeah. There's a lot of Russians (nationality) that are Muslim. GD likes to forget this but when you mix a third grade mentality with 1930s information
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That was basically how the Soviets policed the Central Asian Republics, back in the day.

Now, will it work for the Near Abroad? I'd say signs point to yes.

As the South American FAO told me...the first rule of geography is that stuff or people that is closer to one another effects each other more than stuff that is further away. There is no second rule.
View Quote

I’m sure it’s going to work just fine. Azerbaijan has what it wants and it got it decisively.

So long as the Armenians behave themselves and the Russians don’t go revanching all the things again, I don’t see why this wouldn’t be sustainable.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#43]
The Russians have placed ethnic caps on conscription for the past few years. They don’t want their armed forces to have the true demographics of the country.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Shocking images captured by a photographer for Reuters in a convoy of Russian peacekeepers show heavy casualties in the fighting between Azerbaijani and ethnic Armenian forces in the battle for Shushi/Susa.

Graphic pics in link

https://gdb.rferl.org/575b14af-2548-4531-b803-e1844e05b761_w1023_s.jpg
https://gdb.rferl.org/31159896-928c-4794-a622-51e3ad8b7ce7_w1023_s.jpg
View Quote
The way the battle is going, dead Armenians
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Russians have placed ethnic caps on conscription for the past few years. They don’t want their armed forces to have the true demographics of the country.
View Quote

And, interestingly, Shoigu is now on year 9 of his assignment as Defense Minister.

A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

But, perhaps there is a key.

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read that certain high profile organizations like VDV went professional precisely to control the intake.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Graphic pics in link

https://gdb.rferl.org/575b14af-2548-4531-b803-e1844e05b761_w1023_s.jpg
https://gdb.rferl.org/31159896-928c-4794-a622-51e3ad8b7ce7_w1023_s.jpg

No question about it
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I read that certain high profile organizations like VDV went professional precisely to control the intake.
View Quote

I've heard that had more to do with singing than anything
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Found some details on the agreement.

Per this looks like Armenia/N-K promised to give every inch of Azerbaijani land back that wasn't N-K proper, even the stuff that was almost vacant of people west and connected N-K with Armenia proper. This is even more dramatic than the earlier maps showed.

https://english.iswnews.com/16231/the-peace-agreement-between-azerbaijan-and-armenia-who-is-the-winner-of-this-conflict/?fbclid=IwAR0IVMGuT3Oo4CCI-zIF0sa5P5jPbn0sHIqyZO-G8OR2W_35FY-rFNKOWWc
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#50]
So is Armenia going to accept this loss or are they likely to try to build up their forces in hopes of retaking the land in the future?

In other words, just how attached are they to that land?
Page / 40
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top